Interstellar Marines

Interstellar Marines
Fuck me.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/starcitizen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This has to be one of the first examples of the early access jew, right?

More like the poster child for Early Access Games

i.e., made with Unity. Slow as hell updates. Devs biting more than they can chew. Broken promises. Buggy. Unfinished. No end in sight

I remember how early on they had to shill about DEDICATEF HELMET VISOR BUTTON and muh directional audio, because they didn't have a single real interesting feature. I bet they still don't have any

I thought this was some online only early acess shit, is it still in development.

fucking danes.

twitch.tv/starcitizen

Dev ran out of money and can't afford to pay staff so is now desperate to find a publisher for a game that is bare bones that runs on the Unity Engine

drop the booze Op

You failed user, cause it's not. It's worse. It's a Takedown Red Sabre Clone

Oh god that thing with its far cry 1 tier ai

2011, right? Cortex Command beat it to the punch by five years.

Cortex Command was so strange, all the basic technical features, the subsystems like physics and AI, the assets, were all basically done within a year or two. All they had to do was balance purchases, and crank out a single-player campaign, but they never did even years later.

When it got announced before Steam Early Access even existed, it seemed interesting and seemed to have something going for it.
Years later, it comes out on Steam and all that was in their tech demos doesn't exist.

There's fucking nothing besides a barebones FPS with no sprint function or ADS.
They said it would be the next System Shock or Deus Ex FPS hybrid too. This was all in 2011 but apparently this game fucking started way back in 2009.

And they're literally begging for a publisher when they have nothing besides two co-op maps and a few PvP modes. No promised campaign because they fucked around with the multiplayer supposedly polishing the animations. Money wasted. Don't buy it.

I've been avoiding Early Access titles for ages now and don't plan on changing my opinion.
Early Access games are a waste of money and time.

Apparently everyone has been begging them to switch to the Unreal 4 Engine which quite a few Unity games did and it helped them out a lot but the dev has his head in the sand.

I purchased this game for a friend of mine and myself a few months ago. We played it all night together coop and had a pretty good time. Next day rolls around and we jump in the game again. Same shit every time. Same levels. Same lame ass bots.
The game has a great foundation, but it's severely lacking in all other areas of content. They have released that bullshit hell week dayz tier bullshit that again is nothing but bots.
I refunded immediately because it's never going to happen. We will never have a proper space marine combat Sim game.

A long while back, a friend convinced me to buy The Dead Linger. It wasn't too expensive, and he usually has pretty good taste, so I decided to fall to peer pressure despite it looking like yet another fucking survival game. Well, as it turns out, the developers basically just gave up, abandoned ship to another early access game, and decided to say, "Fuck you," to the fans all the while trying to convince them to buy their newest game. It's shit like this that makes me livid. I'm glad I wasn't too invested in the game. I'm just out 20 bucks.

Early Access fucking sucks.

I've watched streams of this game a couple years back, with the guy having to sneak around this enormous dark malfunctioning base filled with robots from the movie iRobot. Some would just run straight at you, some would run off into the darkness to try to psych you out, and some would use pack tactics to trick you and shit.
That game looked spookier than any actual horror games I've ever seen or played.

I've never played it, though. It didn't look like it had much more beyond that.

you forgot 7 days to die and the forest

Why do people still buy survival games, especially ones that are in early access?

I honestly have no idea.

"Reddit says it's just like System Shock 2, just take all my money!!!"

You'd honestly think they'd learn, with a game being in early access it gives the developer no real reason to finish it when money is made as if they sold a finished product.

Who's that titcow in the bottom right?
I don't want to watch her streams but I do want to google image search her and cruise her social media accounts for them funbags

There's too many for me to care about.

I don't know. One of my friends, not the one who convinced me to get The Dead Linger, still buy almost EVERY FUCKING SURVIVAL GAME. He enjoys a lot of good games, but I guess the survival genre tickles his autism.

Pretty much. Early Access is abused to fuck. Same with Greenlight. It's resulted in saturating the market with trash.

It still throws me off that they completed the most important parts, yet couldn't/wouldn't finish the parts that really would've made the game.
It's like driving a car with no doors on it.