What do the cool kids use for connecting the DS4 to PC? I see there are several options, such as inputmapper...

What do the cool kids use for connecting the DS4 to PC? I see there are several options, such as inputmapper, ds4windows, etc. Which one is recommended?

Neither, you stupid fuck, Windows works with the Dualshock 4 out of the box as a generic gamepad

You're thinking of the DS3

If a game requires an Xbox 360 controller, then just use the Xbox 360 controller emulator

/thread

Not with bluetooth, it doesn't.

micro-USB cables only cost 5 dollars at most m8

DS4windows, inputmapper has ads from what I recall and SCPtoolkit is cancer.

SCPServer is all you'll ever need.

SCP server is for the cool kids.
DS4windows can emulate a mouse with a touchpad but that's about it. I don't like it since it's unreliable and often counts one button press as two.

DS4Windows

Hide DS4 option is what you should check then, only problem is that it will fuck pretty hard with PC games that have native support for DS4.

These.

I would not trust a Bluetooth radio to handle my button presses at max speed and reliability tbh

My wireless 360 controller doesn't have any input delay.

Will it allow me to make custom button/axis bindings and shit?

tfw when still using a DS2

you should work at capcom

eitherway

ganoo+loonix just werks with a ds4. as long you're not using an oudated kernel like past 3.xx, otherwise smooth sailing, if you want to map keyboard inputs to your controller, use something like antimicro

on windows, i keep forgetting which one it is, dinput or xinput, whatever it is, is related to the xbox variants of controllers, which doesn't detect the ds4, then you need to install ds4windows, however the downside is double inputs on games that do support the ds4 naturally, which you need to turn on a feature to stop that, so it's ok in the end.

I have absolutely no idea why this thread has any other suggestion but DS4Windows.
DS4Windows is literally the de facto definitive program for what you need, it makes your PC read your PS4 controller exactly like a 360 controller, it becomes 100% compatibile with any game, ever.

enjoy getting your controller jammed by my hax

DS4Windows will cause lockups.
The fork of the SCP shit done by the brony is the best right now by a longshot.

Not exactly true.

I use Ds4windows, works alright. I'll have to try the others anons mentioned in the thread.

Simplistic, has all the features needed, works alright.
Same as ds4w, but with ads and doesn't work.
Too much of a pain in the ass to set up.

what

I got a cheapo usb double slot thing for ps2.
EZPZ

I'm sitting less than two feet away from my monitor. I don't need to use fucking Bluetooth.

I use the 3 year-old DS4tool. I think it's the predecessor to Inputmapper. I fucking hate Input mapper, it has a huge footprint, fucking ads, and less functionality than DS4tool.

I haven't touched the configuration/options in years. I just load it, hit the power button on the DS4 and it bluetooth syncs to my PC then gets recognized as an Xbox360 controller. I've never had a problem with any game.

Explain pls

Certain programs/games don't care about what "Input device" you have connected to your computer and simply accept that you've got devices with USB ID0, ID1, ID2, etc. connected to your computer with DXinput buttons 1-32. These 'certain programs' are typically limited to emulators, simulators, and homebrew games.

If you're interested in playing "indie"/AA/AAA games like 95% of most people, you're going to need a means of tricking your PC into thinking that your DS4 is actually a Xbox360 controller.

Haha! Try harder faggot

Developers of games that require an Xbawks360 controller deserve to be kicked in the gonads so hard that they'll ejaculate through the nose. There is no excuse for such absolute incompetence!

Quick, this or a Wii U Pro controller?

For my DS4 input delay over BT is 1-2 ms vs. 5 ms over USB.

Enjoy your input lag.

This person is a retard.
The DS4 works natively in windows, yes, but only as a Dinput device that doesn't use half the capabilities of the DS4.
To use it properly as a Xinput(what most games use nowadays) and with all it's functions, such as touchscreen, backlight motion sensor, etc. You need DS4Windows, simple to use and gives you loads of options.
It's what I use.

Hori FPS Plus

Also this, I don't know where this USB has less input lag meme started, but it sure didn't start from people that actually use and tested both options.
With a good bluetooth dongle you get almost no input lag, about the same you get from from cables on consoles.

For PC I'd say the DS4 is the best option because of the touchscreen for mouse control and how many things you can configure it to do with DS4Windows and such. (There's also a headset jack on the controler, but its unusable on PC at the moment)

Gaming on a wireless keyboard/mouse vs a wired keyboard/mouse. That's where it comes from.

I guess this is the good place to ask.
What should I get an XBOX360 controller or a PS3 controller? I had chinese controllers before but I want to upgrade.

Works for every game with controller support and they last years.

Just be sure to fold up the cord like in the picture as opposed to wrapping it around the controller.
Don't end up like me where my brother did that and I had to buy a whole new controller because the wiring got fucked.
To be honest though, I got an Xbox One controller afterwards.

can't it be played wireless too?

The are separate wired and wireless variants.

DS4 BT connection has less delay than DS4 USB connection.

The Xbox 360 wireless variant requires a wireless dongle that you can get off Amazon real cheap
The Xbox One controller just needs a micro-usb cable to plug into your PC.

There is also a Xbone dongle for PC.
I think it uses some sort of WiFi, right?

As far as I know, all you need to do is plug the dongle in and turn on your controller and you should be good to go.
Honestly though, unless you have like a couch set-up for your computer it's more budget-friendly to get a cheap micro-usb cable and hook it up like that.

The problem I had with the SCP Server was when I wanted to switch to my SNES USB controller the computer no longer recognizes it.

I haven't used a wired controller since 2008, fam. I'm not going to start in 2016.

X1 S controllers (the white ones) also work using bluetooth so if you have a BT WLAN card it's cheaper than X1 controller + dongle

And the 3.5mm jack in late X1/X1S controllers also work wirelessly.

The Linux kernel

Linux. Native support.