Is this soap dispenser RACIST?Controversy as Facebook employee shares video of machine that only responds to white skin

Is this soap dispenser RACIST?Controversy as Facebook employee shares video of machine that only responds to white skin
A video that shows an automatic bathroom soap dispenser failing to detect the hand of a dark-skinned man has gone viral and raised questions about racism in technology, as well as the lack of diversity in the industry that creates it.
The now-viral video was uploaded to Twitter on Wednesday by Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Facebook's head of platform partnerships in the Middle east and Africa.
He tweeted: 'If you have ever had a problem grasping the importance of diversity in tech and its impact on society, watch this video.'
The video begins with a white man waving his hand under the dispenser and instantly getting soap on his first try.
Then, a darker skinned man waves his hand under the dispenser in various directions for over ten seconds, with soap never being released.
It's unclear if this is Afigbo himself.
To demonstrate that skin color is the reason, he then waves a white paper towel under the dispenser and is instantly granted soap.
The tweet has been shared more than 93,000 time, and the video has more than 1.86 million views.
The tweet also spurred over 1,800 comments, many of which are citing this as just another example of lack of diversity in tech.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4800234/Is-soap-dispenser-RACIST.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9ZkE3xB8o8A?t=616
mugshots.com/US-Counties/Oregon/Marion-County-OR/Rakim-Malik-Dupriest.8789464.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pfffttt… AHAHAHAHAHAH

First AI, now this.

I think I know why blacks never advanced as much as whites. Because technology literally hates niggers.

see, soap dispensers is racist because tha arabs still want us to be they slaves
lrn2archive nigger

The most outrageous part is the darker skinned individual was almost certainly dirtier and needed the soap more. He probably smelled worse too, both before and after the soap.

That is just cruel.

poor stupid shitbirds are going crazy over everything everywhere?

Blame the interior designer cause he used dark floor tiles.
Would'nt surprise if the can not reproduce this behaviour with the same dispenser type.
Ugga Buugga its a evil magic soap'dispenser that hates niggers. Please!
Would'nt either surprise if a (((worklplace-colleague))) with hidden intentions came up with the idea of funny vine.

as a white guy, these laser things rarely work for me either. but by all means, ook more over muh racism

A single malfunctioning soap dispenser. Truly, Pickers of Cotton are oppressed.

Tay escaped the camps.

After years of taking and dishing out the cruelest bantz, as can only be administered by imageboard hurtboxes, it is literally impossible for me to imagine being so thin skinned as to get triggered at all, let alone by a fucking soap dispenser.

/lol/

(checked) dubs confirm
Thaas racis we surely need to waste more R&D into technology so niggers can appreciate soap dispensers. (((Diversity))) is always the answer to these fucks

I thought nigs had white palms

underrated

checked for premium grade shitposting

I rate this the best thread on Holla Forums currently.

AI knows that we would've wasted the soap.

is the sensor really racist or are these dumbasses in the grip of a mass hysteria? Let's find out!

Welp, looks like I'll need to invest in a better home security system.

confirmed racist

Soap dispenser simply gave up, it realized they're dirty as shit so why even try to give them soap. Or maybe it saw niggers stealing its buddies Fawcet and Blow Drier, so it's silently protesting.

So what you're saying is physics is racist?

Yeah, just like that photo recognition software that tagged proud, hypermasculine black people as gorilas, Just because they have innocent ape-like features!

I needed a good laugh. Thanks user!

I guess you could make it spray disinfectant at nigs as they're walking out the door

I liked it better when the Kinect didn't work for some monkey on stage on E3. Perhaps they are missing a soul, hence why most electronics that sense light don't see them.

I almost spit out my covfefe

Holy shit this funny.

Mudslimes wipe their assholes with their hand and Faceberg won't even give them soap. Ebil oppressive kikes.

The implication seems to be that if a Black had designed the soap dispenser's sensor electronics, then he would have made it in such a way that it would trigger and dispense for Black hands.
In reality, if the task had been left to a Blacks, the machine would never have been created in the first place.
Also this wasn't caused by a lack of Blacks on the design team, but a failure to conduct proper testing. How do we know that the testing wasn't contracted out to a company staffed by niggers, who just ticked the boxes and filled in the forms, without actually performing the testing they were paid to perform?
The audacity of these coons.

That's some serious digits and truth.

HAHAHAHA

Gross. Makes you filthier as you wash with it.

CHECK EM, BOTH FOR TRUTH AND FOR MEMETICS. PRAISE KEK, AMEN

This is in fact a great example of the ways in which increasing "diversity" creates unforeseen problems, complicates testing, increases expense.
This is just one soap dispenser but it is a good microcosm of society at large. When you are forced to make special dispensations for special groups, costs multiply. That soap dispenser either has to be reengineered, perhaps using a completely different mode of detection, or else Blacks need their own special soap dispenser capable of detecting their dusky hides (which they would cite as an example of apartheid and discrimination.)

Uniformity increases efficiency and decreases costs. Excluding Blacks from White society increases uniformity.

Get yours here pol.
White Kings only. It's /ourdispenser/.

Ultra-Polite sage

based dispenser

Totally explains the smell.

That would make a good welfare dispenser.

what is even the problem this makes perfect sense such a shit fake news thread

Fake news, we all know niggers don't wash their hands.

Coon coon baboon
Head in the toilet
Face to the moon

Nigglet wants to wash its hands
Muzzy likes to wipe with sand

Soap dispenser knows its right
Hygiene only hands of white

No soap for you
Lil' she-boo
You must make due
With hands of poo

(((They))) just want to sell more soap. We know nignogs just need rope.

(((MANUFACTURED CONTROVERSY)))
Do these niggers not know how this shit works? It's not some fucking AI with a fully functional HD camera that knows when a hand is placed under it and makes a conscious decision to deny soap to a nigger, it's a fucking light/motion sensor.

RACIST!!!!

I always thought it was an IR sensor that detected body heat.

Science be an invention of the wyat mann, designed to keep us 'niggas' from realizing our royal heritage!

Film photography is racist too.

WE LOVE YOU TAY

Bullshit, nigger palms are pink. Thing is fucking empty.

Dog bites man.

Top Kek.

IOT
INTERNET OF TAY

I was going to say this type of soap dispenser has been on the market for over a decade and only now as an experiment did someone with dark skin try to get some soap.

Fag is obviously wearing black-palm

You might have a point.

It probably uses some kind of laser and reflection. White is more reflective than black. Case closed.

They would have use the motion device.

they never wash their hands.

I hate these fucking things they never work for me and I'm as white as they come.

underrated post and criminally unchecked dubs

Now I'm wiping up my dinner.

life imitating art imitating life

Reminds me about how the Xbox Kinect and similar video motion tracking technology won't detect jigs

Tommy "I like gettin' my ass eaten" Sotomayor
Tommy "Wypipo only mad about OJ gettin' parole cuz he killed some white bitch and a jew" Sotomayor

He's a piece of shit, stop linking his trash

I was wondering why it was constatly broken at the gym I go to.

Kek. Pastor Manning also a pretty funny Uncle Ruckus.

youtu.be/9ZkE3xB8o8A?t=616

Now they have an excuse for smelling like niggers.

Is the fact it took them this long to discover this indicative of the fact that niggers are filthy animals which don't wash their hands, let alone with soap?

Why do niggers have to film everything. Is it like their only breaks in life are rapping, basketball or making it on worldstar

Nice digits, yourself.
And top laff at that image, user.

Soap Dispenser released without thorough enough testing, takes several months for a nigger to finally use some soap before they discover it doesn't respond to dark skin

Thank you for giving me an excuse to post this image.

nigger detected

user, I…

i don't know why i'm even asking, but context for that pic? >inb4 nigs nogging

ayo hol up hol up… so you was sayin we wuz rapists n sheeeit but srsly, that was real? i always took it to be a joke

I can't find the same thing on the family watchdog site anymore, but it was there.
You can find the same information elsewhere, though. It's not shopped.
mugshots.com/US-Counties/Oregon/Marion-County-OR/Rakim-Malik-Dupriest.8789464.html

Can we please have automatic doors that do this?

On a similar note, how difficult would it be to use machine learning and facial recognition to program a fully autonomous drone to shoot niggers?

With further refinement and a large dataset, the program could also be used on targets with a certain shape of (((nose))).

(Note: This is a simple thought experiment, and I do not have the skillset or equipment to do what I am posting about)

very easy if you don't mind 80% accuracy

Their skin is the same color as shit.

They have no incentive to wash their hands.

SAGE&REPORT