ITT: Moments in games that weren't hard for you, but that everyone else you know thinks is the hardest shit

ITT: Moments in games that weren't hard for you, but that everyone else you know thinks is the hardest shit.

Pic related. Paramedic was never hard, just tedious. You're given more than enough time to get everyone, and that's even if you take your time. Just never stop for prolonged periods of time, and you'll win, but you need a half-hour

Fuck I gotta learn how to drive one of these Wednesday

anyone who thinks this guy is hard needs to kill themself

Holy shit, is this a mod?
I don't remember him being this big and I played dozens of times.

Most people think Paramedic is hard because they drive like ass.

He's always been a pretty big guy

That's funny, I remember him being bigger.

For you.
Why did I always think he was only a little bit bigger than the player?

because all the other bosses are 20 ft tall

But he's not hard user, the annoying part is the small arena.

The Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. It's not even that tedious if you have that spell that warps back to the start of the dungeon.

Also, Dark Fact from Ys 1. He was super easy, even in the Turbografx CD version of the game, but I always hear people talk about how hard he is.

For you

Basically everything. My friends were always the biggest fucking casuals/retards around when it came to games and actually most other things as well. I was the go to guy for whenever somebody got stuck in a game. It made me think I was hot shit at video games until I got out of my bubble and realized I'm actually just pretty average.

No one can't stop Mr. Domino.
I unlocked the bull token and Pierre but never the alien.

This one for sure. I beat it in one go.

It wasn't hard, it was just tedious as hell since Smoke's SMG had the rate of fire of a blackpowder musket.

The difficulty or lack thereof of the water temple comes down to one thing: If you found the key under the platform in the central room.

I read how people had problems in Witcher 3 HoS with the Toad prince. But I just threw a Superior Dancing Star with Heavy Artillery skill on him twice and he was dead. Roasted toad. Easy peasy.

the rc mission was hard soley because most players hadn't gone to flight school yet. They're experience with flying planes were mostly likely zero

Not related, but your pic reminded me of a game I played when I discovered the internet way back in 2001

The very first time I did the Water Temple as a kid, I fucked myself by using a key at the wrong place or something and I had to start all over because I saved afterward.
Otherwise, it's not hard in the slightest. You just might fuck yourself over and make it impossible to progress.

Other than that, I was the designated shop class guy when a group of my friends started playing Bully, because none of them seemed capable of doing it. I don't understand.

You also have to give the train a bit of room or he's just going to shoot the side of it, if I recall. Dumbfucks love to hug that train for some fucking reason.

The classes in Bully weren't hard at all, in fact, no part of that game was really that hard.

"Hardest of the franchise" my ass. Even the library is harder (although the technique in that level is to only take a few steps forward then kill all the new enemies before continuing to move forward then repeat).

Are you talking Halo? The library bit was easy if you have a shotgun and keep moving.
Could just be me though.

mandela effect

Truly. I was complete ass at the RC when I first tried it before meeting Jizzie. Came back after beating flying school, got it in one try, with 1/3 of a tank left. At the very least, it could've told you about using the up and down keys to go down and up if you hadn't gotten to flight school.

Total meme mission, easy, but burdened by being the first "Use actual thought" mission.

I always thought the library was just tedious. It was the same room repeated over and over again.

This really wasn't that hard, the level wasn't that big, all you had to do was get in and get out. I didn't like it at first, but after I did it once it wasn't really that big a deal.

I'm lying of course, these two are hard as shit

Everything in this game after Pontiff Sulyvahn (which is the first boss that is remotely challenging anyways). I had a luck build on my first run and exclusively used the flamberge because I heard you level luck to make bleed damage better. It was pretty terrible but since the first half was so easy it didn't matter. Sulyvahn was a bitch but after the fight I accidentally stumbled upon Arni's corpse because I fucked up the questline unintentionally and got her sword. I didn't know that it scaled with luck and nearly put it in my bottomless box with all my other junk I never wanted to see again when I decided to read the description to see if she was related to that dude from DaS1. Lo and behold it scales with luck and is indisputably the best weapon in the entire game (at least for PvE).

That shit, fully upgraded, with 60 luck, buffed with blessed weapon 40 dex, and 40 strength, does over 550 pure physical damage which is a number that would only look normal on a big ass slow strength weapon. After I found that sword I don't think I died a single time from anything that wasn't falling off a ledge like a retard. I R1'd the final boss in a minute and only used 1 estus flask, fucking fromsoft fix your broken game.

The main character in that picture is leaning over from doing an attack and takes up much less screen space than they normally do.

Most people I know who complain about hard things usually confuse it for tedious and repetitive things, I suppose in a way it's hard but how in the fuck do you connote those two over actual difficulty?

supply lines was harder on the ps2

The train mission was easy as shit and I don't understand why it's infamous.

The RC mission is why I dropped the game.

People keep hugging the train and smoke doesnt hit them. Its really about retards being retards. The rc mission though. Fuck that. But i never got farther than the mission in san francisco (i think its san fierro in game) where you have to shoot down/chase a heli.

I'll never understand why two Big Whites at the same time in the last mission are considered so difficult, hell I took on all three of them no problem despite being formidable they're very predictable in their patterns. The hardest one is the one dueling you while other enemies whittle away at you and standing in one place too long will reward you with a satellite blast.

*all of them no problem

I replayed Sunshine lately and only lost one life on this. The lily pad secret can go fuck itself, though.

It all depends on how much poise you have when you go in. Phat armor = EZ squeezin, No armor = Doggy gangrape

finding a match in battleborn

It's because it was stupidly easy to box yourself in and die horribly.

I thought you said finding a match in the bathroom and I was going to ask you where in GTA is that mission.

God I love Armored Core 3 and Silent Line. I have a nice save file I need to get from the memory card to my pc.

The whole thing is like a fucking tutorial. GTA missions always sucked.

casuals being casuals. people drive poorly in GTA because they're literal retards and don't understand the concept of brakes

I don't understand the issues with the RC mission. the plane is extremely easy to drive (probably the easiest in game since it is tiny, slow and has better handling than the stuntplane) and the machine gun has auto aim. The only issue someone might have is with controls since the game only teaches them later on when you get the air field but then you can just put off doing it

The train one might be hard but mainly because the mission is a mix of rng/scripting and smoke might have aim too shit to kill them in time and if you don't already know how to beat it you need to do trial and error since the game just tells you to keep up with the train but not in the special snowfalke way the developers intended. i've seen retards humping the train hoping smoke shoots through the train for some fucking reason though

The minigun one is only hard on the consoles since you have to aim with shitsticks

you mean gta 3?

I don't think I had too much trouble with those either but it has been over 10 years so I don't really remember much. One thing I remember that was bullshit was that in flight school one of the missions was impossible unless you raised the landing gear. I wasn't paying attention to the messages telling me to raise it so I tried so many times but there was a ring that you just couldn't reach.

I remember never being able to fly GTA 3 plane, but that's probably because it rolls like mad and at the time I never figured out pitch controls, they were probably on a numpad and I was using arrow keys only like a fucking retard.

I've got a better one for you.

Kiddo i can fly the Dodo on GTA 3.
GTA missions are literally made for retards, if you ever had any trouble you fucking suck ass at gaming and should kill yourself.

I'm talking San Andreas, the flight school is pure bullshit. Outside that mission flying planes is alright, I swear they deliberately gimped the controls just to fuck with you.

That's because they intentionally made it impossible to fly because Muh 9/11.

this was "patched" in the pc, xbox, and ps2 "greatest hits" version if the game.

the only versos where is "hard" is the first run PS2 version of the game/ black case.

This whole series. People say its hard and then I fucking breeze through it every time. Literally just grind a little bit, get the skills, and its easy as shit.

I have a weird tendency to have no trouble with bosses in the Dark Souls series that most people hate, but then I get rekt by bosses most people consider easy. I remember beating Capra demon on my 2nd try, Father Gasciogne on my 1st try, and Pontiff Sulhyvan on my first try only to find out later that everyone thought they were tough. Meanwhile, I got destroyed by things like Moonlight butterfly (I'm serious) and dragonslayer armor

this gave me ptsd

fuck off

Once you realise that its a flying tank that cant shoot, its easy. I just took my time to not get stressed, flied high to avoid the hammerburgers and descended to blade kill if too many mall cops started shooting at me.

flight school is easy but if you disable the frame rate limiter it fucks with the timer and some other shit that makes it almost impossible to beat. turn off the fps limiter and i guarantee you you'll get gold

Pc version came with him being easier, I think it was in one of the earlier patches for consoles before it was ported to the pc

i mean turn on the fps limiter to get gold, whoops

I always thought the vampire boss was harder.

Does it count if I quit the game for a few days after failing for ages and then came back to it being easy as shit?

I fucking know, right? They even give you the Black Iron set just around the corner from it.

I twice when I was younger while at a sleepover, I had friends mention they were stuck in a video game. The first guy was stuck in Majora's Mask, and didn't know how to escape the cycle for the first time. He had never bothered to wait for time to run out and see what happened before

The other was Luigi's mansion, and he was "stuck" on the first boss. Literally the first boss, where all you do is suck up the only objects in the room and spit them back out at him.

In both situations I had literally never played the game before, either, which made it super pathetic.

The difficulty of the library really comes from the lack of resources it gives you. If you weren't a good enough shot, it was plenty feasible that you just wouldn't have any ammunition to deal with enemies and would be forced to die. It took me a bit at first, but I realized that dying because you couldn't get the first few shots on someone was quicker in the long run than getting a save point with low ammo. I played on Legendary though

HOW? JUST IGNORE THE PEOPLE, THEY CAN'T DO SHIT. IF THEY BLOCK YOUR WAY, SLASH THEIR THROATS.

KAMIKAZES AT 6-O-CLOCK

Nice try, jew!

some fags got too much into the roleplay aspect and never took off their initial set after they got it.
0 adaptability, no pun intended.

reasonable if he's used to savestates

Last time I checked, you couldn't use save states on the N64.

guess he was retarded.
personally I thought the omega metroid fights in AM2R were a huge jump in difficulty but weren't impossible if you kept calm.

Beat them both first try. They're not aggressive enough so you can always back off and heal

I love Bully except that the whole game is way too easy.

Beat him first time, do people really have trouble with that?

Sir alonne took me a couple of tries but lost sinner i killed him first try. I was very surprised when i found out he was one of the big 4

i think my desire to fuck ruto allowed me to see the water temple with absolute clarity

one time I was playing diakatana and george romeo made me his bitch

this happened in reverse a few times

Super Mario, level 8-1
me and another gamer trying to time this fucking run and jump
hand the controller to a noob
he doesn't run, he fucking walks to the edge and jumps
timing is perfect

me and another gamer playing Atari Solaris
noob wants to play
okay
friend tricks noob into fighting Cobras, the hardest enemy in the game
we laugh at noob as the battle starts
noob tears them apart

So you used an emulator instead of playing the original PS2 version, unlike you I played it when it originally came out.

Deus Ex's Liberty Island opening mission

Everybody I met in college who had played the game gave up on this level because "I wasted like two clips trying to kill the first terrorist I saw but he wouldn't die "

Demyx.

He played the PC version user.

I found geography hard as fuck, I pretty much failed the first two at least 3 times each before giving up and using a strategy guide to beat them.

Those slider puzzles in Runescape. I had to do them for all my friends but that's good because I liked them.

did you fail at a casualized video game school? nigga did you even go past first grade in real life?

I remember friends hating the first Commando mission in C&C and having no real trouble with it.

Not everyone is sound on where all the different countries are on a map, or know the 52 states of the Centre of the Universe™. I hate that bike battle with the Greasers as well, it's clunky as shit.

Burger detected. How does it feel that an Europoor like me beat the Geography class with the US states on it first try? Granted, they put in all the easier, more well known states, but you didn't have to find obscure Slavic countries in the Yuropoor class either.

I remember playing GTA:SA for the first time in my friend's house, he mentioned having hard time with this mission and let me try it. There was a bug, I hit the coming train, somehow bounced off it and landed on the train these guys were on without ever dropping from the bike. And then I simply run over them, was a pretty interesting experience

if you are aware of the physics bugs commonly used in gta stunting you can do that reliably, or you can also just hop onto the train once it comes out of the bridge and there's elevated mounds of dirt all around.
This also reminded me of how much time i spent autistically trying to get the airplane landing at the slowest speed or smallest field by coming close to the ground in an already low speed and holding the exit vehicle key but it all stopped once i could reliably land an andromada on LS tower

Getting the Sun Sigil for the Caladbolg in FFX. Everyone rants about that race being hard as fuck but I can get it in 3-4 tries max.

Can confirm, the damn train was nightmare mode with black case and PS2.

Bullshit did anyone find that easy.

Same, it's not that hard. Did it pretty easily as a kid and did it again a few weeks ago.

the entirety of both oddworld games, I just know the games by heart, didn't struggle on first goes

Yeah, I was playing the Oddworld games when I was like 9 and shit and it wasn't hard. Still fucking classics, though.

I think it's because no one bothered to experiment with the gamespeak. I was surprised how little my friends knew about the game, possession, how to force Mudokons to drop off ledges, being able to figure out where secrets are, they had zero clue of such things and they never got past the stockyards.

This reminds me, for the longest time the only secret in the game I was missing was the secret-within-a-secret in Necrum mines. The one where you walk to the left or something and there's 3 (I think) blind Mudokons. I was like "Where the fuck are the last 3?!" until I finally discovered it.

Exoddus is pretty easy, mainly because nearly every secret is plain obvious since they put green soulstorm brew bottles whenever a secret is nearby and because the quiksave makes the game piss easy

This was never really hard. You just fail like 2 times and then youve got the track memorized.

The last time I played it I didn't even use quiksave, it just felt too cheap. At least it's convenient to use when you wanna fuck around and make a bunch of angry Mudokons kill eachother over a fart.

Yeah I set myself checkpoints ala Oddyssee.
The one time I used quiksave was that part in Zulag 12 I think, where you have to go through a bunch of laser fences and then calm down mudokons before they slap each other to death. I never could tell them all sorry before the guy in the middle died, and I must have spent like 30 minutes on that part thinking I must do it perfectly.
Then I accidentally pressed 8(stop it).

Try not to hit the water :)

The problem with the train one is that game doesn't give you any idea where you're suppose to drive in relation to the train so that Big Smoke does the necessary damage to win.

It's really not that hard to figure out unless you're retarded.

It only took me a couple of tries to figure it out, it's just that Smoke is so slow at killing the cholos that it's hard to see the difference at times.

Pic related was never hard to me.
The hard thing is breaking his horns, as a hammer user, before he dies, and with no sleep bombing teammates, but i did that too.

I beat the Kayran in one try. If you had the anti-poison it was a really easy fight. I don't know how people got stuck on this part and gave up on the game. In fact the entire game gets really easy once you get a hang of the controls.

i remember a magazine talking about how hard these sections were but i beat them in 1-2 tries as a kid and wondered what the fuss was all about

Never had much trouble with button mashing sections of games. When I was younger after a few tries I beat Canary Mary 2nd race cleanly just by pure button mashing. Now however, I know about the rubber banding she does, so the race is even easier as I just maintain pace with her until the last stretch.

That shit was easy. Took me 2 tries.

Fuck those RC missions, though.
Fuck you, just let me in the damn lab.

Never had trouble with that one. Still don't get it.

What?

Wood Shop was a fucking nightmare.
That's what I'm doing.
You see me doing it.
NIGGA, THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING. English was hard at times, too.

The non stop special mix with Paranoia and trip machine was too stronk for normalfags.

Dude I did that shit first try on a touch screen. Get good.

I thought this was one of the easiest shines in the game.

The rhino/hippo/giraffe parts are mostly just timing, the ostrich parts are muscle memory, and the monkey parts are trial-and-error. The lava level was INFINITELY worse.

(Hailed)
The worst part about letting your friends play that level is when they can't grasp the simple fact that roaring at the different colored monkeys change the direction they throw you.

Sorry, I just had to.

The only san andreas mission i had issue with was the one where you have to break into that army base in las venturas, blast a bunch of soldiers wielding the m16, blast incoming helicopters with the stationary minigun and then steal that really slow and heavy helicopter then lift an armored truck to verdant meadows. But then i decided to steal a dodo from the las venturas airfield and after figuring out the mission puts a lock on rocket launcher soldier near the helicopter if you come in by air and dying i just sniped him and the whole thing was a cakewalk.
I also never managed to complete the area 51 mission with stealth

Go with no poise and no shield. Then come back.

Beat him first try easily. I think I might have cheesed him a bit because I got some great drops from the item boxes but the point stands.

Took me a couple of tries the first time. The game gets easier as you progress in general I think. Ever time I've replayed I've had no problems with any boss except maybe act 2 Letho. I'd consider him the hardest boss fight in the game. Especially since after some patch you couldn't aard + chain him very effectively anymore.

I will never forget that.

I lost to Dark Fact so many times, probably like 30 or so. Didn't help that I was on a keyboard, and I got boxed into a corner every other attempt. It got to the point where I would already know his movements and do massive damage, but RNG would always fuck my shit up.

He becomes easy once you kill the two rats guarding him by running to the top of the stairs in time.

Do you not know how to dodge?

Doom3
Never had a single problem, used headphones, aimed mostly by ear, hit everything.

The rooftop boss fight in Final Fantasy Tactics, though I fully admit that it's because I just got lucky. The AI will kill you if it tries to no matter what you do, but sometimes it doesn't try and you can win.

Except knowing where Mississippi or California on a map has absolutely no value in my life outside of appearing as some random trivia question like this game does. If I really want to find those states I just search do a Google maps search and I'll find what I'm looking for.

Shit's easy as fuck, the problem is they cheaped it out by putting him in a tight area and having two hounds gangbang you as soon as you enter

I didn't find Dark Fact hard but holy fuck the vampire gave me hell.

He's only hard because of the tight area.
I had the displeasure of making a claymore wielding barbarian. Didn't do so well.

Library was easy as hell for me. Frankly, the flood are a rather shoddy enemy most the time. Don't understand cover, shotgun shreds them, and whenever they have guns they tend to spray and pray.
Only issue ever comes up is the rocket guys.

Yea, a lot of people keep bringing up San Andreas like it was some super hardcore pinacle of open world games even though its mechanics were very primitive and easy.

People talk about how casual GTA5 is but the whole series was always casual as fuck. Even in later missions in Vice City or San andreas you are ALWAYS shown where exactly to go, what to do, how to do it, like its the 1st time youre playing it.
The AI was terrible, the gunplay was simplistic, your character stats barely affected anything, the graphics were WAY outdated (just compare it to Mafia which came out a year before Vice City), it was linear as fuck and the plot was mindnumbingly stupid.
It wasnt until Gta4 that the gunplay, graphics and driving mechanics were substantially improved, but then milions of casuals cried out that it was "too hard", "too realistic" and "not fun", so they then simplified everything they could in Gta 5.

If you actually replay San Andreas nowadays you will see just how shallow and dull its world is, how simplistic its gameplay and progression is and how stupid the premise is. Its nothing more than nostalgia.

Deus ex, System Shock, Mafia, Thief and Half life all succeeded and are all remembered because they were well thought out and well crafted games that tried new things and pushed their genres forward.
GTA said "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING :D:D!" and milions of idiots and children bought it.

You mean with those assassins that actually oneshot you? Yeah, you lucked out.

I did. But since I built Ramza as a Black Mage/Summoner, the two duels were even harder for me than usual.

You do realize the bosses in the original Ys 1 and the PC Engine remasters are easier than their later incarnations?
Every boss gets harder in Ys eternal.

Same, got it on first try. On the other hand it took me days to beat Gaping Dragon so

I got to this guy with a completely un-upgraded mace that the cleric starts with and had all my points dumped into faith because I was retarded and dark souls 1 is fucking gay if you want to try to be a cleric on your first run.

Anyway… I got to him and panic ran up the stairs, the two dogs got to me first, I wiped the floor with them, and then capra was easy.

Honestly the only time I really struggled with Dark Souls 1 was the fucking archers and Smogh & Ornstein. Fuck that part of the game.

Library got stupid hard on legendary. At least for me.

I can dig the way Bungie do their difficulties instead of doing it lazily - inflating health and damage. But the real challenge of Hal is Mythic difficulty. I can't do that shit to save my life

They were a little hard, but not something that couldn't be done. For some reason the level where you have to shoot those ayys coming to attack from the ocean in jak 3 was hard as fuck though.

What's the big deal?

All that poison.

I beat him in the Ys Eternal version too, and he still wasn't hard at all.

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with him as well. Both times I played Ys 1, I kept dying to him over and over again before I finally beat him.

Hardest part of that game for me was Tomb of Giants.

It's not even difficult to do in light armor either. Dark Souls in general is pretty easy, people only convince themselves that it's difficult after falling for Namco's marketing.

(checked)
Performance issues.