ITT: Characters/franchises who deserved better

ITT: Characters/franchises who deserved better.

Garr0t

How so?

That hurt more than I thought it would.

Shit game fam

Deadly shadows isn't too bad.

In spite of it's numerous bad sequels, Deus Ex still had Human Revolution, which puts it lightyears ahead of Duke Nukem and Ayy Lamo.

Destroy All Humans hasn't had a single good game in the modern era, and after THQ shit the bed, Nordic Games bought the license just to cram it in a box somewhere and forget about it.

Duke Nukem had a super-hyped game trapped in development hell for over a decade, only to get cancelled because the final product was garbage. Then, those soul-sucking leeches at Gearbox looted the corpse and put out an extremely shitty modern FPS game painted to look like Duke and rushed it out in the hope of scamming a few bucks off the depressed and demoralized fanbase.

He will NEVER EVER win.

I'm not even sure silent hills would have been a positive development.

Why would you want that faggot to win though ?

DNF was a fine game.
I enjoyed it immensely.

How does it feel to be miserable?

how does it feel to enjoy shit

How does it feel to have shit in eyes so everything is shit?

Go away Randy.

20 years of buildup.

I played it, too slow, too many quicktime events. I couldn't stand it.

He deserved everything coming for him

at least it ended on a good note, he got with his waifu who really wants his dick

I can think of a few:

Golden sun: It deserved to end in the gba or something on a different setting under the same name / mechanics etc

Mechwarrior: They promised mw5, we got online freemium garbage

Dragon age: Origins was promising, at least. New setting, creative enough, but it suffered horrible writting through 2 and inquisition I havent seen anywhere else

Dow: They just had to make high res dow 1, instead we got a moba. How many more nostalgia reboot failures do they need until they realise making an older game completely different isnt profitable? Didnt nudoom teach them, or did they sell just enough 60 dollar copies to make it worth it

Duke is owned by randy cuckford what hell is this

A true alpha male.

What a good game.

is dow 3 a reboot? anyways, you should realize by now just how insignificant we are. on steam, alone there are over 1 million owners, so whats there to learn?

FEAR
Saints Row
Borderlands

Both character and franchise

I fucking hate Crytek so much.

Halo was never good

1, 2, ODST and Reach are pretty solid.

Will forever be pissed about that.

This thread in general hurts, guess I'll post Bloody Roar

I hope you get aids if you liked how they "rebooted" this franchise.

She goes from a bad ass. melon slinging, gymnastic globe trotting, tomb raider to a whiny crybaby, c-cup with neutered puzzles and cover-nodes placed in an open worldish island with collectibles and tombs less complicated than a skyrim dungeon.

God damn it.

Are you forgetting about something?

At least Rewind isn't dead.

Oh okay

pour one out for these dead franchises

rest in peace Spyro, you made my childhood

go fuck yourself
Duke nukem was the borderlands of its time

I still haven't played MP3 but watching gameplay of it and seeing all these cutscenes is just offputting as hell.

user you're going to have to explain yourself because that is some of the dumbest shit i've heard today

This, tbh fam.

it's not as bad as it seems, at least continues Max character development

Shall I continue?

These three.

Pic related.

Don't worry, they will, it's not like libtards or lefties in general are straight.

It's like Max Payne 2 never happened, way to continue his character development. They didn't even mention Mona once.

it didn't have to end like this, not like this.

"It's still Dead Rising," "It's gotta be stupid. We have to make sure the things we do in the game are still stupid."

smh tbh fam

this entire fucking cast

so VC2 isn't a complete bomb, but it certainly wasn't as popular as 1 especially in the west
so now VC is effectively dead in the west

VC could have been so much more

The Tenchu series without a doubt. The series shat the bed since Wrath of Heaven and has had chronic diarrhea ever since.

My nigga.

Wow, I did not realize there were 9 of those fucking games.
And I wish I had known/realized the rights were sold off after the 2nd one so I could have saved myself the wasted money on the 3rd.

this is a series i've wanted to try for awhile now, which ones are the 'good" ones

ouch

It was honestly not good.

Like Bioshock, it had already been shit from day one.

1 and 2. They only become less interesting and playable over time.

play the first one if you can handle late 90s 3d graphics.
if you can't then you missed the boat I'm afraid.

Duke is too problematic now anyway.

He deserves better than Drake, Kratos and Joel combined

spore

xenosaga, since they didn't get to finish the first game and split it into two episodes, then the third episodes was episodes 2 and 3 combined
and they didn't get to make episodes 4 5 or 6

paper mario after SPM

jak and daxter, after the first game

WoW, even vanilla and tbc, but for those not as much

minecraft; it could've been 3D dwarf fortress adventure mode with multiplayer

HoMM after 4, maybe 5

sonic

I feel you brother, Bloody Roar will always have a special place in my heart

I really miss it, especially level editor in the second game, that was fun as fuck and I played the game for many months.

Get the first two games and then stick with Shinobido, the series from the same original devs.

You know what is really interesting, Forever was written by a woman.

Really? It kinda shows considering the plot is more than just "shoot them aliens to receive babes"

eh, monolith had their chance, they had several chances even.
they proved themselves incapable of managing resources or finishing a game to save their lives.
I'm cry every time.

I was recently thinking about the franchise, and they had something beautiful in developement when they went from 1st gen to 2nd gen, the whole revisiting Kanto but later deal was super neat, why did they then take a step backwards after that?
I'm sad.

FUCK

Being smug because I had fun, while you didn't..
While having superior taste.

Didn't the studio make Xenogears which was great and finished? Or am I thinking of a different studio or franchise?

Fuck

Meant to reply to

I thought the whole series was pretty good bar the PSP one and the 7th generation ones. Gameplay wise at least.

It's hurts to live.

God fucking damn it.

Xenogears was great but was not finished.
Disc 1 was one of the best rpgs ever, disc 2 is text dumps over static images because they ran out of money and needed to skip to the final dungeon.
Even half finished it's still pretty good though.

Same core team, but they made their own studio to make xenosaga. They probably blamed square for not being able to finish xenogears… and then did the same exact thing on their own.

Prepare yourself.

Need some sleep user?

yeah that whole mission just hot shot trevor way too hard. they tried to push him by jobbing out primary characters from the previous games but it just made him look like devs princess

Please exlpain

And now RWS is permanently atoning for that by making content for Postal 2 and Postal Redux.

That was R* way of saying, "fuck you GTAIV fans, look how little we care about what you like as we symbolically kill the best part about our last game and its mature tone with our meme character"

Postal 2 redux when?

Its still pretty ballsy for a game developer to admit they fucked up. Or ballsy for anyone to admit they fucked up.

Yeah, even going as far as taking the game off their site and constantly telling people not to buy it.

RWS truly is based, or at least very honest.

Is path of the furon worth playing?

2's the last good one.

Maybe you should fellate a shotgun fam.

Correction: The final product WAS what had been worked on before Gearbox got the IP. There are trailers with visuals similar to the final release out before it was given up.
At least from what I remember. Haven't researched the subject in about a year.

I hate to say it, but even Manic Mendez had the trailer from 2001… I think… in his review. He then asked where that DNF was. It does look a lot more fun, with two more enemy factions and wacky NPCs.