Why don't game devs know anything about how guns function? You'd think being paid to research, model...

Why don't game devs know anything about how guns function? You'd think being paid to research, model, and animate guns would give them a clue to how they operate, but nope, we get the same illogical shit almost every time.

Ubisoft is very guilty of this. Instead of using the bolt release on some AR/HK platforms in their game they animate it so the charging rod is pulled back, which is unnecessary and just elongates the reload time. Or when empty reloading pistols, the character pulls the slide back to chamber the new round instead of hitting the slide release.

Or even look at GTAV, their Desert Eagle model is atrocious, with oversized cocking serrations, shitty chunky sights, and they made the slide release into a safety switch.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-videogames-guns-idUSBRE9460U720130507
gfycat.com/FragrantHardCrow
8ch.net/k/res/285385.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks’_law
wolfire.com/receiver
steamcommunity.com/app/369200/discussions/0/364042063113603145/?ctp=7
youtube.com/watch?v=E88UaZHE-t8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't know, I'm not a gun autist

I'm already preemptively triggered by the future ITT

same, honestly

because they don't want fbi/nsa to be breathing down there neck for realistic designs. they think it would allow kids to be able to operate said weapons purely by playing games.

Then how come games like Call of Duty generally have very accurate models and animations?

Guns ahot clips not cartridges ok.

Is this internet firearms database? I love that website, I enjoyed their pages on Metal Gear Solid games.

Yeah, their Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 pages are hilarious. FC3 is funnier though so read that one first. All the photo captions are good too.

Far Cry 3/4 did OK on gun accuracy, but something specific is pulling back the slide on the Desert Eagle to release the slide, which is impossible, and doing a mag slap on the M1A.

There is NO REASON to ever do a mag slap. It's completely unnecessary. The HK slap is fine though because that actually works in real life.

Ubi is really bad with guns most of the time, rockstar is just awful with them, and Killing Floor 2 is hit or miss even though the devs kept saying how big gun nuts they were.

Look up their FC2 page, its the best one I've seen.

Because guns are copyright and they paid the licensing fees

Their ArmA pages are nothing but praise.

Most devs don't actually like guns and just use them for gameplay mechanics / story telling.
This is why we repeatedly see major publishers say they hate guns while they profit from "wargame 12".

reuters.com/article/us-videogames-guns-idUSBRE9460U720130507

That's not right you dingu, the military will breathe down on you and wiggle their copyright over you if you give them a bad rap in the vidya which is why guns are always slightly different. However the reason they don't operate realistically is because it's not really that fun to miss the vast majority of your shots, and run out of ammo in a very short time frame, or have it jam constantly.

I don't have the webm, and I'm not linking to that shite (so have a classic Sega ad instead), but basically the same type of people reviewing the game are the same type of art school major faggots that end up leading design teams where form is preferred over function - but since they don't have the slightest clue how actual guns work, they completely fuck up the form as well - and will veto any designs that are too realistic. Because that could be problematic.

EA themselves are pro gun control and have openly admitted to dodging licensing fees just so the gun companies dont make money.

why come game not work like real life

Far Cry has the best imfdb pages

The names are, but you can model them and animate them correctly. If you want to name the rifle the M160 or something, you can still not make the gun operate like a retard.

I get the feeling /k/ runs most of imfdb

They should still do their fucking job correctly.

I will forgive leaving out jamming because it's not fun, but most guns are pretty accurate up to 200-300m. Again, the animations and models should still be accurate.

I only mind if the game is trying to be realistic. Obviously I don't care in games like Borderlands because it's totally unrealistic in every aspect and they're future space guns. But when a game like Battlefield rolls around and people are saying MOST REALISTIC EVER and then pulls this shit, it's dumb.

Heres part of one of them

The should but that doesn't mean they will.

stupid animations are not game mechanics. They are purely visual

This video always makes me laugh (too big to attach)

gfycat.com/FragrantHardCrow

shit tru

kek

do you need VR to play these games?

8ch.net/k/res/285385.html
>>>/k/285385
/k/ video game thread

You got me. I can't tell if you are serious or joking. Name one person the "fbi/nsa" arrested for making video game guns.

Skip to 10:32

Here's a newsflash. Most gamedevs don't have time to research every gun. They're more concerned with things like how high the polygon count on the gun is, how much screenspace it takes up, if the texture is properly aligned. Things that actually matter in the context of a video game.

If anyone here has actually made guns in 3D, and done it in a rush. Like actual game devs have done since they have deadlines on this sort of thing. Absurdly autistic details like "oversized cocking serrations", something less than .5% of people will ever notice is not a priority.

It's easy to criticize long after the game is out when you've poured over images of the gun already and have time to judge it. And I'd much rather a gun in a game function well than look 100% accurate.

Anybody have the gif of the Combat Shotgun from Fo3/NV?

Its called a slide catch, and it catches the slide, it does not release it.
To release a slide, you should grab the top of the slide, pull it back as possible, and release.
Do you even into firearms?

Ubisoft actually did really well with guns in the new Rainbow six. The animations consider the round in the chamber, for pump action shotguns too. Caught me by surprise when I first saw it, before that I only saw it being done in MGSV.
Not a shill, don't buy the game. At least not at its current price.

Too be fair, Rockstar probably intentionally made it differ from a real-life Deagle. Much like how they intentionally make their cars differ from their real-life counterparts. Its a "no celebrities harmed" model in other words

So they can research reference pictures so they get the model right but they can't watch a 2 minute youtube video of how to operate it?

We can agree on that.

Great game and the dev listens to suggestions and is constantly working to add more realistic weapons / features. My mate has a Vive and I spent ~2 hours fucking around in it.

Yeah, IIRC it's Vive only.

See, I would agree with you, but you'll be looking at guns for 100% of the playtime in those kinds of games.
Nobody expects devs to get it 100% right, but they can try and make it believeable. For instance, STALKER isn't spot on with everything but /k/ loves the game anyway.

Its rike he doesn't even know da fiiiiiiine motor skirr reroad

IIRC very few games use "Desert Eagle". You probably have to pay out the ass for licensing. Far Cry 2 just has the slide say "Deagle .50" with "Deagle Research Industries" below that.

You are baiting right now, right?

What do you expect? Its a weapon made by Jews

Fucking hell, I've seen less retarded behavior in infomercials.

I love that silly gook.

Yeah, you're pretty much right, there's an element of disconnect if you've never really held a gun before, especially when you need to crank out however many models a week.

Given the quality of games these days I actually suspect they have rather a lot of spare time on their hands.

this kills the /k/

ugh!

anyone got webm of the bolt action rifle from Fallout 4?

To his credit he actually gets "assault rifle" right but he confused it with "assault weapon".

Lol, they just copy what they see on the last cawddod

Suddenly I'm reminded of that turd in Blood Dragon which was supposed to be a burst fire pistol. Couldn't even head shot a soldier with it. Took like 2-3 head shots even on the easiest difficulty.
Also the 308. sniper rifle in FC3 that shoots a shirtless pirate in the chest and they just walk it off.

i fucking love this guy. someone post that 1911 one where he says, in that adorable accent, "rack rack rack, gas-it-up"

I love how he goes in and out of sounding perfectly normal to outright incomprehensible

this might be my favourite webm ever. "one hun-dwed yawd. no praw-bem."

It is a mechanic though. There are reload times. It's why you usually go for the AK47 instead of the M249 in CSS.

You think a bunch of liberal faggot game designers would want to learn anything about guns these days?

You have fucking Life is Strange where the dumb cunt is not following trigger discipline or muzzle control cause "hurr durr I r feminist only I should handle guns cause I r safest." Then when the fucking dumb bitch decides to fire it at an old car's bumper and have it ricochet back into her they blame the gun for their fucking stupidity when by law, you would be charged (in Canada at least) for mishandling a gun.

Worst fucking part? The fucking faggot developers think they're doing the right thing of saying "DURR GUNS ARE BAD" when that situation was 100% fucking avoidable if they actual knew something about gun safety and gun laws. But you know, can't blame women cause of "muh feminism" and "guns are bad."

Are you sure the developers weren't trying to make her a hypocrite? I only played the first episode so I never saw the full context but I did see that clip where she says something about believing in gun control but only for others. I know she's supposed to be one of the good guys, but she can still be a flawed character.

Just because the animation does it right doesn't mean it has to take longer or shave off seconds.

Gave us this gem though. Also pretty sure she'd be charged with brandishing long before she managed to even slip with her finger on the trigger.

Also to adlib from Clarkson "People who aren't interested in cars should not drive. It's like asking someone who doesn't like cooking to make dinner." Same goes for game development It might be why they push walking sims over things with guns because god forbid they try and learn about them beyond they're solely made to kill chillens

doing their job ≠ making sure the ironsights on a gun are exactly 1.5 millimeters thick.

The devs are usually the people who are the victims in this sort of thing. It's usually not the people actually making the games that are responsible for it's quality. But rather the people at the top that pay more attention to shit like focus groups and trends.

Game design is actually a shitty job all around. You tend to get paid pretty low when you're starting out, you have 12 hour shifts and sometimes more if it's crunch time. There's very little actual job security. And some devs are a nightmare to work for.

Like I've read stories that EA intentionally hires newbie programmers and artists, pays them very little and fires most of them after the project is done but before they have to do things like pay benefits.

This is liberalism and SJWs you are talking about. There is no way they would put a female character as a "flawed" character.

Especially when she is suppose to be a "good guy".

The Unabomber wrote a manifesto relating to this. He theorized that leftists were self-loathing people who enjoyed receiving abuse. If they couldn't find abuse, then they make up new issues. Read it here:

cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

If you think about it, it makes sense. Receiving abuse is a form of high status to them. Notice how many hitpieces they wrote about web harassment and the anti-Ghostbuster(2016) clique. They constantly go into a odd lengthy verbose rant about the people they loathe. The Wachowskiis (creators of sjw Sens8), before being trannies, also frequently attended an BDSM club.

Does galil liscensing cost that much too?

If its Israeli in any manner, you better believe it.

but battlefield doesn't even try to be realistic or realistically depict anything

were you born retarded or did you get higher education?

You are even more wrong than he is, you fuckmongering krautwhore autist.
Gun shit ain't owned by the military. It's owned by the company what produces those guns. If folk don't pay them, they don't get to use the copyrighted names.

Military ain't got shit to do with it, you oversized dingus.

Do you want fun?

Or do you want every game to be as dry as ARMA?

nigger did you even read the OP?

Heaven forbid a thing be properly modeled or animated.
That'ld ruin all the fun.

Well, okay, more reason to avoid AAA like the plague I guess.

Not to mention a full back ricochet is a one-in-a-million odd thing, and even if it does bounce back, it ain't like it's going to carry that much force. You can get hurt by it, but it isn't going to kill you. It isn't even likely to leave a scar.

Bullshit, nearly every weapon in modern fps vidya takes a fuckton of space

I don't like cooking, but I cook all the time.
I wouldn't know how to build a car if it was in pieces, but I can operate one just as well as anyone.
I'm not sure that's a good analogy, is what I'm saying.

>Game can't have decent gun animations that aren't retarded and not be ARMA
I want autists to go.

Cuz they be liberals who don't give a shit.

Only slavs and milsim give a shit about firearms.

Eh, to be fair, cawaduty guys like their gun animations.

Absolutely atrocious guns post Black Ops 1 though.

These niggers should never get into fictional guns.

True enough. Though, credit where credit is due, it looks more interesting now than it ever did before.
Though, that isn't saying all that much.
Still, funny to see my old prediction come true. Halo has gone to COD, COD's gone to Halo.

I actually dislike the sci-fi look now and would prefer it go back to Cold War.

BO1 is still the best since it's the bridge between WW1 and modern Desert Storm-y.

Though what is with the japs and guns?

MGSV has some of the most feasible fictional guns ever, being just basically differently textured real world firearms.

Fair enough. Plus, cold war stuff is cool, and we need more Vietnam games.
Although, I absolutely hated the AK in that game. Normally my favorite gun, but for some reason, it felt horridly off there.

Don't care much for AK when I got the RPK.

It tears shit apart.

Guys, I think I'm a leftist. Nothing left to do now but kill myself.

after you suicided, people could say after you became a leftist you left life

All of the gun nuts left the company before the game released into early access. So did all of the competent devs

Most all of the AK style stuff was just weird. I think it was how thin it seemed. Just didn't look right to me.

Best part of that game, though, was definitely the decal emblem system. I am rather sad nobody tried to copy it.

I thought that song was called Fortunate Son.

The only thing BO1 needs is the system of BO2 and BO3 where you can choose your loadout pre-mission.

but indeed i really fucking hate being forced to use weapons i don't like in military shooterus

I never cared that much on account of never getting so far in the multiplayer that I had more than a few guns unlocked anyway.
Incidentally, they had a lot of guns what didn't exist yet in that game.

That should be feature of every mission-based shooter that limit the guns you can carry.

Also, a friend of mine got me to play Black Ops with him when I went over to his house, because we could somehow play together online somehow, and that was fun times. We did that for like a whole summer.
Anyway, if you're talking about the AK74u, that was my goto gun in most situations. If the regular AK, I couldn't find a reason to use it over the Commando, or the FN FAL if I was feeling cheeky.
He tried to get me into Black Ops 2 later and one of the Modern Warfare ones, but I just didn't like it for some reason. I think Black Ops 1 is the only one I've played that I've enjoyed, despite them being pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

another thing that triggers me
even in real life i wanted to shoot myself when i had to use one

Clearly I need to put more points into memefaggotry. I don't see a joke there at all.

FAL was the absolute best. Muh NATO, muh short shorts

Why the hate of M4/M16?

Too boring?

Delicious.

yes, too boring. and the sound effects are always garbage tier for some reason. Might as well start with slavshit that everyone loves

AK always has higher damage (even in reality due to 7.62x39 vs 5.56) so people will always prefer AK.

Joke's on you, nigger. I'm two niggers.

I feel like the AK loses more accuracy over range than other rifles, but I'm basing that pretty much entirely on video game logic.

It is made to less standards than the M-series rifles, yeah. They are a slight bit less accurate.
Still better though, you ask me.

games portray it in a comical way but yes the AK is known for poor accuracy.

AK is reasonably accurate, as long as it's not a very old rusty AK.

Just like AR is reasonably reliable, as long as you clean it.

To be fair, the AR is going to be inherently more accurate than the AK.
But, it's fairly small, and games over exaggerate it.

What you need is a fresh perspective. Like a FPS developed by devs specialized in car racing. Imagine the level of chrome and fetishization.

What's his name and/or jewtube channel?

he is adorable

I like to gauge what range I'm most often going to encounter enemies based on the situation (map or objective or whatever) and choose a weapon based on that.
To that end, I'll take an AK if I know I'm going to be moving around a lot and engaging things at medium range, since they tend to do more damage per shot, and I'm going to miss a good amount of shots anyway. If I'm going to be more stationary and need to hit farther targets, I'll take whatever version of M is available.
Really depends on the game though. There's a lot of variables, a lot of ins and outs.

Yeah, they don't, they're forced to meet the unrealistic time demands of publishers which is why most games suck. They don't have time to make a good game, let alone make a game with realistic guns.

Firepower United

The channel is Firepower United, the name is Phuc Long

Firepower United.
HAI MAH NAME A PHUC LONG

You are the cancer that intends to kill any progress COD has made in the past 3 years, gameplay features > visual style

Thanks!

I dislike all the stupid shit like bow and arrow in CoD yes.

Are gun autists the worst kind of people to discuss video games with?

Don't they realize nobody gives a shit if the gun works like IRL or not?

Are lore autists the worst kind of people to discuss video games with?
Don't they realize nobody gives a shit if the lore fits like in other games or not?

ouch, touche

at least military shooterus don't have a blue or shitpiss filter anymore
if a game has a shit filter it's a shit game

Are video game autists the worst kind of people to discuss video games with?

Don't they realize nobody gives a shit if the video games are good or not?

It is pretty fucking simple, m8. In most cases you don't need to even know how guns work to tell that the design is fucking retarded.

Should've gone with gameplay, mate.

Are mechanics autists the worst kind of people to discuss video games with?
Don't they realize nobody gives a shit if the game works or not?

I don't really like bows but I like the fact that it adds more weapon variety. If you're going to go realistic then you just go full on ARMA which obviously wouldn't be best for COD, otherwise you should do what is best for the gameplay.

And brown filters are better? From what I played of the free weekend of BLOPS3 it is pretty colorful and doesn't look like it has a filter. I played AW at my friends house a bit too and saw no major issues with the visuals. The only recent shooter I can think of with a blue filter is BF3.

NUMALES

This. Fuck those nerds who want gameplay instead of stories. If I wanted to play a game I'd go to games workshop.

Are propane enthusiasts the worst people to discuss trees with?

Are telephone enthusiasts the worst people to discuss elephants with?

Are dick enthusiasts the worst people to discuss horseback riding with?

CoD was an arcadey military shooting game, not Doom.

People used to play it to experience Hollywood-ish lesson of history, now it's sci-fi space adventure.

It's fun for some games, but I would prefer CoD going back at being CoD.

Are austrailians the worst kind of people to discuss shitposting with?

Don't they realize nobody gives a shit if there's banter or not?

There's a reason the British sent them all to an island full of deadly animals.

CoD isn't about experiencing a Hollywood-ish lesson of history, it's a popcorn shooter about shooting dudes because shooting dudes is fun. The singleplayer campaigns were a novelty but their gameplay was pretty terrible even compared to the mediocre multiplayer. If CoD was an RPG with a well written story and gameplay that actually suited the setting (Rainbow 6: Siege does "modern shooter" gameplay pretty well) then I'd agree, but the story is shit and the gameplay is shit. They could either overhaul the gameplay to be entirely different like R6, or they could change the setting so they could take the existing formula and improve it by using jetpacks and exosuits as an excuse to make it faster and explain the weirder shit like killstreaks. The last two CoD's are much better suited for their setting than any of the previous games because sci-fi allows them to explain all of their weird unrealistic gameplay quirks.

Setting and gameplay should always be in tandem along with music and art direction. You wouldn't make a fast, super fun action game in a game where the music is scary, story is scary, and art direction is scary because the gameplay would ruin the horror of everything else by being fun and welcoming.

(strewth mate, get a load of those numbers)
Banter only works in context, like on /brit/ threads where that's the only thing to do or a board that uses country flags.

I start CoD with CoD2 and I actually like it that way.

CoD isn't just about shooting dudes with no context, it's about experiencing history for me at least.

And for your last point, RE4 and FEAR exist…

RE4 isn't fast/fun and F.E.A.R isn't scary. RE4 is fairly slow (obviously not as much as the previous games) and managing your health/ammo is a constant concern. You fear running out in a fight and are constantly desperate to find more. This works well with the horror aesthetics and mostly reinforces it, with some exceptions.

F.E.A.R. is great but it isn't scary because it's all about having fun and killing enemies in satisfying ways. If you refuse to use slo-mo, it can be reasonably scary because fights happen so quickly but ultimately it's going to be exhilarating at best.

And for the experiencing history, I find it hard to get immersed in a historical simulation when you can eat bullets and mow down hundreds of enemies in a campaign. Why should everything BUT the gameplay be historically accurate? If the gameplay, the most important part of the game, is not historically accurate then the rest of the game should follow suit. You might like Red Orchestra, especially on a no UI hardcore server. I don't really like "muh realism" games but I appreciate how it is consistently historically accurate and can get pretty intense.

There are almost no game developers who live in maximum fun areas. Tripwire and Hi-Rez live in Georgia, which has a city that made owning a gun mandatory in the 80s, but the latter's not making games with IRL or IRLish guns, and the former's pretty much shit and filled with Atlanta liberals nowadays.

North American devs are either in California or Canada, the latter I'm sure is more restrictive about owning any guns, while California is the Sweden of the United States, in which citizens are encouraged to illegally steal guns for the sake of turning them in, while Streloks are obligated to store their weapons in the most inconvenient ways, ultimately defeating the purpose of home defense so legislators can circlejerk about how you couldn't turn a knob or lock in time to keep your shit from getting stolen or slapped.

Realistically speaking, only a US Southern, Japanese, Central/Eastern European, or a third world game developer would even have the means to acquire the knowhow on depicting guns functioning in a remotely accurate way. Southerners because it's the only place in America that won't turn you into a pariah if you own as much as a handmedown gun from your grandpa, Japan because gun otaku are that autistic, and the other aforementioned because they don't have to deal with political correctness or aggressive anti-gun people within their own community. The ultimate irony of anti-gun people is that their lack of knowledge of firearms means that they're incapable of recognizing when a gun looks like it could actually work in real life versus being a Borderlands Gun or Grandpinger.jpg, so there isn't even a zero sum game with how you model and animate guns in general.

You're far more likely to get assaulted by someone who hates your second amendment rights in any other place in the world, than you are to get shot by accident in an area where gun ownership is practiced, respected, and encouraged, but you'll never get a game antagonist or villain who is strictly defined by his hoplophobia, unless it's an edgelord with a sword fetish.

Ubisoft is a French game developer. French people pride themselves on being the opposite of America in every way and trying to be the real life equivalent of smug anime girls, except it doesn't work when you're neither an anime nor a girl. The Frogs should just stick to producing cheesecake comics and cartoons featuring wide-hipped girls, there's a good reason why terrorism happens a fuckton there.

Just like the Star Citizen team, they don't have time to research how spaceships could actually work.

RE4 has ton of ammo though, you are encouraged to kill because the enemies's dead might give more ammo.

And Call of Duty isn't historically accurate, it's just a Hollywood-y retelling of history, thus you get Hollywood-y gameplay.

But there's a difference between that and modern sci-fi CoD where shit just feels random.

I played COD 1 for the first time a month ago on the hardest difficulty and has a reasonable challenge. Also loved to cool nazi houses and that dam. I don't know about the historical accuracy but I love maps. The guy that makes thorough looks said Postal 2's DLC was garbage but I loved exploring a weird version of each area. I guess that's what made cod fun for me.

Its more complicated than that

In California its still easy as fuck to get a gun, you just have to buy firearms from sellers at Gun Shows which bypass sales regulations.

Other than that, the people who mainly own guns here are either
1.) The idle rich

2.) Mexicans and Niggers who got them illegally

3.) Showmen like Hollywood people or the Mythbusters in San Fagsisco

Basically, its really fucking hard for the average joe to get a gun here, but its not impossible

Fair enough, I really liked the shotgun and always ran out of ammo for it and refused to give a shit about most of the other weapons so I was pretty biased there.

What the fuck does "Hollywood-y retelling of history" mean? I'm guessing that you mean it's exaggerated and oversimplified, in which case I can kinda see why the gameplay reflects that but it lacks one thing that big hollywood movies do have: fun. You don't get to run out into gunfire and blast enemies like a hero on the battlefield, you get to stay behind cover to avoid the hitscan weapons and when you aren't able to do that in scripted sequences you eat random bullets. Hollywood action heroes don't get hit by bullets or at least when they do it's a big deal. Max Payne is closer to those lines since you're encouraged to be a badass and go into the middle of a firefight guns blazing. And what's even closer than that is a game where you can dodge in midair, go super fast, and run on walls. Ring a bell? It's colladoot, at least the last two.

And what do you mean "shit feels random"? They came up with their own setting, is creativity just "random" now? Should we only work in preestablished settings because they make casuals like you uncomfortable since anything you aren't used to feels "random"?

I'd say the older CoD games feel a lot more random than the newer ones. The new ones are internally consistent. Why do you regenerate health and jump right into the battlefield when you die? Technology! I'll take "science magic" over no explanation at all.

thanks, i had taken this off my mind but now you just bring it up and i can't stop rewatching the video

>even the words assault rifle are political
smh

Holy shit, that guy has an annoying voice. He's talking like if he was still shaking hours after he tried that VR game.

Credit where credit is due, I like his "designed to do damage to other physical objects", vs the typical libshit "DESIGNED TO KILL BABIES"

It was supposed to be a game review. Instead it was a couple minutes of some cuckold with a nasily Jew voice talking about how scary guns are to him

The original video was flooded with dislikes and they had to disable ratings, comments, and eventually take the video down altogether, within the span of a couple days

Reminder these are the kind of people Polygon hired to write "Gamers are Dead" articles

This feels wrong somehow, but it is how it is, I guess.

What you want to make? Make it in the Americas, and you can jam in all the guns you want.

iirc it's ben cuckaracha.

Hollywood-y retelling means it's very simple, lot of shootout, lot of explosion.

The new CoD is basically a mish-mash of real world political discourse with some sci-fi setting, and random ass weapons like bow and arrows, and chainsaws, shit just don't feel like the real weapons that older CoD has.

And about the gameplay, CoD is guilty of cover hopping, but then again, so is real life.

Play OFP if you want realism.

That screenshot makes me want to play some GTA but it's almost 0530 and I still haven't been to bed. GTA 5 is probably the coolest game ever made, it's not even my favorite or anything, but just in general, it's the greatest game ever. You can do anything you want to, and it looks fucking fantastic.

Yeah, I remember watching a funny montage alternating between his video and the one with the guy in that webm

They also disabled the ratings and comments on the Doom gameplay video.

But you were just talking about how CoD isn't supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be Hollywood. In Hollywood you only hide behind cover and stay there playing whack a mole if you're an enemy because that shit looks boring.

And the political discourse thing started with COD4, not the scifi stuff. I mean the second chapter of the game is 5 minutes of you sitting in a car as an (Iranian?) president before you get executed as a political statement I still thought it was neat despite being actually worse than a walking simulator. If these games are going to have a plot I'd rather it be political stuff rather than "dude nazis lmao" where missions have nothing connecting them other than "with the war :D"

And of course these new weapons don't feel like the old real weapons, what exactly is wrong with those? What's wrong with something new? I can understand bows and arrows for not making any sense but you can very reasonably explain why chainsaws are a viable weapon because of enhanced slash resistant bullet proof armor/skin where you've got exo-skeletons to massively amplify strength and movement speed thus making melee weapons much more effective provided they can get through armor. Bows make some sense though because of the exo-skeletal strength and they'd be considerably more quiet than guns, unless of course they have explosive arrows.

Greatest game ever? You fucking high?

GTA V has the highest budget and probably the most man hours put into it of any game in history, sure

But its like a pop song. Easy to get into, it doesn't offend anyone, and it gets booring as fuck after the first 20 plays until you put it down again for a week and want to play it again

Its far from the best game ever m8

Vid related has some great reload animations.
This is an indie dev with around 20 people in.

If you loved guns so much, you'd be needlessly inserting them into everything, but you apparently aren't.

I really like futuristic shit. I spend a lot of my autism on how things will probably be in the future based on how they are now, rather than trying to recreate exactly how they are now.
You'd better believe it.

Games are more than the sum of their parts, user. Guns aren't a big deal in every game, but if it's a game I'm meant to take seriously, they should put at least a little effort into making me believe it.

Get the fuck out you basic nigger.
GTA5 is a gutted GTA4.

Hollywood action heroes stay behind cover all the times though. I can prove that by showing you die Die Hard or even Commando (yes seriously, even Arnold took cover in Commando).
Modern Warfare is just trying to imitate the Iraq invasion/Gulf war.
I'd prefer CoD being a history lesson where kids learn what's a Khe Sanh.
Mainly because they either the function the same as older guns and just look shittier, are they are bows/chainsaw shit.

And no, if people invent better armor, they would invent better bullets, bow and arrows and chainsaws are plain over the top and more of 40K deal.

GTA V is far from the best game ever, but people who say this is fucking retarded. The only thing GTA IV has that V doesn't is fucking hotdog stands

vs what? the shitty floaty as fuck boat handling of GTA IV cars?

Far Cry 2 wasn't fun but for different reasons

GTA IV has better gun physics just plain better physics than V.

GTA 4 also had seatbelts. I still have no idea why they removed that as an option.

No other game gets as close to being a simulation of real life. I can do whatever the fuck I want to do in real life and not have to face any consequences. I can beat people to death who cut me off in traffic, and then kill all the cops who show up to arrest me and then call Lester and have the cops stop giving a fuck about me.

GTA IV has unrealistic physics. Corpses don't fly 100 feet and ragdoll all over the place in real life from an explosion

The average person doesn't take 100 hits before falling in real life either fam

GTA V also has seatbelts? I do like how in GTA IV and V it does matter with or not you put them on or not because you can fly through the windsheild. In GTA V its much harder to do that though. GTA IV was overall a lot more floaty and ragdoll-y

Also, topkek when they compared the jumping distance, its plainly obvious V was trying to be more realistic in that regard too

Also love when they compared GTA IV's soft shadows with GTA Vs console shadows. Its obvious he is either running the console version or the PC version with lowered setting because the grass quality is low

God bless your retarded soul.

Nigger, the physics in GTA IV were all over the fucking place. They were unrealistic as fuck, get over it. It was fun watching Niko ragdoll a thousand feet in the air from a car driving into him, but GTA IVs physics are less realistic

I said I like guns. I own one, enjoy shooting it, and think that the second amendment is the third most important element of my country's political makeup. But I'm not /k/, so they're not my primary hobby, nor do I especially want to have sex with them. But I mean, if one offered, depending on which, I probably wouldn't say no.

I'll take railguns or fancy nanomachine bullets but I think making those kind of predictions about the future is way too speculative. Simply ruling the possibility out when we currently don't know a way to make significantly better bullets that are still cheap means that it is possible that someone figures out how to make super good armor well before someone figures out how to make super good bullets. You can apply realism to sci-fi settings to some extent but this is not an area you can feasibly predict.
And you'd rather CoD gives them that history lesson? An over the top simplified Hollywood version? Teaching lies is worse than teaching nothing at all.

There's a couple simple but very important things that I like way more about GTA IV. Enemies have a lot more health, which really shows off the fancy animation/physics system. You can shoot enemies in the limbs and they react appropriately, you can unload an entire magazine on them and they twitch as every bullet enters them. They crawl around on the floor and scream in pain. In GTA V you just shoot a dude in the leg with an assault rifle twice and he's instantly dead. I'm sure the capability for the physics is still there, but because of the miniscule health I don't get to see it.

There's also the controversial driving physics which aren't actually realistic but they make driving a lot more fun and challenging.

On top of all that GTA V's nofun cops and boring pedestrians make it worse than GTA IV despite having so many more features and more variety to its world.

If it's possible to put seatbelts on in GTA V, then please tell me how to do so. Because no amount of sitting in your car and waiting will allow it to happen. I've tested it and tested it and tested it, 100s and 100s of hours of in game time, and I'm here to say, there's no seatbelts in GTA V. They're just not there like they were in GTA IV.

Kek. I love it when you're out in the desert, all by yourself, and you fire a suppressed pistol into the air or something, and then somehow or another you end up getting the cops called on you. It's ridiculous.

Yes there are? Nigger you're really fucking stupid.

Did they not include seatbelts in the PS3/Xbox 360 version or some shit because I'm really fucking confused

Fair enough, I think GTA Vs biggest problem is its realism, because it ends up getting fucking boring a lot quicker than GTA IV did

I've played PS3 and PS4 versions and there's no seatbelts. Try it for yourself if you want to. I know I'm not wrong here.

Maybe I will, because I could swear they put on seatbelts. I know its possible to fly through your windsheild like in GTA IV so there has to be, but maybe I'm wrong

I wish you were right, because it drives me insane. But I will wait and wait and wait for that nigger Franklin to put a seatbelt on and nothing has ever happened.

guns are bad and scary :(

I can hear he never went to a range

So he never would hold a drill or maybe a knife to cut meat or greens?
I'm not even a gunnut, but this shit pissing me off to the bone.

I agree that the game not having seatbelts is gay but user I think you might have severe autism if you really care enough to do such a thing.

Absolutely.

are you actually retarded?
better game physics don't equal to realism, you are the cancer killing vidya and this board.
you should remove yourself from here unless you somehow feel pleasure in humiliating yourself on the internet

The point was making her a hypocrite yes. The game has so many issues and I have no idea why people stick to this thing.

Its very fun, especially in games like FC2 or Stalker

It forces you to react fast and think fast

Im genuinely optimistic about this game

Wow resident evil needs to be hunted down and burned in a game burning! I can't believe they call em Clips! i CCan't believe you can reload an entire shotgun tube in one animation! totally unrealistic2! I mean, why is there ammo all over the house anyway? there should be like two rooms in the entire game that have ammo, you should have to knife for 90% of teh game it's more real.

also why can jill carry more than chris, and christ take more hits? this is sexist against everybody this game is oppressive! burn the heretical game for /k/ +plus+ equality warriors!

If they were realistic, you'd be dead for 5 minutes after every shot.

At least thats how it was when I fired an ak on semi auto with full hearing protection. Just one round completely disabled my hearing for 5 minutes.

a-anyone?

The typo makes this post 7/10

I do.

dont forget the small keys

Half Life 2 is hysterical in that not a single one of the real-life weapons (except I suppose the crowbar) works.

The pistol is supposedly a 9mm but the slide never moves and it never ejects cartridges (caseless ammunition?)
The SMG has an invisible grenade launcher (there's no way for the weapon to shoot grenades)
The shotgun designers seemed to think the magazine tube was a second barrel, hence why right-clicking is said to 'fire both barrels' although that's totally impossible
The revolver is just completely impossible- the cylinder straight up isn't connected to anything
Even the crossbow doesn't make sense- how does a single 12-volt battery instantly make a chunk of rebar red-hot?

Guns not being necessarily important in a game does not yield 'games are more than the sum of its parts', as you can clearly set the value of a game v = a1x1+a2x2+…anxn that is to say a linear operation with the coefficient of gun value ag=0. Notice even in this case the value of the game is still a linear sum of its parts.

To prove non-linearity you have to come up with a model for example value ~ ag*xg^2 or log(xg) or something.

Precise arguments aren't a big deal in every discussion, but if it's a discussion I'm meant to take seriously, you should put at least a little effort into making me believe it.

That and a lot of things about certain guns you can learn with a quick google search though.

I now know how to build and maintain an AR 15 based entirely on watch 2 videos and actually doing it.

It's surprisingly very easy to learn about all of the parts in any given gun by just, well, opening it up and replacing something.

The game came out in 2004 where nobody really gave a shit how guns worked in vidya.

That's why.

Yeah there's a reason for that. It's partially to reduce strain on rendering

The amount of developers doesn't actually make a project go faster.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks’_law

In terms of finances it usually determines how many developers they have. And even then the developers are still overworked. Like

"Hey 3D modeller #1403. You have 20 more characters you need to model this week. You also need to model 10 more guns and they need to be designed in such a way that 20 other developers are going to work on them."

It's why gamedev is one of the worst software jobs to go into.

When I learned how to use pistols I was told to always release the slide by pulling it back off of the catch rather than moving the catch itself. The idea is that when you use the catch to release the slide, the slide drags/rubs along the catch and could eventually wear it down.

maybe they should optimise their fucking games and debug their fucking code instead of being massive script kiddies.

I think the most ironic thing is that nearly every dev who makes these shooter games are anti-gun leftycucks. Like how do you deal with that cognitive dissonance?

Absolute doublethink.
They use the "it's not real" excuse yet they complain about "sexualized" women in vidya.

see

Some tiny ass cheap slav studio makes incredible detailed guns, while triple AAA studios spends HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS and they can't put the effort in their game.

fuck you, can't do your job, don't take the money

cucksocking ironic liberals

That argument doesn't help when so many mass shooters played these games. Meanwhile nearly all actual sexual predators do not play video games whatsoever and the most common link among them is that they themselves were sexually abused as children. Talk about victim blaming.

by the same logic dev's for car games should just make shit up because it's "just a gayme"

There is a game which tries to employ proper simulation of gun operation:

wolfire.com/receiver

It's nintendo-hard because of this, yet still pretty fun once you learned the tricks.
12 years old CoD kiddies won't get anywhere though.

because it allows them to control the narrative of how guns work for a vast swath of people.

How come they work as pea-shooters then?

This is what GG should have really done. Just troll and pressure the fuck out of all of them regarding their doublethink and hypocrisy. Sure enough, the whole of the left as well. They're hypocrisy personified.

faggot

being co-opted by leftist redditers and others trying to destroy it from the inside pretty much killed all the trolling that was effective.

It served its purpose and its now the eternal boogeyman for SJWs, R.I.P

pussy

I doubt it.

fuck you

Yes they do, it take 5 minute to learn how a gun works. there are no excuses you scumfuck.

Actually this user brings up a good point. Why the fuck does every game in existence have to start from scratch in this regard? Think about how many times people have reinvented the wheel with these models.

There are third party graphics engines that you can use so why not customizable 3rd party assets that cover a wide functionality, animation, and art style via various parameters (enough so that each variation looks unique).

But instead because of muh IP faggotry the industry has to start from zero on every single project and while spending millions still end up with amateur looking shite.

Literally no other industry works this way, people share and add to the global pool of tools and processes and the culture progresses as a whole, or at the very least you have an inventory of what you have made in the past and improve upon it.

If I were to guess it would probably be because the games industry is full of children and manchildren.

That's a magnificent video

nice

You could say the same thing about anatomy in respect to first person view. Like the position of the camera "eyes" and size of the hands and gun models. In the end it is about what is the most visually appealing without be too "unrealistic" as to become off putting to most people.

If a game company used a common gun sold today, a Glock G19 for example, could Glock force them to remove or change the gun if they didn't agree with how it was used in the game? Say somehow the way the gun is used in the game makes Glock think that it is hurting their brand or grossly misrepresenting the guns performance.

its not a desert eagle, GTA uses its own hybrid guns like its cars and ugly oversized cocking serrations exist on real pistols

There is really no excuse for bad gun models in this day and age, however, when it comes to gun physics not being realistic might be because realistic physics don't fit the playstyle of that particular character/kit or whatever or simply because of balancing reasons(see shotgun spread range in every videogame ever released).

since when do gun designers have to take into account the aesthetics of the gun in the design process?

They do, they just get really shredded and nasty. But it's irrelevant, because GTAV has the same issue.

;^)

I thought it was common knowledge that GTAV's physics are trash

This is a liberal gun.

What kind of pussy are you? I shoot 7.62x39 regularly with foam ear plugs and I'm fine unless I go through more than 100 rounds.

GTAV's biggest physics issue is actually car deformation. You can run into things at ridiculous speeds and barely dent your car.

To be honest I'm glad Rockstar took the initiative to create their own engine instead of relying on Emotive or whatever the fuck its called, because they will likely be faster at developing it into something impressive whereas the other thing has stagnated. I hope in future GTAs they do more ambitious physics related shit, especially now that the PS4 is getting a hardware boost.

I actually like blocky plastic guns.
I guess I have shit taste.

Nothing wrong with that user, just make sure you buy a good one.

The best part is when he accidentally pulls the pin out of the grenade trying to pick it up.

this posts reminds of the swede firing an AR and crying.

Don't be too hard on the frenchfrogs. They are a disarmed people who are not allowed to own forks and knives. In real life they have to defend themselves with their government issued surrender flags.

No gunz spotted. The 'gunshow loophole' is just a normal ass private sale. A private gun sale is more or less buying a gun from your neighbor or from a garage sale. I should note that private sale is de facto banned in californa by making any private sales be completed through licensed firearm dealers.

Stop getting your knowledge of guns from fucking hollywood.

Wrong. private sales of firearms are quasi legal in commiefornia, because they have to prove in court that you bought the firearm from your neighbor, which is pretty much impossible. The loopholes are so large that you can drive a truck through them.

Gun grabber goober gabbers get out

That is absolutely correct. So why, exactly, do you think that no other states (save WA) have passed this retarded little bit of legislation?

Golly gee whiz user you really cracked the Da Vinci Code, things in GTA being silly and not serious what a revelation

GTA IV had the most realistic driving physics of all gta games. Just because you don't understand the concept of brakes doesn't mean the physics are bad

What are some good /k/ approved vidya?

because it's a game
why do magazines automatically refill and combine in your pockets?
because it's a game
why can you crash into a semi-truck at 100MPH and live?
because it's a game

etc

that's damage control if i've ever seen it

Does this not happen in real life?
Serious question, I've never wielded a gun.

Best gun coming through.

Only if you're Guido Mista.

No. Let's say I've got four magazines for my rifle and each one has 30 rounds. I fire 20 rounds from the first magazine and decide to reload. I fire another 10 rounds from that magazine and reload. I fire 15 rounds from the third magazine and reload. I fire all 30 rounds from the fourth magazine. I now have three magazines left, magazine one with 10 rounds, magazine two with 20 rounds, and magazine three with 15 rounds. In video games, these would be automatically combined into one full, 30 round magazine and a second 15 round magazine.

Side note, firing 20 rounds from a 30 round magazine would leave 9 rounds in the mag and 1 in the chamber, but I didn't bother with that detail for the sake of easy math.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I didn't even realize this was satire until I saw this revisited with the AK where this other guy used a fresh magazine to remove an empty mag and then promptly tossed it away.

this, AKs are the best guns

:^)

this?

That's some weak example of concern troll.

fucking Christ

that's not a swede

guns are legal in the usa

I don't know what's worse.

The try hard pretending to be a drill instructor or the fucking gay swedes

well they're white, blonde and gay so i figure they can only be swedish

Jesus fuck, the AR-15 is not exactly an elephant gun. Have some old school Clint Smith to wash away the sweden-yes faggotry. did the sweden faggots ever get less faggoty, or did they breakdown, bawl and cry for a muslim cock pacifier to sooth them?

it should be honest-to-god illegal for someone to vote for laws regarding something they are this fucking ignorant about.

in order to vote on anything gun related, you should have to take a firearm safety class, take a written test, and send at least 20 rounds down-range.

you don't have to kill to know that killing is bad goy :^)

that's why democracy is shit
it implies everyone's opinion is informed and that it matters

he sounds like russel peters' chinese accent

That is literally the point of representative democracy.

Steam forums in full swing again.

the fuck is a powered up gun?

An AR-15 Assault Weapon of Mass Destruction

Is this screenshot from the Ghost in The Shell Fist Assault Online Steam forums?

Oh boy. Retards pull the "in future guns and bullets are magical" card.

In GiTS universe they use modern firearms and ammo. So this powered up GAUSS bullshit is clearly a ruse.

take your meds /k/, its just a game, nobody cares.

That it unfortunately is. Wanted check out in what condition the game is and saw this shit. Had to save this, just had to.

I found this thread from the GiTS steam forum steamcommunity.com/app/369200/discussions/0/364042063113603145/?ctp=7
Clearly this Speedrunnerlnc is some professional ruse man. Holy shit, the amount of bullshit this guy types this thread. These types of forum users always ruin the games if devs cater to them. Everytime some game gets some stupid ass balance patch it is becouse of Speedrunnerlnc type of people.

Holy fuck these posts. Where to do these fucks stem from?

You all need to fucking kill yourselves.

Did you know that sperm cells need an egg to reproduce, not a butthole?
OP doesn't seem to.

who hurt you?

see

tips
and a goody day to you sir
hue eh hehe

you're right Holla Forums is pretty shit you may as well just leave and save yourself the suffering

Then how come some devs get it right and others don't? And it's usually the ones who have smaller budgets who get it right for some reason.

Maybe it's not a matter of money or time but just whether the people actually care about what they make.

Fug.

they were shooting 5.56 which is pretty much the same so no worries

I've seen this before, but what the fuck is the context?

it's unreliable

I'd play it.

cokeman2423

What are you gay?

How does it work, Holla Forums?

tmhonfire102 is a cool guy

Into the trash everything in your post goes.
You're trying to compare a gun sim to COD or GTA and it's hilarious watching you flounder so hard because of your inability to see past your narcissism, you are one of those people who think gender issues should be brought up in every game.

The AAA dev who has to make an alright shooter knows that the average joe does not give a fuck, he knows that he does not need the appreciation of gun autists because he's normal and will make money on the merit provided by mass consumption.

Whereas stock startup russian gun focused indie dev team #13584 who have a weird obsession with making guns look and act %100 are deliberately pandering to gun autists like you at the cost of other gameplay mechanics or polish, you're just too busy wanking off to the gun models to notice the lack of other features caused by the addition of %100 realistic sounding, moving and firing guns, which eat up all the animators and modelers time.

So you are basically saying CoD/Battlefield and other shit are better than STALKER, ArmA or even Squad or Project Reality.

Time to die, bitch boi.

I don't think I have ever seen someone so needlessly, pointlessly bootyblasted.

What i actually said was gun hobbyists are LIKE sjws, learn how to basic english.

Saying something is LIKE something does not mean that something is something.

Get out of here teenager.
I said that the dev will "make money on the merit provided by mass consumption."
You're inability to understand what that means or implies shows why i think you're a teenager.

Nigger, I'm not arguing with you, learn how to use IDs. You just seem inexplicably mad about this.

Yeah, except I wasn't the one who did that part. Again, we have IDs here.

Cant handle it m8

Bad gun animations are for shooters what black voids under skirts are to jrpgs.

I just realized that I'm basically Australian, except I don't sound like I've got a pound of cockmeat shoved in my cheeks.

are you a dog?

kek

(checked)
Honestly its interesting on how the accent varies as you go around oz

You get the same thing everywhere. There's like a million regional dialects in the US, and even people who live in the same city can have huge differences in how they speak.

what is false equivalency

USP is "unreliable" next to a M9 that's been in an armory since 1990 with all the rifling shot out of the barrel

That does not mean good game, bucko.

Its something that always interests me, its honestly half the reason i like traveling.
sage for off-topic

nice sage

fug

From just the audio, they sound like a couple of orks, orking it up regarding the reliability of dakkas. Which is not necessarily bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=E88UaZHE-t8