Hey Holla Forums, perhaps a check-in thread might do us some good

hey Holla Forums, perhaps a check-in thread might do us some good.

Basically, what are you playing now and on what system(s) are you playing? I figure this could help fellow anons maybe discover games they haven't considered be them new or old.

For me, my current plays are South Park: Stick of Truth (on PC) and Animal Crossing New Leaf (DS).
South Park because it was in my backlog and the new one is coming out soon.
Animal Crossing because a coworker got me back into it.

Cool survey thread. I'm playing Video Game on Console. add that to your marketing list.

How incredibly dull. I pity the poor retard who takes your advice.

USA daytime?

Dull?
I've been enjoying it. No more or less dull than any other given quest-oriented RPG game.
At least i'm not just going from point A to point B killing people over and over again like in Fallout 3.

t-thanks Holla Forums

also if you haven't played Deus Ex yet you should 'cause this shit is the bombest fucking party game you'll ever see

Currently fucking with Heart & Slash, Tabletop Simulator with friends, and Grim Dawn. Fun stuff.

OP has no idea what he's doing, so let's adjust the format a little

I'm playing Leisure Suit Larry VGA Remake on my PSP, and God of War: Chains of Olympus on my PC. I'm also playing Uno on my Tablet, and Elder Scrolls the Card game.

Shits all topsy-turvy here in Bizzaro World.

I'm doing my second playthrough of Cave Story+, and building up my garden/colony in Starbound. Shit's pretty fun. Thanks for asking, OP.

k well cya

I wanna kiss his lips

I'm playing Yakuza 5 on the PS3 and ACE Academy at the moment on the PC. Don't play ACE Academy since it's just a visual novel about mechs while you attend a university in Japan. It's just a shitty guilty pleasure of mine.

And multiplayer-wise, I'm playing Rainbow Six: Siege and EDF. I don't really enjoy multiplayer games too much, to be honest.

Might play Zone of the Enders next.

I started playing Red Orchestra 2 again a few days ago. I'm enjoying the custom map servers. Some of them are very well done.

Also playing Little Kings Story on vWii and Rune Factory 4 on 3DS.

Cave Story+ is also in my backlog. I made the mistake of going on the hardest I could from the beginning and got to like maybe the third or so bossfight before I just couldn't hack it anymore.
So is Starbound finally worth playing? I've had it forever and its collecting digital dust since Terraria kept kicking its ass in every single way.

i pirated shovel knight. is there anyway to play the dlc too? i got it from a gog installer.

Monster hunter generations on 3ds.

Why.

You couldn't wait one more day for Friday night, and you couldn't even come yesterday for Waifu Wednesday? How do you live with yourself, OP?

Dragon's Dogma for the billionth time around, I just make alt accounts and enable family sharing so I don't have to restart when I want to make a new character/pawn bought a second copy today so I wasn't so limited on how many friends I can do family sharing with.
PC

Please recommend me games that have fun gameplay, builds, and character customization. Good writing/art/music/setting is appreciated but not required.

and yes I already play a shit ton of Dark Souls too

If you have a 360 then Lost Odyssey might be good.
You mostly customize your characters through their ability to learn, well, abilities.

Which is funny because you can eventually make your immortal characters actually functionally immortal.

has a great story and writing too. Lots of feels.

I have no consolo, not because poorfag but because of the principle of supporting that cancerous business practice.

Xenia is apparently an Xbox 360 (?) emulator.
Maybe try that?

We're a ways off from stable 360 emulation fam, I mean heck gamecube/Wii/PS2 emulation are still only barely passable at best.

This is just my OPINION, but I think it's bretty good. I think I'd put it on the same level as Terraria at this point, since it's had its official release. Ship upgrades, vehicles, quests, lots of fun stuff. Plus workshop support, so there's lots of nice things finally pouring in now that people don't have to wait for stupid updates anymore.

I'd say it's finally worth a shot.

Too many stuff at once, it's overwhelming

I forgot Axiom Verge and Eroge! for PC.

BTW, perhaps I should have asked this in the start of the thread…

But do you have any games you play only when friends come around?
My coworkers and I hold a "game night" whenever we can get a weekend that works for most of us.

For the most part, these end up being Smash Bros, Mario Kart, the latest Gauntlet, Rockband…ya know..multiplayer stuff.

From the little I've seen on Youtube it seems like its extremely slow paced which is a big no-no for JRPGs in my opinion (especially if the game-play is classic turnbased combat). I might get my hands on a X360 soon, apart from multiplats, what are some good exclusives?

Thanks for reminding me, OP

If I had any I'd love to play multiplayer games with them.
Is there really a difference between loneliness and solitude? Or being alone or lonely for that matter….

At the risk of turning this into one of those 4AM crybaby threads let me put it all like this.

That is a feeling you feel when you actually long for others. When people are missing from your life or you actually long for someone, anyone, to engage you socially on a meaningful level.
This is ok to feel because humans are social creatures by biology and nature. It is only natural to feel lonely when you have no other contacts.
Furthermore, I can recognize that for many, the vast majority, that connectivity with people over the internet can not replace face to face contact.
To be short, loneliness is a feeling.

Solitude is a state of being. This is important because solitude can be self or externally enforced. Solitude can (and often does) lead to feelings of loneliness but for some it does not.
For example, I live in solitude but I don't ever feel lonely.

Listen, if you are in college or have a job, I urge you to get some people over to play games. Multiplayer games. Yes…it might be as normalfag as fuck but you have to realize something about most people.
They don't have TIME to be "hardcore" and once more, it is the "hardcore" (read: MLG gamers) that are ruining many of the great multiplayer games anyway.

You will be surprised by the connections you'll make.

I guess I'm a mix of the two. I moved to a different country two years ago so that might be feeding that emotion. I don't understand Americans though, I guess my culture and the way I/we do things is too different
Nothing casual/wrong with multiplayer games mate. I'm talking top of the line shit like Power Stone, Dynamite Cop and the like, not Wii Sports.

Fucking Godhand and EDF 4.1

Finished shadow of mordor today, it was quite "meh" although that might be because i've already played the batman games
Besides leveling some characters in wow i don't know what i'll be playing next, i think i'll give spec ops: the line a try

Playing Monster Hunter Generations and DMC4:SE.
I still can't for the life of me manage to juggle all of Dante's styles after playing Nero or Vergil, and Lady's gameplay style is so much different than the others its almost as hard to wrap my head around. It's still fun gitting gud though.

Is there more like God Hand?

I will say this, God Hand is a case of when the forces of Holla Forums (at this time, 4 Holla Forums) showed me a great game.
I was a streamer at the time. Going through tons of terrible shit. That's besides the point though…
had it NOT been for Holla Forums's demands and their insistence, I would have never played, nay, never KNOWN about God Hand.

and this is why I made such a thread. We need more of this. We need more of this casual conversation of what we're playing, why, and when, and how. back on 4chan I NEVER saw threads dedicated to God Hand but in my stream chat it was requested all the time.

So this is why such a thread needs to exist and why we need to make it a weekly thing. Not just another version of the FRIDAY NIGHT thread, but just a general thing.
You never know, anons, you might find something that is great.

chink/pajeet detected

Star Wars: Republic Commando

……what got a problem with that? I'll fuck you up, don't ignore me you piece of shit. I'm talking to you. You're going to fucking watch me play this game. What bitch? You don't have time to watch? You don't have time to live then mother fucker. I'm going to kill you then fuck your mom in the ass, and beat your dad to death with box of cheques. That's right mother fucker eat lead.

Oh god what have I done, I just killed Reggie, oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. Well back to Republic Commando

*actually Spanish but whatever**

fugg

Senran Kagura Estival Versus which I actually think seems worse compared to the games before it, ZombiU which really has a spooky sense of dread thanks to feeling the closest like a survival horror game in years, Yakuza 2 which is much better over the original, and Phantasy Star 0 which is an amazing attempt at bringing huntan games to DS hardware.

I've only played Shinovi versus on PC, what seems worse about Estival because I've heard that it was universally better?

Dragon's Dogma
Mount & Blade Warband + mods
Neo Scavenger

though i'll be honest when i say that of the 3 i've only been playing DD with a controller and Neo Scavenger consistently because my right hand is currently only 70% functional which rules out kb&m and i simply refuse to play Mount&Blade any other way

Mega Man Zero 3, in the DS collection. It's pretty fun. Don't get much use out of the shield or recoil rod, though. Z saber+buster master race.

I like how the pic you posted is relevant in two ways here

here's a trophy just for you

Replaying Mega Man Star Force 3, and holy shit I forgot how completely amazing Gemini Noise is. I prefer Cygnus Noise, but Gemini's still great.

I've been playing DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D. DOOM and its clones are probably my absolute favorite type of games to play. Let me tell you, I really wish we could see a modern game that recreates that experience; you can not convince me that you couldn't sell an extremely fast, action-packed fps to the masses.