Why aren't Holla Forums and /tg/ the best of bros?

Why aren't Holla Forums and /tg/ the best of bros?

We live in the age where game maker programs, online rpg systems and so on allow people in their own hovels/neetcaves to play rpgs together and lots of games like bloodlines and morrowind are beloved in vidya.

So why do Holla Forums and /tg/ never team up more?

You love the same subject matter, /tg/ always has pdf threads posting scans for every rpg system and plenty of games are just puzzle solving and random chance anyway.

This seems like a massive wasted opportunity.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tg/res/251032.html
8ch.net/tg/res/249306.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

electronic rpgs and tabletop rpgs are two different creatures, being good at one doesn't mean you're good at the other.

Holla Forums and /tg/ aren't single people, faggot

Is it really just letting the game do the numbers for you if its not an arpg?

Is this the designated shitposting thread?

I'm a sociopath and those games require too much getting to know people.

But we are. We crossboard all the time.

I just saw anons on both boards lately talking about interest in things like "Hunter: The Reckoning" and discussing the lewd nature of elves and with Autumn on its way it seems like a fun time to start some shit.

Actually role playing and role playing in a video game are very different things. In a video game you don't make up your entire personality etc. You just choose from a predetermined list of responses.

They're all designated shitposting threads, man.

You have forgotten how autistic Holla Forums can be with rpgs. Don't you remember the people buying "rp journals" for D3 and Skyrim before it came out?

Boy were they disappointed, but thats beside the point.

Holla Forums and /tg/ are still best bros, it's just hard for both of them to get shit done together

Monstergirls, rpgs and gimrdark cosmic horror bring neets together.

Get out of here Chad!, the principle says you will get suspended if you give anyone another swirly!

My dad is friends with the principal, nerd. He won't suspend me. I only get warnings.

You seem to be talking back today ? Oh you got a friend over. Butt-buddy confidence soaring, eh ?
Tg huh? LOL he is a bigger loser than you. He brought cards eh ?
Gimme those cards nerds and I might not shove you into the trash can again.

Oh no, not my cards!

Heh. Suckers. Now I will sell your cards online.
What is this ? Glim… Glimmeh… Glimmerworld - 32 dollars. People buy this shit ?
This is better than stealing lunch money.

Gimme all your cards fag !

I-i'm gonna go fetch Radical Larry and Autistic Steve!

and Steve bites!

Actual /tg/ poster here: We have no idea who OP is or why he's doing this, aside from the base assumption of reckless faggotry.

As a frequent crossposter, I know you had some autistic faggot lying about /tg/ always "raiding" Holla Forums with off-topic threads. I don't know if it's the same guy trying to start shit, but if you want to swing by and talk about RPGs, we'd probably be alright with that.

Holla Forums had some good threads about Changeling, Hunter and Frostgrave lately, its only fair to share the 'tism.

Who is that lardass lol.
We'll just bully him like the last fatass that tried to dance around us.

Oh, there's definitely no rivalry or bad blood between us. There's a ton of shared interests when it comes to lore and interesting worldbuilding, and toying with mechanics that /tg/ and Holla Forums have a lot of common ground on.

We just don't want anyone associating /tg/ with this kind of bad crossposting.

Woah there man, hes got over 300 confirmed kills!

More like 300 confirmed meals… a day.

Those meals must be pretty fucking good.

Oh no, I got hooked on the same thing!
GOD DAMN YOU /tg/, GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Fucking. Riveting.

>8ch.net/tg/res/251032.html
>8ch.net/tg/res/249306.html
/tg/'s pdf threads, the Slasher expansion for Hunter and Achtung, Cthulu! might be right up Holla Forums's alley.

becuase /tg/ gets shit done on a daily basis, while Holla Forums's attempts at creating shit usually end up shitflinging over the colour of the bikeshed in the first level and how the guy who originally posted the idea for the project is being cucked by a redditor.

there's also the fact that vidya railroads, you can't do nearly as much stuff as you can with a tabletop RPG.

and plus, Holla Forums at times, can be a screeching, unintelligeble mess, whilst most of the time, /tg/ attempts to keep the facade of civility with our constant jabs & jokes at the lore in which we have our characters.

We had a frostgrave thread? Shame I missed it, I've been interested in getting my group to try it. We already play mordeheim from time to time so it shouldn't really be too drastic a shift.