Shill Citizen Thread

Shill Citizen Thread

A cult meeting is due to start at Gamescom:

player.twitch.tv/?channel=starcitizen&html5 OR twitch.tv/starcitizen

They're doing a bunch of reveals for what they've been working on since last year's presentation.

Planets are probably going to make an appearance along with 2.6 / 2.7 announcements.

Maybe some shit on their aborted FPS idk
The fat guy managed to get out of hospital.
Cryengine's getting Vulkan support
Some gay ass ship got announced
Roberts has announced his own brand of espresso machines

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/starcitizen
globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp
twitchapps.com/tmi
scflyfree.com
archive.is/FT4aV
discord.gg/8gYxK
please
robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Surely it can't be worse than No Man's Sky.

Cultists you say?

This sounds like it's going to be a fun ride.

Cant wait for the suicides on this game once it releases and dies out.

twitch.tv/starcitizen

twitch.tv/starcitizen

twitch.tv/starcitizen

You'd think that.

globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp

The money for this project comes close to outranking Ghana in terms of military expenditure.

Equally, supposing we round the budget for this game to $120 million, and that a pack of sparklers costs around 2 dollars with 6 in the box, Roberts could have potentially supplied everyone in the United States with their own 20cm Sparkler.

He would also have the ability to pay off Tonga's 2012 national debt.

niggers, just tried the game for free

there was some mission to find out what happened on some base, best 10 minutes of gameplay in last 5 years

Look at this guy, it's a shill! Maybe he'll go away if we call him a shill hard enough!

the graphics are one of the best

But graphics =/= gameplay

This shit is STLL in development? How many years has it been?

bomb threat

Holy shit these mods are complete ass

Nearly 4.

Sorry for the Trip, fucking auto put it in.

Star Citizen is just the kind of salt I like, slow burning and extremely explosive once it reaches the surface.

disregard that, I suck cocks. Automated bot apparently doesn't like caps lock.

You're going to be disappointed if you're looking for explosive salt. SC isn't very likely to fail completely, it will simply have a good amount of bugs, bad performance and less features than promised. It won't be like NMS where there's a night and day difference between every video shown and every feature promised.

Who is this bitch and why does she have Hellboy's stone arm.

really?

I think it's just suppose to be some 40k inquisition.

The bitch that's about to give you a power fist prostate exam.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have audio!

Sandi's talking, nobody can hear her on stream.

It started and there is no sound…

Predictions for the stream? Joint suicide pact if they don't reach $200 million next year?

lol

who s that dumb bitch

Tested the game from this gamescom free fly thingy

Combat seems good enough, better than I thought it would be, they just need to not fuck up the whole rest of the game now. Particularly scaling it up to have a ton of people in battles, and also I'm worried that the cities and stuff on planets might be really static feeling. There's a whole lot of window dressing in the one that's in the game right now

I'll give you a stone arm~

And now the Hundred Million Dollar Man himself has arrived.

This was supposed to launch like 3 years ago right?

Is Chris Roberts drunk?

probably got an injection to stop from freaking out

Yes that is a thing now

Nah, just a voice that doesn't do well at any volume higher than regular speaking.

continue

This stream quality though…

Hey guise…
Elite: Dangerous…

HIGH AS FUCK

This game will never come out. It's going to be great drinking the delicious tears of all the people who backed this trainwreck of lies.

Yours truly,
Derek Smart

Guns in the future look and function exactly like current weaponry, but with more neon lights.
REALISTIC FUTURE

confession time
I was in the very first thousand of goyim that goyed out
I paid 5 bucks for the very first alpha/beta/spurdo access package.
I will never get them back and they will honeydick me with cute videos like this until I die of no freelancer 2 in my life.

MEAT COMING UP

I was an hour one backer.
Got my money back last year.

THE SALES HERE BOIS, OPEN YOUR ASS AND WALLETS FOR CHRIS.

I never use Twitch. Are all the in the chat from mods deleting shit?

If so, what the fuck? Mods are deleting everything in there.

>I never use Twitch. Are all the in the chat from mods deleting shit?
Yes.

protip: add /popout to the end of the URL, never see the chat again

I probably pay more attention to the development of the game than my friends who got swindled despite having spent nothing and probably won't until a version 1

Almost all of it is bots, they're getting set off by allcaps, spammed phrases, etc.

Actual human can't keep up with tens of thousands of people talking at once.

They delete and ban everything from that what includes the word "tickling".

To be fair guns that fire conventional bullets have basically reached a plateau in terms of technological improvement.

All that is left to improve are ergonomics and terminal ballistics for bullets, maybe introduce "smart" bullets for sniper rifles and the like.

Otherwise, there isn't all that much left to improve upon.

NMS softly burned

quality over quantity approach for planets and shit seems good

The only space games that have ever felt alive to me did that, freelancer and X series

You can watch live, what they delete. Something like
Or go to Twitch IRC, where they have no power to remove messages.

hahaha another victory for the mind blowing technology of no man's sky

Remember, 18 quintillion planets, unbelievable!

I saw something as benign as "So they are trying to compete with CS:GO with their shooter" deleted. There's definitely some guy deleting everything they see as derogatory.

radiant AI returns

They delete everything which is the actual point of a chat.

I

When you connect to irc.chat.twitch.tv with an IRC client, you can see the uncensored chat. You need to generate a password with twitchapps.com/tmi

or you could just click and it displays the message… it's not really a very effective system to sit there deleting them since that just makes people interested in clicking and reading it

Thank fuck they removed headbob.

Chris Roberts is insane. No amount of money would be enough to pull this level of "quality" off.

Wow they finally got rid of that fucking headbob.

Madness?
This is Star Citizen!

They've already built that expensive as fuck mocap studio for themselves, might as well use it now that it's there

It's all fake, there will never be such a game.

The average Star Citizen community member :^)

MY DICK IS DIAMONDS

Brexit confirmed???

I'll trade you an exclusive ship in Star Citizen for your diamond dick

this looks amazing

Maybe someone is just taking a flamethrower to the audience? :^)

DUDE LIKE THEY LANDED ON A PLANET. A PLANET CA N YOU BELIEVE IT? AN ACTUAL PLANET!!! NO MAN SKY DOESN'T EVEN HOLD A CANDLE AGAINST THIS MASTERPIECE. LIKE YOU CAN SEE FLAMES WHEN THE SHIP ENTERS THE ATMOSPHERE

The difference is that this planet actually looks good and doesn't have dinosaurs with bug heads

Well at the very least this makes No Man's Sky look like absolute dogshit.

What's the bet they hype this content up majorly like Star Marine then all of a sudden after 6 months of delays quietly forget about it?

I think it will simply be delayed. December launch is not very likely to happen. Maybe march or april.

if this ver comes out soon I might actually buy in on the lowest tier

Seems like it would be cool just to hang out in

It's all really really pretty, it just doesn't run well at all. Literally sub-10fps in the MMO part even on great hardware. They were saying that the netcode fix will come with this 3.0 version, so now it's down to that.

It's a scripted demo, which won't be on year PC for at least a year!

appearance:

reality:

The aesthetics and atmosphere can't be denied, but god damn does this game look like it's going to be a chore to fucking play.

That elevator will never work in a MMO unless they instance it heavily.

I guess they're banking on player interaction to fill in the holes. Corp hangouts and shit.

It'll be like Freelancer MP all over again, everyone just became pirates since it was the quickest way to make money.

I think in almost all cases you'll be able to skip it and just use the mobiglass. Maybe more important missions will be like this and simple ones go through mobiglass. I don't think they're dumb enough to force this 10-minute chore for every small mission.

Hopefully it will only be like this for the first mission you accept for a certain person, then you can just accept missions via the ingame app thing.

Shitizens will happily go through this every time.

If they're going to be as moddable as they're claiming there are going to be some autists modding the ever loving fuck out of it until it's the greatest star wars game ever made

thats for sure

man some the sound design on this is really good
some of best i've heard in a game in a long time

Another one over NMS I suppose.

That's probably more to do with loading assets tbh.

Derek, pls.

Now THIS I can get behind.

It's not a game. It's a scripted cutscene trailer.

star wars mods on freelancer servers were amazing

I prefer Elitie Dangerous' sound desgin more tbh.

But it's not.

well im not counting elite dangerous yet
since its not done

Neither is Star Citizen.

Well looks like you can pick up missions remotely as well with followup missions etc. after all.

facial animations still look worse than they did in hl2

Too bad the community was fucking awful

Notice how there is no real gun physics in the game. when you shoot the gun in zero G it doesn't fly you back and when you shoot corpses they don't react.

European guys were cool, willing to befriend some random idiot kid, and gave me free stuff to help me

Why is it that everyone is clamoring for landing on planets in space sims these days? It's in No Man's Buy, E:D, and scam citizen, and people seem enthusiastic about at least the idea of it, if not the actual execution.

I have NEVER wanted that feature. I play space games to be in fucking space. Going somewhere other than space is counterproductive to that end.

How in the goddamn fuck are they supposed to make the surface of an entire planet interesting enough that you can just land wherever and not be bored out of your skull after the third or fourth time? Planets are big.

KSP sort of gets around their planets being unapologetically lifeless, dull husks because you have to work your ass off to get to them, and then to get back alive.

If you can just drive on down in your space fighter whenever you want, I can't imagine any sense of wonder is going to last long.

You have been banned from this room.
Looks like the word "Derek" is on the shitlist

It's 2008 again!

PLAYER 2

It helps a lot when landing on planets is not the only feature your game has. In SC, the main purpose they serve is seamlessness, so that you're not arbitrarily blocked off. Maybe they'll have a role in mining, plus they offer some variety for dogfighting as well.

I know this is a pretty cynical place
but i do honestly hope this game turns out good
it be a shame to see all these models, sounds and textures wasted

Being able to exit your ship and land on a planet highly enhances the feeling that the space is "real" and that you're in it, not just looking through a window.

That's how I see it anyway.

wow it's like it's really crysis

YES MAN'S SKY

A crisis waiting to happen more like user :^)

I think most people do.

Seeing the salt flow is good, but getting a legitimately good game is much better in comparison, especially since they're such a rare occurrence nowadays, and double especially because this genre is so underrepresented yet highly demanded.

Aaand instantly into the sales

Looks like they are actually making progress.

Not with Christopher Lies Roberts at the helm.

user, this is what they do every year

They have 1 flashy but still buggy tech demo

And it's all to advertise the ships

nice ending

Progress in building up scripted fake mockups?

10/10 as usual for Shill Citizen.

Thanks for the update Chrissy boy ;)

Do you even know what "scripted" means?

you can play the game right now, it was free

Only thing worth hyping is the planet size and exploring.

He's been hanging out with peter molyneux a bit too much.

Are you actually retarded, mate?

You can play an incredibly shitty alpha that is extremely light on content and broken, and that's all they have after many years and 100 million bucks..

literally nobody enjoys arena commander and the PU alpha is unbearably shitty

That was a pretty big deal just randomly dropped at the end there. Being able to build your own shit is not a small feature, but then again the game is pretty robust at this point

You'd love No Man's Sky!

Less buggy than last year.
You mean they are trying to make money to fund the game?
Shocking, how can they get away with this!?!? :^)

buying ships IS the game.

I liked that mission where you had to find out what happened at that closed down space station

the event "citizen con" is aptly named

Player-built, player-maintained and player-defended cities, along with the 100% player-generated economy is what made SWG so magical.
Hearing the Prince of Lies casually throw features like that out there just makes my blood boil.

it looked pretty decent
another couple of years and this could actually be a pretty fun game

You know, it seems like the salt about Star Citizen comes from its detractors, rather than its supporters.

Everyone Star Citizen is having a Free Fly weekend, from now until Aug 22 play the game for free → scflyfree.com ← use code: gamescom2016

which game are you talking about? because star shitizen is anything but "robust"

It comes from both sides, but Holla Forums tends to get pissy when they actually show or release good things since Holla Forums has more people that religiously hate it than people who religiously love it

Guess the shill will reach (50) before the thread is done.

Can't wait for this to either turn into eve 2.0 with all the normalfags alienated or turned into a themepark with all the serious players alienated

yeah, I don't get it, unless you are some cuck that bought the game when it was not even in alpha then I see no problem with it. Found about a few months about the game, downloaded it for free, played it. It's the best shit that I played in years even in it's alpha phase.

There comes the monies…

is there any videogame from last years that you cucks like?

GTA V is pretty good

401ef9 is acting remarkably shilly. Regardless, free flight is free flight, if you've got the 100 billion GB space for it

It's easy to understand. It's all about resisting temptation, kind of like an exorcist.

GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN!

It is robust in the sense that the systems that integrate content seem to be pretty well designed. The AI manager, mission generator, the planet generator, the economy. It doesn't actually run well nor is it stable, but adding player-made settlements should not require them to turn the code upside down.

I'm convinced this is a shillbot and not a real poster.

no shill, don't buy the game until it's released, but you could at least be honest about it and admit it's looking good instead of playing the eternally butthurt "videogames are destroyed now" bitch

What a waste of trips.

Jesus christ.

fix'd

Really, really.

Is her name Coldmmissar Steel

Sounds hot.

Too late I'm already rock hard bay bay.

Is this shit online only?

moar money is raking in

Yes, the game client doesn't even start without a connection to their cloud servers.

It is really like a cult, sacrificing their wallets to the Chaos God of Kickstarters.

Forgot my pic

well, one less torrent to waste kb/mb on I guess

Apropos Squadron 42 cast:
Squadron 42 was scheduled for release this year.
Chris Scammer Roberts didn't lose a single word on it.

kilobyte per megabyte?

how can you waste the number 1024?

Also I think it's over 100GB

Currently it's 30 GB filled with about 25 GB of unused crap to make look big.

Liam Cunningham though.

Considering this is like the third year they've run a heavily scripted demo and pretended the actual game will be like this, I would fucking hope they're good at it by now.

Absolutely this.

Same shit whenever a new MMO is in development. HEY GUISE TORTANIC 2.0 NAO!!!!

Who's going to an hero first when Star Citizen comes out? Derek Smart.

That's true at least on this board. I don't have any specific expectations for the game other than that it will probably be at least a neat tech demo that has all of the basic features (FPS, flying in ships, going to planets) but will likely be clunky and will lack substantial content. Kinda like NMS but with less grind and more multiplayer.

I played it at my friends house a month ago, they have a small persistent universe, multiplayer, a couple ships at least, and shitty FPS gameplay. It isn't a good game but it isn't just .jpgs either.

post yfw you can't lose

wait, so they already scrapped the marine module thingy?

It's on hold indefinitely

what a waste of money. Well, I guess it's better than the alternative of them just pocketing it

You say that like it's a bad thing.

When they announced that, I was sure they weren't serious about actually releasing a game.

They hired a shitty company to make it and it is widely speculated that they scrapped it either because it was shit or because it couldn't merge with the main project (given how much they're changing the engine to make PU multiplayer work, I'm guessing the latter).

Apparently it's coming out with 2.6

Go figure

That pretty much is the massive reason for a lot of the fuck ups in development and a giant no no in development 101. If you are going to outsource a project to other studios make sure everyone is running the same fucking engine at least?

you might be right, I never really cared for it, it would have been awesome if it worked perfectly with the rest of the game, but chances of that are close to zero.

It's coming out on the next update, actually

archive.is/FT4aV

I find it hilarous how "journalists" hyped up One Man's Lie to the heavens only for it to turn out like shit, and now they are hyping up Shit Citizen as the "better" NMS, as if that were any kind of accomplishment.

What's the point of it? Don't they have FPS mechanics in the current playable build? What's so special about a deathmatch mode tacked on to the title screen?

Mostly just convenience. And I guess the RP of Star Marine being in-universe CoD

To add boarding FPS combat on top of the space sim part of the game.

There's already FPS combat in the current playable build. Star Marine is just taking the already existing mechanics and putting them in an arena mode that's separate from the rest of the game, like the dogfighting module thing.

I guess. It sounds like yet another massive waste of resources and effort, though. Like devoting an entire development team to work on a mini-game.

I was a golden ticket fag and backed during the first few days. Sold my pledge for a small profit and bought EDF, and in a day had played it longer than all the SC modules combined. Thanks chris!

Massive Realistic Space game in development for 3 years, makes a ton of progress each year

I can see Star Marine and Arena Commander being put in the game in those pac man type machines.

This will be the salt party to end all salt parties. The world shall drown in sodium. The fields shall be made unarable. Nothing shall ever be able to grow again.

When this bitch comes down, so may the entire industry. We really need to be getting as many retards to buy into it as possible.

Wow, it’s a shitty-looking Gary Oldman knockoff. They couldn’t afford to mocap the actual actor, I guess.

Wait, they actually GOT the real guy and it STILL looks this bad?!

Aww, they suckered him into it. Well, at least he got paid already.

Reminder that this is the halfchan group that curates the general on halfchan's /vg/ board.

Reminder that they have a pet mod that polices the thread 24/7 for any dissent against them or the game.

Reminder that they shill everywhere they can and they do it all for free.

I’ll venture that you’re autistic, since you can’t accurately parse emotion.

So has (84) been in this thread?

Also, another reminder that this tranny is a literal pillar of the star citizen community.

Some more stuff

any recent gameplay videos?

looks cool thanks.i'll be buying it when it comes out this year.

Four or five years, 120+ million dollarydoos and this is all they have?

Whew. No Man's Sky's failure is making some people too desperate. At least NMS didn't waste "crowd funded" money.

discord.gg/8gYxK

Gross.

nice circlejerk there ahmed want to come blow up the white house ?

What did he mean by this?

It still blows my mind that
still haven't produced a game.

This HAS to be a scam. There is no other way.
It's the 'long con'.

The maker is gonna get killed or sued.

No Man's Sky 2: The Citizening

They've spent a massive amount of time and money on the life simulator parts of the game, but the gameplay is still awful. Ship combat is worse than freelancer and the FPS combat is at the level of a Unity tutorial.
I wonder if it'll flop because of that or succeed. It reminds me of Gran Turismo, a game that focused more on being a car ownership simulator than a racing game. The physics were awful and the driving completely unrealistic but it had car jpegs that you could buy and take pictures of and the audience was fine with it.

NO SCAM, PLEASE BUY

Starmageddon
t
a
r
m
a
g
e
d
d
o
n

Meanwhile, Frontier just held their Elite Meet in Cologne were they announced that you can transfer ships and modules, the planetary landing got better, a new mission and ship launched fighters.

Also you can 3d print the fighters you are going start and you can switch between mothership and fighter during battle.

What do you mean "this is all"?
This latest gameplay demo looks better than anything out there.

What are y'all mad at?
star citizen isn't out yet, is it?
I paid 15 pounds for my copy of the game, and I'm going to play Star Citizen when it's finished.
Why are you all angry at RSI? The screenshots and trailers they've prepared shows good progress.

Does it? That's good. I've been trying to avoid Star citizen stuff after I put money towards it, let it surprise me.
Pay no attention to the smug anime.pngs.
As we all know the person behind them is clearly on a level of philosophical high ground we can't hope to outstrip.

How long, with your immense knowledge of game design, did you expect it to take?
TF2 took 4 years to make, and it was a two team fighter built by valve, one of the most celebrated games companies (at the time of course.)

Yep.
Nice greentext.

Her hair is out of regulation. This is my pet peeve on all "sexy military woman" art.

Maybe you will, maybe you won't. I'll wait until it's released to retail, then I'll wait for reviews from independent viewers I trust, then I'll wait even longer until it's on discount/sale. Why are you in such a hurry?

with the scope set by RSI? It'll never be finished.
That's the expected and actual outcomes.

they tried to make the game in cryengine, for fuck's sake. nothing about this says "professional" other than their astonishing burn rate

Sometimes I worry about Elite Dangerous. Will it ever have depth? Will the netcode ever be fixed? Just how jewish will the cosmetics get?

But at least I know I can always look over at Star Citizen and remember, "it could be worse."

I just tried playing ED for the first time in 6 months and there was all this "lore", pictures of people/factions I have no clue about. I've only got about 8 hours in the game prior to that. That's a lot of time to m. I guess I don't care about the netcode because I refuse to play in "open" mode, and I haven't played it enough to know if there's depth or not. All I know is that I'd probably have to spend a combined total of at least 30 hours reading instructions and playing the game to have any understanding of what's going on. I remember that it took me about 2hrs to experience everything the orginal Elite (I played Elite Plus on DOS) had to offer, and I thought that was an amazing game back when I played it in 199X.

but most of the time good graphics is a good indication that the devs put a lot of time into the game

If there weren't any people willing to pay money for promises the game wouldn't even exist
any publisher would have given it the MGS5 treatment, no one would have payed Chris Roberts $100M+ for an ambitious game that takes 5 years to make

Heavy Gear Assault looks better

whats the name of that company that supposedly developed that zeros in based on air flow, distance, gravitational pull and many other factors and gives you a fire mark when your sights are in a position that will hit the target.

It's better than No Man sky.

please use archive.is/star-citizen-30s-planetary-landing-blows-no-mans-sky-away/

Can't archive because video

This is an older video.

Compare this video to NMS's planet landing.

graphics =/= gameplay

Putting time into making the pixels look prettier doesn't mean shit. Yeah, it's pretty clear that the devs put a lot of work into Uncharted 4, but it's still a shit game.

I bet you are looking forward to Battlefield 1 you faggot.

uncharted is good, go kill yourself

Graphics aren't really the main selling point for battlefield

Aww, did I upset you by making fun of your favourite movie?

Make fun? You just said it was bad and that was just your opinion, I just responded with my opinion.

this demo looked really good. But there was bugger all actual GAME in the demo. Technically impressive as fuck, looks very polished. But again this means nothing when you're talking about a game that they're saying will support 1000s of players on the same server, I anticipate at least initially the game will fall on its arse.

Also everyone seems to forget that the game's multiplayer is F2P, its pay in for Squad 42 and alpha access. Unless that changed. But As I'm aware the intent was that the game would have no buy in and that the multiplayer is totally separate from the single player. I could be wrong though (business model wise it makes more sense for them to force a buyin with Squad 42).

See everyone in 6 years when its finally finished and still falling on its ass because the servers can't cope.

Oh. Okay. Well Uncharted is still shit, and you have shit taste.

Video of the entire gameplay section for 3.0.

Their environments are really detailed and comfy. I hope that someday there's something to actually do in them.

Also way too much bloom.

This looks like a game being made in reverse.

You don't have a copy of a game.
I have bad news for you: Star Citizen is never going to be finished. It's a scam.

there is something wrong with this .webm

you have 10 seconds to name what it is.

It's one fucking demo map created a year ago, where you can do basically nothing than run around.

They did it to impress game journos with it and once it served its purpose it got abandoned.

It's not a game, it's a scam.
1. Create fancy one use demo reels for game venues.
2. Impress game journos with it, so they do it for free.
3. Cash in more "crowdfunding" money.
4. Rinse and repeat every year.

no need for safety belts then

except you can actually play a load of it you idiot. DO you even have an account?

Go back to bed kid.

winrar, the guy filming should be smeared across the walls and ceiling from those maneuvers. they even built in a mechanic where the pilot can black or red out due to g-forces. anyone else on board remains unaffected

Looks great graphically, but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in terms of mechanics, which is what would actually keep you playing.

Also fuck bulletsponge enemies.

This, the game might release, it might even be good, but it will effectively only use a small percentage of its budget. What will happen is that by the time it releases they'll have gotten 300mil from gullible retards and spent around 50mil on the actual game.

wew lad.

Fighters don't have gravity generators, this is why.

You mean Star Marine shown in 2014 already? You already play it?

They don't spend any money on actual game development. That's why it is a scam.

Elite will just keep chugging along, releasing update after update as it's been doing. Not perfect, not by a longshot but I feel much more comfortable having spent money on that game then the alphas and demos of some company charging thousands of dollars for ships that dont exist yet.

Considering where they're located, considering how many studios are currently busy doing outsourced work for the company, considering the wildly unnecessary excesses of it's marketing machine, it's going to make a dent in it's budget, and not a small one. The only reason the project didn't burn and crashed in it's second year is that they have literally unlimited money.

I guess idiocy knows no bounds.

When this game releases as the massive flob it is, the fanboyism will be off the fucking charts.

Star Citizen's game engine has a maximum map size of 8000 by 8000 by 500 meters.
They did fit an entire solar system into 8 kilometers. This is the reason why everything glitches through everything.

you're a special kind of retarded

good

9:48 when they land on that planet..

the possibilities are endless

make cave systems dungeon like full of creators to clear them out

make race tracks on the planet

add mining with vehicles and all that shit, on some planets can even add farming

base building, as you collect resources and money you can open up your own corporation with other players and start building up colony outposts that in time develop into big cities…

Yes, that's exactly what you dumb consumers bought.

Possibilities.

It'd be worthwhile to shit on Star Citizen for its scope, not its technical foundation. A player-driven economy with a construction system is nothing compared to the amount of star systems they want to release.

Even Fallout had a construction system.

dreams are free

I had some fun in this map:

robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

with some effort they could make a minigame in it

I shit on it almost entirely because of economic reasons. It financed itself like it's some sort of unicorn of the gaming world with the money of hundred thousands of idiots as investors. I don't care if it becomes the ultimate game of the century by some miracle, I care about how it sustains and justifies itself.

The crucial difference is that there's no plan b if it fails. So you pumped the game with money so it can grow into supersize? Now what? How does it finance itself after their funds run dry? All their employees, servers and offices need their monthly dose of money. Normal startups raise money so they can make money at some point, but Star Citizen is a service sold as a product. This is the scam. This is where the dream and the magic gets crushed by reality. It hinges on disillusioned idiots pumping money into it, it's the superlative of the micro transactions model. The game will also never be finished so it can justify its shortcomings safely.

Real investors have exit strategies and insurances, liquidity events - at least something in their hands. Backers have nothing.

Why would you want to play a game when it is not in its best state? You don't move into a house during construction. They sell you fantasies and they're only able to because people are impatient and easily tempted. Yet the truth is, you don't miss out. You never miss out. Admitting that you've made a bad decision is also hard. Putting your blind trust in a company is almost always a terrible decision and is as bad as handling your investments and decisions with apathy.

You're never just crowdfunding games, you're crowdfunding companies with bad financial habits.

So why are you paying for something that is free?

don't be fooled by it's crowdfund, this is an AAA game, possibly the first one crowdfunded, it will sell as good as GTA or Far Cry or Call Of Duty.. just look how much that shit no man sky sold, the market will buy the shit out of Star Citizen when it's released.

yeah, just like the missing features/content list of star shitizen

so the market will never buy it, huh

This fucking game was doomed from the moment they decided to use the Cryengine A.K.A "the prettiest engine ever"

And how many people are left that didn't fund the game and who aren't aware of the unfinished state it is in? Not to mention the controversies surrounding this game. Take a good look at the reception No Mans Sky received and tell me what a good idea it will be to release" The next great space game" in late 2016.

what's wrong with cryengine? they provide the support. what should have they used instead?

2016? I can't see this game completed until 2018. And then, only the base game, missions and new content will be released each month, as I said in

There will be over 100 planets. Only 1 planet can have playable content for over 100 hours. Skyrim type dungeons, Fallout 4 type building, Simcity type management, NFS type races on planet, it's all up to the devs to release new content, it will be easy to do it once the base game is all set.

Financial habits which aren't dependant on traditional fund raising targets set by industry publishing monopolies. Being angry that studios can now be pre-paid the set amount of labour time necessary to carry out their vision is sort of pathetic.

You're comparing two sides of the same coin. Consumers had nothing in the first place; they waited for distribution to meet their needs, spent their cash, and on they went. Now consumers spend their cash and get the product. These companies operate under the same production process, and the same guarantee laws. Literally nothing has changed. The role the consumer plays in funding the product is just more explicit.

Because Cryengine has a lot of network issues, the devs don't have any experience with it ( that's why they hired the makers of sonic rise of lyric) and because they have spent a shit ton of money and time buying and re-writing the engine instead making their own>>10465629