Sega states they have several PC ports of games fans have been asking for in the works

youtube.com/watch?v=zTUBVGgtJ0o&feature=youtu.be&t=42m05

42:05

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/platinum-games-co-founder-hints-at-vanquish-coming-to-the-pc/
steamcommunity.com/id/jamsbutt/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013064750/
virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-trademark-renewed.20185/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does this mean we'll get Vanquish and Skies of Arcadia at long last?Will we get NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams?Hell, I'd settle for just Bayonetta.

Reminder that JSRF is not on that list.

Vanquish is pretty much confirmed already.

I can't wait for the salt when the Yakuza PC port is announced.

Fuck you

They destroyed it themselves, just like every other JP company at the time.

why the fuck

Get Christian Whitehead on the case once he's finished saving the Sonic franchise.

Fans or (((fans)))?

B-but the same happened with FF IX and Square managed to port the game to PC! Why wouldn't that happen again?

Countering industrial spying, same reason devs couldn't use their real name in some games.

They made a sourceport from scratch (using unity I think) for that and the engine wasn't very different from FF7/8 which are already on PC and already well understood by community efforts so they could have easily taken advantage of that.

They've been saying so since 2015 and all we got was VC and Sonic.

They can pull the game off the Xbox disc you stupid niggers. Nearly every company throws out old code because of space issues plus no one thought games would get replayed 10 years after release. One of the reasons JSRF isn't included is probably music rights. There was a ton of it in JSRF and they would have to renegotiate using it again. Some of it was even written by the Beasties Boy aka The Latch Brothers, and with one of them dead that might be hard to do.

XBOX executables do not run on windows, and even if it did you'd have to modify a lot of things to get it working right and be an half-decent port.

Oh boy, more Sonic games!

IS IT TIME?

Virtue Fighter V
Skies of Arcadia
Vanquish

Panzer Dragoon
Just any Panzer Dragoon, even the first one that had a PC port to the Nvidia NV1. I just want acknowledgement that the series exists.

Bluepoint does their console HD versions by reverse engineering the source code from the original game. If SEGA really wanted to they could port JSRF to the PC. is probably right about it being because of the music. Licensing a bitch.

Panzer Dragoon, please.

Pretty sure you can run it without it.

Nigger I know that. They obviously have to reconfigure it to work on PC. It's the same they got MGS HD collection to work.

It's been so long since I've last played orta, would love to do it again.

Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza

SOON
SOON
SOON
ONE YEAR FROM NOW SOON

same shit as the Batman games but more gimmicks and movies movies movies movies

Gears of War with slow mo

Meh, what else?

Fucking Sega and their "soon"s.

i did mongoloid, shitty meme game

Yakuza is protected by a lot of licensing stuff in Japan they would have to go out of their way and cut it out if they do.

they will, if there is one thing they will port is Yakuza. Yakuza and Vanished pretty much confirmed.

Why are they pretty much confirmed?

Skies of Arcadia with all the bonus shit from Legends, but none of the censorship
Bayonetta
Yakuza 1-5
Vanquish

These are all things we need from SEGA on PC.

5 is impossible Sony had to foot the bill on that one

dsogaming.com/news/platinum-games-co-founder-hints-at-vanquish-coming-to-the-pc/

and Yakuza was heavily hinted at, i don't know for sure but something tells me both Yakuza kiwami and Zero are being ported.

With Dolphin working so well, I almost feel like we don't need it ported. Doesn't mean I don't want it though.

I doubt they will port games I'm interested in anyway

Yeah, that's true. But seeing it with better textures and the like sure would be nice. and the removal of the silly censorship

If anything, there is a big chance that that was a limited deal. People were saying the same thing about shitton of games before, the most recent game from SEGA was Sonic Lost World. One thing we can say for sure is that they will never port these games to Xboner.

MakaronEX, demul, nulldc, Dolphin

OH BABY

Just saying, but what about the hopes of a Persona 5 port? I don't even like Persona though.

None Atlus has always made exclusives except for P1 which was during the time the PC-98 was popular and they have the power to say no

>MFW me buying a PS4 NEVER EVER

I'd be ok with this.

Well Sega wants to kill Yakuza in the West they're releasing it one month before P5 and Resident Evil is releasing in the same month as Y0

Resident Evil 7 looks like shit so they fucked up doing that.

Don't forget the superior Dreamcast audio quality, basically having the best of both versions in one package.

To you it does, to retards it doesn't.

There is no perfect version of SoA

At best you'd get texture swaps. Being on PC doesn't automatically mean suddenly the games are customizable and anything is possible. Like this one retard who was like "why don't they just make MGS3 out of MGS5 on PC". 144hz I am more than down with, but knowing Platinum the game will be capped at 60 (not a bad thing, long as they don't port the PS3 version).

I forgot the VMU minigame, they could do what the old PC port of FF8 did and have the chocobo minigame as an extra .exe that let you play it, then you could just reap the rewards by going in-game and using the in-game menu, they could do the same with Skies of Arcadia, just talk to the guy that manages the minigame, upload your shit to a file that the minigame uses, then read it for rewards. Seriously, a PC port of Skies could be perfect and it wouldn't take much effort.

That would require quite a bit of extra effort.
SE seems willing to go that far, but I'm betting a Sega port would just be one version of the game being a straight port.

I'd be laughing if it was VC2 and 3

Ecco the Dolphin Defender of the Future for PC!?

This is why I don't even really want a PC port that bad anymore. What would really be nice is if it got a port of Legends on the PSVita - or a good DC Emulator. Shame the Vita isn't powerful enough for good NGC emulation so I could just play Legends and PSO Ep I & II on it.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see how "portable" the NX is, and if it's going to have decent BC - see where CFW takes it.

Oh God please be VF5

All I want is Shenmue on PC.

They've been saying that for a year now.

Sure can't wait for more Sonic games

Nude mods?

Phantasy star online two will be out in the west soon, it's been 4 fucking years

Panzer Dragoon Orta=Vanquish>Yakuza=Ecco=Shinobi>Bayo>JRSF>>>>>>>>Sonic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VC2/3

Agreed?

I desperately want PSO2 localised but I have no hope it will ever actually be released.

They can just place fake ads for fake brands instead. I don't think anyone would care.

People would just scream ree censorship ree

Fuck you and your shit opinions.

Skies of arcadia had censorship? I hate when I learn these things.

Why do you want something that's bad for PSO2 in the west because you're too stupid to play it now?

Americans are the Brazilians of Japanese online games.

also this

What are you talking about? Everybody knows that amerifats go full BR with every MMO.

yakuza

please, god

you will be able to do that user and soon, SEGA style soon.

If they gave Yakuza 5 the PS+ treatment and Y0 got localized, I hope it means it'll do well enough to survive in the west so we dont need to wait years to get Y6.

Going back to Sega ports, where the fuck are Miku and Shenmue? Why do they need to tell me sweet little lies?

CONFIRMED
I fucking hope so.
Eh.
Eh I'll get it in lieu of no DMC5.

Absolutely has to be happening.

I want a new game, not JSRF again. If they can pull that off even.

I want N:JoJ because it had a fucking god tier soundtrack mostly.

Hopefully Yakuza HD collection.

Thats never happening. We'll be lucky to get Kiwami right now, or even a port of 5 on PC.

Mark my fucking words.

I'll bet you 5 bucks that shit aint happening.

Hell I wouldnt be surprised if they port Dead Souls and use that poor sales an excuse for "Well we ported X and nobody wanted it!"

I hope you're ready to eat those words with extra salt.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 when?

We don't even need 2

paypal and email address now, let's do it

At work right now. On second thought, I'll up the ante.

If Sega ports the HD collection to PC, I'm gonna buy one user that collection day one. Post steam id faggots.

i dare you
steamcommunity.com/id/jamsbutt/

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013064750/

I'll pay for it with my own money.

Just emulate it.

I didn't even know Ty got a PC port, wow thanks user.

Okay. What the fuck.

Is this the reason Sonic games are such garbage? Why are two potatoes representing Sega? Is this a joke?

I've been trying to shamelessly shill it every time a thread permits it. I'm not sure of any other way to get the word out.

But yeah the port is fucking excellent. They added lots of new features using doomerang outside final battle, revisiting bosses, post processing effects.

Will they port 2 and 3?

Yeah if money permits. Ty didn't sell as amazingly as expected.

Project Diva soundtrack is owned by Sony Music Japan. Mirai is a different game but considering the history with Sony Music and Nintendo I think they own it too.

Give us Yakuza SEGA, prove to us how much you hate Sony.

Need it be reminded that the Sony curse is still active anyone who shits on or mocks Sony is doomed to be irrelevant for the rest of their live in the gaming industry with the quality of their games dropping. SE is already going through the curse right now since Japan hates them.

Thanks, Satan.

Well it is true look at Oatmeal cookie face he's extremely irrelevant after he shat on Sony and getting kicked out of KT, Inafune is a conman, and Capcom nearly killed itself because of the curse.

nintendo attempted to work with sony and ever since that generation they haven't been the same

Well last I checked Sony Music is one of Nintendo's sponsors in Japan and owns the Pokemon anime's soundtrack and sponsors it, owns the XBX soundtrack, got the Gorilla in Mario Maker, and animated the Palutena smash trailer

Obligatory.

scroll up dongus. we already had this discussion

Want:

Seeing how everyone and their grandmother pirated the fuck out of psp PS games, a new one coming to west is never going to happen.

ANARCHY REIGNS NEVER EVER EVER

Finally the PC master race will be able to play 5-10 yo console games!

Take that, consoletards!

Where the fuck is After-Burner Climax for the pee see?

virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-trademark-renewed.20185/

Sega plz, just give me a VF5:FS PC port with quest mode added back in

The most recent English release was translated by Sony. I doubt that will get ported.

Is there even that many left?

Well, they'd do that here anyway.

Who the fuck are they kidding?

Bars got turned into "Juice Bars" or some shit.
It's been a long time and that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure theres more.

Also I forgot the belly dancer scene got censored.

It's either going to be fucking nothing, or fucking Yakuza.

Nigga, have you even played the game? It's admittedly alright. Not the best party game, but if you're bored, have friends and a Dreamcast, it can be fun.

VANQUISHHHHHHH

please god

Refrain from talking about things you're clearly clueless about.

I'M BURNIN' OUT OF CONTROL!

BUDDA
BUDDA
BUDDA
BUDDA

don't forget to put down your preorders at gamestop for all the latest new AAA titles including DLCs/season pass, after all they won't be fun anymore when they go stale in a month.

hey, it's not like you were gonna spend that barista paycheck on a girlfriend or anything.

Who's dick do I have to suck to get Yakuzas, Vanquish, and Bayonetta 1? Because I would suck a dick for those games provided that said dick is clean and shit.

Holla Forums is pretty trigger happy with censorship accusations but I think that even people here wouldn't be retarded enough to care about that. I mean Dragon's Dogma didn't have JP voices, Into Free, and Berserk armor due to licensing issues, and I think people care way more about that shit than they do about advertising and there was almost no uproar about this, just mild disappointment.

Bizzarro earth is a strange place

If I can play online multiplayer, then I'm sold!

It'll be another Sega does what Nintendon't!

What makes them good so far though? I know they've ported a bunch of shitty sonic games and I guess there's JSRF but anything other that is just Total War.

Even Crapcom is better than them so far (though if we get Bayonetta, Yakuzas, and Vanquish I'll change my mind on that).

They have actual Pc exclusives, they're doing a fairly good job with ports, they've given away free games.

They're on top of my list at least

Phantasy Star Online 2?

Only thing I can think of are those enhanced versions of sonic 1 and 2.

But then again… the fact the originals are already on steam, and are part of that "rom hacks" thing, I don't know if they'd bother with it.

But I'm master race too, fam!

Remember when we BTFO'd the M$ shills and their gears clone, Vanquish? And all those fucking weeb Jetshit games!!!

no.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is not summer camp

bump

Dude i fucking hope it gets ported. I had so much fun playing online for the short time it was active.

Honestly a smoother framerate would help that game a lot

I fucking wish.