The first good Walking Dead style game comes out with actual puzzles and choices that semi matter

I already own the original games. I don't need a inferior current year product.

Couldn't you say that about every game made after 2007?

What should I call them? They aren't really point and clicks.

Kek

There are still new games that come out that are both good and aren't a remake/sequel/prequel such as Dragon's Dogma or Demon Souls for instance.

We did talk about last year, was pretty underwhelming, especially the CURRENT YEAR writing and just like Tattletale, some choices are just cosmetic and sometimes you don't have any.

The difference is that some choices are good and since it actually has puzzles I can forgive most choices just being little dialog extras.

Also how is the writing bad? It's childish and cartoony but I don't see an issue with that.
No SJW influence.

Didn't the devs steal money from someone?

The walking dead is a visual novel that nobody would have ever given a fuck about had it not being for being a recognizable IP, and it is mostly played and hailed as a masterpiece by noobs who never liked propper point and click adventure games, while on the other hand, fans of the genere who recognize the IP see this as a bastardization of the original and with good reason as it was evidently dumbed down for le current year casuals

Se there you have it, Telltale fans wont buy it cus there's no hype train nor band waggon large enough for them to want to jump on and King's Quest fans consider this as the Other M or DmC of their beloved series

This game was a chasgrab, as most Telltales games are, but Telltale ain't stupid and they know their shit "gameplay" wont sell with out being attached to a very recognizable IP
As for Sierra fans, to them thios is like unburrien the rottin corpse of their dead grampa and propping him up as a puppet to make him dance like a monkey to the tune of a music box

it was destined to fail from the star and i'm glad it did, it would have killed me to see other beloved adventure franchizes go down the Telltales path

TellTale

top wew

Yes. I believe it was a Homestuck game they were paid to make. They spent the money on making this game instead.

I know you steroid shrunk testicle sized brain can only solve the "use gun on man" type of puzzle in point and click games but some of us actually liked to have our minds chalenged

But it has puzzles

new Sam & Max never ever

Yuck. Also, anyone got a torrent for Quest for Infamy? Can't seem to find jack shit.

You can die user.

But user, weren't point & click adventures, both the Lucasarts/Sierra-style "rub inventory objects together until something happens" and the Cyan/Presto-style "solve a Rubik's Cube to open a door" ones, with a handful of exceptions, completely nonsensical in terms of puzzle design? On top of that, weren't they so absurdly linear they were rarely more game-like than VNs? I enjoyed them, sure, same as I enjoy VNs, but they weren't ever really all that cerebral.

Now the kind of adventure game I really miss? Graphical adventures with text parsers. On the one hand, the more flexible text interface tended to produce more creative puzzles, while on the other hand, the graphical assets kept the worse artsy-fartsy-ness that often manifests among the IF community at bay.

Based devs?