a.pomf.cat/astgsl.webm
hitbox.tv/E8aaf6
hitbox.tv/anon55
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're doing it wrong.

"You CAN learn Japanese after all! I'll get you next time"

Am I supposed to be evading bullets?
How?

Why do all my guns take 5 seconds before firing? Do I just use my sword? Is there a way to turn that doesn't take 10 seconds?

I don't know man, I haven't played the game in over 12 years.

Just jump over to Nexus. That's when AC switched over to the more traditional move with left stick, control camera with right stick controls.

Armored core isn't century's episode or zone of enders. Its a tank simulator, but with mechs.

yeah but I can't take hits and everybody shoots faster than me

I died on the tutorial and then on the first mission, what the fuck

Did you just jump straight to AC2? AC1 is a little faster

Couldn't buy AC1 so yeah, this is my first game

One simple thing to consider:
You're not controlling a character, you're operating a machine.
You're not complaining about racing game for car not being controlled the same way characters are, right?

Huh?
If I have a car that can't drive then it's a shit car what kind of retarded argument is that

Can't emulate it and have no idea how to homebrew my ps2

Or maybe you just can't drive a car.

Even if your PC is 20 years old it should still be able to emulate PS1 games.

Whelp, first thing is first what is your mechs setup? The second thing is a technique you'll have to master which is bunnyhopping if you want to go fast and trust me it's nothing like doing FPS bunnyhopping like quake and is alot harder to learn and master. The third thing is you have to predict and time things because the gun is at rest and other weapons like the blade is deliberately awkward to use so it takes time to master and you have to practice that and you'll have to learn to properly utilize tank controls.

Personally I recommend you look for guides, I remember extensive detailed explanations of various things and if they're not memory holed you should be able to find them.

Then explain to me how am I suppose to drive this
I'm doing the first mission of the game against these floating balls, they shoot much faster than me, I have limited ammo for really bad weapons and I'm outnumbered

Are there health pickups? Can I heal myself?
Because I don't think I can win as it is

It's the first mech in the game

So complete dogshit, alright.

A lot of the first missions can be beaten in the original by staying at max lockon range + strafing or using the sword and tanking damage giving you time to learn. I started on the first so I can't really for fair say how difficult the first AC2 missions are for starters.

Nope it controls like ass. It takes time getting used to it, and it seems to make sense after awhile. Just keep at it

OH! One trick in AC/AC2. Hold down both strafe buttons and rapidly release the direction you're moving when both are held down. This should make you move back and forth quickly fucking up enemy's aim. This may be a quark with the emulators, not too sure

First mech is pretty efficient as long as you don't meet unique ACs or some other bosses.
The only thing I can deduce from this is that you're scrub and should just jump straight onto AC4 and not torture yourself with games that require learning and effort.

If it controls the same as this I'm not too sue I even want to try it honestly

Listen I'm trying, but this is not good game design

The first mech is utterly terrible unless you're already skilled and knowledgeable at the game.

You can if you learn how to. There are no hitscan weapons in these games, except maybe a couple of end-game big cannons, so you should dodge everything from before it's even fired, not on reflex, but on anticipation. Also homing shit stops homing a good few meters before it lands, so dashing in one direction and then stopping when missiles are in good visibilty before you will result in them going into direction where you would have been if you didn't stop.

Oh dear god, maps in AC games before 4 are all small square rooms or corridors, no huge spaces or labyrinth or anything, you're triggering me there mate. You even have radar on your basic robot, some maps disable radars altogether.

Funny thing is if you just slap random expensive powerful parts together you'll get worse performance than your starting toaster has. Yes it's a tutorial mech, but it's perfectly usable, something you need to learn to build yourself.

It was a giant ass desert full of nothing, so great fucking knowledge there

Not to mention I can't dash in any direction and every time I'm hit by any bullet I'm stunlocked and get hit by even more bullets. It's X plus a direction to dash, right?

Are you sure you've played this?

I know it's perfectly useable, what fuck are you on about here. It's still dogshit, you yourself admitted it when you said it couldn't stand up to uniqe ACs or some Bosses.

So are you actually doing anything besides running? Like boosting? What exactly are you doing when you move around.

*Nevermind that question about boosting, you're trying to boost.

I press X to boost, then I strafe left and right as I wait for 20 seconds for the boost to recharge

You're not supposed to deplete your boost gauge.
Use it in short bursts, then you don't have to wait 20 sec for recharge.
"Huge desert" is just goddamned back ground, you can run from one map border to another in a couple of minutes and catch "leaving combat area" message.
And blame console power for "full of nothing", so shit starts to render only in your face. At leas projectiles can be seen from far away, thank sony for that. Still it's not hard to find shit in open areas, just run around for a bit. I don't think you even had any time limits in starting missions in earlier games.
Did skyrim completely erode your thinking abilities?

Press select.

And kill the fucking MTs, you don't have to spare them and in fact not destroying them is a lie.

Here's a recording of me failing miserably. Every time my character lights up is when I'm hit and I can't move
you can see my reflection but fuck it, I don't care

I tried to move around, should I fly all over the place? I don't know I don't get it

a.pomf.cat/astgsl.webm

Select opens the map?

Holy christ that lack of initiative. Okay the first fucking thing you do right out the door is boost and shot them at the same time. You boost forward not just left and right and you hold the fire button and so long as the square is concentrated it takes care of itself. Just fucking go forward and fuck sticking around and trying to kill them you're not ready and clearly not used to the controls since you should be moving forward and attacking at the same time.

The map is for when you're lost, however it depends on what kind of head you have but if you're last remember what position you are on the map and change direction accordingly to coordinate yourself. There is no time limit I believe.

Hold the controller backwards.

Ah right, if it's still too hard then you can just skip the second mission. The beginning AC has poor stability so you should go for one of the other starter missions like MT suppression. The MTs are weak there despite outnumbering you and you can take your time to experiment with the controls a bit more.

It's hard to know how to approach a game when the game doesn't tell you how to either play it or how to approach combat.

I mean since I'm not fast enough to dodge the conclusion I would get is that I can take hits, but I can't apparently. It's pretty confusing, maybe it isn't for you but I have never touched this series before.

Tried again btw, died. And every time I die I need to reset my ps2.

I'm gonna go back to playing dmc, not sure if I'll come back to this, thanks for the help though

OP plz.

Well if the mission doesn't work no matyter what try a different one like MT Suppression since despite being outnumbered it's a more tight space so you can use corners and corridors.

You can't really dodge the initial attacks the goal is to not dodge but to take it and get the hell out of there hence why you should ditch em'. I distinctly remember a spaceship thing you can chill out on and wait for the truck then when it comes you just go and attack it until it dies.

Also you can do a limiter release with pressing L123 and R123 then Over Boosting which can get you out of that initial trap pretty much right away.

For old games especially the ones of the caliber of AC2 jumping in and going for it with the expectation you'll die is really the only way to go since caution will only kill you and not teach you much. Plus you need to hone your reflexes.

I can't move, I'm stunlocked every time they hit me

Just write it off, the most recomended way to beat it if you're not good is a long range FCS part and a sniper rifle and camp out on the crashed spaceship.

You should do any other mission, oh and it's okay if you rack up debt just don't save and keep going at any other mission until you get one down then load then do it right. The mission you're trying is simply not going to work for you, and it's okay if you don't play every mission given out to you.

You know what give me 15 minutes to gear up and I'm gonna stream some, I refuse to believe anyone could be that bad at the game.

Get gud

I played AC2 when I was like 7-8 and after having a fucking fit during the tutorial, I got gud,
How old are you?

Here goes nothing
hitbox.tv/E8aaf6

You and me had the same idea user. I was going to stream gameplay to him. He needs to learn 2 things:
1. jump boost strafing
2. use rifles when fighting SLOW moving enemies, not 3 second lock-on missiles.

It's a fresh file user

I don't remember being able to shoot back weapons that aren't missiles while moving on hover legs without human+ parts in any of AC games.

Those are tank legs user.

Oh disregard that I suck dicks, it's a truck legs

Fuck it was so long ago, I can't even tell hover legs from truack ones.
Are you emulating or running live PS2?

Emulating

It looks better than PS3 games, what the fuck.

I have an endgame save file on my PC with AC2. Looking for it, might stream still..

Bingo.

Here's my stream, gunna show AC2 endgame stuff, weps, movement.
hitbox.tv/anon55

Wew.
Shiet, now I want to marathon the entire series, especially since I only played half of them.

Why are you using missiles at close-range? Basic rifles can kill MTs in half the time.

its got tank controls, consider different legs. i think chicken legs tend to have better turn rates?

Unless you want to scrub it out with tank legs there's a pair of reverse joint legs that's cheaper and better than your starting ones

ok done streaming. Was fun, missile arms, karasawa/moonlight, laser arms, went to Phobos..

Also what did you mean when you said set my audio to asynchronous? There's no option for that in the SPU2-X audio plugin.
For now I'm just using the best quality audio options.

This thing, basically instead of straetching the audio based on how well you run the game it just plays the audio.

Git gud son.

the sooner you learn the better

Thanks. Also, has this new version of PCSX2 fixed the later ps2 AC games like last raven? I couldn't use hardware video because of low framerates, stuck with low res software mode.

Yeah, you have to fuck around a bit for it and it requires the OGL plugin.
LR and Nexus are way heavier on the CPU though.

lol

Only sort of related, this thread made me realise i actually own a fair selection of the Armored Core franchise. Might piss some money away on filling out the gaps, the PSX games are gonna be painful to try to track down tho.

Or you can, you know, just DL the iso and emulate/burn it.

I have ISOs of them all already, and i keep a working condition chipped PS2 and PSX around. But the point is having legit real copies. I realise that doesnt make much sense, but im one of those crazies who likes to collect the game series I enjoy.

What is up with those massive PG ratings on the PS3 covers?

The Australian ratings system changed over its signage late in the PS2 era, i really do hate how much space they take up on the cover. The PS2 games are all UK PAL copies so the ones i bought in store would have had the AU ratings label just stuck on the box and i cleaned them off.

Yep, I can see the problem is entirely on game design.

Not the case of NMS' though, that's an userbase problem, these entitled gamers… Same goes to SPORE. Why the fuck did the creator ever thought that he'd one day put complex game mechanics in the game and not lower the standards to the unskilled majority of the market? What a loser.

You are fucking puece of shit retarded millenial who cant play videogames for shit and just should give up on life for being such a pansy. I hate you.

Usually happens after spree kills because muh "violent gayms".
GBA titels were hit by this way worse with the rating covering literally 60 % of the front cover.

Ad populum is not a valid argument there. Millions of people watch naruto, fap to anthropomorphic animals and in general eat shit. What now, you should too? All your other greentextd arguments are pretty valid though.

You gotta give kid a credit for even showing interest in the game, moreso for his actual attempts to identify his problem and get good at it.
And let's be honest, PS1-2 era Armored Core games were hardcore even for their time. Not just because of simulator controls but because of legit and sometimes not so legit (enemies using impossible builds or fucking Pulverizers) difficulty too.
Even now I still think that Last Raven is one of the hardest real-time games ever produced, analog controls or not.

I thought last raven was boring. I never did get around to finishing it, does the campaign ever stop giving you missions that are just one on one or two on one arena battles? And speaking of arena battles, if anyone had to bet their hard earned cash to fight in the arena nobody would

I remember LR pushing my shit in all sorts of ways, 1-on-1 and whatnot. Then it started throwing 2 impossible AC motherfuckers on you and expecting you to win. Not only impossible but with Human+ too, while you were stripped of it a game or two before. In nexus maybe?
I never found it boring though, maybe because I though that AC on AC duels is the best part of the series. I hold it as a pinnacle of Armored Core franchise and as one of the best games ever.

They're not hard per-say but they're hard to get, if you're doing the right thing with meh execution the games are a breeze (with a few exception like nineball seraph in AC2AA and that SAWA faggot in the postgame arena in AC3), but if you're trying to do something with the wrong build you're fucked if you can't compensate for it with skill, even the 1v3 in AC2AA is a cakewalk once you know what to do.

You're just shit OP.

Three handles much the same as two

Get gud

They are exactly that - hard per-say.
In most games you just learn patterns via repetition, and then execute shit flawlessly. It's a standard laidd out by games like mario and megaman, and was foundation us by games ever since. At least as far as player-vs-environment goes anyway.
AC is the only franchise, in my memory, that goes away from this concept, where enemies don't just do the same patterned shit, but actually randomly use all they have, usually the same as you do but more, and move to actively avoid your shit. You can't just learn enemy and win it with sure tactics like in DMC or Souls games, you still, even after learning everything, should exercise effort to not get killed.

Dragon's Dogma kinda sorta tried to go away from patterns, but only AC did it right I think.

Listen user I play pretty shit and even still I can tell you that there's maybe a handful of remarkable obstacle that need specialty builds (unless you count secret parts in SL then you pretty much triple the need for specialty builds) and even less among those that need both a specialty build and actual skill, the rest can be handled just fine by your choice of cookie cutter build (not even bringing shit like the KARASAWA or CROW into the equation since those are outright broken).

Yeah it controls like ass, I'd say it was a limitation of the time but it really wasn't, there was no reason not to have dual shock controls by the time of AC2. Skip to AC3 if the controls bite too much.

I love AC and it's a shame that we seem to not talk about it very often.

Get used to it or change the control scheme.
If you're using an emulator you can even create one that allows for the analog sticks.

Thats actually a fairly good way to play the PSX games, remap the up down left right to the right stick and move strafe left and right to the left stick with forward and back. Its a bit fiddily but the game feels better with that setup.

Nah mang even if he used the control scheme of AC3 he's clearly not used to this sort of game at all.

*Apparently the encoding of his webm is shit too

I didn't really spend time encoding the webm

I agree.
Replaying AC2 with proper analog controls turned the game from a good but outdated experience to an improved and genuinely great one.

I want to make clear that I'm not complaining about the game not holding my hand, I'm complaining about the game starting and not even giving you a safe area in the tutorial level to test out your button combinations.

I mean you can call me a casual faggot, a kid, or whatever you want all you like, but this is objectively not good game design, you can't possibly be this fucking blind, even if this is your favorite game.

Only an asshole refuses to admit flaws in his favorite games, I personally don't have 20 hours to drop into a game to learn the strategy of it because I can only play my PS2 two times a week tops, but of course you would never understand this, because anybody that has a negative opinion on your favorite game is a retard instantly.

I have a dozen of better games to still play on my ps2, don't get mad at me for not wanting to waste time with a game I find clunky and boring

Every AC game has a testing/training room.

Nope, I started the game and it instantly dropped me into a weird highway like level with an enemy shooting at you as soon as you spawn

What
That doesn't even sound remotely normal.

Oh, right, that is the tutorial stage, the whole point of that is to get use to the buttons.

The very first mission is fucking easy. Unless you have some medical condition where you can't move your fingers all that well, you should be able to figure out the controls, how the mech moves, and kill all the enemies without too much trouble.

yeah, I hve to do that while an enemy is shooting at me and I don't even know how to move

by the time I did I had taken a ton of damage and the final guy in the level killed me
I'm not negating that I suck, I'm just saying it's just a shitty way to start the game

Nah he is right, AC2 just dumps you on an highway. But iirc its mostly just enemy tank units with a MT at the end?

He take more than a minute to kill you if you don't move , you have 16 buttons on your controller, seems fair enough.

He didn't kill me

Lots of games dump you in an easy intro level at the start. Lots of games also have a manual that they might expect you to read. I know games these days barely come with an instructional pamphlet, but many older games didn't have an explicit tutorial. You either figured things out yourself or read up.

Huh, don't recall that but I guess I can believe it. It was from an era where FS had no idea what they were doing.

The you have a safe space and no time limit, bam you can practice your controls to your hearts content.

Funny thing, I did read the manual, didn't really help much

The final guy of the level killed me because I had already taken way too much damage.
I'm gonna stop responding to you since you're not even reading my posts

I'm rereading your posts and now I'm wondering why you didn't take time to get used to the controls before advancing that was a fucking MT he's not that tough or impressive. If you circled around him and close in for a blade attack (circle button) you should be able to take him out. I had difficulties with the game when I tried it but holy shit the tutorial area was not one of them.

I'm jogging my memory just to be sure it's the area I'm thinking of and this is no excuse. The first enemy is easily defeated by strafing left and right and shooting him then you can hang around and play around a bit more. You can use the corners of the subway tunnels as cover if you need to and the missiles you get can be used to attack them out of range. They don't even advance towards you what the fuck were you doing?

See embed

You said
To which I replied that even if you go out of your way to not kill the first guy he really can't do much before you have tested all the buttons

You then said
Which I assume means you killed him, to which I replied that you now have a place to get a hang of the controls without any repercussions.

Unsurprisingly you didn't even try to understand what I was saying.

Which is because you went head on without at the very least making sure you had the slightest amount of mastery over the controls or thought about what you were doing/were supposed to do.

I have literally never touched any game from the series before, I had no idea what the controls were and for the whole level I didn't know if I was suppose to do something to dodge or just get hit and keep going.

When I got to the final guy I had like 2000 life left, the guy kept moving around me, I couldn't turn fast enough and he killed me. It's fucked, I don't know what to tell you.

I didn't either, and the first thing I noticed was that the MTs just go back and forth and shoot you.

So you didn't notice that if you tried to zigzag the MTs fired were you were and not where you were going. Okay.

It's clear to me you've never played a lot of games where your hand is not held. You're in a subway tunnel all you have to do is a keep a distance where your turning speed matches his speed and you just go in and kill him or keep your distance in the tunnel and just shoot him with missiles and rifle.

That's a strawman of the argument.

The argument is not about "should" do. It's not about morality.

It's about skill.

If millions of people could run like Usain Bolt, what he does wouldn't be a feat.

OP's claim I quoted said that the game was poorly designed.

But if you are the one that can't finish the first level of the game properly, while as I said, hundreds or even a millions people could finish the game and the game didn't even get famous for being hard, we're not really talking about a million gold Olympics-level group of supermen here, but of a faggot OP that blames everything else instead for his refusal to git gud.

Some of the best games out there don't have "proper" tutorials. What you asked for actually sounds like you're asking the game to hold your hand.

Original XCOM and hundreds of other great games didn't or don't (in the case of more recent ones) have a "proper" tutorial. Some will go just as far as giving you the possibility to change key mapping (or controller buttons mapping). That makes you already know what does what. If that's really necessary.

Many games' design are based on you having to learn how the games work itself, and what you're able to do and what you're not. And it's often a great part of the fun. A mediocre game for example, Don't Starve, was only fun for me for as long I had new stuff to discover (sometimes through trial and error), and it was still a fairly casual game that holds your hand in a number of ways.

I can't imagine you ever playing a game like Myst.

You can't be this blind to the point you believe good game design has to resort to helping you get good or understand how the game works. There are many ways this is a fucked up game design, there are ways in which it's good game design. The contrary is also true. Depends on the game's gameplay among other elements that are secundary.

It's not in the list of games I'd remember by myself if people asked me for any games.

Then the games isn't for you maybe. But realize that for many it doesn't take 20 hours, but maybe half an hour at most. It's, not exactly a reason to say the game was designed poorly.

Sometimes getting good in a game doesn't mean solely being good at it's controls. Sometimes you really have to use your head and figure out things that makes it absurdly easier, which brings a feeling of empowerment and achievement of it's own (much like dominating it's control and gameplay). If you can't figure something like this out in a game and you find yourself not having fun and "wasting" your time on it, it's obvious that you should play something else.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that the game is to blame for that.

It really didn't seem to work

Whatever you say user, I'm a retard and the game is fucking perfect. It's the best game ever made and has NO flaws.
Silly me for saying that I don't like it and I think it's clunky, I obviously have down syndrome. I'll stop playing games and read books, you've opened my eyes

I didn't say it didn't have flaws or that it wasn't clunky, I'm saying you suck. The MTs don't even start to shoot you until you get a certain distance outside easily avoidable missiles because you can go backwards and the curvature in the wall will be used for cover. You don't advance until you kill the MT and you don't get closer because if you do it's easier to hit you if you do, just keep your distance and shoot em.

This is basic stuff in many games.

Yeah, I suck on the first level.
I was supposed to know the game before I started playing it. Well shit man, I'm so dumb.
Next time, before dropping into a game I don't know, I'll spend a few weeks studying the theory behind it so that once I play the game I know every single in and out of it.

Thank you so much

Nigger the MT goes back and forth, shoots you within a certain distance but it's tracking capabilities is such that just zigzaging directly from a far enough distance in a straight line will avoid the majority of hits, and fires missiles within a further distance but you can just use the god damned walls to avoid it or just be at a different level of elevation and it'll miss. It's not rocket science.

No really, you can figure all that shit out by just sitting on your ass and thinking things through, you don't need to know the entire game in and out you just need to sit and play around with the controls for a bit after killing the first MT (the most dangerous for a complete Newbie) and applying some logic and basic fucking tactics that applies across many many games and not just a single set of games.

Git gud.

Hyperbolizing what people are saying to the point it's not what they're saying doesn't change the fact that you are this pissed off at the game for making you feel like you suck at it.

And no, the game is not perfect. But it doesn't suffer from poor game design as well.

And another strawman. No, what people are saying is that you are slow in learning the game.

Yes, I am retarded, the game is absolutely great
truly one of the classics of our time
thank you from software for blessing us

The game actually doesn't hold your hand if you want knowledge and skill you have to work for it just like every other game that doesn't hold your hand, as a matter o fact I'm almost sure you didn't even find the ingame manual which is way more detailed than the paper one.

The only person bringing that up here is you, nobody mentionned any of that but you.

It is, and you might not like it if you want, but when your dislike comes from a total lack of skill and understanding then you can't possibly expect people to not call you out on it.

Yes you suck, just like you suck at every game you never played before, why can't you accept that fact?

You don't, you can get through a good bit of the game just by paying attention.

Using hyperbole won't make you better at the game; reading the manual takes 15 minute top, looking at the controls charts takes 30 seconds.

And people wonder why soulsfag just resort to git gud.

yup

Fuck, now I wanna play AC again.

Exactly. It's like those old "Resident Evil 1 sucks because it has tank controls". When the game is entirely revolved around those very controls and all the fun based on what you can and can't do when playing that way.

Games are just sets of rules. The fun comes from you knowing how to use said rules to your favor.

That goes to all gameplay elements. All rules combine into a system, that is only poorly designed if unbalanced.

Oh can it with your strawmanning, the tutorial level is bar none one of the easiest levels you could have any game throw at you. Even if the game told you what to do and hold your hand like you wanted I don't think you'd be able to get through it anyways. Yes you suck that much, that's how easy that level is.

When people think Armored Core bullshit the "destroy the truck" level is more likely to pop in their minds or pretty much their first AC fight.

No I mean you are completely right, what do you want me to tell you?
Your favorite games are better than mine, great job user.

I never said it was my favorite, seriously stop whining and git gud. You didn't even say what your favorite game was and I didn't either. Seriously, you think the tutorial is bullshit? Good luck faggot, you haven't seen anything yet.

Werehound probably ranks pretty high, he took me more tries than the whole arena combined on my first time through and I still can't handle him that well unless I just make him run out of ammo.

Hey I'm not whining, I said you were completely right and the game is just perfect as it is and the problem is just me. No matter the fact that it has no tutorial, no explanation, the levels are mostly corridors and everybody else not only shoots faster than you but can also move better.
That doesn't matter, the game is perfect, and I should spend 20 hours on the first 3 levels to learn how to play it, so that once I have done that I can finally have fun.

That's tippity top game design, it doesn't get much better than that.
Thank you user, you are a savior

No yeah, a game explaining how to play the game is holding your hand
I mean as we all know, games should be learned from reading books and external guides, or fuck it, youtube videos.

W-O-W

DSP plz

SUPERIOR NIPPON DESIGN

Are you still requiring assistance? Instead of typing with your "2 hour ps2 limit per week" you should be playing the game to git gud and learn the controls.

Need me to stream you gameplay again? All you need to know is when engaging enemies that are shooting you:
Hold R1. Now tap L1 holding that for half a second; then let go (only holding R1 now). Congratulations you learned how to strafe and dodge. Now do this while TAPPING X which will make you boost-strafe and it will also make you JUMP which will help throw missiles away from you.

Listen if you wanna take your copy of AC2 out of the closet and record yourself how much better you are than me at the defend the bridge mission, go right ahead user, I'll be here waiting for it
I'm sure you'll do great

No, this thread really just left me with a sour taste in my mouth about this game and the people that like it. I'll go back to it in a few months maybe, but for now I'm done

Alright i'm streaming again, better watch and repeat, monkey see monkey do.

Nope, i'm streaming, you are watching. Sit down and relax.
hitbox.tv/anon55

Sure let's fucking go mate.
hitbox.tv/E8aaf6

Well this is akward

You faggot, you are not evn using the basic AC. He's not going to learn a thing

You're spouting bullshit user the MTs in the tutorial area can't kill you in one hit and unless you're retard and go between two of them the firing rate of the missiles isn't fast enough.

You know you can just Overboost past them. The initial 5 is the hardest part and the escort of the informer is always 2 MTs. The manual does show you the controls (FYI R3 and L3 is clicking the analog sticks if you didn't already know that).

Using an overweight AC, shamefer

LOL

I don't play with the default AC usually because it's a bad idea, but I also didn't want to make the thing 5 minutes long by remaking a new AC.

Sure, that's a nice excuse user

At-least I didn't die on the tutorial.

You almost died on the third level, after saying you were an expert
I'd argue it's much worse

but hey what do I know right, I need to git gud

Now this faggot knows what he is doing

It is pretty sad dying on the tutorial though, I beat it when I was 12

He's still playing? geez

I don't disagree, but I never said I was good at the game

Never said I was an expert and as I said taking the default AC is a shit idea.

Well you were shitting on me for not knowing how to play the game, might as well be that
Also it's not like I have a choice at the start of the game to change the AC

You don't change it you buy and sell parts and customize it. If you sold enough parts you can OB past the five guys and hang out on the broken spaceship with a sniper rifle and camp out.

I start with zero money
how am I supposed to do that

By selling your own parts. It's a straight amount that doesn't change so you can sell the rifle and buy them back once you're done. You need a long range targeting head part too though.

Actually it does, you can sell your legs and replace them with tank ones, then you can sell your boosters and back missile for an MG that will wreck every early mission, II don't usually start with missions I just go through the arena in it's entirety beforehand.

Do arena, rank 50-40 and you should get about 100k credits. sell the rifle when you get 40k for the machinegun. Pick up and sell the secret radar in the Garage->Training room at the top ceiling. (if you don't know how google it). That gets you about 200k credits, the 2 radars (back left, back right radar).

Sell everything you don't use.

Werehound user.

I know, trying to remember if he's rank 43, but you get the point. Hit that wall, move to missions.. hit the missions wall, move to arena..

Play formula front ai mode