So, why is Pillars of Eternity was bad again? Because without Holla Forums's help i wouldn't even notice that its bad

So, why is Pillars of Eternity was bad again? Because without Holla Forums's help i wouldn't even notice that its bad.

This game seems literally the only reason why you hate obsidian now like fucking feminist cucks or something. Dare to explain?

They changed one line about some tranny in the script.

And that's all? Does it really matter?

Well, this is Holla Forums.

Is that supposed to be english?
Why are you playing reading games if you can't even speak the language properly?

Well, the niggers are the most civilized race in the game for one.

wrong game thats the shitty baldur's gate expansion made by those cucks at beamdog

No, it's POE for sure.

everyone will tell you about the balance meme but nobody will ever elaborate on that

It's a shittier Baldur's Gate made 17 years later.

Well, i tried to begin that game. I remember having to kill all the monsters in starting location after the intro sequence. Or else i wouldn't proceed well. Reminds me MMO style balance a little.

The thing is that i never ventured further into the story, if its well written, maybe it would be okay to grind shit.

It was the backer bonus gravestone about the guy who offed himself after banging a trap and finding out the next day
Obviously this offended those who would have formerly padded the halls of mental asylums, and it was removed for being hateful.

I think that's the reason he enjoyed it.

Not even.
It was ONE shemale hambeast on twitter.

Nigga, why don't you play similar playing games like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2 or IceWind Dale so you could get a good idea of why PoE didn't really match up?

It's not bad bad..it's just..missing something.

I just couldn't get invested into the world.

Okay, i seem to get it by that screenshot.

How well was Divinity Original Sin compared to it? I remember this thing came out just recently too.

No

I liked it a bit because it's multiplayer and it was kinda funny. but again everything is good with friends.

Holy shit time goes fast.

No.

Gameplay was fine, but I hated the story and the universe. It didn't feel like it was set in the 15th century or whatever it was supposed to. It felt like 21st century with magic, swords and muskets. I loved how it looked and played but I hated the characters, I hated the dialogues and I hated the main plot. I don't even care that it's made with a shitty Unity engine and takes more processing power than Crysis run, I can look pass all that. I liked the dungeon crawling under the keep you owned and I liked the combat but everything else felt sadly annoying.

Usually when I play RPGs I love to get immersed to the game, learn about the lore and get to know different characters in the game. In case of POE I just hated every character and wanted them to shut up. I also hated the whole "you're a watched who can read souls" bullshit, not to mention the fedora tipping ending. I'm an atheist IRL but when I'm in a magical universe I like to play a zealous Paladin. This game didn't exactly let me do that, especially in the end of the game.

It's quite mediocre. I haven't noticed anyone actively hating it. I was just disappointed how it turned out and I assume other people were disappointed too. Still, I'm glad that at least they're still trying to make games like this instead of taking the dialogue wheel + 3rd person action route like Mass Effect etc.

I had a lot of fun with D:OS. I played with with 2 other friends using the 4 player mod. The enhanced edition made it look really nice and changed a few things up like making rogues a decent class.

Rogues were great in vanilla and EE nerfed them more than anything else
Fuck you

Original Sin was pretty fun. Not amazing but it's good for what it is, PoE tried to reinvent D&D and Baldur's Gate and fell flat in every aspect.

The game markets itself as an IE game in the same vein as BG and IWD, etc, but gratuitously fails by having a terrible UI and generally changing too much of the formula, making it a different game altogether IMO.

It also fucks around with the mods I try to install to get it to actually look like an IE game (which actually made it a much more enjoyable experience). It's buggy as fuck, the characters are fairly dull, and it's just an overall dissapointment.

How do I completely erase the kickstarter npcs from existance?

How else you gonna kill Drizzt?

sage

You could make a game out of killing all of them, that's what I did.

Oh yeah, that too, the population of the first town is 50% coldsteel the hedgehog and donut steel.

You're starting off with a lot of assumptions, faggot.

It's fun.
It's absolutely nothing like the other Divinity games, though.

I'd hate to play a tabletop game with josh fucking sawyer. What a boring setting, what an autistic, anti-fun game system.

Too many other writers too, and I'm not sure if any of them cared about the project much, even avellone was barely involved. You've got some edgy "everyone in this fucking office reads and is cool with ripping off steven erikson" bits, a wannabe planescape ending that falls flat philosophically and dramatically, next to no humor, a lack of romance that seems to be a result of the characters being too stiff and aloof to be real people rather than any conscious design decision. A lack of romance in the broader sense, too, because at no point does this feel like an adventure. When you get to the end, your character hasn't grown, you don't inherit any responsibility, you don't care about anyone, you just kill some old guy and then fuck off and it's likely that no one remembers who you are or what you did.

Oh yeah, and it took well over a year of patches to be "balanced" and it probably hasn't seen it's last one yet. What the fuck

Wait, if he's wearing chainmail shouldn't he be the Green Harp instead of the Irish tricolour?

Divinity: Original Sin is great. In higher difficulties turn-based tactics are very important. Positioning is key, and spells that dislocate enemies work both defensively (getting that guy away from your squishies, moving that zombie out of that healing pool) and offensively (moving that squishy right next to your tanks or trapping him in that poison pile). Mixing and matching spells to create interesting effects works unbelievably well and makes each encounter unique that must be taken seriously in turn.

Writing is intentionally made to be funny and self-aware. If you are expecting a grim and realistic fantasy setting you are not getting it here, but if you want to get a chuckle every now and then in between questing and tactics it's here.

It's not for everyone, but I had a good time with it.

Setting aside any complains over SJWs the writing is just not very good. Walls of text, overly pretentious and poorly written characters. It proved the long-standing assumption that Obsidian was a few talented people (who have all since left) and a bunch of incompetent fucks.

Anyone who claims is the only problem is bullshitting. This was the line Obsidian pushed to distract from legitimate complaints with the game. If you want more detail go read the RPGCodex review(s).

I'll also add that part of the reasons for shitty build variety game from an active attempt to balance a fucking single player game to the detriment of fun. Some of the complains about mechanics have supposedly been patched but the game bored me too much to make it worth checking and I doubt they can have fixed certain fundamental problems without completely overhauling the gameplay.

So I'm guessing you've never opened a book or played a decent rpg in your life. The writing is atrocious, the writers fell into the amateur trap of thinking more words = better writing. The gameplay is boring and there's not any interesting builds you can do. So who's the game for? People who enjoy good writing hate it, and people who enjoy good combat hate it. Only shit eating casuals like yourself who haven't encountered anything better would say it's decent.

It's a big fucking problem, or are we going to play a game of degrees concerning censorship?

What Obsidian did was basically prove that they are willing to fuck over their own product and shit on contributors that paid to have content featured in the game, simply because a mentally ill freak of nature whined about it on the internet.

How can anyone trust such a company, whose call to fame was its complex and nuanced writing, that tackled mature themes and eschewed the usual cRPG good/evil dichotomy, to deliver games dealing with themes that aren't always politically correct?

Are all their games now going to be sanitized to adhere to tumblr's high PC standards? Will they remove content from their games whenever some leftist subhuman cries foul on the internet, patching it out of the hands of paying users? They've done it once, they'll do it again.

I enjoyed most of my time with it, but I'll admit I ended up getting frustrated and stopped playing after a fair bit of time into it. Some of the fights started becoming less fun and more frustrating. I know its because I'm bad and didn't figure out the ways to game the system to such an extent the game breaks in half, but damn it got frustrating.

I am still looking cautiously hoping for 2, but I question how they are going to balance things. They are going to have to figure out how to balance a game with the competing quests in mind as well as the possibility of a single player having a four man death ball. Then there was the other stuff that hinted that they wanted the Bioware audience. No one should want that audience.

I'm not denying it's an issue user nor that it's a big one. Obsidian used to be trustworthy in that their SJW beliefs wouldn't get injected into their games (or would show up as minor shit like Veronica/Felicia Day) and that trust is now gone. My point is it was not the only problem and even had it not happened PoE would be shit.

They changed a line about a tranny in both games actually.

PoE, far as I can figure out, has four major problems.

The story is boring shit that fails to grip the player at the beginning, is full of plot holes and inconsistencies.

The writing is godawful purple prose that seems to have jumped straight out of a romance novel written by a woman.

Sawyer made damn sure there was no possibility that anyone would ever have fun with this game by making the gameplay as restrictive and obnoxious as possible, on top of the clear lack of balance that defaults the majority of players to one or two possible builds and party combinations.

Pandering to leftists and listening to leftists complaints.

Oh, and not accepting any contributions from their best, and the genre's best, writer to the point he ragequit, favoring instead the submission of clearly untalented hacks that seem to have been pooled straight from tumblr.

And I see no proof they've learned anything from this, since Tyranny opens up with "women and men", has the gender symbols switched so the female one is first in the character selection, and the lore has the Southern lands where men can captain boats but women inherit all the land.

It's Pillars of Equality all over again.

Case solved.

>Carrie Patel
>Olivia Veras
Well, that explains it.

Played through the whole campaign with a friend on hard mode, original version and not enhanced.
The narrative was ok and many encounters were genuinely creative and funny. Story didn't seem to take itself too seriously so you'd have to be ok with that.
The combat however is honestly one of the best systems I've ever seen in a turn based rpg. Every battle for us for at least the first half of the game was a decent challenge and we had to use every ability and environmental effect to the hilt to win.
The roleplay system where the two players can disagree with eachother and "argue" by playing a round of rock paper scissors was very clever.
Graphics are bretty good.
Music is bretty good.
No joke at least 80-85 hours of content for one campaign (according to steam at least). My friend and I were reasonably thorough.

I would definitely recommend.

It's almost the same with woman writers, they reach high school levels of writing and never get beyond that, they think that more words mean more depth, and so they shower you with flavor text that is utterly meaningless.

Seems that having oversight was good for them. Sawyer and his crew might have self-censored before to not cause controversies and you don't really have time to insert your political bullshit into a game when you have a deadline and a publisher breathing down you neck. As long as they're funded by backers they can do whatever the fuck they want, and now it turns out to be a bad thing. The sooner these hacks go back to producing mobile games the better.

randum holds up spork humor and "lol everything is so ironic and self-aware aren't we clever? :D" the story gets really dark mid to late game but i lost interest because the gameplay is boring as shit. first of all the story sucks your dick about what a special cosmic snowflake you are and how you're the baddest motherfucker that ever lived, yet the game gives you nothing to show that or set you apart from your companions or other NPCs. collecting those stupid star stones (which are supposed to be pieces of your former power) does not change or impact the PCs at all. it opens some stupid rooms, and unlocks backstory, that's it. reaching high-level abilities takes long as fuck, and once you get them, they are dull, both in concept and execution, and feel underpowered as well. nothing in this game feels rewarding at all.

Other than Amy Hennig is there any other female writer in the industry that isn't shit?

(checked)

I played through it without the game-breaking perks. It made the game challenging enough that I had to take careful steps with every battle and analyzing how to deal with the various foes I faced. I can see why others would have issues with it though.

to add something else that annoyed me: the way everything is leveled in relation to your PC and your companions. when you enter a new region, everything in it is going to be locked at a level above or equal to you. so all those levels you worked your balls off to get and think you're hot shit? guess what, a bunch of no-name fuckhead villagers apparently beat you to it. yet another instance of the game shitting on you and mocking your progress while at the same time telling you what a cool guy you are.

lol casuls

No divinity game is like the other divinity games.

I do get complaints about the story and writing.
On my first playthrough I thought I was just hitting act II, when we where finally told who the badguy was and going to knuckle down and start foiling his schemes, starting in that hole in the ground. And then the game ended.
Poorly structured, not very engaging and no focus left me more confused about what I was supposed to be doing than anything else.
I liked the worldbuilding, it left me wanting to get to know more about that world. Too bad the game was set in the least interesting and most depressing corner of that world. Which leads to my biggest issue with the game. Tone. Games are supposed to be fun and exciting in one way or another. This game was "depressing village where the local ruler has gone nuts from grief and hung half the people there" to "ruined castle inhabited by a single crazy guy who has gone insane from the memory of raping his mother in a past life" to big city where "an entire quarter of the place is dead and the rest are going increasingly down the shitter, with one of its most important houses being an insaneasylum where the inmates are tortured for their own good"
In short, the main mood of the game is just plain being depressed. The music seems mostly there to heighten this mood.
The characters all revolve around it, with the most obnoxious one by far being Greiving Mother. Every characters arc revolves around them being depressed in some way. There is just nothing cheerful or mood lifting in the entire game. If you aren't in a depression when you start playing this game, you will be when you finish it.
What the fuck is the point of that? Who wants to spend 20-30 hours on something that does nothing but try to ruin your mood?

Mechanic wise I liked it. The stats didn't work like they usually do in RPG's so it took some getting used to, but the combat was fun once you got your head around the tactics involved. I liked the inclusion of firearms, which for some reason always get left out of western RPG's. I liked that the heaviest armor possible isn't always the best for your role, but the game doesn't force you to leave your mages unarmored and defenceless while a barbarian frontline fighter can greatly benefit from a light armor that lets him move like a greased lightning.
Not the kind of stuff you normally get in RPG's. There was also that singing class, it was an interesting new idea.
The whole "build up your castle" thing had a lot of potential. It never really went anywhere even when fully build, all it did was give you buffs when you rested there. I would have loved a repeat of NWN 2's siege, where you would have to defend the castles walls against an attacking army or somesuch. You know, make actual use of all the time and effort the game expects you to put into that place.

So overall, I liked the mechanics, the writing was depressing, most of your companions where meh, Other than durance and Hiravias who was the closest the game ever got to a cheerful character and was a novel approach to an otherwise boring archetype of druids in D&D style worlds the worldbuilding never paid off and the story was shit.
I don't get why people bitch over "walls of text."
Baldurs Gate and Planescape Torment had TONS of that. Half the point of not having VA's voice every line is that you CAN get in more dialogue that way. Its an improvement over the Skyrim style striped down dialogue options most RPG's have nowdays.

Which is a shame, the original Divine Divinity was the best of them.

I liked 2 most personally but I still haven't played DC or OS.

What a dumb goy.

Because the point of the kikestarer was they were their own masters now and they don't have to answer to nobody, except mentally damaged people on twitter accusing them of nonexistent things, like "transmisooginy", who also happen to be very active in the #killallmen hashtag, not even joking.

Excellent counterpoint! So what is it, did I insult your first time playing D&D or something?

You still haven't said how 4th ed is bad, gramps.

Better to be old than a millennial who enjoys shallow garbage.

You said it already and it didn't make any sense the first time, too.

You probably like trash like Baldur's Gate and Icewind dale.

These are the reasons I haven't and won't play this game. Removing all the fun from a single player game for no good reason is slightly more disgusting than the small amount of kowtowing for the socjus overlords. The writing was the shit cherry on top.

Wew, this is the weekend!

Eyy luhmayo.

Tell me this, why is having every fight in D&D feel like a MMO tank and spank a good thing in a pen and paper game like this?

>implying you will ever attempt to even justify your position

It's an ok game. Didn't finish it, I got fucking sick of reading somewhere near the end.

SJW devs, so don't buy it, pirate if you want to play it

Gramps, that's the third time you've spouted your buzzword, do you even know what it means?

It's okay, millennials never really can justify their position. Glad you are still sticking you insulting the other side, kotaku would be proud of you!

smh

If I had to distill it down to a core issue I'd say that it was a lack of passion that made it suck. First of all it didn't really have a voice of its own, it was just a by the numbers game using nostalgia as core vision. Even though they had more creative freedom than ever they didn't even try to use that freedom. There was no strong vision that gave birth to this game but a need of cash and that really shows.

Secondly it's not great in any area hat similar games did really well in, the combat is far below that of IWD and even BG, the writing never gets as interesting as in Arcanum or Planescape: Torment, I'd even go so far as to say the writing is much worse than in IWD. The unity engine sucks horse anus, even shoestring budget indie titles have had better custom made isometric engines. Everything about the setting and music and art is terribly bland. The writing often feels like filler. The reactivity is pretty subpar, playing as a godlike doesn't change the experience at all. Every part of the game is okay at best.

Basically they couldn't even make a game half as interesting as Geneforge and that was made by a one man army dev. So much for blaming publishers for their ineptitude.

kek

Shoot shoo

Feel free to cut yourself with it.

lol are you being paid for this? nobody who's not a complete newb to tabletop or DnD cares about 4th ed. get a grip, schlomo.

The devs are using MMORPG balance logic on a single player game. Class have a skill that's a bit too good? Nerf it into uselessness tier (or straight up delete it from the game in one case) and screw over people who picked that skill so their characters become shit!

The only fun thing about the combat in that game was to make a mage tank and do better at tanking stuff than warrior/paladin tanks. Everything else was shit. No pre-buffing was shit (and buff/debuff management was shit in general), stealth was shit, engagement was utter and absolute shit, 75% of the skills were shit and the game was way too easy even on highest difficulty.

Just admit you're buttblasted over the transperson incident and get it over with.

Ayyyyy

You haven't given any reason why your nerd shit is better either. On that note >>>/tg/

t. minmaxer who plays RPGs to max his shit multiclass build and not actually Role-play

Your opinion literally does not matter, fam.

The game is total shit

I played this shit show around lunch and regretted even pirating it

If I was a minmaxing scrub I'd be the one complaining that the game is too hard, since I wouldn't be able to minmax.

;)

lmao

Switched tactics to covering your ears and eyes? That's actually a bit sad.

we could easily compile dozens of arguments from the internet as 4th ed is widely hated. it's just nobody is humoring you, baby boy. keep whining about mean old Holla Forums and stay mad.

Sure thing bruh

These Holla Forumsturds holy shit.

I thought you couldn't read. What is it? Can you read and see why 4th ed is garbage or are you going to keep covering your ears and eyes?

Here you go, have a trump reaction. At least you can use that to prop up some counter argument calling me a stormweenie or something similar.

I honestly can't fathom what Sawyer was thinking when he was making the game.

Why bother aping IE games if you're going to do everything in your power to remove the fun from the combat and then couple that with lackluster writing and limited non-linearity.

At least PST had strong writing, good characters, an intriguing plot and an interesting world to distract you from how shit the combat was, and Arcanum let you go wild with reactivity and builds, even though it was unbalanced to hell.

And these are industry veterans with years and years of developing some of the most famous cRPGs under their belt.

Your only argument is that it made the game an MMO (Which if you honestly believe that, you're ACTUALLY retarded as fuck).

Why would I even bother giving you examples of why it's good if you can't come up with anything of substance to support your claim that it's bad?

also

Quick question are you legitimately retarded or just trolling?

I'm sure it's ebin trolling at this point. I refuse to believe there is someone this brain damaged that can use the computer.

You've been arguing with him as if you believe it.

divinity original sin is better

This is a good thing though, it kills grinding.

I did at first but no fucking way someone would take it this far.

8/10, I fell for that shit pretty badly.

Compared to PoE, DO:S is a fucking godsend.

no, its shit

I wanna fuck Mama chan.

Progression is poorly designed.

Hilariously there are some MMO's that do a better job of fun in PvE too by simply having PvE and PvP versions of things (GW1 springs to mind). They didn't even copy good MMO balanceā€¦

MMOs, not MMO's, obviously.

i have been meaning to play this, should i go for the original or the enhanced edition?

EE seems to be made for consoles mainly.

This thread is now about Path of Exile, the better PoE game.

Did somebody say Pillars?

Go enhanced, play on tactician mode if you want some added difficulty. There isn't any point in playing the original and they changed the ending of the game a lot story wise to make it a little bit more interesting; or at least that's what the guy I was playing with said.

Have the superior version

Is this fucking real?

PoE is a game where wizards need strength and barbarians need intelligence.

The entire rule system is doing-a-handstand-to-shit-in-your-own-mouth retarded.

stopped reading there
it's always the same with you guys

I just thought it was boring as fuck. Combat is clunky as fuck. Story made me fall asleep. And lore is just generic ass fantasy.

I'm inclined to take the other guy's side purely for the reason of him not constantly posting reaction images.