Max Read Details How Badly Holla Forums, GamerGate, Etc. Kicked Gawker's Ass

Now that Gawker is dead and Nick Denton has been utterly humiliated by losing both his company and his money, they're admitting the truth now about how much a bunch of autists sending e-mails and ruining their PR brought the company to its knees.

archive.is/zWLHt

In retrospect: This was extremely stupid. Even in 2014, Twitter had already become a mechanism by which indiscreet people lost their jobs. Still, it was very difficult for me to believe that anyone genuinely thought that “pro-bullying” is a stance that anyone has ever adopted, or that Sam Biddle’s tweet was a statement in support of bullying. But what I believed, or didn’t believe, didn’t matter. I wasn’t messing around with irony-fluent trolls but with teenagers and college students who seemed unable or unwilling to understand context or sarcasm — exactly the kind of people who might actually believe that Sam Biddle would get a raise for bullying gamers (a myth that still floats around the various Gamergate communities).
More problematically, it would turn out, I was also, unconsciously, messing with the only group even less able to grapple with irony or context: brands. What I’d missed about Gamergate was that they were gamers — they had spent years developing a tolerance for highly repetitive tasks. Like, say, contacting major advertisers.

Then it all went away. Gawker had taken a hit — thousands of dollars of advertising gone, at least. But in the weeks we’d been hemorrhaging advertisers and goodwill, stories in the New York Times and other outlets — the real media—and a segment on The Colbert Report made it clear that the Gamergaters were the bad guys in this case, not us. The sites went back to normal.
But of course it didn’t go away. Gamergate proved the power of well-organized reactionaries to threaten Gawker’s well-being. And when Gawker really went too far — far enough that even our regular defenders in the media wouldn’t step up to speak for us — Gamergate was there, in the background, turning every crisis up a notch or two and making continued existence impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/AKGZq
youtube.com/watch?v=DcBVwRVoBIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn, so the email campaigns actually worked?

Yes. When the site editor admits as much exactly as we believed to be the case, there's no way anyone could argue otherwise.

So gamergate did indeed win.

Wasn't Gawker that said Gamergators weren't le real gamers because they hated diversity or something?

When one of its top objectives was accomplished in less than two years, I'd sure as fuck say so. We set the tone for Thiel to come in and kill the fucking thing.

Gamergate helped soften Gawker up for Hogan and Thiel to do the finishing blow.

please use archive.is is dead, but the other six websites they owned were auctioned off.

Oh for fucks sake Mark. G­awker.com

Massive astroturfing and damage control.

Only relevant part is that he admits GamerGate had a significant impact on Gawker to scuttle it when it faced the Hulk lawsuit.

Everything else is just dancing around issues, pointing fingers and trying to avoid blame for anything that happened. "We're the victims!", he shouts.

Gamers have way more power than they realised.

2016 is really proving to be a really shitty year for leftists. Gawker dead, Brexit, maybe Donald winning? Social Justice becoming a joke. Hillary in poor health, DNC emails revealed their corruption and how they fucked over Sanders. Ghostbusters failing at the box office, target losing business, Twitter's financial reports looking grim.

It tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

>thousands of dollars of advertising
I mean, I just saw this on twitter and the guy posting it got real butthurt and said "muh 7 figures" before disappearing when I questioned this. What happened to the 7 figures, why is it now merely thousands? They say their advertisers came back when the "real media" started putting out hit pieces. Seems to me DisNod failed, but general social media presence and constant scrutiny on Gawker was enough to just push them over the edge, but only after they fucked up hard all on their own.

I'm as happy as anyone that Gawker is dead, but enough with the selective reading.

So one week of losing ads and ALL corporate media comes in to lie because they know it'll happen to them how corrupt. You know for a fact the SPJ shit was a ploy by the media to pretend bury the hatchet it better not have worked on you fags.

So can we kill another company now that we know emailing works?

yay, colbert.

This is what liberals believe.

fucker isn't going to admit to the real numbers he has no reason or need to do so.

The entire article reads like it's attempting to downplay just how effective Gawker's detractors were.

What?
Why stop here?
We know how to boycott, but that has always been here.
How about we learn how to fuck up companies more? Hell, why don't we ask the obsessive otaku form Japan how they get their shit done?

Why don't we go insane?

THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT HOW THE FUCK IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE?

ON WHAT FUCKIGN SCHOOL DID THEY LEARN THIS SHIT

WHICH IDIOT GAVE THEM MONEY?

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT JOURNALISMUS LINGO DINGO

Well, he failed to mention a time interval where those thousands applied. Could be per day. Also thousands goes from four to six figures. Vague enough.

That was exactly my thought.

We must crash this system.

With no survivors

Upper class drug addicted sociopaths and psychopaths did you read it?

no reason not to either. Especially if its already been admitted by someone else

To do what GG did to Gawker, you need hard evidence that someone in the company is doing something morally questionable. Sam Biddle being a complete fucking dumbass by effectively saying "I support bullying" was an extremely powerful tool because no good company would want to be seen supporting that.

eh, the system worked for once

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

This.

Motherfuckers over at Japan have the industries by the balls. Should they try to do anything stupid, they'll make sure their voices are heard and the money flow going to the author stops pouring.

No reason not to do it here also at this point.

Quite telling that it needed two years work and special circumstances to force the system to work the way it's supposed to.

Hey, thats not the image I posted.

Whatever, point stands. Its time for these end the company attitude of them being hot shots that they could make and shit whatever they want and cucks eat them up while being vocal so that the sane people don't say a word

The 7 figures came out of Denton's mouth. This is an attempt at damage control, but the fact they're admitting this much proves we ripped their nuts off.

When GG actually did shit, I felt like being part of this elaborate plot like something you'd see in House of Cards. It felt good to hold power. Really fucking good. No wonder the Jews do this.

Also it may even be more than 7 figures, another article revealed Denton said Gawker's piss poor PR had cost them millions versus what a site like Vox makes without all the noise surrounding Gawker.

these dickhead journos need to go away. They can ask 'burger king' for a job, i don't care. They just need to go away!

Now the tentakels of these psychopath

this post will have singles if i'm wrong

I expect that Japanese consumers have different philosophies than Western consumers, where every fault is rationalized, and you're a bad person for having expectations when you spend $60.

Somehow, it feels like pic related.

Click it, bug's been around for a while and randomly pops up.

You are now imagining Hulk Hogan giving the
Bane line.

It's weird to think how much the world has changed. How much we, and by association internet culture, have changed. I remember when 'demotivational' shit like pic related was the cutting edge of meme technology, and now we're using memes to influence global events and tear down corrupt media elites worth millions.

Man, he is really butthurt. I mean, he should, he lost everything, but he doesn't accept defeat with honor, he have to be a pussy about it.

I guess he just doesn't have anything else to lose, not even pride.

It was Hogan who did this shit, granted GG certainly helped destroy their public image which may have influenced the judge's verdict, but ultimately it was Hogan.
They will never stop blaming GG for everything they can, will they? Why does it make them so fucking butthurt?

this shit happens when 2 pictures are assigned the same unix code

this should normally be extremely unlikely however theres some kind of bottleneck that causes the script to idle for some time before resuming normally, with a slight delay

No Gawker, you are the baddy.

Which happens randomly, yes?

Well that is a big problem in the west. People keep falling for scams despite the obvious red flags, people keep eating all the shit and get vocal on social media so that publishers and developers cater to them, and if you try to find something wrong with the product, well "You're just entitled for expecting a working game! You're just mad that the free market doesn't work in your favor!"

Cucks need to be removed and there needs to be a huge overhaul in education as well. I cannot stress this enough, education being comprised of scammers is why we'll continue to see people act like sheep (Or goyim)

SO BRAVE
O
B
R
A
V
E

I wonder how Nathan Grayson's co-workers feel about this article?

All this shit because Grayson didn't add a sentence of disclosure while working at a different site. Hell all he had to do was apologize, and probably resign. Now everyone at Gawker is losing their jobs, and who knows what is going to happen with the spin off sites.

Granted sounds like they all blame Theil (Which is accurate, he did the most damage) but I wonder if somebody there at Kotaku blames that greasy poofhaired idiot for not keeping his dick in his orange pants.

no its tied to the time of creation you dolt

I don't understand what that store has to do with anything. Is it because only soccer moms shop there?

Any guesses on who it actually was?

Secret cabal of animu loving neckbeards running the world from the behind the scenes WHEN

>Earlier that year, a writer for Kotaku had had a brief fling with a well-known video-game developer. In August, the developer’s ex-boyfriend, a 24-year-old computer programmer, wrote a 10,000-word blog post about her, spawning rumors that she’d traded sex for a positive review of her game on Kotaku. That no such review ever actually appeared on the site should tell you a lot about Gamergate’s relationship to the truth
They're still running with that shit even after death, despite us saying from the beginning that it was postive coverage, not a review and giving archives to the article.

They're used to having their way, when someone dares to oppose them or even just disagree with them they get butthurt.
This article proves that masses of people shouting loudly enough and persistently enough can make even marxists and corrupt executives in their lofty ivory towers tremble.
Do not forget this lesson.

Gamergate is like 9/11 to Leftists

Because GG at the raw core is about something that is directly against their philosophy of pushing a political agenda in games and that they're above the system. Since the only group that has screamed out at them is these people, it's easy for them to strawman them into submission for the ignorant masses since they are the ones with the huge outreach compared to GG, something that outside of the corruptions and conflicts of interest is something GG fought for.

I wonder if we actually helped change politics by making things like Breitbart more popular, which has helped Trump tremendously. Is he is the Memechurian Candidate?

The last three digits are random IIRC. The rest is a unix timestamp.

Very much a damage control, all the talking points right down to virgin teenagers and sex for reviews that never happened. The advertiser campaign fucked them up big time and they will never fully admit it because it can happen again the next time a narcissistic gonzo wannabe decides to slander an entire consumer population to virtue signal. And it will.
Nothing makes me more smug than when someone comes into a thread to downplay the effectiveness of the email campaign two years from when it started.

They will never drop the narrative.

The entire clique probably hates eachother by now. They would constantly blame eachother for "provoking" the goobergobblers, while ignoring their own tweets.

From the GG general
Apparently she was a massive CUNT to denton, so much that the guy left early and canceled the party.

It really is incredible. Just think how many people completely lost faith in the media, not just the gaming part, because of that single sentence's absence.

You could say that we leveled up

If we somehow survive the decline of human civilization we might as well start a new world order based on vietnamese drawings

Of course, the fire rises brother.

You can fuck right off.

We'll be old men by then though.

Gamergate did nothing you hear me? You cucks can't do ANYTHING
FUCK YOU

of course we going survive we don't even need get out of our rooms come on

This is 90% of why the world is continually in a shit state. There are people who experience that early and life and spend the rest of their lives pursuing it. Many of them will teach their young the methods which they found to be the most successful. The world should make a lot more sense to you now.

We are still suffering from the plebbitors and twitshits that were drawn here because of GG.

Daily reminder. Don't let the shills try to revise history

this bearstain universe is pretty weird

As the ones with more experience and greater knowledge of how things were we can shape the youth of that time to believe what we want them to believe

We'll transfer our brains into immortal robot bodies shaped like cute girls.

he has no idea… not even an iota of an idea…

Old men running the world, a new age!

Electronic old men

They always pushed for gamification. Just didn't expect it to go that way.

Sounds like how SJW and feminist work, you know the ideologies these sites pushed. Funny how it turned around and bit them in teh ass.

revoltards on suicide watch

I dont have an appropriate image to convey the level of pure unadulterated smug and total elation that I feel at this moment.

FUCK YOU GAWKER

I have to agree with you user.

Loss of control. The whole mindset behind SJW types, especially the ones that work at big blogs, is that they get to pass judgement and police the peasants of the internet. Their whole world falls apart when the internet spits in their face and tells them to fuck off.

It was just a prank, bro!

Here's the lesson. When you are weaker than your targets you are a trickster. When you are bigger than you targets and hold a higher authority over them (while not responsible for them) it is called bullying.

From the very beginning the idea was to use their tactics against them.

I hate it when people constantly tweet and post about how GG did nothing. I want to show them this and tell them how wrong they are.

Try this one.

To celebrate

Anthony Burch is happy today, because he is not a revoltard.

If we awoke Kek despite not understanding meme magic, think of what we can do in the future.

entirely ruin, friend.
Google attempting to hide us, our years of experience sniffing out those who don't belong, becoming experts at watching for shills although I think we can all admit some are going overboard and using it as a reason to not argue with anyone who disagrees with them, and the fact that places like cuckchan still get credit for things have all helped us stay safer than we were back during project chanology

kek
So much hate for GG, yet everytime I read an article with a disclosure I smirk.

What if that's what the current old men did? What if that's the secret behind all the illuminati symbols? And that's why they keep spreading them all over the place and hiding them everywhere, despite the fact that it otherwise seems retarded to "advertise" your secret organization like that.

Except they weren't "advertising" to the people. They were "advertising" to their god.

Let us not forget the real hero behind Gawker's demise

Yes, its praying to Moloch. Truth is stranger than fiction.

We are growing stronger

Shine on, you crazy autists.

A lot of people join the hate train because they don't want to be associated with gg and the shitstorm that follows it everywhere.

At least they learned that you never piss off vengefull billionaire boomers who can just throw money at problems that annoy them.

user why must you make me imagine myself in my 70s?!

Weird fucking times they were
Weird time now
Weirder ahead

Oh well, at least I have you fags. Posten these.

An easy target that won't necessarily retaliate.

I still miss Jim even if he did kind of act like a faggot just because reddit was giving him shit.

user, we will achieve the dream, or die trying. If you managed to get to your 70s you're already set

Please no that one makes me puke

They outed Thiel while he was in Saudi Arabia. They effectively tried to murder him. The only bad guys here are Gawker.

Most probably know that Kek also means fire, but Moloch is considered a fire god. This is only marginally related, but I found a book on Witchcraft in my garage and one of the terms for a witch was Maga.

Hey if you lower your conditions for "winning" enough, then at some point you will be winning.

It may look they are randomly scrambling over each other, but really, they are working together for a common cause.

B-But user, being 70 is going to be a slow and painless death!

Simple. "MUH PR". That's why Gamergate died without fulfilling its original goals.

ban assault disorders

What if their symbols just keep popping up because they're 15 year old shitposters at heart and they just can't help themselves from sneaking in that fucking triangle with the eye one more time?

I'll ban you

Because you'll look like this.

Are you insinuating that Kek and Moloch are the same thing? I would wager that Kek was a competitor. Why else rise up with the young neckbeards in opposition to the current powers?

Don't forget that 2016 is the year of the Fire Monkey.

It is the battle of the fire gods in the year of the fire monkey, only one can reign supreme.

Think of all the communities that got together.
Communities that fucking HATE each other, fuck there were furries actively involved , and weren't told to fuck off. It was a weird time.

LOOK AT IT, YOU LOOK AT IT.

Anyway, I don't know if video games are going to get any better, but hopefully the "journalists" will be less shitty.

Gaming journalism is seen far and wide as a joke, Gawker is dead, and people like Anita are limping away from gaming and licking their wounds. We won.

What a surprise, you act like an unprofessional asshat in a public facing, and people take you seriously. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

WEAPONIZED AUTISM WINS AGAIN

we expect one in the wreckage

Man this sure feels good

And SJWs are licking their axe-wounds because trannies have no foresight

Not if you become an immortal loli in the process
Imagine user, a world devastated by kikery, where technology has been lost and people have to resort to the old ways. Imagine mankind being guided to a new era of prosperity, unified by devotion to their new leaders. Imagine a bunch of neckbeards in immortal loli bodies leading the world to a brighter future

stay mad

As it always was
Hulk Hogan
While you were busy looking at Anita, things like That Dragon Cancer, The Witness and Nu Male's Sky came out.

Yes I will always be ass-blasted that you destroyed Gamergate with "MUH PR" bullshit, reddit.

speak for yourself, according to the article we're just a bunch of teenagers so i don't know about you but i have my whole life ahead of me yet

Praise be.

It's more the thought that every time /bane/ said the fire rises, they could have been trying to awaken Kek.

I never liked Breitbart either, but I'm curious as to whether we've shifted the political landscape by increasing its popularity.

They say, trying to make us stop.

Anons pls, I'm sure being a loli sounds wonderful but…god damn it, please don't make me choose between being an old man or a loli

You're killing me

isn't that the "game" were the father tried to cash in on his son disease? wtf it has to do with gg?

even the clique gave them shit what are you even on about

Yeah, I'm surprised more people haven't put this one together yet.

No it wasn't
And yet Gawker themselves blame GG
So some games came out that suck and get ridiculed?

Face it friend, we won. Hell, I'll go a step further. Not only have we won, but we have boosted up new and better gaming sites to replace the ones that took a shit all over the hobby.

Also what the fuck is up with the picture in that article?
Why does this look like the poster to a serious crime movie?

Better to die for what you love than to live alone.

And drive hordes of normalfags here that will turn this place into 4chan?

FUCK THAT

Nay, we achieved the goals we set for ourselves, but that only means we must set new goals.

It's your choice user, either lead the way to a brighter future with us and our new bodies, or die peacefully in your bed, alone and unloved

The more I really start to look at it, the less it makes sense.

Hue
What a faggot.

Nice to see GG got validated, though.

What's the nest step of our master plan?
Crashing this industry?

That comes later.

Meanwhile Hulk Hogan did more damage by fucking a girl than a thousand angry autists. Gamergate is just a autistic circlejerk

Are you redditors really so cucked you don't understand the entire point behind these non-games? To change the definition of game?

lol
All OP says is that GG was an annoyance. Gawker lost 7 figures in one year and earns 43million per year. Delude yourself into thinking GG did it all you want. It is simply not true.
See the first part of my post. Like holy shit how can you redditors not even know how Common Core is all part of this shit? How fucking new are you?
If you set the bar for "winning" low enough then eventually you will win.

Whether you faggots he's talking about came with us from 4chan or you're from reddit, I want you to know that I'm proud of you. Godspeed, and lurk more.

After that the sky will cease to be the limit, and we'll spread it across the stars

Um, you can't say #gam*rgat* on this board

THE GERBER GARTERS

C-Can I be a shota? Or do I have to be a girl?

Only if you have a feminine penis.

I'm proud of you all. Makes me glad this entire sexism / outrage fad died down and people are seeing that it was all a load of BS.

I guess you could go futa if you really need to. If you try to go shota you might be ostracized by the rest, so take it at your own risk.

Why limit it to the stars? If we've actually moved over to the Berenstain universe, that means we can move to other universes.

And we know EXACTLY how to do it too.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for revealing yourself.
Read the actual article friend.
See the first part of my post. Like holy shit how can you redditors not even know how Common Core is all part of this shit? How fucking new are you?
They can make whatever games they want, and they financially fail. They want walking simulators? Cool, we'll make fun of them.
See previous post

I'm sorry that gamergate haunts your nightmares SJW, but we won. Deal with it.

And it isn't working. Even now normalfags are realizing how empty and void of gameplay NMS is. That Dragon is pretty much forgotten.

It's a fucking travesty, but what can we do about it? No, really, what can I do as a non-american.

Let's make this shit real. The nips have been emulating our culture long enough, let's take a good plan from the gook man

I like the sound of that

Confirmed for underage faggot. Believe it or not, there was a time that people actually liked reading about, talking about, and discussing video games on the internet. You were probably 3 or 4.

Funny how Max in his article doesn't list him as one of the people that killed Gawker.

All of these have been critically panned by anyone that isn't a SJW. Besides, are you actually suggesting that one of GG's objectives was stopping video games (even the shit ones) from coming out?

He's just a mad shill.

Hulk Hogan also had a legit case against them ,the question is:
if a bunch of misguided autists managed to do enough damage that eventually the company itself could no longer pretend that all was peachy and had to aknowledge them as a thorn in their sides , then how much more could've been achieved if those autists actually had a case ?

one can only dream

A war fought not by firearms, but by shitpositng and smug anime girls.

Has science gone too far?

Kemomimi are actually any kind of animal ears, rather than Nekomimi which are specifically cat ears.

I still have the original docs for CATastrophe somewhere. I should finally get around to turning it into a playable splatbook.

A-All right…

You win.

Why are we still giving them attention?

There's a bright future ahead of you user

The only good thing GG did is that it finally created a viable alternative to halfcuck. The industry practices and quality of games still sucks as much shit now as it did before. Nothing changed there and I never cared about the clickbait journoshit. Still, I do appreciate that it created a liferaft to a semi decent imageboard.

Well organized Social Justice warrior propaganda foiled by a bunch of spergs, a furry avatarfag, and a degenerate gay journalist with a poop-deck full of black semen

I still love this.

People were less apt to shitpost in the days when connecting to the internet took time and effort and not every schlub and their dog had it in their pocket on a device designed for retards.

I seem to have lost it, but I distinctly remember someone writing a newspaper article about how we managed to make anime a symbol of the far right.

One of the most important elements of gamergate was turning social justice into a joke

More important than taking down gawker t b h

I better be keeping my brown hair and eyes, otherwise I'm gonna be verrrry salty

The delusion thickens I see.
Yeah feel free. Also feel free to do some rudimentary math. But that requires you pass a reality check first.
Interracial porn has never made a profit. Yet still it is the most prevalent porn.
I'm literally berating you for being a bunch of cucks who don't hound SJWs enough and you want to turn around and call ME and SJW? Holy shit are you one of those people who say communism has never been tried?

That's not important. The important thing is to get them out there and make sure people think of them as games.
You could have refused to cuck yourself over "MUH PR" and kept the raging crusade going. Instead you killed Gamergate.

archive.is/AKGZq
Found it.

You need casus belli

You can manufacture it, but you still need it.

And there's also tales of redemption

-$10

Yeah excuse me for living in the fucking present instead of 15 years ago. Because that's how long its been since gaming journalism was considered even remotely credible.
Funny how you ignore any actual evidence that it is him just because he doesn't get a mention in a lawsuit case he did and bled Gawker for everything they're worth.
As already stated that was never important. The important thing is making walking simulators into an actual accepted genre of games, which it is rapidly becoming.
Wow the retardedness. The point of Gamergate was (at first until you redditor PRcucks killed it) to fucking destroy the people who were pushing non-games into the mainstream. But a newfag redditor like you would never know that.

I miss GG when it wasn't full of Redditors.
At least you faggots finally brought down Gawker. May it start a chain reaction bringing the end of clickbait.

Half of /gg/ were liberals back then, too

I was trying to tell you guys to fucking bite the bullet and start going to right-wing media to carry the story, and it kept getting shot down by all the leftists that jumped into the movement and kept repeating the lie to themselves that MSNBC or CNN would, any day now, tell the story straight without lies.

At least it probably redpilled a few of them on how the mainstream media actually functions. I'm sure even more have jumped ship seeing it repeating with Bernie and Trump all over again.

Pic related.

GG, Trump, even South Park showed people they weren't alone in thinking it's fucking dumb. They united a group of people that had been divided over generations.

The "tailored generation" of SJWs is a farce instead of a guiding beacon.

All I'd say is beware the heel turn. A lot of people will feign being against SJW to get cred, then they'll push their own agendas, or set someone else up.

Always question what you're being told or sold.
Always dig into those people.
Keep the internet uncensored and free.

How would anyone do this? Try to stop me from drawing a stick figure.

Ah yes more ignoring reality when someone blows you the fuck out.

>(picks up megaphone) geez, don't mind me everybody, I will just silently retire for a couple of days, I hope you won't miss me too much (I know I'm so important to all of you, Internet).
Twitter is fucking cancer.

Keep throwing strawmen, reddit. After that you can have nightmares about people who might break your PR code.

-$10

If anime can be used as a political and an harassment weapon, there is no reason we can't achieve greater things with it

You can if you want to

Gamergate won.

Deal with it, intl virgins.

But anime butts cause rape

I'm actually glad that it took a long time, since going straight to the right wing would alienate the left/neutral GG who needed the red pill to ease in.

You failed faggot, look at you you didn't stop me from drawing a shitty stick figure.

These last two years must have been really hard for gawker

and nothing can make me happier

Liberal here, only neo-liberals believe this.

Well then, good.

…what are we gonna do bout monster girls though? That part never got mentioned

Considering we managed to convince some Africans that Ebola-chan was real, we need to find the limit of what they can do.

Here's the (You) you crave

Target openly said they're allowing transfags to use the bathroom they want, and just now said they're going to be installing private bathrooms in every store.

Has been a minor hit to their profits, probably because Target was making it out like they're oh-so-righteous when most people don't give a shit about bathrooms.

Don't forget "hackers on steroids" bit from Fox News.

Holy shit. Holla Forums has massive delusions of grandeur. No wonder those fags come into other boards and act like they own the place. They think the world leaders are shaking in their boots at the thought of their mighty circlejerk.

Sadly there's not going to be monster girls. Aside from the production cost of monster girl features they could be actually confused as a real monster and spread dissent among our flock

We need to keep studying anime, there could be yet untapped potential in chinese drawings, more than we can even imagine

there is only one kind of liberal
you agree with them about everything or you are not one of them and literally Hitler
stop trying to pretend otherwise

I forget who, but there was a mangaka that threw drew this, so clearly we have something.

That's putting it mildly, talk about anything that's come out within the last year even remotely positively and you'll get a gaggle of dedicated autists jumping down your throat bawling about you being a shill

I report 'em but I don't see anything done about 'em, at this point I figure they're friends of the mods or it's that "it's just their opinion" spiel

That was just around (or maybe slightly before) the time normalfags started stealing our memes and really shitting up halfchan.
I blame the Holla Forumstards who crossposted on reddit.
I want to go back before 2011. People say halfchan started dying after 2007, but it was still usable up until 2011. That's when all the bigger boards got terminal cancer. Holla Forums was getting better after awhile, but then the whole Zoe Quinn shit happened and everybody realised how fucked the site truly was. The normalfags had invaded it from the inside.

You said that gaming journalism was "always" a joke. Yeah, it was 15 years ago, but you're still wrong.

We're talking about an article that lists 6 reasons for Gawker's death, and Hulk Hogan isn't on it. So, you're wrong.

Making fun of, and generally shitting on bad games isn't important? Walking simulators are not in danger of killing all gaming.

Well, if you keep changing the objectives of GG then you can keep saying it never meets it's objectives.

You lost kiddo. Deal with it.

The past is gone and will never come back. We can only shape the future to become the present we wish to experience.

Awww….

Well, heres to me living to 70 and god knows when I'll be reborn as a brown-haired loli

kek
How long until Denton kills himself?

C'mon, don't be a no-fun guy. I just want to use the word neo-liberal so we can complete this neo race.

Who says he's going to get the opportunity? He got a pretty big loan from a Russian gangster before this.

Please quote where I said that.
Ok I'm sure his lawsuit did nothing. You are right going bankrupt over the Hulk Hogan lawsuit never had any impact. It was those 7 figures you made them lose. Not the 9 figures Hulk Hogan took in one fell swoop.

See and there was much more back then. But you fucking newfags won't remember jack shit about that and filter it out of your mind because you are useful idiots.
I'm stating the actual objective before redditurds like you came screaming about PR.

They're fucking dying, and we're pissing on them.

top kek

not soon enough

They still didn't stop after reddit went to total shit in 2009.
If you told them to actually have some self-respect and to stop using the site they'd just say "WHY DO YOU CARE FAGGOT I'LL DO WHAT I WANT IT'S NOT HURTING ANYBODY :::^^^))))" obviously they didn't use the shitposting face as that wasn't a thing at the time.
How fucking wrong they were. I wonder if they regret it? Or if they even realise they're the reason the site turned to shit?
They're probably the same people who came to halfchan after the "HACKERS ON STEROIDS" thing.

Please point out where you blew anyone out shill? All I see is a kid being silly.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh shit I forgot about the Russian. That's actually better then him an heroing.

Indeed, we just need to find a way to harness it correctly

We're all going to make it someday user

Reddit was never good. It was just a rip-off of Digg, which was also shit from the beginning.

Every time an anime butt appears an SJW gets raped.

So again, you're one of those "communism has never been tried" people right? Or do you have some way of explaining how shills are supposedly telling you to attack and destroy the people they are shilling for harder?

I can't wait to see tactical anti-anime platoons created.

Hade na Kangofu(派手な看護婦).

Draws a manga about a T H I C C witch.
>>>/a/516613

Nobody's saying that Hulk isn't the primary reason for Gawker's death. But, by their own admission GG did substantial damage to it. You can cry on and on about how PR killed GG but this is still true.

Holla Forums has always been convinced that they are the one thing holding back the secret jew conspiracy from final victory. It used to be funny but now they go too far with their paranoid bullshit on this board and others.

Ammit-chan, I'm so sorry I'm such a pussy

You seem to have misread what I said.
I never said the site was good, I said it turned to absolute shit.
It was always a bad, but nowhere near as bad as it became in 2009. It went from being generic shitty website to an honest fucking cesspool in the span of a few weeks, if not days.

Feelio when we'll never get nice anime ass like that in regular broadcasts ever again due to Western influence and feminism.

Good luck to them then, I'm behind 7000 smug anime girls

It could be worked out. We'll need to show our might every once in a while to keep things in order. A platoon of monster girls could do the trick

They told me gamergate was just 300 dudes in their basements.

You are already doomed.

When did that one guy behind reddit that wanted it to be for free speech commit suicide over the government fucking with him?

Not even the strongest anti-anime teams wont be able to defeat that.

doesn't matter what I believe, this is what liberals believe

Holla Forums tried their damned hardest to disprove Einstein and years of scientific study solely because he was a jew.

Badly phrased. I meant that Gamergate didn't cause a big difference. Before or after Gamergate, video games journalism was "always" seen as a joke. "Always" meaning in the near vicinity of Gamergate on both sides (before and after). My apologies. It was my fault.
Actually it seems like a lot of people in this thread is saying that. You're not and you won't get blamed for their stupidity.
I have not and will not deny the damage we did. I consistently mention the 7 figures that came out of Denton's mouth. But that was a long time ago and Gawker has long since recuperated those losses.

Early 2013.
Aaron Swartz did way more than just help make reddit, man.
He was also one of the guys behind IRC chats and he was a major force against the anti-SOPA movement.

It's true, I'm just saying, if you ever have to call yourself this or that you are part of the problem.

Ok, I'll step back and assume you're not a shill, although you should feel ashamed for posting "lol" non ironically. But stop trying to redefine GGs goals. GG was never about "stopping walking simulators" and you damn well know it. And again, read the article. He literally names GG as one of Gawkers biggest problems.

And just so you know, I support the "attack attack attack" line of GG, which GG did, and now Gawker is dead. Gawker is dead, and GG was a major cause. Hogan body slammed it, but we gave him the setup. We unintentionally tag teamed those slimy bastards.

This is a huge victory for GG. Is it the end? No. It won't be over until every fucking last stinking SJW gives up trying to infest gaming with bullshit identity politics. They can make all the walking sims they want. So long as they're critically panned and shat on, I'm happy.

And in the meantime? I'll be smugging like a mad man. As you should be.

Sorry, he was a major force behind the anti-SOPA movement.

The smug anime girl is the pinnacle of human creation, and might even extend further beyond. All resistance will be neutralized under the impenetrable coat of smug

This is the only logical conclusion we can draw from the fact that 80% of women in the world having been raped. It's all the anime butts

We're going to have robot girls if I have to make them real myself, and to that end I'm studying electrical engineering. You should be studying genetic modification, user. The cards are all turning in our favor, but WE STILL HAVE TO PLAY THEM. You can't just sit back and expect the future to happen without making it happen yourself.

Lamias or Positronic Brains, who will get there first? Each and every one of us has a duty to see our future through to the end in our own ways. Don't disappoint us. Don't disappoint yourself.

I can't wait.

Might want to up your reading comprehension, nigger.

Face it, GamerGate did what hollywood couldn't do.

You first, redditor.
Fuck off redditor.
Stop ignoring reality, redditor. Like holy shit if NOT TRUSTING journalism isn't the lesson you've learned from GG then what have you learned.
Pretty sure you didn't publish his sex tape or made him aware of it, no.
If you set the bar low enough…
Too bad you won't do anything because you killed Gamergate and worry all your life about PR.

It's a weird thing, considering that their break-up was easily among the most mature break-ups I've ever seen on the internet, which is to say, they basically didn't even mention it. I still feel very guilty about this.

I really miss the fun we had

I was studying software development only because I need to get a decent paying job if I want to live decently and keep my anime figures, but I might have found a new purpose for this. When the loli calls, I'll be ready

It's a terrifying thought indeed. Here's hoping the nips know better

So true. The SPJ "journalist" responsible for reaching out to gamergays was a fat Jew jazz reviewer who chose an idiot highschooler to do all the planning and logistics, the only good thing that came out of that clusterfuck was goons calling in a bomb threat

he's still going

Why would we never get anime ass in subs again? I mean KLK was pretty recent, there's still quite a bit of ecchi anime.

Japan has been the US's puppet state ever since the end of WW2, leftist influences however barely made any change in the country since the Asama-Sanso incident in 1972.

"Maga" literally means "female wizard" in Portuguese and Spanish.

Yeah, confirmed shill. Fuck off back to SA. Eat shit and die SJW.

no, what they did was point out that he lifted his work from others. which is true.

Cry more, libtard.

So again, you're one of those "communism has never been tried" people right? Or do you have some way of explaining how shills are supposedly telling you to attack and destroy the people they are shilling for harder?

Loving the goon butthurt ITT. How're Francostein and Abe these days? Still unemployed?

Cause GG did what few ever did. Told them to fuck off. In their minds they are a pinnacle of morality, and anyone who disagrees with them must be the worst scum of the universe.

The funniest part of that long spiel of doublethink was how he's constantly portraying those who worked at Gawker as just misunderstood guys who were fighting the system, maaaaan, and even when he admits that there was wrongdoing, he follows it up with "yeah well goobergobblers are just pissy manbabies" or "it's not MY fault Thiel didn't want to be outed" or "fuck you hoke hogan" or whatever.

Then he has the gall to wonder why Gawker got zero sympathy from anyone during the trial. Gee, you think maybe it's because you were a glorified gossip rag using your influence to ruin anyone's lives you saw fit?

At least he kind of admitted to that in the end when he said that, paraphrasing, Gawker had turned from the little guy punching up to a big media company punching down, and the masses on social media (who you really can't go much farther below) didn't take kindly to that. But still, it took like thousands of words to reach that conclusion while also trying to throw one last jab at anyone who opposed them along the way.

Good fucking riddance. May Univision's investment crash and burn on them, and may Gawker be remembered as a case study in how not to run a media company.

Come back when you've seen more than 20 series in your entire lifetime, you omega ultra miracle demon stupendous perfect casual.

How about you stop calling people redditors, or come up with something better? I've never been to reddit and I doubt anyone in this thread has.

All people are saying is that GG won. You seem to disagree, because

Ok I'll set the bar at "Gawker being fucking shut down." Kotaku is done. SoJus is done. I don't care if Hulk is responsible, I don't care if Reddit is responsible. Nobody will ever call Gamers dead again. We won. Deal with it.

nice counter arguments

Not yet.

Also not yet.

Hold the fucking bar
What about all the other journalist outlets out there like Polygon and whatever the fuck they were.

How about you stop being redditors?
Then read the replies to my posts instead of making shit up redditor.
SJWs are being fucking churned out of colleges, high school and universities all the fucking time you goddamn retarded redditor. The destruction of videogames are moving ahead as planned because you stop at a petty gossip network because of worries of PR. Fuck off redditor.

Yeah they have gone round the bend. Holla Forums used to have a purpose but now they are just an annoying embarassment. It's sad.

When I entered the thread this banner appeared.

You can still torrent clean BD's which I'm sure you already know, feels like you're exaggerating the problem.

You're going to get ignored at best. You can't stop useful idiots form being useful idiots.

Yeah, I'm a little premature on that. At least Polygon is a laughing stock these days.

Just shut up. You aren't even arguing anymore.

GamerGate wouldn't have worked if it wasn't a collaboration between Holla Forums and Holla Forums.

You weren't even arguing in the first place, redditor.

Yeah no

The problem is that these things are no longer aired during regularly scheduled broadcast, and waiting for BD's is for fagstorms. When you watch 30+ shows a season, you just don't have time to come back for some otherwise completely average seasonal fanservice show after it's been uncensored.

Nobody is going to believe the truth anymore dude. They're too blind in their own narratives by now.

Holla Forums after the first exodus was great, its mostly been downhill since. Not coincidentally that also is part of why Holla Forums stopped helping with gamergate. Holla Forums harbor really fucked up our Holla Forums.

And this has what to do with Holla Forums? SJWs are losing ground in the video game industry and vidya journalism is coming under much harsher scrutiny, if you want to do something outside of that don't drag GG into it. Make your own damned movement, Holla Forums

I choose… To get swole and bully all you lolis

Like I said, Holla Forums used to be a very good board who contributed a lot besides just GG. Nowadays? A pale shadow of their former selves. No more political thunderdome, only national socialism allowed on pain of banning. Unironically doing unpaid campaign work for a main stream presidential candidate. All the actual talented diggers and theorists are long gone. Now they just circle jerk and bother other boards.

And literally worship memes. It's actually gotten to /r9k/ levels

The anti-christian/pro-christian shitposting turned me off from Holla Forums it was like visiting /christian/ except with people with an even thinner skin.

And guess what? GG's in a coma because Holla Forums thinks it's compromised, Holla Forums thinks they're gay because they didn't do something (I've never been clear on what Holla Forums wanted them to do, go after AAA maybe?), Acid Man is incredibly not proactive (and is the only one who seems to have half a decent head on his shoulders aside from Mombot's long term plan that was great), and the election year getting Holla Forums all up in a dander more than usual. I can't wait for Trump to be elected so Holla Forums (and the occasional actual retard from Holla Forums) stops shitposting. Also, Holla Forums should really start planning for when Trump is elected, a lot of his right hand men are jews (it's the nature of the business) and he still supports more NSA spying which isn't good for anyone. These are problems that can be solved with foresight. Also, remember that Ben Garrison is always right, March of Tyranny and all that.

Half of that is Holla Forums false flagging as Holla Forums on other boards to try to astroturf resentment. It's extremely obvious most of the time.

Regardless of the mud-flinging that's popped up in this thread, I think it's important to note that GamerGate still actually mattered. It wasn't all for nothing, which is what a lot of detractors and shills had been screaming from day one.

This is truth, however. In the first year of GamerGate it was a huge collaborative effort between the then massive numbers of people making up GamerGate (when the board was in the top three on the site), Holla Forums, and Holla Forums.

It's kinda sad that the alliance has broken away, but for a short while it was a legitimately amazing machine to see. Everything worked so well, so efficiently. Everybody had a common goal, and it was beautiful.

MAXIMUM SMUG ACHIEVED!

Colbert's career has gone down hill ever since that.

Yeah, you're a confirmed shill because you just doubled down on your claim that GG is about "stopping walking simulators." Either you're a shill, nuts, or terminally stupid. Also your points have been refuted multiple times by multiple anons, you screaming "redditor" doesn't a BTFO make. And communism? That's all you got? How pathetic are you?

The goals weren't "stop walking simulators you sad fucking goon, and Gawker is dead. Tell me, do you still see gamergate in your cereal? Do you check your closet for gamergate before you got to bed? It must've really fucked your head up to have you here on a friday night fighting for Gawkers honor.

You know it's funny, all Pagan shitposting has disappeared and Christian shitposting has galvanized along with their withdrawal.

There are already dedicated boards for pagan/christian shitposting. I fail to see why ?pol/ needs to be littered with threads.

Made a poster with the image in question!

Just that alone makes this outcome amazing.

I eagerly await the day I can toast the demise of Killscreen and/or Destructoid.

That's the secret.

The best hiding place is in plain sight.

THEY KNOW

Someone else .webm this, I don't have the tools installed in this laptop.

We have, but in ways you would never have imagined.

4chan created "Five Guys Burgers and Fries", a simple meme that caught on fire. That evolved into gamergate. Gamergate was a catalyst in itself for the rise of the alt-right movement, embracing casual Holla Forumstards, reddit's redpill types, disgruntled vidya turbonerds all together.

Sure, we hate it for being cancerous as fuck, but that unholy unity resulted in the idolization of figures like Milo Yiannopoulos, who personified the "troll-lite" movement most frequently seen on KiA, ramping it up a but, making himself harder to attack by being a gay jewish yuropoor who loves black cock (and there's nothing we love more than irony). Brietbart seized on it, capitalizing on the entire movement as a whole, which is why they pulled Milo in. And it spread. Beyond reddit, pulling in disgruntled libertarians and conservatives, managing to appeal to almost all millennials and pre-millennials that loathe political correctness.

Really, much of that same sentiment could be attributed to the rise of Trump. Look at the strings here, and who pulled them in the first place.

Cuckchan Holla Forums, on the verge of its own apocalypse, was partially responsible for Trump's pseudo-mainstream popularity.

What, IA? He's still around, just under a different name now. Every time he gets too popular, he goes underground for a while and then starts a new channel.

The faggot doesn't do videos anymore.

The death of a thousand cuts.

Every day, all year around, we watched for them to fuck up, and we were there, to remind everyone, and boy did they make a lot of fuck ups.

Gamergate, or really the aware public isn't an organized mob, it's just an ever present entity, waiting, watching, and cutting here, cutting there.

I want to destroy CNN.

youtube.com/watch?v=DcBVwRVoBIA

Nihilist faggot of the highest degree.

Where do we spend our skill points in for the future conflict of tomorrow?

ah noice, so there's hope for him yet

Look at this goalpost moving fuck. He thinks it's our job to stop idiots from making mistakes.

These faggots are our enemies, and the idiots who buy these games aren't us.

Never stop your enemy from making a mistake.

I bet ab1292 thought it was our job to protect his little ass from buying NMS.

You always need that person who tells you to beware the ides of march.

I'd keep them around, they can get annoying, but they have a useful purpose by always suspecting everything.

Why would anyone do that?!

I have to admit, some Holla Forums ideas are funny and to the point, like (((echoes))) - when the Jews tried to "reverse" the meme to prove how stronk and independent they are, they played on the meme's hands by helping it to achieve its goals (helping to identify anti-white Jews in the media and associate them to the bullshit they're saying). It was a stroke of genius. If only they had more of these epiphanies and less "can't stump the trump da joos did it pass me the tinfoil cuck porn degeneracy", we could unite and achieve big things.

Have the music video.

Like I said, he'll get popular, then get tired of it, drop everything, go underground and make a new channel a few months later. Not the first time it's happened, iirc. Great way to shed an annoying fanbase.

Isn't this the baby cop from Breaking Bad?

Do we go into politics/the election now?

We have clear evidence of DNC corruption . . .

pic

that's a shit video user. do you have a link to the source so i can make a better webm?

these are the times i really notice how long life actually is
to think that if we weren't all fat fucks living off of industrialized food we might live to see hundred year anniversaries of our favorite rock bands or historical events like wars, things that are still fresh in everyone's head

He just did the compilation of stuff he shitposted on twitter because some guy asked him.

Big Boss protects us all user.