When the game got released it wasn't as bad as it could have been but wasn't that great either and everyone was just...

When the game got released it wasn't as bad as it could have been but wasn't that great either and everyone was just dickriding it.

I'm curious did the shilling pay off and did this AAA cashgrab or did it sell poorly? I've heard some say it sold terribly but others say it was a commercial success. EIther way I'm happy as long as companies don't turn every maze shooter like doom or marathon into a shitty painkiller knock off with terrible color palettes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)#Sales
please
vgchartz.com/weekly/42575/Global/
steamspy.com/app/379720
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hard to say. I don't think they've released sales numbers on all platforms, and I don't think they've ever said what the budget was for the game. It has a million steam sales so I don't think it was a flop, probably wasn't a big success though either because they'd probably brag about it then.

All in all it was a okay game, defiantly got shilled/pushed more than it deserved.

The singleplayer was actually really good. If only they made the multiplayer a traditional arena shooter instead of the loadout format

You can hate on the developers as much as you want but you still don't have shit against their composer

How many times have we had a DOOM thread saying "It wasn't that bad" in the starting sentence?

The music was obnoxious wub wub music though.

I've haven't played the game, but I know this game is fucking shit.

I still say it doesn't quite hold a candle to New Order's OST.

Oh would you fuck off already, nobody cares. anymore. It's released, it's mediocre, it's horribly unoptimized, snapmap is shit, glory kills did exactly what everyone said it did and fucked with the pacing and flow and in addition it's only one animation so you ned up seeing the same fucking thing over and over again and that's boring as hell. That's it. Done.

Except the game is the most optimized game released in the past 4 years

that's not dubstep. Are you deaf or just retarded?

you're right, I harbor no ill will for the mentally retarded, they know not what they do.

Who talks like this? Are you fresh off the boat from imgur or something? Gayboi.

he composed music for a triple a game, what are you doing with your life?

AAA is mostly shit though. NuDoom was better than average, but still so safe it was boring.
Basically

wheres the crack?

your opinion is irrelevant. he composed music for a popular and successful game, what are you doing with your life?

shit taste user.

Still better than the annoying looping midi on OG Doom. It's no Tetsuo: Iron Man, but still a kind of acceptable.

Doom WADS are B O R I N G

Are people too lazy to create a simple Doom spiritual successor with 3D enemies and physics on Unity?

If they did, you'd shit on it for being >unity

Find a doom wad that appeals to you. I guarantee there's at least one out there. doom has so many fucking wads that it's basically a genre in itself.

it's not the game's fault that you're too stupid to install a proper Soundfont or hook up a genuine Roland SC-55 compatible synth.

Yeah that's not good.

Game was scrapped pretty late on development and remade from zero so the budget must have been way higher than usual.
If we dont see another FPS from ID in less than 2 years, it flopped. Bethesda bought them to have their own yearly FPS release.

It was available for 40% off on Steam in the very first sale after launch.

There's a precedent for this, The Evil Within, another game published by Bethesda, also sold like complete shit and soon after it's release it was 40% off.

Dunno if that's enough proof for you.

I smell a pleb.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(2016_video_game)#Sales

please use archive.is/article/94944/doom-sales-reach-over-500k-on-pc-alone

Yes, totally flopped.

if you can post some numbers on what their development and marketing budgets are, then you might have an argument. i know i saw a fucking million doom ads and I don't even watch TV

Doesnt say anything. 500k is nothing, these AAA games have to sell like 10 million to break even

That doesn't help at all. Consolefags were their main target and half a million is nowhere near the budget of the game considering their ad campaign. I would rather have hard numbers on their console sales.

Sure, we have no idea whether it was a commercial success, but calling it a "flop" is a stretch too.

vgchartz.com/weekly/42575/Global/

PS4 - 1,153,684

Xbone - 562,653

PC (not on chart) - ~500K

So around 2 million in the US?

All these faggots who hope to replace Brutal Doom as the next big thing. It won't happen mate, no matter how envious you are.

But anyway, whether a game is success or flop has no bearing on whether or not it was a good game. NuDoom was an oldschool throwback, I wouldn't be surprised if Cowaduty kiddies weren't into it

Dismiss both of these stupid faggots.

steamspy.com/app/379720

So PC is actually 1mil+

I bought new Doom for half-off a day before release from a key site. From someone who's been a massive Doom fan from before the turn of the millennium, this game is okay. There's some stuff I really like and there's stuff I really dislike. I wouldn't say it's bad but it's certainly not quite what I wanted out of a Doom game. As far as the sales go, it probably didn't do gangbusters but I doubt it would be considered a commercial failure. I know "middle of the road" probably isn't the answer people here want, but that's what new Doom is, both in a financial sense and in a risktaking sense.

Okay now begin your mandatory excuse.

Why would anyone ruin classic doom like this?

By your logic, Witcher 1 sucks just because the first few hours are boring.

Doom 4's first level isn't representative of the rest of the game's gameplay. It might still suck or whatever, but the demo isn't proof either way.

I'll be perfectly honest, the first level in new Doom is fucking trash. The second one is only slightly better, but not by much. I was starting to get worried that all the levels would be boring linear snoozefests, but the third level shut me the hell up. Four stories of non-linear pathways, and you can just kind of go do the things you need to do in any order you want to.

Bethesda were fucking morons to make a demo of the first level and not the third level.

It wasn't that bad. Played on nightmare it was at least somewhat challenging and it ran well and looked good. It was mainly limited because of the forced press X to awesome gameplay, but I think that only dropped it to mediocre. That's something that mods will be able to fix. I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale as there's nothing else out there that pushes PC hardware and I like seeing those limits pushed.

These still arent bad sales, the fact that a game could sell millions and still be considered a flop in a publishers eyes now is still disgusting.

But of course on thing to consider with Nu Doom is how much it cost to make, given that they scraped that CoD reskin but with the Doom name slapped onto it.

(HH dubs checked)
D4D could be so much better. They really needed to work on the enemy's a bit more and as is it's very unbalanced. They could have at least made the ammo a universal commodity instead of giving you ammo for weapons your not using. For starter what's the point of having a shotgun if you have no ammo? Hell, I don't even know how to code but I was at least able to figure out a work around to do it with the MoonMan wad so that class can have custom load-outs. Making all the weapons use similar ammo or at least making Shells and Bullets universal ammo would have been one solution. I looked at what they are currently doing with Slade and it's not working as intended. It is always spawning the wrong ammo for some reason. Haven't spend enough time looking through the Decorates to fix it yet but I might decided to spend some times with tweaking D4D because it has some potential. Most importantly though the enemies need to be fine tuned and made to behave a bit more like their nudoom counterparts. I also hate to say it probably needs the glory kills just for the iframes.

Pirate when?

That doesn't stop the fact it shows off some of the key problems with the game, including three easy to spot turn-offs.
If that doesn't turn you off I don't know what does.
The demo showed me all I needed to see, no "great" level design would save that.

fucking DEFINITELY

I think it's a pretty gud shooter.

This game is pretty gud. Holla Forums faggots are using the gory kills as an excuse to hate it because they cant pirate it yet.

Did you even play doom1&2?
regular shotgun was obsolete after like 10 levels in the first one

IIRC it was cracked quickly. Like a week or two I think.

I bet half the faggots complaining it isn't as good as OG Doom haven't actually played it / weren't even nutstains in their mama's underwear when it was released

What I saw was the game running as 1000+ frames and that currently impossible in all bench marks I can find. The fuck is going on?

pretty much, OG Doom is literally a meme game on this board

Why put it in then? Why make them reward you with health and ammo? By that fact alone the game is built with the player doing as many as possible.
I haven't played Doom 1 or 2 for fucking years, but it's my understanding that they never had cutscenes in them, except for when you complete the game. Disregarding that fact alone, having them unskippable is unforgiving enough, and yet you're doing it anyway.
What a pointless thing to say.
If that were true, that still doesn't prevent them from criticizing this game.

Your posts reek of either reddit or shilling. If it's the former, you need to go back. If it's the latter, it better pay well.

Doom2 had only 1 or 2 intermission texts before reaching the end, Doom1 only had texts/scenes after completing an episode.

All were skippable.

REMINDER TO EVERYONE

This was the composer who blackmailed the guys at KI from giving orchid her original classic costume under the threat that he would stop making music.

would have been nice but we all know he had no intention of honoring that "threat", you can't take anything a betacuck numale says seriously especially when it involves them. see: all the lies from NuMale's Cry dev.

Sadly the still did as he said. He has since been replaced by Celler Dweller, however.

I beg to differ, this entire video is just him talking about how he shat on perfectly good music by distorting the sound waves with analogue equipment.

That's not good composition, its the epitome of hipsterism when it comes to making music and any sane person who takes pride in his work would not reach into his anus pull pieces of shit out of his colon and then try to sell the sounds him and his anus make when he is doing these god awful things music. Most actual composers with real talent have too much pride to do things like that.

Um, someone actually did put 3d models in doom. Look up Hunter's Moon. FIrst level in the starter pack has 500 enemies all 3d models crammed into one level.

Um, no it wasn't, you needed to use it a lot throughout the entire game because you'd never have enough ammo for the chaingun, plasma, or RL on a consistent basis if you fired them all the time. And it killed zombiemen and imps in one hit.

thank god, I mean it dosen't look like an outright failure but it wasn't a massive commercial sucsess either, I know the development costs were big and I sure as hell know how big its marketing campaign was.

Glad they got punished for turning an actually interesting and atmospheric maze shooter with good music into painkiller 2: halo in hell edition featuring shitty hipster wubshit.

also did double duty as a hitscan sniper rifle, this even applies when you have the double-barrel in doom2.

if any gun could be argued as becoming obsolete it's the pistol and that's still a matter for debate since you might want to use it on distance enemies to conserve shotgun shells.

yeah, even the fist dosen't become obsolete because the berserker packs allow you to actually kill demons faster by punching them than with the chainsaw. Those berserker packs are so useful.

Pistol I'd argue is obsolete once you get chaingun, shotgun shells are pretty abundant in all the doom games and its basically the weapon you use for most of the game. Its really only useful as a reserve weapon early on.

pretty much this, there might be an infintesimal chance that you will waste a bullet from using the chaingun in short bursts, oh no I lost a bullet big fuckin deal. and if you're one of the autists that wants to do every level from a pistol start then it obviously has some utility there.

Took you long enough. And in that amount of time that's all you could come up with? Despicable.

You nitpick about three small aspects of the game, one completely optional aspect added ostensibly because some people like, one aspect which is arguably a mistake which doesn't affect gameplay, and one of which is completely aesthetic and also doesn't affect the gameplay.

Yet somehow the game is LE RUINED.

If you had instead actually critiqued the gameplay or mechanics you might be worth listening to.

Criticism is fine, "I don't like a thing, therefore it's bad" is not criticism, which is 90% of what Holla Forums does

Yes you do you fucking faggot. I've seen gameplay and enemies drop very little ammo if you don't do glory kills. They still drop health like piƱatas when you're close to death which is so convenient it makes the game a joke on anything but the highest difficulty.

Nice downplaying you faggot.
I assume that is this about the glory kills. Surely they added it to the game with the belief that it would improve the game in the eyes of all, and yet there are complaints that it slows the pacing down. Why add something to a game if only some people are going to like it?
Other than bring the pace down to a fucking crawl.
I have no idea what you're talking about here.
This entire post is so fucking retarded and doesn't actually refute anything I've said.
You're a total faggot, who's only line of attack is to downplay what someone else says. Make the world a better place by offing yourself as soon as you can my friend.

You didn't like

1) glory kills

Optional. Skipping them has the benefit of making the game harder, which some people complained about

Why do anything unless 100% of people like something indeed!

2) unskippable cutscenes

Annoying, but doesn't affect gameplay

3) shotgun noises

Aesthetic. Doesn't affect gameplay

when did I say it was too hard? retard

There is a difference between a challenge and a boring waste of time, playing a game in a way other than it was meant to be played often just results in the latter.

You'll waste ammo and have to trial and error your way through encounters with damage sponge enemies more often if you don't glory kill; that's not a challenge, that's just a boring waste of time. Its like choosing to play halo on legendary without the pistol. Its just masochism.

Like another user said, you still get hp from their corpses, so it doesn't make it harder at all.
Yes it does, because it slows the game down.
Who is complaining about the shotgun sounds? And you called me autistic? You should swallow one of those shotguns you like the sound of so much.
You seriously have no idea what you're doing, and I doubt that you've played the game, not the people criticizing it.

>>>/cuckchan/

There's that word again. The game was designed around their inclusion, so even if you ignore them that doesn't remove their impact on the rest of the game - level design becoming much more lax and less focused on smart pickup placement and movement between those. Shit design elements don't exist in a vacuum.

>game has upgrades for abilities AND weapons, unskippable plot sections that bring gameplay to a screeching halt, and press-X-to-awesome scripted quicktime events glory kills.

NuDoom is far, far closer to Call of Duty than any retro game and you know it, shill. It's practically CoD's sibling.

It's a strange hybrid to be sure. I feel like at least some of the people working on it really wanted it to be closer to a classic shooter but they couldn't help but tack on modern shit like progresison systems and unskippable cutscenes. For a game that seems to make a point by having the protagonist smash screens in the first couple of cutscenes it sure doesn't hesitate to put some actual unskippable cutscenes just so you don't forget that this was made in CURRENT YEAR. It's a long shot but I hope that in the inevitable sequel they drop at least some of these shitty elements.

If it's a mechanic in the game, what's preventing me from using it? Are you telling me that whipping in all directions in Super Castlevania IV is entirely optional and shouldn't be done if you want a challenge? Whether it's OPTIONAL or not depends on the developer's intentions, and from the many developer interviews I've seen, Glory Kills existing solely as a crutch doesn't seem to be the case. It's rather there to look cool and 'keep the flow going'. Which means not having to worry about managing resources, adding unnecessary HP bloat to all monsters in order to make the mechanic itself viable at all which then also necessitates a smaller amount of enemies and a smaller level layout.

If it were truly optional, then there'd be some kind of punishment for overusing it, like a score penalty or some other kind of negative effect. But there isn't, and you're telling me to NOT use all the mechanics in the game to my advantage if I want a true challenge, which is goes against the design principles of pretty much any game which require you to use all tools at your disposal. Then that speaks miles for the game itself, if the game and difficulty are balanced around this mechanic which there is no incentive for me not to use other than challenge runs. But if a challenge run is the only way to play a game in order to make it interesting, you fucked up.

you can disable them in the options menu

It took more than 3 weeks for sure.
The version of Denuvo it's using was only cracked last week or something like that.

That was a virus posted by a troll, it's still not cracked. Only one exploit was found and patched.

Oh, okay then.

It has nothing to do with being hard, it has to do with it being not fun. Constantly having to use the piddly infinite ammo gun because you don't get ammo, and having to shoot weak as mooks 6 times with a shotgun before they die isn't FUN. It took 2 shots in the original games, it takes 2 shots to get them to glory kill mode, so they simply should have died instead of forcing you to watch a 2 second cutscene or make the game 8 times longer and feel like shit.

quads confirm, even the pistol can kill the weakest enemies in about 2-4 shots if you don't go for a headshot or do a glory kill in nuDoom then it can be upwards of over a dozen shots to kill them and even a charge shot isn't an instant kill for the first enemy you encounter.

Incidentally the nuDoom weapons ported to Doom 1 is really fun, gee I wonder why.

One punctuation error and the whole sentence fucks up.

*Quads confirm, even the pistol can kill the weakest enemies in about 2-4 shots. If you don't go for a headshot or do a glory kill in nuDoom then it can be upwards of over a dozen shots to kill them and even a charge shot isn't an instant kill for the first enemy you encounter.

What are you talking about? The shotgun was my favorite weapon in the game. I went through majority of the game playing with the shotgun.

Saving is also optional so I can't complain about the saves always being corrupted?

Reminder that some anons are plebs and deserve to be choked to death with dick.

He might be good with other stuff, but here he just vomited wub wub all over the place

The game was purposefully designed around glory kills and the rip and tear meme

fuck you user and fuck your shit tier composer.

NuDOOM wasn't DOOM but it was a good FPS with flaws. Probably the best modern FPS I can think of in a while.
I didn't buy it because Bethesda is my most hated company but I can admit the game is solid so I played a friends steam copy.

I like original doom very much, but it's not my favourite game, that would go to quake, half life or serious Sam. With that said I didn't like new doom that much. My main problem is that it's way to easy. Peopple always responds to posts like this, "lol just dont do glory kills" but it's impossible, theres so few hours packs around the level. If it was original game I'd give it 5/10 and say, me, it was kinds cool. But as a doom game it fails

monster pinatas are a poorly disguised implementation of regenerating health