Love/Hate Thread

Is there are a character you absolutely adore, but despise their English VA? Vice Versa as well.

I can't stand Brian's stupid fucking saturday morning budget voice, he also voiced Monokuma, which REALLY rubbed salt in the wound.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

What did you find in Teddie as a character that you liked?

Japanese voices cause pain to my ears. Such an ugly language.

By personality, I just like how honest and innocent he is. Aesthetically, I love the mascot looking design, he's like a Japanese twist on Mickey Mouse or something from Tezuka or Betty Boop, it really sits right with me. I saw shadow Teddie and surprisingly loved the design as well.

I think he's one of the characters that actually decently executed. Then again, I'm still early in the game, the voice really makes me want to commit suicide. Awful, awful voice acting, fucking vile.

Once I found out Brian was voicing Monokuma, I dropped the series entirely. It's one of the main reasons I haven't bought DR2, that, and the fact that NISA gave a very iffy translation compared to dedicated fans

I agree to an extent. Jap can be bad and it sounds very strange, BUT English can be MUCH worse by the example I put in the OP. Here, you have to choose which is the least worst option. I pick the option that kills me slower, which is Jap.

Bad voice actors make me cringe and prevent me from being absorbed and engaged into the game at all. Japanese at least makes me imagine a more accurate tone and feel in English. I know it's certainly possible to find better voice actors, but they get what they already have because they're either lazy, or they're more recognizable than let's say…a new voice actor.

Which is a damn shame, because there are people giving more loyal voice tone and such.

Oh. That explains it.

I think I'm still gonna like him. I trust him with my heart.

I like fuuka from persona 3, but her English VA is so fucking awful.

I found it funny that her VA is the same one that voices Lulu in FFX.

Forgot to add.
I thought you were going to say lewder reasons due to what he does late in the game.

Here's an excuse to post this.

Now I wanna know how sexually depraved this felix the cat looking ass is.

Her voice doesn't match her person and I can't stand it.

Let's just say there's more to Teddie.

sonic, I fucking hate his new characterization and VA tho.

Uh, user:
Unlike Persona, DR has dual audio. Just switch to JP audio and you no longer have to hear shitty Monokuma. Besides, since Nobuyo Ueyama is suffering from dementia, SDR2 is the last full game to feature her as Monokuma (UDG has some recycled clips).

Also, there's DR and SDR2 for PC now so it's even easier to mod. (the Zetsubou Super Duper Script Editor was modded to support the PC games).
If you still want the Vita versions you can buy them used and mod them with HENkaku.

Best girl comin' through.

How big is her dick Holla Forums?

That's a girl user, she doesn't have a dick. She just has a rather girthy 7" inch clit and likes to stick it in your ass for some reason.

Juri's English VA is fucking amazing and honestly couldn't picture her sounding any other way. Though I don't exactly despise her Japanese VA, I just don't like it.

You asked for it

I have a friend who prefers Alex's japanese voice. I don't know why he's my friend.

that's almost as bad as lightnings ass holy crap