If you could create a sequel to Catherine, how would you do it?

If you could create a sequel to Catherine, how would you do it?

Actually fun and not repetitive, less cutscenes.

Make it cater to gay people and call it "Clarence"

I wouldn't. It was perfect as it was. If I make something with a similar gameplay, it would have a different story, or at the very least different characters.

Fuck you.

To what

I love how weeaboos in denial keep trying to convince people they aren't weebs in denial for playing this shit. Worse than persona or danganronpa weeb denial.

Eric

Ah, fuck you, leatherman.

I wouldn't.

Not at all related to the first game story wise, more block pushing. Make it like the fucking Disgaea of block pushing. Pushing blocks excited my autism so much more than I was expecting.

Vincent goes on space adventures and finds romance

Catherine already ended nicely with Vincent gaining true freedom; at most just create some new levels/Babel stages.

It doesn't need a sequel.

This game was terrible and poorly made.

Some sort of free content update would be the best.

The next story would be best trying an entirely different sort of character, maybe ditch the bar altogether. It'd be interesting to actually play as some real jackass, rather than some guy caught up in a misunderstanding. The story would just be a supplement to the new puzzles.
Maybe the succubi could eventually give up

Genderswapped cast, with the slightly loser-esque main character being a blue haired sidemullet.

tfw no Katharos McHusbando to receive economic abuse from once he realizes I'm shit with money

They'd need to explore another aspect of relationships beyond what they did with Catherine. They'd also need to not call it Catherine, but we'd know it's a spiritual successor. And have another twist about why these freak dreams are happening. It could work, I just don't know what more they could do regarding relationships that they didn't already do. Vincent's story is certainly done, but something else in that world would certainly be interesting.

Would a sequel work if it was focused in competitive gameplay?

You make it about a woman.
The focus wouldn't really be about choosing between a Chad Thundercock or some kind of NuMale.
Implying it would take effort would be more fictional than the weird spin of Nightmare on Elm Street.
The struggle instead is you determine if she becomes well liked trash tier waifu or a QT 3.14.
You'd start with a borderline blank slate that evolves into Party Girl or Bookworm.
Party Girl is liked more by more people but gets called a slut by a special few.
Bookworm gets less affection and deals with her own cases of getting shit on by jelly skanks.
The male catering is that the slut version would be really in your face about it.
A Lot of lewd angles.
The inverse is more tasteful cute-girl-doing-cute-things.

There would be some blog post about how it gave some cunt triggering problematic depression because both choices would be met with resistance.
The game would hammer home the idea you can't please all of the people all of the time and the dumb bitch who'd writer the article would have either fucking caved under any and all pressure leading to a lukewarm shit end or would be so pissed off by one group she'd go so far in one direction the protagonist would turn into an inconsiderate cuntbag also leading to a bad end.

For single player let the camera swing around the back of the tower if the player is there. Maybe also consider adding the back of the tower to the equation in later stages.

Probably remove it completely from the story of the first game. Maybe even have it involve a different subject matter, death or something? The game would be about descending like a Dig Dug puzzler instead of ascending like in the original. I understand examining relationships in an 'adult' way is sort of this game's thing but if you're gonna remove it from all the other shit anyway you might as well ditch the relationship aspect as well.

At the very least make the central conflict not so transparently good and evil. Romance isn't black and white, so it shouldn't be depicted as such.

Have choices that actually affect the story outside of the ending. Playing a full Catherine run just to see Vincent reach all the same conclusions he did in my Katherine run was really disappointing.

I'd argue that one of Catherine's failings on a narrative level was the fact that the actual relationship stuff wasn't handled that maturely. Just some dialogue options and then you're off to the mechanically unrelated puzzle sequences that just fill the level with a boss symbolizing the current struggle, and a binary question at the end.

It felt like saving the other men was more the part of the tower sequences. So a sequel must do a better job of tying the dreams to reality in more meaninful ways.

Nice digits.

Yeah, that's why I put adult in quotes. It's really not all that adult, and I feel like Catherine got the label almost solely because it was a game that bothered to examine romantic relationships at all. This being modern gaming, this of course made it adult and mature, for simply doing something that most games don't.

How is this game repetitive?

Fuck off, retard.

This, more blocks.

I recall hearing that the original subject matter was supposed to be about war. A potentially interesting order/chaos subject matter could be the choice between freedom and peace where the order side would sacrifice freedom for peace and the chaos side would sacrifice peace for freedom.

Another interesting order/chaos subject matter might lie somewhere in money. Perhaps in something about rich vs poor.

Were there any more than one stages for coop? I could actually see there being room for more enemy AI trying to screw you over, as well as other players. Especially if the second game were to focus on conflict or war.

Thing is stages would either need to have some randomization or procedural generation to keep stratagies from going stale.

Not have it be a sequel and be a totally different game