George Lucas admits he 'may have gone too far' with 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace'

George Lucas admits he 'may have gone too far' with 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace'

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

he didn't take into consideration the niggerification of the audience.

That's what you get when you surround yourself with yes-men, and use the first draft as the final script because no one has the guts to say it has a lot of rough edges.

It's fine. AotC is still a masterpiece. TLJ is kino.

The Disney shills are really grasping at straws at this point.

He's not saying there's anything wrong with the story. The problem is the mouth-breathing audience.

found the rlm drone
How about you actually watch the making of and don't get all your opinions from people just trying to make an entertaining video

The making of is hilarious because of how boring it all is and how much of a retard Lucas is.

Really makes you think

From memory, TPM had a prettygud plot/story. It was more Lucas' directing chops that did the damage

No, but some of the CGI that was used have aged badly.

AotC CGI is much more egregious, there's no excuse for that shit

The really sad thing is that the mouse actually had a really great chance to make new star wars be more like the original trilogy, but in a non derivative way. But they were too soycucked to do anything but shill their perverted agenda at the expense of all of their shekels.

The original three star wars movies worked best when it was George Lucas coming up with his crazy creative weird stories and ideas, while other people told him no sometimes, forced him to concede a few issues, and made it all coherent in editing. With the prequels trilogy, we got unfiltered George, which still had lots of the great creativity, but there was nobody left to edit him, only yes men. More over, I think in addition to co-writers, he should have also had somebody there to handle the internal consistency of the world, to curate and consult on a bibliography of what Lucas had already established in the previous films, because there are plenty of examples where George clearly just forgot what he had already established and made something else up.

When Disney bought the rights, Lucas lost his ability to be the final word on everything. Things could have gone back to how they originally were, maybe George wouldn't even have been so miserable with it this time around. Lucas was clearly still happy to consult with the mouse about his ideas for where the story would go. But instead, they just chucked all of his ideas and made their own crap, with no plan, just JewJews usual hackery. What an amazing missed opportunity.

Everything you said is correct but TLJ was actually good.

George has the entire universe conjured up in his mind, carefully curating the useful bits and sifting them apart from the Jar Jars is the real trick, but the new movies have no depth to them without George as the universe guru.

Drink more soy goy

Aesthetic is great

The movie would have worked a lot better if Anikin had been a teenager.

a few things
1. nobody told george no in the originals. he was a producer and editor on all of the films. the meme that he had someone holding him back while he had yes men in the prequels is pure horseshit
2.aotc actually has a co-writer kek
3. george WAS supposed to be a creative consultant on the new films, with the screenplays written based on his ideas, only disney and nu-lucasfilm wanted to go in other directions, thus basically telling him to fuck off. and fucked off he did, leaving them to their own disastrous shit slices they call movies.

george dindu nuffin

Now this is desperation!

In retrospect, TPM was fairly to-shelf – at least top middle if not bottom top. The problem was it wasn't suited to a theatrical release in dolby digital surround. Corporate really dropped the ball on that one.

Timely

Yes and no. He had many people tell him what he wrote needed work, and he worked on it, and then came up with the final script. But after that, he was the only person who believed in A New Hope.

maybe but the fact that fox still let him go over budget and schedule showed that he had enough pull going around.

Wasn't Lucas constantly miserable with being under the thumb of the studio? From what I recall, he was really happy to get the chance to do whatever he wanted, both with nobody to tell him no and with the power to do any visual if CGI when he made TPM, but the freedom made him go too far in a few places.

As for having a co-writers, it doesn't mean much if everybody is a yesman. I don't even want a co-writers for content, just to reign it in a bit and find the narrative thread.

And I know that he was supposed to consult, which is just proof that Lucas is actually pretty magnanimous. After feeling hurt by the backlash against the prequels and after years of stating how he hated working under the control of a studio, he was still willing to be involved.

Those fuckers threw away the meat and bones of Star Wars and pranced around on stage in it's skin.

Meme. He changed a lot of things in AOTC and ROTS due to the public reaction and the producer's opinion. He added or changed scenes because the actors' suggested things to him. Spielberg have been suggesting stuff to him since TPM, and co-directed some action scenes in ROTS.

Interviews and behind-the-scenes are better than the cherrypicking-fest RLM videos.

In the short-term, yes, but if you're the Mouse you have no interest in building a better mouse trap, so to speak. Your trap is for people. Disney hates visionary individuals and has to either consume them or destroy them, since they represent the same noble archetype as they themselves were before they became a Satanic Beast. It's some dark metaphysical shit that animates their sublime hatred for humanity and probably wouldn't have been possible without the institution being taken over by Jews decades ago. Few groups have had the requisite chutzpah to even attempt this sort of anti-human villainy.

They don't want Lucas precisely because they don't want to need anyone. They are using his IP (as well as so many others) to bootstrap their novelty machine - their emergent system, which is the means to produce corporate / industrial "creativity" without any indispensable individuals. Bringing Lucas back would signal that auteurs, authors, and other visionaries are necessary. It would be to concede defeat. Disney is currently courting "hot" directors for their projects, but i suspect that will be going away soon. You'll notice film directors the way you notice TV directors (in other words, you wont).

Corporations were never meant to be permanent and faceless institutions were a mistake. Fuck the mouse.

(checked)
interesting posture. quite subversive. bravo, disney

You're close. Lucas should have started with animation to tell Anakin's and Padme's childhood stories, then switched to live action and began to prequel trilogy proper essentially where AoC picks up. We would have gotten a longer meditation on his seduction to the dark side as well as the fall of the republic.

t. rlm mouthbreather.

RotS was the only good star wars film.
Prove me wrong faggot.

at least he can rest easy knowing that it's still not as bad as TFA or TLJ

And suddenly we have a "I didn't know I needed something but now I do" moment. That idea sounds really good.

I miss Jar Jar.

If Disney really wanted a compelling story for Rey they should have gotten rid of nigger and spic completely and focused on Rey being the product of a union between a sith and a jedi.
Being a symbol of a forbidden union hated by either would at least attract a sympathetic bent, and you could have all sorts of dynamics with the parents fighting each other or love overcoming their rivalry or some shit.
Anything better than "we got nothing" really

that's so comforting

annoying child anakin, dumb dialogue and boring tattooine
stupid edgy anakin and dumb final battle
stupid edgy anakinx2

these are the main issues with all the movies

from my point of view, you're the main issue with this thread

I really like the fire level where they fight in a volcano and go zing wang so cool

Reminder that prequelposting is pushed by Disney shills to show that haters are just teen trolls

I thought this was a joke, but then I sat it on Fox News this morning. I am just amazed by the obviousness of this kikery. TLJ is bombing so the (((media))) is taking a shot at Lucas and TPM? With footage and a write-up from the Plinkett review, some decade after its release? We are entering stranger timelines.

Disney put out a hit piece on TPM, and a hacky one at that.

hayden pls go

Did Disney put him up to it to try and barely save TLJ?

Why does reddit LOVE the prequels so much!?!?

Kill yourself.

Spotted the redditor