Metroid Prime: Federation Force Final Boss & Ending

youtube.com/watch?v=R5INxySBmDo

HOLY WHY

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/blhzP
twitter.com/Arbys/status/766666909290987520?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the game looks fun! is this for PS1?

Well hey, now we know that Samus is actually in the game.
No reason to complain now, right?

Jesus fucking Christ
This tops the charts for successful means of shitting on devoted franchises. Holy fucking shit.

THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE FRANCHISE THEY ARE SUPPOSEDLY WORKING ON

Was there joy in any of this?

fuck.

There are already two threads on this but whatever.

Even if you never played metroid 2, the super metroid intro makes it clear it happens literally right after. There is no excuse.

i feel nothing anymore

Either sell the IP to a dev that will actually respect the IP or just kill it.

WEW nintendo you've done it again

wow deep
fuck you metroid fans

Miss me yet?

Well that's one franchise dead

why's she so small btw?

lol they pretty much tossed the Metroid fanbase a turd sandwich.

because she hasnt been in a game in years.

sakurai isn't returning, so both samus and ridley will be in

This entire game is a cruel joke

oh no

honestly, I'm kinda thankful that Nintendo isn't making a new Custom Robo now.

fu. Nintendo

DON'T FORGET THE CLIFFHANGER AT THE VERY END

No

We did it lads Metroid is dead, here's to another 30 years of zelda rehashes.

Just fuck my shit up

But hey, giant samus, if thats your thing.

But I love Ridley
This isn't fair

I don't even ask why at this point.
With the whole fiasco about AM2R a few weeks ago, there is no way they can turn this around.
Not like they were trying to anyway.

Why can't nice things happen user
Kek is supposed to be the dawn after dark

Even Kek knows there's no hope left in Metroid. Nintendo's fuckery is too strong.

Reminder; This is the only time Nintendo even mentioned Metroid's 30th anniversary

(checked)

What was the cliffhanger?

I think it's about time people accept that Metroid as a franchise is dead.

Stylux or whatever his name was (the hunter who hates Samus from MPH) appears and opens the Metroid egg

I think Gundam has it right. Side stories almost never mention or feature characters from major works.

Also, chibi style Samus is kinda hot.

what

Wow! That cliffhanger! My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that! I can't wait for Metroid Prime: Federation Force 2! This is a wonderful start of a new franchise! Also, I'd like to learn more about this Samus character. Is he an old Federation Force member? :D

JUST

Metroid has always been shit, you casuals

independent of the retardation of fighting Samus, this game looks like fucking garbage

Oh, stop your bitchin'. Nintendo has every right to do what they want with their IP. Get over it. You don't like it, don't play it.

Well meme'd, my friend!

Nintendog pls

When will this meme end?

Play Metroid 2.

why do bad things happen to good things

I have no words for this.

But the egg already hatched.

Remember that interview months ago when they promised that Samus would still be in the game?

do you not understand why people are upset

Prove me wrong

You can't even prove your point.

Man, that's just bad. Was Iwata really the only thing holding back the torrential downpour of shit from Nintendo

Yeah I can

Metroid is shit. Has more shit games than good games. Metroid 1 is antiquated garbage that has shit gameplay. Metroid 2 needs a remake in Game Maker to be good. Super Metroid is a meme game for casuals to think they're hardcore. The Prime series was for FPS-babbies. Fusion was linear, Zero Mission was shit. Other M. Need I go on?

>With the whole fiasco about AM2R a few weeks ago

W-what happened?
I didn't really pay any attention and just though that a fan remake was released and that was it.
Did Jewtendo DMCA them?

Exactly.

i genuinely feel bad for you

You are truly a retard.

Other M is still worse.

There goes your whole fucking argument. That term itself is fucking overused by people that don't even know what they're talking about.

I need to play that again

Shoo shoo oldboy-man

Go fuck your daughter and stop ruining Metroid

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMUS

I'm really starting to hate Nintendo

You are a huge faggot and deserve to be hated

context of fighting samus and watching her just get crushed by some rubble aside, how the fucki does a giant ball remotely constitute for a final boss

U wot m8?

I mean I knew Chibi TF2 with Space Pirates was going to suck. But I'm kind of impressed how much Nintendo clearly just want Samua to go away for good.

I honeatly can't decide if this or Metal Gear Zombies has made my week worse.

Can someone explain how this is bad? I've never played any Metroid game.

Well, of course you didn't actually kill her. You freed her from some form of mind control, then she escaped when the rubble fell.

Useful idiots

Metroidbabbies are a cancer.

Here's your (((You)))

What did he mean by this?

You, Link, are the hero of Koridai!

Real talk, lads. How much of the outrage at Federation Force isn't because of what it is, but because after the dump that Other M took on the Metroid series, we just really want a good game with the Metroid soul like Super and Prime had and can't wait for it any longer?

Well, there you have it. That's out story. Samus is dead.

Goodnight.

It's a mix of that, and the fact that Federation Force looks genuinely terrible.

I don't mind the idea of Samus taking a back seat in some kind of spin off, but this game just looks fucking garbage. Four player coop first person shooters are also incredibly bland and uninspired, they also seem to completely miss the point of what makes Metroid… well, fun.

The fact that the game turns Samus into a really bad final boss where she spends over half of it inside a ball form is really just the icing on this shit sundae. As if Other M didn't ruin the character enough in the eyes of fans, we now literally spend her thirtieth birthday kicking the shit out of her.

ebic meme my friend

Dude, Federation Force at least a fully year into development before he died.

Honestly, had it been done alongside an actual main series game that showed promise to have learned from the blunder of Other M, I don't think people would have cared nearly as much about the series also seeing a spin-off no one asked for. But since this is all they're putting out after Other M (which was nearly six years ago), it's that much worse.

Combine that with slapping AM2R with DMCAs (thankfully being too slow that the game actually released before they did), it's a big fuck you to the fanbase.

Its over guys! Bad guys lose we are the bad goys for wanting a better game, no more metroid for giajin scum now!

Longer than that, it was in development before the DSi was revealed.

P-P-Pretendos!

So she wasn't playable in Federation Force because too big?

What are pretendos? Is this person being paid only if the game is a success?

That's like saying drowning to death is worse than burning to death, because at least you won't die thirsty.

Don't forget Dead Rising 4.

I find it impossible to follow every lolcow thats active.

So who takes less care of their IP

What makes me angry is thar Nintendo will probably use this shit as an excuse for no more Metroid, in spite of the fact we never even got a 25th or 30th anniversary celebration or even acknowledgement, Arbys cared more on Twitter for it than Nintendo did themselves.

After 2015 I dont want to pay full price or buy Nintendo shit even.

Konami is trying without kojima and failing, Kojima would've left at some point or would've stopped working on the series anyways, so they're trying to make due with what they have.

Nintendo has dozens of people that could make a good metroid game but won't use them.

So I'm gonna go for nintendo

Well, she was small before turning a BIG BALL with 3 forms. Are the federation forces in giant mech suits compared to hers because she looks chibi in comparison and design. Are we sure she wasn't just an animated key chain made to believe she was Samus?

You forgot

So I think the real running is, does Nintendo hate Metroid more than Capcom hates Mega Man?

The answer is yes, because Capcom didn't have the creator of Mega Man (not Inajewme) run down by a car on an nearly empty street.

Nah, I don't believe that's real. There is no way somebody could put that into a game. nah.

Why does it look like a psone game?

Super was fantastic and ground breaking for its time, no wonder people are all over it ever since.
Even today it's a pretty solid game, much better than most modern 2D games.
Zero fixed everything was wrong with Super though, it's the single best Metroid game and is one of the best 2D exploration games ever made. I really want to hear why do you think it's bad.
The rest of your post is spot on though. Dear god Prime games were horrible, and just to think they managed to make it even worse with MOM.

Because 3DS is handheld PS1 equivalent.
But it's ok when nintendo does it. Don't you dare to criticize it.

Guys, I think maybe you've got it all wrong. Maybe this was for the best. Maybe the only way to save Samus, was to kill her.

The fact that you think is
serious is pretty sad.

As someone who couldn't give less of a shit about this boring series, this is fucking fantastic. And I thought the ridleyfags were autistic.

Because he's right for the most part? Majority of Metroid franchise are mediocre or outright bad games, with Super and Zero still dragging it across "Classics" territory.

please explain user, it's sound like good dirt

Yeah, MH4U would totally work on PS1.

That guy's right, the only good games are Super, Zero mission and fusion.

NES controls like ass, 2 controls meh and looks terrible, the prime games have shit gameplay and design

Nintendrones love Nintendo so much they shit on past Nintendo games.

Why are you doing this?

PS1 did get dual analog controller you know.

Epic

Nintendrones think this is acceptable.

Jesus Christ, I heard that in a nasally voice.

I mostly agree with you.

Also, the franchise would not have even half as many fans if Samus was a man.

You're right, I shouldn't have bit such lazy bait.

They knew exactly what they were doing

It's already better than Other M

Here's some low % AM2R to lighten the mood

got any screen grabs?

Pretendo detected

What the fuck did i just watch?

Samus gets sized up by "amplification ray" then turns into a morph ball (maybe defensively to try limiting damage to FF) and then it turns into Blast Ball, this just feels cartoony and not really appropriate for the Metroid universe (unless weaponizing the amplification ray was some part of the games story)

Why could they have used the Master Brain/Mother Brain knock off rolling around the stage instead, would that have made a better anniversary boss fight?

Fight a homage to an "old" enemy but shoot it into the electric walls like "current" Blast Ball goals.

1. We keep getting shitty games like FF and Other M

2. We get a masterpiece to rival Prime and Super

3. Nothing, it dies.

you're retarded, because it makes sense to be between Corruption and Return of Samus. But I don't know the story of Fed Force so i'm basing this off of years alone.

20X5
20X8
20X6

You missed factoring a variable, the X.

Because of the 0 before of X and the number 6, we can safely assume it's not the year 2095 or later. since 20X8 + 8 ≈2106.
Therefore, it could be the year 2096 as of Fed Force and therefore takes place several years after Metroid Prime 3. Assuming Metroid Prime 3 takes place in the same year. Even then, just remove Y from X and you get 20X6, the correct year for Federation Force.
Fuck off.

Even with the cliff hanger, everyone involved with this project needs to be sacked. Never have I seen such a great IP be wasted in such a way. The people that ok'd this should be fired as well. This pretty much implies that we are not getting a decent metroid game unless some ancient Mesopotamian prophecy is completed.

I'm actually impressed.
I couldn't think of any way they could have handled it worse.

also holy fuck does the ENTIRE game take itself this seriously?
I'm totally okay with having silly looking games have serious moments, but I'm under the impression that this game wants to be treated like one of the actual Prime games while also looking like Chibi fucking Robo

Gumpei Jukoy the creator of the series and creator of the Original Gameboy quit Nintendo after his latest creation the Virtual Boy flopped and founded his own company whit his own hand held sistem called the Wonderswan
Rumor says that Nintendo thought he intentionally savotaged the Virtual Boy and had their Yakuza ties ram his car into a sandwich killing him on the spot
It has never been confirmed though and probably never will

the only bad games in the series where Other M and this crap
Every other Metroid mops the flor with most 2d games of their generation, there is a reason this game crated it's own genere

Nintendo sure does appreciate its history. Can't wait for there to be a Legend of Zelda game where you shoot Zelda and Link. :^) Fucking Nintendo.

TES franchise has always been shit tho

I have no problem with this. Once she is dead, there can be no more games. It is the way it has to be

Kill yourself, Holla Forumstard. And you can burn in hell for trying to drag anime girls down with you.

When the memeteor wipes out most of civilization, laws against murder no longer apply and we can go on a hipster retard witch hunt.

This franchise needs to fucking die. Be put out of its misery.

Don't you guys think that nintendo is leaving behind two giant fan bases that are either not being catered to or being severely betrayed?

Like, there's a giant potential here for some other company to make not-metroid (some alien exploration game in a suit) and not-starfox (some furry third person shooter with tanks and airships).

Then there's also megaman fanbase which capcom doesn't give a flying fuck about.

It looks like a really good business decision to start developing some alternative right now.

What other fanbases are being completely ignored?

This guy is also still bitching about people against censorship and games coming out uncensored.
archive.is/blhzP

Its even sadder considering that these fanbases are only getting shitty indie titles that fail to live up to any potential.

Samus as a boss fight could have been pretty sweet. Having to work as a team against someone who has more powerful versions of all of your powers and equipment would be kind of cool. Instead we got a giant ball trying to ram into you.

if you bought a single game from them in the last 10 years you deserve this.

You forgot the "#BlackLivesMatter" bit of the monologue and making Zelda a black quadsexual Trans-am Mayonnaise.

user. You suck at this.

She does this after telling Link to scrub all the floors in hyrule

That only happens because they use unity instead of unreal or cry-engine.

Oh user, of course it sucks. I'm pretending to be Nintendo.

I think the most disappointing part is that it took them so long to figure out such a simple boss, and then they needed to spam healing items to stay alive.

I just wanted a western Samus Aran game again. Because, let's be honest folks, most of the good Metroids will not come from Japan.

Finishing watching it.
Samus comes back and saves the players twice, and then the credits roll. Credits reveal that pretty much no one from NoJ worked on this. It was entirely an NoA project which might explain why they did this instead of even attempting a legitimate Metroid game.

After credit secret shows some guy sneaking into a room and hatching the Baby Metroid.

He's pulling a Trump.

If he says he doesn't know what the fans want, they'll kill him. He has to double down on his shit even tho he may be wrong. The only difference between him and Trump is Fils can get fired anytime and Trump is gonna build a big beautiful wall.

I wonder what Capcom will do for Mega Man's 30th next year? Maybe they'll release a game in which you just rape, murder, and dismember Roll while she pleads for you to stop.

Go away Cody.

Reggie has gone to far.

Crapcom is probably thinking about hiring Inafraudne for the 30th aniversary game

I don't usually trust Nigger Stalin, but this seems legitemate.

gotta admit i had way too many keks at that OP pic

I'd enjoy that

I can see it being legitimate if only because any person with half a brain knows there needs to be a new classic metroid. But even considering the best case scenario which is that one actual metroid game is being done as we speak, the question remains : Why the fuck was Fed Farce made ?

How long have we been wishing for the series to have a high note?
And I still want to play AM2R, damn it.

Atmospherically, it feels like a Star Fox game, and I think I could enjoy a spinoff like that with it. If its co-op had online functionality. I can't remember the last time I used my 3DS for local co-op since it's such a dead scene.

Wait, it can't be the baby metroid as that was hatched in front of Samus in metroid 2.

Is NoA seriously that incompetent that they don't know metroids own lore?

No, I'm pretty sure that's a different Baby Metroid.

All you fags thinking she got killed, you're retarded. She saves you two times withing five minutes after you "kill" her.

Why do people still support Nintendo? What do they see in them?

"The guy" is Sylux, from the Hunters game. He also cameos at the end of Prime 3. So at LEAST it looks like they're going in some sort of direction involving Sylux, which is cool because along with Trace, he's the best part of the expanded lore imo.

My guess is that there will probably be at least another mainline Metroid Prime, probably on the NX.

it's not about she didn't get killed, it's about you fighting and defeating samus at metroid's 30th annivesary

it's like releasing a game at god of war's annivesary where kratos walks around crossdressed as a sissy and gets raped by dickwolfes

On one hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U wasn't powerful enough or they couldn't get development in time for whatever Retro wanted to do with a Metroid Prime 4 (assuming they're not just making another Donkey Kong Country game, which I actually wouldn't mind because Tropical Freeze was very solid). On the other hand, that's no excuse for Nintendo to at least commission a 2D Metroid game to another, more competent company just to pacify the fans.

Its because of nostalgia people had of the company when they were kids, thats what mainly kept Nintendo afloat especially with all the casuals around the Wii and DS hardware. That or its because most of the people defending this game in particular are kids who either can't play m-rated games or whos parents can't afford more than one game console, so its the best they can get.

Or more like if they did this for Zelda's 30th anniversary since the series is turning 30 this year. People would go insane if they made something like Fed Farce for that series, but because this is Metroid fans are "entitled" and "unpleasable".

Also to note - this was developed by the same people who developed Mario Strikers, Punch-Out Wii, and Luigi's Mansion 2. I think the fact they're from Canada may have something to do with why the final boss is a huge "fuck you" to the fans.

Those were all good games though

Sounds better than The Last of Gods of War. The Walking Gods of War. Life (as a God of War) is Strange. Gone Home (to Greece).

Crossdressing/bestiality of War sounds a bit more interesting than whatever the hell kind of walking simulator they showed at E3.

I didn't have space jump or super missiles in that area. I played the demo up to this point because that area frustrated the shit out of me. This webm was incredible.

I want to be angry. I want to be furious about how they treated this series, but much like a lot of us here, we've become numb to all of this. I have no one to blame but myself for having any hope after how they've treated (or even acknowledge) their other IPs, but seeing this ending and how fucking terrible the game is is just them rubbing the salt in the wounds of hurt Metroid fans. If the rumors are true and Nintendo really is trying to get out of the vidya industry, the least they can do is let these IPs rest in peace instead of torturing them like this.

Reggie handles himself well here, but this time the fans are a bit better equipped. People aren't just whining that it looks different, because it looks. But the Zelda team went for the Wind Waker cel-shaded style because they were focusing on the perspective that Link was a child. It was a brighter, sometimes sillier and sometimes darker tale than its Zelda counterparts.

But if you take those differences out, it's still a Zelda game. It's about adventure. It's about exploration. You may be sailing the ocean blue now, but you still must defeat Ganondorf. Its sillier moments were not unlike what we got in Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess or even Majora's Mask. It was very differently set out, but it knew exactly what people loved about Zelda and that's why it worked.

Does Federation Force understand that, though?

The mechanics are there, many visuals are similar, but so many things throw it off. The worst for me is the music. It feels like something from Star Fox Assault, or some other sweeping ground sci-fi adventure. It doesn't have the atmosphere of Metroid. Where Fed Force tries to evoke, Metroid invited risk.

Yes, the game should feel different since you're not Samus, you're a Federation trooper. But why is it that when reviewing the game footage, I feel far more of a Star Fox vibe than I do a Metroid vibe? Fed Force is bright and colourful with a sweeping orchestra that just invites adventure of a different brand that Metroid was about. I think a co-op game in an eerie Metroid environment could work. I think you could take the traditional Metroid mechanics, plus some new ones, and use them to create some obstacles that people could work around, but still feel that sense of alien exploration that each Metroid game's tried to invoke. I don't think Next Level set out for that.

then again I fully admit I've only watched footage of the game but I'll be fucking astonished if it plays any more like Metroid
And we can all fucking agree this is better than Other M already, right?

Oh yeah, definitely, which makes the fact they're playing against their strengths all that much worse.

Ehhhhh, from what little I've played of Other M the one thing it had going for it is that the base gameplay and atmosphere felt more like a proper Metroid - mind you, they didn't executed it well, but at least the dev team came off as if they actually played a Metroid game. Which is why they should've let it go to Retro's B-team (Mario Kart 7) or Monster Games (who have ported DKCR and other Wii games to 3DS in the past), because this looks and feels like a NLG Game without the little things that make a NLG game so good.

I played it over at a buddies. It plays awful unless you have a new 3DS. If you have a new 3DS then you have the advantage of using the c-stick to look around when not locked on which makes the game control about as well as the first metroid prime. IN that scenario, the game plays like metroid prime 1 slower edition. Your movement speed is significantly slower, and your dodges are significantly weaker but at least it plays decently. No where near as good as good as Prime games do play, but adequate.
IF YOU DONT HAVE A NEW 3DS THOUGH YOUR 40 BUCKS WOULD BE BETTER OFF BUYING STAR FOX ZERO
If you lack the new 3DS your camera control function when not locked on is BOUND TO THE 3DS GYRO SCOPE. Making the game stupidly difficult to play. And I feel it was designed with this in mind. That means to slower gameplay was meant to accommodate people who didnt have the new 3DS. I dont even have the new 3DS.

tfw Arby's did more for the anniversary than nintendo

twitter.com/Arbys/status/766666909290987520?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Its Star Fox Adventures all over again

Well, since we're comparing Other M to games that aren't metroid, F.E.A.R. is better than Other M too.

Actually, the people working on this game were supposed to make a traditional Metroid game, the project was shelved by Nintendo because they wanted a shitty party game to introduce the Japanese market to FPSs.

I never played that, but that shit at least looked like a Zelda clone. This just looks like a slow, boring co op shooter

Kek

>no Ridley

That's a good thing, isn't it? Ridley is Samus' rival, we can't have just anyone beating him up

I- actually, no, you have a good point. If Ridley were involved he'd outright wipe the floor with the Federation Army, let alone these 4 schmucks.

I think it is mostly this. I honestly thought the game itself looked kind of fun, but still can't wrap my head around why they haven't released another proper metroid title which this game ties into.

Shit like this is why I try to stay out of the loop.

What the fuck did Nintendo do to Metroid?

I get the feeling that the game may have been initially designed as a new IP but someone stepped in and said to make it a Metroid game.

Keep in mind that Miyamoto threatened the Splatoon development team to come up with better characters or he'd take their idea and make it a Mario game.

ment for

Virtual Boy wasn't 'sabatoged', it simply didn't get anywhere close to Yokoi's vision for it due to blue and green LEDs being prohibitively expensive at the time.

Not everything is a giant conspiracy, sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

What's the context of this anyway?

It says it right there, it's an internet addiction treatment center. The kid's parents shipped him there because he wouldn't stop using the internet.

You're gonna have to go back, Edwardo.

She just gets big and morphs into the ball.
The final boss is a giant rolling ball.

Killed it. At least for the nearest future.
I guess should they make a proper Metroid the fans would come back and throw money at them in time, but as of now it's more that anyone who played the old ones just wants Jewtendo to stay away from the franchise.

You think they added that in because people hated Fed Force and Blast Ball that they decided to force it in as if to prove people they were wrong?

But it worked for Israel though.

Why did I watch the video.
Why.
Why.
Why must you hurt me like this.

The only word that came to mind was "WHY"

JUST FUCKING WHY.

thanks for the laugh

Most of the outrage is about the game being made with the current state the series was in.

Imagine if Mario disappeared for half a decade and then the first game he gets in years was a Mario Tennis title. On its own the game should be harmless but after such a terrible drought it comes off as insulting.

She saves the pc's twice after that. There's no uncertainty.

It's actually Sylux apparently, not that any of Hunters was memorable.

That's an insult to ps1, and I barely like the system

Apart from you guys being obnoxious kneejerk reactionary faggots, can we talk about the only actual weird thing in this game?

Why can you just zap an egg and make it instantly hatch?
Is that how babby is formed?

I wasn't sure about Samus being a boss fight either, but how many people ITT actually saw the full video? It's not that bad.