Shoot leg

I remember the guys in MGS2 and 3 do similar things. Like how you can shoot their radio to disable it. Not sure about 4 though because I've only played it 1.5 times.

If I'm remembering correctly a Tranq Dart to the crotch in MGS 3 put them to sleep like a headshot would

Would it put them to sleep or knock them out? I know you can go in first person and punch them in the dick, which is really useful after holding them up.
Either way, Metal Gear games are so fucking good for little details like that, that in other games would be considered Easter eggs.

I played Crysis the other day. It was pretty good.
The AI was not spectacular but I noticed a few things:
Did I imagine those things or do they really happen?
Why did we have like 0 improvements in AI in the last ten years or something?
Good AI would revive the FPS genre

Because the customersnot you are content with the contrived and mediocre
Why put in the extra effort and time

RE4 had stuff like this as well though not nearly as autistic in detail. really hate it when there's no feedback in shooters because why else would I play this shit? even Space Invaders has more satisfying hits that modern crap.

guys remember MAFIA

shooting out individual tires and making the gas tank leak and everything?

(checked)
You'd think that at this point devs would start focusing a bit more on neat/complex AI instead of graphics and shit.

What does that image have to do with the thread?

with the turnover rate they have I'm surprised they can even get the games to work.

If CBS owns jeopardy, then why do I have to watch my NBC station to watch jeopardy?

Hell, it's not even amazing AI, it's getting the AI to use the environment properly
Like how FEAR did it, the AI appeared to be amazing because it actually used the environment around it

what Mafia? That one game where

bullet casings make an individual sound on each type of material they touch

that one?

Even the original Far Cry did this.
The main problem with modern games is that they take place in an environment where AI doesn't get any time to shine and as a result its usually rudimentary.

So decadent.

Corporate Deals.

Just like Walt Disney documentary on a Time Warner owned subsidiary.

video games

Free Radical Design really knew what they were doing.

Alex Jones pls go.

If anything it feels like they've gone backwards for most games.

Because they have, the most apparent is how unresponsive they are to getting shot outside the odd twitch and thanks to rag dolls instead of having an animated death scene they just drop and stare into nothingness while in an old game like Golden Eye they react when they get shot like you see in Hollywood and then they die in a myriad of preanimated ways that gives them more life then anything you'd see out right now.