ITT: take any vidya you played and describe it's world as if the protagonist had failed, died...

ITT: take any vidya you played and describe it's world as if the protagonist had failed, died, or never went on his journey to start with.

PS: mods, sorry for making this thread twice, but the images got all fucked up the first time

Zelda

Somewhere out there, there's a very sexy witch.
Banjo Kazooie

He made America great again.

It was a nice, ordinary day.

Age of Decadence gives you a different death screen and text based on what you are doing and if you die during a mission.

That sounds pretty edgy. I kind of like it.

I'm getting the feels again..

The doucheyness of the game over screens pisses me off considering how terrible the AI is.
It is worse than Fallout. In Fallout, when bandits attack you in the city limits guards help, you can actually run away from enemies because the game doesn't force you to be permanently stuck in combat mode forever even if you lock yourself in the attic, and when you run towards a door the game would let you interact with it instead of magically removing your ability open doors because it would exit the screen.

tfw the game in mind's main premise is the protagonist wandering in a alternative timeline where he is dead

You come back but now the snake-like men are now snek-women.

The internet is buttfucked forver, and the kid in the wheechair dies.

Guess the game.

Holla Forums?

Megaman Battlenetwork 3, but that works too. A little too well actually.

Probably an all out nuclear war

I'm sure they would have found some other underling to fuck everything up. The only difference with Freeman not being present is no one would fight against all the soldiers and aliens.

More likely:

Xfiles Game did this. If you shot yourself it creates a suicide note. If you screw something massive up you loose your job. You can kill several characters and it shows what happens as a result of that action and what happens to your character. Game deserves a lot more credit than it got.

Delita succeeds in his plans and becomes king, but shortly afterwards Ivalice and eventually the rest of the world would have been destroyed by otherworldly demons.

More specifically Succubus Jesus.

Damn shame there isn't more art of that.

Most Likely:

Never went on the journey:

The world becomes food for the watchers, barely slightly worse than the current canon.

Failed:

The world becomes food for the watchers, barely slightly worse than the current canon.

Died:

It's canon, nothing changes.

Nigga how do you expect me to explain what the world would be without Postal Dude if you can do a pacifist run?

Chrono Cross?

Legion takes Hoover Dam and kicks the shit out of NCR but spends a long time trying to take New Vegas from House. Eventually Caesar dies from his tumor and the Legion falls apart because Lanius overextends it in his pursuit of the NCR.

Yes.

wanna think that over kiddo?

Dragon Age had a DLC like this

Lord of the Rings Conquest had a DLC like this

Lord of the ring BfM2

Starwars Force Unleashed had DLC like this

They were paranoid, and corrupted as fuck because of pandoras box.

Some chink would die, The people on the island would get to leave and Lara's retarded friends would die.

The Blood Raven's recruiting worlds get obliterated by Tyranids and the Blood Ravens die.

System Shock

Half-Life
Gordon called in sick

But in that timeline, Kratos never killed Ares nor did he open Pandora's Box.

Perhaps Zeus and the other Olympians killed Ares instead or perhaps they were able to calm Ares down and reconcile with him.

actually cave story has a really interesting 'lose' scenario

PROMOTION

SONIC MADE A BAD FUTURE

And that's exactly what made it better than TES V, because instead of, "You're the guy who can do everything, fuck the dragons, fuck the thalmor," it's just that - you're an ordinary criminal who owes a debt to callous fate that put you in your position.

I know, and I love it
are there any other games where you aren't a legendary hero or anything, you're just a guy?
sage for offtopic

I already imagine lazerbot stealing this idea to complete Tails got Trolled

If you are talking about RPGs, there is a whole mess of them. Fallout 1 you are the guy who drew the short stick and you just go off into the wasteland to fix the vault's water chip and get involved into a fucking mess for example.

My personal favorite however is Dragon Quest IV: Hand of the Heavenly bride. No, you are not the hero who saves the land. It is your children.

>Magusar sacrifices Librom instead of making him immortal, immediately begins sacrificing everyone in the world
>Librom being dead, no one is left to tell his or Magusar's story or teach captives the magic required to defeat Magusar
Alternatively, from the beginning
>Librom never joins up with Avalon, is eventually hunted down and slain for being a renegade sorcerer

This is only assuming nobody does anything.

Booster appeared in Kazuma's shack, so they might have eventually gotten out without help.

Quote was partly responsible for revealing the location of the red flowers, and I think also the island core.

Booster and crew relied on quote to go do things. I think King or Sue was supposed to go to the sand zone, and Curly would have reacted differently to another mimiga. NPCs by nature behave differently than the player, so they might have taken in Curly to help them instead of just pushing forward and interacting with everything in their path. Plus it never made sense that Quote would want the key in the first place.

After the core battle, Curly "drowned" and lost memory only in order to save Quote.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy

Emmm….

Rimanah didn't kill his own wife, he continued killing the Jian and (probably) E.Y.E superiors ended up assasinating him.

Or

You never played the game and ignored it's existence.

Obligatory

Metal Gear Solid 3

Bravely Default

Final Fantasy VII

Ground Zeroes

Warrior Within

Reach

Heavenly sword