YOOOOOOOOOOO

YOOOOOOOOOOO

Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunagas Ambition thread nerds. I'm bored as fuck and decided to pick this shit up again over the weekend - along with trying out the other games as well if they are any good. I'm also tempted to do a shitty playthrough of this to get people interested, last time a few fucking years ago was pretty fun.

Didn't Oda have the middle ground tenet? I think the Shisomething clan - the one in the sw - and the clan with the three dots on blue and some other one had PRGS.

It depends on the age. Once Nobunaga took over, the Oda clan took on the PRGS tennet while under Nobuhide they had NTRL

Is Nobunga's Ambition good? It's caught my eye several times.

The only one I got into was romance of the three kingdoms for psx but
JUST LISTEN TO THIS SONG

Pretty fun but it can get rather stagnant after a few games. Oda is especially guilty of this simply because once Nobunaga comes into power its more or less "Perform this Quest to achieve victory". Still definitely worth a pirate and a try - way too overpriced I feel - and more fun if you get to fuck around with it.

Any idea what the different retainer stats do? POL means better building and development, INT is diplomacy and talking to specific people, but LEA and VAL?

LEA and VAL are military-oriented. It's been a few years since I played and I'm too lazy to go through the tutorial again but I believe LEA means how easy it is to recruit soldiers and build fortifications while VAL makes routing harder to achieve for your enemies. INT is still the most important stat in warfare however.

LEAdership is training/raising troops and maintain moral, gives a boost to defence during combat.
VALor is how hard your character hit, how fast you fuck with enemies moral and also boost morale.

The best skill seems to be rushing the enemy leader.

So when I deploy an army with more than one officer, only the main guy's matters for in stats but all of them do for tactics?

I'll be damned if I can remember honestly but I'm pretty sure each units route value is dependent on their particular officers stat instead of the generals. Also, throw me some officers faggots.

I meant for units with more than one officer.

Ah. Main officer in that case while everybody else is mostly there for abilities I believe. Again, it's been years so I may be deadly wrong, take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Not like the manual's any good.

Let's just go with default settings and go wreck some shit.

This screenshot reminds me of gemfire/royal blood.

I am instantly interested.

Tell me more.

GSG-Lite in which you take control over a clan during the Sengoku period - or make your own complete with custom officers and the like - and attempt to unite Japan or follow the main Quest line if you are playing a major clan like Oda or Tokugawa. It's pretty light in depth but it's still pretty fun, arguably the only decent game of the sort Koei Tecmo released in recent memory.

Who else but Char?

Sounds neat, is magic still a thing or did they trade ancient wizards for bullets?

No magic shennanigans, only muskets. Unfortunately Muskets and Cavalary aren't actual units in of themselves, they are abilities given to an unit. The more Musketers or Horses in a unit, the more powerful the ability itself is. You also have one or two abilities per Officer leading a unit.

Not even Char himself could conquer Japan alone.

Why does China looks like a shit siland lost in the oceans

Ain't those chinks far too hairy to be chinks? I mean, they all look like babbies (at least the ones who get off the boats where i live.)