Hollywood Forever Cemetery removes Confederate monument after calls from activists and vandalism threats

Hollywood Forever Cemetery removes Confederate monument after calls from activists and vandalism threats
The Hollywood Forever Cemetery removed a monument commemorating Confederate veterans early Wednesday after hundreds of activists requested its removal and some threatened vandalism.

The move comes days after violence erupted at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., over the city’s ordered removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. The events triggered a national debate about similar monuments across the country.

Since 1925, the 6-foot monument has stood in the Confederate section of the cemetery, where more than 30 Confederate veterans, along with their families, are buried. The monument will be taken to a storage site within the next 24 hours, cemetery officials said, but the grave markers will remain.

This week, Hollywood Forever was fielding as many as 60 calls and emails a day from people requesting the cemetery get rid of the monument, said Tyler Cassity, the cemetery’s president and co-owner. A Change.org petition calling for its removal drew more than 1,300 signatures.

On Tuesday, someone vandalized the granite boulder monument, Cassity said, using a black marker to write “No” across its bronze plaque.

Cassity said he reached out to the Long Beach chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, which owns the monument and ultimately made the decision to take it down to prevent further acts of vandalism. .

“I was afraid to leave it overnight,” said a spokeswoman for the organization, who asked that her name not be used for fear of reprisal. “We have had the cemetery remove it until we decide what to do.”

Those calling for the monument’s removal are “erasing history,” she said.

“I do not believe in slavery — no sane human would believe in that today,” she said. “But back then they did.”

She condemned the violence in Virginia and expressed sorrow for those killed and injured.

“We weep for the people who are involved in all of the things that are going on in our country — on both sides. We find hatred among white supremacists, we find hatred among Black Lives Matter,” she said. “We should all come together and become one under the United States of America.”

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hollywood-forever-monument-20170815-story.html

(((JEWS))) are behind this, all of this, this is what a monopoly of the media looks like

That's the next step, desecrating their bodies.
The only surprising thing about this is how fast they are moving, in lockstep, in a single week while also attacking Washington, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.

They've gone completely insane, they've going to try to banish white people from public life entirely. They're going keep attacking to make sure everything that has to do with the South, war vets, the Presidents, anything white at all, is gone by the end of the year. This is all Soros money and Jewish media fanning the flames of idiot college kids and Kangz. I'm starting to hate this fucking country. Even if only half of America is cancer, that's 160,000,000 people's worth of cancer.

The trigger point is them removing Trump. If they take out Trump, it is DOTR. This is not a threat, it's a statement.

So lads this was brought up once a long time ago, what if the spirits of the old confederates get pissed off? I'm sure they aren't pleased about having their graves defiled and monuments torn down by mobs of communists.

I'm asking because I remember hearing stories of ghosts getting their jimmies rustled because people fucked with their graves.

If seeing their nation descend into modern Babylon, the central seat for international evil, their people grow lazy, complacent, unhealthy, atheists, the blacks running amok, the Mexicans allowed in by the truckload and a heap more didn't wake them, then this might not do it.

What the fuck are you going to do about it loser.

oooh I'm so scared. You retards have been saying this shit for fucking decades.

Get this through your heads. You will never do anything. You are afraid. You are cowards. Every one of your statues will be torn down and you won't do shit about it.

Why not remove the bodies for illegal migrant bodies to show tolerance?

You must be at least 18 to post on this website.

yes, they should do this to take this crazyness up another level. Perhaps they should target the Arlington as well.

Accelerationist Saga

I'd have to go back a few years to be 18 again user-kun.

Just as easily as we'll boot you from Holla Forums, so shall it come to be in your real life. Believe me, there won't be a shortage of people willing to stuff you into an oven.

you are trolling and wishing to to provoke violence. Come the end of the day you're still a nigger and more than likely will be killed by another nigger in your lifetime over the shoes you wear. Tearing down statues isn't going to help your hoodrat friends better themselves.

If cemeteries aren't off limits to desecration, then museums aren't either. They will destroy all of White America's historical icons unless we destroy them.

Death to our enemies

QUADS OF TRUTH.

We should move leftists to the cemetery, if you know what I mean. No headstone, just a pauper's grave, to symbolize their irreverence.

they did it to one already.

You fucking faggots just had to go and ruin it, didn't you. All you homos had to do was not take the bait, but you took it hook line and sinker giving these fags a reason to take this shit down. Great job you did there homos

Open your eyes, you retarded faggot.

Checked.

You-will-always-be-a-nigger.jpg

They wonder why jews keep winning. Clearly there is a contingent of white people who are as dumb as niggers.

QUADS DON'T LIE

This.

We Ant-ANTIFA now. Pawns in the game of World Zionism and anyone who followed Spencer into a false flag should never try and be political again because you're just going to get used by the next CIA media agent.

What if they remove al statues?
Will the normalfags care?
Just build statues in your yards.

Defeatist shills.

You're an idiot, fam.

Kek confirms. The only way to stop this madness is with violence. Quick… violence.>>10425555

they did shut down that one confederate museum.

The Mayor took down our monument in St. Pete FL. Another (((Mayor))) trying to earn good goy points.

Middle of the night, no debate.

**Unrelated but: what film is this clip from?**

This isn't the first nor last time

So what are you yanks going to do about it? So far you've let them tear down this shit pretty much unopposed.

sounds like they are trying to destroy the history of the south

We have no plan.
Yet.