Nintendo shells out Federation Force, a shitty party game no one asked for

That game was the shit when it came out. It's a great example of how to do a good Metroid spinoff.

Metroid Prime Hunters sucked cock.

There hasn't been a decent Metroid game since Zero Mission.

pleb taste tbh fam

Is Federation Farce out yet? I don't see it on freeshop

Which is strange because multiplayer shooters have never been more popular nowadays, with games like R6:Siege, BF4, Overwatch and even Nintendo's own Splatoon. Nintendo could have easily taken a slice of that pie. They don't even need to add a campaign like with the first Hunters.

The idea behind Hunters was great - what sucked was the fact that the Metroidvania aspect of it was limited to new weapons to unlock new doors instead of new abilities plus the fact that the whole thing was limited to the DS. Aiming with the stylus was great but changing weapons, double tapping to jump plus the fact that the whole system is heavy to hold with one wrist for long (especially the old DS) made it cumbersome as fuck.

I liked the designs of the new hunters plus the whole "dual form" aspect of it but they were so pathetically under-developed when it comes to exploring them beyond the backstory plus how terribly balanced they were (Trace on the default map was stupid broken), the game just needed to be relaunched on a new system with improved gameplay and controls and proper balancing.

But come on, Nintendo hasn't done a proper multiplayer shooter since Goldeneye. The WiiU couldn't possibly be used to play a shooter, right?:^)

Holy shit Nintendo hates their metroid fans

I enjoyed that pinball game.

So I'm not getting the hate for Federation Force. It's clearly just a spin-off game. Is it only because there hasn't been a new mainstream Metroid game in a while? Well, there are a lot of Nintendo own frachises that haven't had new games in a while so wait in the back like everyone else. Kind of have yourself to blame for complaining about glowing shoes that was done for visual differentiating on a character in a crossover party fighting game just that one time.

Wait, seriously? Got a link for that?

It looks nothing like monster hunter.

That, and the last game was utter shit, and FF looks like boring shit too.

kill yourself

That's it though isn't it, if Federation force came out in the shadow of a proper Metroid title people wouldn't be anywhere near as buttmad and we could have actually discussed the details of a puzzle/objective based co-op shooter, but it didn't. Metroid fas are wicked butt mad because they want their Metroid fix, but who can blame them, Metroid is the only video game series to have 2 of it's titles be the most critically acclaimed titles for 2 separate console generations. Nintendo needs more fucking developers, I'm sick of release shortages.

It's… not terrible. It is bad, but Samus bails you out and saves you twice in the end, though why the fuck was she fighting you entirely in morph ball mode I have no fucking clue.

This could be save-able. Imagine if instead of generic spess mehreens we could pick between all of the hunters and other alien fighters from previous games, including Prime 3 and Hunters. Imagine if you could pick Gandrayda who has less health but more evasion abilities. Imagine if you could play as Rundas who did little damage but slowed foes with his freezing weapon. Imagine if one guy were Samus who was the leader. Imagine how the aliens would interact with each other. It could be a metroid spin-off that wasn't ERMAHGERD SPESS MEHREENS SAVE TEH GALAXYYYZ.

But it aint happening.

fuck metroid

But it was.

I'd argue it was unfinished rather than straight up bad. If they'd added another 3-5 levels and an alternate final boss it would have been a shining entry in the series.

It only just came out.

And it only had 69 on Metacritic

git
gud

Because fed farce was conceived and announced as a ball game, and in the brain of a retarded exec, a final boss morphball samus is the height of metroid fanservice in such a game

I thought it was ok, needed more levels though and an option to play the game normally and I would have loved it.

I believe the problem here is that they're afraid a new Metroid Prime Hunters game would cannibalize the market of Kid Icarus Uprising.

:(

What market? Only one game Sakurai doesnt care for following up?

How?

A market that existed 4 years ago maybe.

I'm ready to die now

Wait, what? Is Uprising's multiplayer still going on?

source: my ass

KI:U's time was way long ago and Sakurai doesn't want to do another

Thanks Sakamoto…

Behold Holla Forums your fax attack made nintendo acknowledge metroid on it's birthday.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

something tells me Nintendo is just trying to get everyone's expectations to rock bottom so they can churn out something quarter-assed and still be praised for it.

it is easier to make two shitty games instead of one good one after all.

Excuse you? Just because you're not a Metroid fan doesn't mean that none of us are. I for one am glad to see Nintendo take the series in a fresh new direction rather than just rehashing any of those old dated gameplay styles that have been done to death

I wanted federation force.

this is literally what you sound like RIGHT NOW

i want fucking Tanabe shills and (You)posters to go back to halfchan

How does it feel to be cancer?

Admittly Nintendo did do one thing right with SFZ release.

They released a mainstream SF title (even though it was a re-imagining of SF64) and a spinoff SF Guard at the same time. As well as making it a limited physical release but that's another going off topic.

If we only got Guard, that would probably be receiving the same flack that FF is getting of "we want a main stream entry, not a spin off"

Agree with you there. Was hoping there would be DLC to make up for it but doesn't look like that's gonna happen though.

…But I agree with that as well?

I've never played Metal Gear before but at least that one looks like it has some fun gameplay. You people should be thanking Konami for canning Kojimbob, clearly he was dragging the company down with his wannabe movies

nah, Ghost Babel and MGR are examples of FUN Metal Gear spinoffs not this smelly ol trash of feces

Fuck you

What we could have had:

BUT WE GET THIS SHIT INSTEAD

Better yet, we get Metroid: Rogue Squadron with a team of Fed soldiers testing out hot new armors based on Chozo tech.

That was made by Rare.

I'm sorry you have no friends to play with, but with that attitude it's no surprise

Also

Is Jet Force Gemini a Nintendo IP? Or is it owned by a different company?

Since it's included in Rare Replay, you can assume it's still owned by Rare (which in turn is owned by Microsoft).

I have, and Survival is nothing out of Kojimbo's shit-standard.

It's a part of Rare replay? Huh. Didn't know that.

You a retard?

Oh, you mean it spurred on the creation of a bunch of memes but didn't really copy any and in fact, gave the proper meaning of meme?

you deserve a punch in the dick for responding to such shitty bait

You'd better have good aim, it's a tiny target.

Fucking Megalians.

My only solace is that fall will come and give me back my mornings and early afternoons

guys…

You can't place the blame on him as much as you might want too.

i know, though he still can't get away with his bullshit in Metroid

both Tanabe and Sakamoto needs to be slapped

Even if it flops, what are the odds higher ups will acknowledge the game failed on the fact that it was what no one wanted?

theyll just think Metroid isnt profitable

i like fed force, it's cute.

cute is of course a perfect fit for a series heavily inspired by the work of h r giger

The official communication on this shit was "we know you didn't like the announcement but you were totally wrong, it's a true metroid and you'll like it, you'll see". So at least someone is at least partially aware it was panned because it wasn't metroid.

Of course, there is no reason to be optimistic, but there is a basis think they know the problem and just hope the game will sell regardless, probably due to sunk cost fallacy, or banking on muh football appealing to normalfags.

What does this have to do with anything? Why are you even here?

Googer Geiger can be cute!

fuck

not gonna happen, their standards has changed

they've recently considered a much nicher series, that never sold millions or nearly 3mils, a Major IP. they'll just brush it off like it's nothing and think of other ways to make the series selling 2 millions again.

so… they basically are going to do this to the series?

If they just start throwing ideas at metroid and trying to find something that sticks…

hell, give us a Metroid Musou.

Make fucking everyone playable. We got the foot soldiers in the GF troopers and the space pirates.

Ridley would be, at most, akin to the Great Fairy in Zelda Musou and then just throw a bunch of named characters in as playable roped together with a mcguffin plotline.

>play as characters like Dark Samus, Admiral Dane, and even Anthony

It it was made around as good as Zelda Mousou, I'd throw money at it.

it'll never happen

Omega Force would genuinely be more trustworthy than Nintendo for handling a metroid spin off. Especially considering they did right by Hyrule Warriors.

user, you're literally letting Temco via Team fucking Ninja to touch the damn series again.

I mean if we're talking just a Musuo and not a full-fledged then it might be good. At the very least, Team Ninja will probably play to their strengths, making it at least better than the makers of Punch-Out Wii and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon handling Federation Farce.

Of course it'll never happen. Zelda fans will literally buy anything with Zelda slapped on it so they're making as much of those as possible, while leaving their other series out to dry.
They don't care about us anymore. It's why they gave us Federation Force. A cheap game for us to shut up while Zelda gets a huge game for the Wii U/ NX.

right now I feel about as bad as I did 2011 when zelda got a fucking symphony and we got a single tweet halfassedly talking about the anniversary but more advertising a virtual console game that had been out for months

Zelda metroid game with the fed force! like four swords but metroid

It's like a watered down left 4 dead, which was already pretty crappy.

reminder that Tri Force Heroes' online is dead as shit

Other M's flaws, from the story to the design decisions such as the control scheme and the Authorization gimmick were all on Sakamoto. Team Ninja only handled the visuals and gameplay. Hell, they pretty much salvaged the mess, since Sakamoto initially wanted to make the game an on-rails sidescroller, ala Klonoa, before Team Ninja talked them out of it.

I'd pretty much trust them with another Metroid game. It's Sakamoto I have a big problem with.

I know, which is why I clarified that a Team Ninja Metroid Musuo might play more to their strengths (high-action combo-heavy games with sexy chicks aka Samus).

Team Ninja still managed to make a game that more shittier than fucking Other M's "gameplay"

pic related, killed the damn franchise.

Razor's Edge was alright, even if it was inferior to NG2 in every way. It was Yaiba where everything went to shit.

And even then, team ninja are just busy with other projects at the moment.

Fair enough. I have more than enough criticisms for post-Itagaki Team Ninja. But I don't hold them accountable for Other M, and despite the problems with NG3, I still think they're capable of making a decent Metroid game, even if not a great one.

Guess who was responsible for that one?

While the gameplay was the best part of other m, and that was largely what team ninja was reponsible for, it was the best part by being merely bad, rather than one of the biggest trainwrecks of video game history like the rest of it.

fam

True. I just think Team Ninja probably need some guidance in the right direction regarding Metroid's design philosophies, specifically to do with level design, progression and the placement of power-ups. They managed to make a good translation of Super Metroid's mechanics and controls into 3D, but everything else leaves much to be desired.

Metroid is just another zombie franchise that should have died years ago. Fuck endless sequels and fuck the faggots who enable them.

I did say it was bad

k then

Metroid is as dead as Onimusha.

Exactly.

forgotten brand recognition belongs to the likes of Captain Fal- errr…F-Zero and Advance Wars, at least the term and genre Metroidvania holds strong.

also, this was a really fun Onimusha game

WAIT
WHAT THE FUCK?
IS THAT MEGAMAN EXE IN A FIGHTING GAME?

Oh yes

Yup. This was around the time BN3 was realeased, so you can also play as Ground and Bug styles, which slightly alter his moveset. You could also play as MMZ Zero.

Now I have to ask is there anyone here who played MP Hunters (or any other DS/3DS shooter) who had ANY issues with being able to recognize stuff on the NDS small screen?

I'm just curious could Tanabe have an actual basis for the change or is he just creating bullshit excuses?

The only other reason I can think of for the "simple art style" is allowing for a large (scale-able) amount of enemies on screen while have 4 players (playing around online from different regions) with minimal lag/performance issues for the 3DS hardware.

After playing the Trifoce Heroes demo last year, I can't understand why anyone would even want to play it without better communication options. When everyone has the same item (like the 1st dungeon with bows) it worked. But as soon as the items become different for each player it goes to shit because someone wouldn't understand how an item worked against certain obstacles/puzzles or puzzles that required timing (could never complete the 3rd demo dungeon because of that).

And that's not even going into the issue of someone disconnecting cancels the entire game (which FF thankfully doesn't do which is nice to hear).

They're not allowed to say it wasn't originally a metroid game, so they have to come up with a bullshit reason why it's in chibi. Originally, it was just a shovelware grocery store bargain bin game, and the chibi is a holdover from that phase.

.EXE and MMZ Zero are around as cameo unlockables, MegaMan uses Sword chips as his melee weapon and Zero uses his Z-Saber. Both have busters as their projectiles where everyone else has bows and it really shows since they basically have the best projectile capabilities in the game, I found it completely viable to just hang back and mash charged buster shots if I wasn't feeling a certain opponent.

ha

Reminder that Tri Force Heroes is plain shit in single player.