ITT: Games that would have halted the darkest timeline if only they had been finished

ITT: Games that would have halted the darkest timeline if only they had been finished.

Here's an easy one.

Other urls found in this thread:

surveymonkey.com/r/PGCQ67V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well Half Life 2 was coming out so they shit their pants.
So what do you want, the timeline where Half Life 2 came out earlier, or the timeline where VTMB had enough time to be finished?

The answer is that it doesn't matter because a single game wouldn't satisfy your forever and you'd still end up here, bitching about everything.

In fact, i'm even suggesting the idea that VTMB is held in such a high regard BECAUSE it's an unfinished game that showed so much potential, people want what they cannot have, the promise of greatness lures them towards this game and gives it the reputation that it has much more than if it was finished and it's potential defined, plain for everyone to see.

Part of the reason why people love VTMB so much is because they love the idea of the VTMB game as a finished fully realized game that they have in their head.
This fantasy keeps them coming back and keeps them building a what if scenario that fascinates them.

If this game came out finished it would actually have less of an obsessed fanbase.

I get your point and while it's obviously a contributing factor, the main reason it's held in such a high regard is because it's fucking amazing.

Why is that game so fucking hard to mod, anyway? I haven't seen a single mod with new animations or models, only new textures or other slightly changed assets the game already has. It seems really rigid.

Because it's using a very early version of the source engine.
A garbled mess that has bugs out the ass.
They were given this very rough, early engine and they had to jury rig it into working the way they wanted it to work, add to that the obvious fact that they had no time to polish it so you have an altery unstable, buggy engine with additionally all the modifications they slapped onto it, with no polish, and you get yourself a tangled mess to work with.

Any one of these two. Hope would have been so much easier to have if they were actually finished.

How hard can it be to port it to the new Source, though? I know fuck all about this stuff, but I assume pretty tough since no one even tried.

If it gets us the cool tentacle monster instead of the stupid crap we got otherwise then yeah! Valve changing the entire game because of a leak was fucking stupid.
No, that's fucking retarded. We like it because it accurately portrays a world, has a lot of cool side quests, you have several different ways of completing any quest and you can pretty much join up with anyone and get a unique ending for that. There's also a bunch of stuff about all ways of playing the game being viable, but that only counts for about half of the game (mainly due to the rushed aspect of the game).

It's not that easy and would be quite time consuming. Any group that manages to get anywhere with it will get "Cease and desist" into oblivion.

I want to fuck Deb.

You imply way too hard that I even knew this game was unfinished when I first played it and I didn't fall in love with the game thanks to it's fantastic writing and solid as all fuck characters.

It's a shit engine to work with unless you have the source code and the skills to build solid engine tools, porting to Unity was a step in the right direction.

White Wolf and Vampire the Masquerade are now owned by Paradox, I don't know their stance on this sort of stuff so it would be worth a try if Project Vaulderie tried to make a comeback.

Have you seen/taken their survey on RPGs? It came up just recently, it seems to suggest they have something like that on the cards. Grand strategy could work too, I guess, but the survey gives me hope.
Either way Paradox has a decent modding community so I'd imagine they wouldn't file a fucking C&D. I'd like to think that they'd appreciate someone revitalizing their IP for them.

Where is this?
Although I really don't have a lot of hope for Paradox.

surveymonkey.com/r/PGCQ67V

Neither, but the survey seems to suggest that they're going down the right path.
I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's a very interesting insight nonetheless.

Kitchen psychology at its finest. You should write articles on women's magazines instead of shitposting here.

How do you explain the popularity of Deus Ex then? It's a finished game and everyone loves it regardless. VTMB is basically deus ex with vampires.

Thanks. I went ahead and took it too.
Some of the questions were quite nice, I get what you mean now.

No worries, I found it on the Bloodlines steam forum I was pleasantly surprised at the questions themselves but we can only hope that Paradox listens to what we're all saying.

Dark souls was rushed/unfinished?

The second half after O&S was. Miyazaki apologized for not simply giving up on Lost Izalith instead of trying to rush it before launch, for example.

test

So that's why things feel meh post lord vessel compared to pre lord vessel

In some places you can even see missing textures if you decide to look from an angle they didn't expect, so yeah. Pretty unfinished.

Who doesn't? Imagine that voice, talking dirty in your ear.

Not a game, but part of many.

I'd rather have the one where HL2 never existed.