B-but it's just a Beta!

Is there anymore pathetic and cancerous excuse for games these days?

Yes, there is.

Fuck off with this template garbage

Ah the Bethesda game model. Forgot about that one.

This

Try making a thread about videogames OP

Thats a pretty vintage one too!

What about this

It's not that bad, they lied and left out tons of shit but at least there is this one thing that is barely working!

I'm sure many of you can relate to the phrase: "I'm surrounded by idiots"

games dont actually change even from the alpha

beta is basically the finished game with some small irrelevant touch ups left

Gives me an aneurysm every time.

Actually said in defense of No Mans Sky

/thread

I'm glad Tabata insists on fixing FFXV without a patch, even if it means another delay. It's sure to anger a lot of fangirls, but it's a sacrifice worth making.
I'm not buying the "They're scared of Persona 5" theory that keeps floating around. It doesn't hold much water. Square Enix have been on the market front lines for a long time. They're no strangers to competition.

Sometimes that's true tough.
Many videogames struggle to keep their playerbase toghether because they obtain playerbase A, and then they shift focus on playerbase B after playerbase A praise it.
Just look at what they did to Bioshock.

Well that's a retarded and false thing to say. Did you not see the alpha for Starcraft? Ocarina of Time?

It's ok. With games like eternal crusade we go from pre-alpha directly to release.

No beta at all :DDDD

"If you buy more ship packs it'll get better!"
"it'll come out soon!"

"You try to make a video game, see what happens."

This one triggers me hard. I've seen so many people defend cosmetic dlc/microtransactions like somehow they are fine. It's one of the laziest ways to jew people and yet it is acceptable.

Why are you even touching something with label "Beta" on it? It's like eating shit and then complaining that it tastes like shit.
I think you only have yourself to blame in such situation.

Im honestly fine with the beta excuse as long as I'm not paying for it, if its a free beta like titanfall2's thing that's going on I dont really see an issue. Now if it was something like "but its early access" then we have a problem

That's not an alpha for ocarina in pic 2, that's a tech demo for the n64.

do betas actually exist anymore or is it all early-access and "multiplayer betas" which are just the finished product to get people hyped

99% of early access is late beta, where only minor tweaks and bug fixes happen, but when they say alpha, people hear it and assume a lot will happen between now and the "official" release.

Warframe in a nutshell.

It's a legitimate defense, but it means a lot less now, since literally every game ever ships in beta.

it's okay when nintendo does it.

It's sad, because rather than wait until the game actually is capable of being shipped in a glitch-free state some devs/publishers basically seem to cut their Q&A staff and make players their playtesters.

You should see how the Overwatch summer event went, Blizzard had to modify their official site to remove the false advertising line about the use of in-game currency.

It is still in "open beta" right?

It's valid when the game is buggy, underpolished, poorly balanced or maybe lacking in content.

It doesn't change fundamental design issues.

But that post has a point user.

Yes.

I want to read it, but I can't.

Captcha: romcat

It's acceptable because they get no advantage over you in the game. So when you see that flaming faggot in a girl school uniform wielding a golden dildo as a weapon, you know it's giving him the same stats as your ugly rags and shabby club, therefore, you're both on equal ground.
Sure, it's a way to jew people out of their money, but it's their own fault for being such vain faggots and it's what's keeping the game 100% free for you.
Not to mention they could simply go pay to win and completely ruin the game for you while also making a lot more shekels, but they don't and I can respect that.

>i guess in the end you just don't get it man
oh, i get it i just don't have my fanboy goggles on like you

Eeh, partially this can be argued as valid, a lot of people can't really disassociate games from their "fanbase"; this causes people to pull context in from outside the game and apply it to the game.

I had a ten-year-old tell me to "not judge a book by its cover" when I told him Pokeman Go isn't a game.

this is a more accurate one

I fucking ==HATE== this excuse. I'm not going to go to someone on the street, hand them $60 and call them a asshole.

I keep forgetting you can only do that on a newline. Ah well.

Why are you even on Holla Forums?

Epic post, friend!

What does that shit have to do with Holla Forums?

what the fuck is going on in that image?

just screen caps and lyrics of this, i dunno why everyone is freaking out in that cap

Look closer

Stop being so contrarian…

He once made a thread just posting lyrics and then he samefagged like 20 times, screencapped it and made like 20 "Best of Holla Forums" threads with that image.
I think he was mocking screencaps.

At least the first 3 in the image have hope and a possibility that the game will be fixed by the devs

is the worst possible excuse because it is flat out admitting the game is bad and the devs are not going to ever fix it, so it is the responsibility of the community to fix the game the devs sold them.

Essentially you pay for a game that you have to completely rebuild yourself.

oh wait he got a lot of dubs, maybe that's why it didn't go straight to the last page

LOOK CLOSER, I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT

oh what a fucking mess

How fucking stupid are you people?

i'm pretty stupid

It's supposed to parody all those "le funneh 4chin storiez" screencaps that get posted onto shit like 9GAG, iFunny, imgur and Reddit.

this one is pretty fantastic if you hear it in shakes voice though

Next one needs a spoiler though. It's very triggering

>gg ez

metroid prime hunters was an actually released game though
the zelda footage was never developed into its own game, ocarina of time was

dark is the worst fucking theme

Enjoy burning your eyes out with Yotsuba and Yotsuba B.
At least he didn't use Tomorrow.

As long as said beta is free, I think that's pretty reasonable to say

Its an unreadable piece of shit because its a block of redtext. Dark is best theme

I remember when beta meant the game was basically complete, there was just bugs left to fix.

This
Cosmetics is the most fair and unintrusive way to monetize the game. If one thing overshit did right, it's monetary model.
Literally nothing wrong with selling cosmemtics to keep your game afloat.

They're completely negligent to the game at large It would be like me charging people to watch a movie where the main character is edited to wear a sombrero.

They already fucked it up, event items can't be purchased with in-game currency and loot boxes can give you a lot of dupes which are then converted with currency, which is useless when you want a certain event skin.

But what if it's a good beta?

so they've setting up their monetization scheme to make you pay them your real life monetary units in exchange for goods and services?
The absolute fucking horror.

Man, Pokemon's fun and all, but if you think its not just the same thing every year with a new set of ugly critters you're an idiot.
Although, I guess its not the same thing because at least then we'd still have things like character customization, battle frontier, secret bases, seasons…

Oh I remember this piece of shit. I remember that one fucking autist made that thread, made a bunch of le epic post xD. Gotta love screencapping your own fucking thread, eh?

THPS?

Yes, there is.

Does it affect gameplay tho?

Then sit and wait for a full fucking game. If demo is good, then devs know what they are doing and there will be a full game.

wow that bitch got fukken pwnt

Isn't it funny that there's a game also called starMADE that has a free alpha/beta

How is this a bad thing? I'm sure everyone has a guilty pleasure game they love.

fortunately no, but there are two kinds of players, collectors and competitive, this thing gravely affects collectors and the protests were huge, the problem is that the director basically said that they gave us free stuff too, pointing at the latest new hero, when the game was released it was promised that new heroes and levels would all be free, but the way the director worded it made it appear that in the future they may hold said gameplay content behind a paywall since they are giving us that free content for the kindness of their hearts.

Microtransaction is saying your community can't actually enjoy the game in it's own right and needs carrot on a stick grinding instead of enjoying the game itself.
Your saying it's okay to give pubs and devs the thumbs up for them to focus on low effort content to games even though they were going to add content anyway instead of actually adding good content to games.
Your saying it's okay to make not-fun grinding games for the sake of money.
We continue to get shittier games and MMOs because companies will churn out addiction apps instead of actual good games.

Microtransactions are cancer and shouldn't be excused.

-side note "How do you know they were planning on DLC or How do you know the game was not finished YOU weren't at the board meeting is another great cancerous excuse"