Anyone buy a X1s? I am looking for a 4k HDR blu-ray player and the X1s seems to be great value

Anyone buy a X1s? I am looking for a 4k HDR blu-ray player and the X1s seems to be great value.

How do you find it. It seems to good for the money. I have no real need for a console but was going to buy a PS4 for FFVX but am no thinking of killing two stone and just getting the X1s

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55B6P-oled-4k-tv
news.xbox.com/2016/08/02/xbox-one-s-4k-hdr/
madvr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I also like to take dicks deep in my ass but i wouldn't go saying it around.

Find me a cheaper 4K HDR blu-ray player.

4k is for retards, why do you think we give a shit what you use on your ridiculously overpriced television? ask reddit i'm sure they have a lively discussion for ripoff shit

Instead of being retarded and buying one early, why not just wait until prices drop?

Quality is for Retards?

Go ahead watch 480p yiffy rips on your 1366x768 cheap TV.

Stream that shit, fool.

Cause $299 is a good price for one hence why I am thinking of getting the X1s.

You talk as if 4k is the gold standard when most games are still pushing 1080p. Just like early adopters of the PS4, VR, and pretty much any new tech under the sun, you're a retard if you think you're going to get the "cutting edge" for cheap. You want cheap? You wait. You have more money than you know what to do with? Go crazy, but don't act like you're trying to do both at the same time.

Does the Xbone have any exclusives at all? I haven't bought a Bloodborne machine yet, but there seems to be more exclusives going that way.

I don't care about games, I game on my PC with the GTX1080. Find me a better picture quality 4k blu-ray player so X1s seems to be the best for it.

Depends on if you have a PC. X1 and PS4 have not much not coming to PC also.

But if you don't give a shit about games, why not just wait until enough people adopt 4k to make the price of the players fall through the floor?

4K is a meme. To get the most out of that high a resolution, you have to sit very close to the display, and the display has to be fucking massive–which usually means a curved screen. This isn't even taking into account the relative dearth of media that makes use of 4K resolution.
OP, if you own a 4K TV, you are a faggot with more money than sense. TVs have a lot of room to improve, but resolution is far less important than features that actually matter, like local dimming, and which have yet to take off in the mainstream market.

Okay, fine. Most media are still pushing 1080p.
Pick one
I fucking doubt that shit. It's a multimedia device, chances are there are "baseline industry standard" components that allow it to have barebones features. If you want a robust home theater, you're gonna have to drop some coin. Ever hear the phrase, "you get what you pay for"?

It should be a good deal for you if you want a 4K player. It's pretty damn capable as a media box, and the UI is really good since the last update.

The one thing you've gotta check is if the XB1S actually is compatible with your TV in 4K input wise. There's some issue with earlier 4K displays where the formats weren't decided on then, and the XB1S doesn't display in 4K on those sets. Something like that, don't know any more details though. It would be worth looking into because it would suck if you bought it only to find out that 4K doesn't work.

Also it might be worth waiting a month to see what the PS4 Neo has to offer when it gets revealed, because that Might be more what you are looking for even if it means waiting a while.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. When the PS3 first came out. It was one of the highest quality BluRay players on the market, and despite being $599.99, was still competitively priced with other players of the same quality.

Similarly, the X1S is by all counts and reviews, one of the best 4k Blu Ray player on the market, and at its price, is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

OP, If you have the money for a 4K TV and a player to go along with it, I'd say the 1S is a good buy. People will always shit on early adopters because of sour grapes.

lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55B6P-oled-4k-tv

This is my TV, it says it can do 4K HDR.

Just from a glance, I would suspect that you would be good to go, especially if it's a newer TV.

Here's Microsofts FAQ on these issues:

news.xbox.com/2016/08/02/xbox-one-s-4k-hdr/

Seems like there are a few things you can check from your TV that would confirm whether 4K would work with what you have.

The new Xbox and PS4 will most likely not be capable of 4k
Instead, it will be what is known as 2k4k, which is upscaled 2k ran to 4k resolution
Why? Because graphics cards used for 4k gaming alone cost over twice the price of the current generation consoles

In addition, I would like to add that the current generation consoles struggle to obtain both 1080p and 60fps, and usually settle for one of these.
If the new versions of these consoles somehow were capable of handling 4k resolution, they would not be able to maintain anything higher than 20fps
Again, why? Because the 1080 (priced at £600+) cannot run games like GTA 5 max settings and 4k without dipping below 60fps. These consoles will not be using graphics cards equivalent to or more powerful than the 1080.

tl;dr: The "4k" console is a buzzword, it will be incapable of that and will be running upscaled 2k if anything.
And even if it runs at upscaled 2k it's going to take a framerate hit, so games will barely go for that regardless

no fuck off to reddit
dubs

Next you'll be telling me these gold-plated monster cables were a poor purchasing choice.

user please.

madVR can do 4k and HDR. For free.

madvr.com/

Fuck off (215)

They announced a price already? Either way, judging it purely based on available games shit's not worth it. Like at all.

Unless you are a slave to the Forza series that is. Soon to be changed, thankfully.

Smart user, you picked one of the best HDTV's in the Market, I've wanted me one of those since last year.

2015 or 2016 model?

I agree, not like anything would change if I disagreed, since it's a fact.

I remember a video saying something VERY similar as to what you said. 4K for cheap is impossible, XboneS will only do upscaled 2K, which will be great if you're playing it on a Full HD TV, but will more or less look the same on a 4K, unless it's OLED, then again. 1080 oled and 4K Oled look very similar if you're not a cinephile.

Oh, and the fact that if you're playing it on a TV less than "75, then it will be even harder to tell the difference.

ITT: Micro$hit shills do it 4free

If you're the kind of goy who buys Blu-Rays and has a whole shelf full of them, go ahead and buy an XB1. It's obvious that you don't care about money or you're so loaded you don't need to care. I've never understood people who buy movies on disc. Just how many times do you plan on watching the same damn movie over and over again anyway?

kay.

this.

Not sure if idiot from 4chan or genuine shill.

I have one it's great, Best media center I have ever owned.