Game has you go to another/alien world

Why is this a thing?
You wouldn't expect to go to an alien world and see cows and sheep just walking around so why do so many games have grass and trees?

Other urls found in this thread:

science.sciencemag.org/content/310/5751/1126
halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_scalecomparison/1280h.html
amusingplanet.com/2012/05/socotra-island-of-strange-plants.html
halo.wikia.com/wiki/Human-Forerunner_war
reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/comments/4h2dvw/0510_minor_update/
animalcognition.org/2015/04/15/list-of-animals-that-have-passed-the-mirror-test/
us.whales.org/whales-and-dolphins/brain-power
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/14/angela-merkel-multiculturalism-is-a-sham/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/angela-merkel-germany-multiculturalism_us_566f2e15e4b0fccee16f7757
bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451
rt.com/op-edge/325996-germany-merkel-migrants-magazine/
express.co.uk/news/world/663081/Merkel-ally-admits-multiculturalism-failed-calls-Islamist-eviction
euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/after-merkel-cameron-too-says-multiculturalism-has-failed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

grass and trees are completely sensible structures for plant life, i'd expect something similar to exist on most worlds with life

Because those are vital elements for the formation of complex ecosystems as we know them?
You need elements that protect the soil in order for complex life to develop. Now, they don't need to be grass and trees as we know them, but there's nothing wrong with making places with immediatly recognizable characteristics.
That said, Halo aliens are pretty unimpressive, and as I recall the ringworlds were made by precursors which interacted with humanity, so it's not a stretch to assume that they moved some lifeforms from Earth to the ringworlds.

Pick another game, faggot.

Is it so alien a thought that another planet developed life the same way we did?

You could say that about anything alive today.

Grass as we know it is only a few million years old. For most of lifes history it didn't exist.
Grass wasn't really a thing during the time of the dinosaurs.

Better yet

Because as far as we know, fauna on Earth is the gold standard for plantlife and all other plantlife in the universe would at least be comparable to what is on our planet. Also designing totally alien plants is difficult and would take a lot more time to make something that doesn't look retarded, while also being obviously some sort of plant.

so what the fuck was there before grasses, just moss and ferns?

Because that is extremely unlikely.
If it were likely grass and Flowering plants would have evolved many times instead of being something that is younger than the Dinos.

Except there were many types of fauna on earth.

Why do they just so happen to get the exact type of plants that are on earth right now?

science.sciencemag.org/content/310/5751/1126
You're bullshitting.

Fuck, meant flora but whatever.

Yeah, and all other evidence says otherwise.
Even if grass evolved at the end of the dinos reign all signs point to it being at best a last edition and not very common.

Read the lore fucktard ;^)

just procedurally generate it

Yes

Pick one

How is it unlikely out of the infinite chances of plant life to spread it makes sense. Also why how does the planets soil stop from eroding if nothing keeps it anchored down like roots of a tree?

Because before the Halo rings destroyed all living matter they grabbed samples from earth and other planets containing life to repopulate them with the native species.

Except that for the last 55 million years, at the least, it's spread to pretty much everywhere and does its job admirably. Anyway, ecosystems need plants and trees before complex shit can happen.
Halo is a pretty bad example, considering the precursors literally visited Earth and took things from there to seed their ringworlds. If you want alien planets you have plenty of games to choose from like No Man's Sky :^)

It's possible but still unlikely. Something like Grass isn't something that is "going:" to evolve. It is something that probably only does sometimes because if it were easy to evolve we would have seen grass like plants spring up over and over again. When something only springs up once and only recently it is a good sign that it is rare.

and you wonder why there were so many wars?

Its called a biosphere you buffoon

What does that have to do with specific species of plants?

Grass was created because after the ice age hit and all the oxygen on earth was trapped in ice (No really) everything went on a massive fucking downgrade in size, from plants to animals

That's why all life on earth is far smaller now, far less oxygen in the air vs millions of years ago

That's why everyone rips on Jurassic Park movies, cause if you did manage to make such a creature live again once it passed a certain size it would just start suffocating

There are certain laws of physics and many of these laws encourage the type of life we see on Earth, however there's no reason to expect we won't see that on other planets

Regardless of the planet Green will always be the best for photosynthesis. Certain shapes will always have certain advantages

Also Halo isn't an Alien World, it's a construct, made by the same people who seeded life on Earth

Because a gamer enters a brand new world and they instantly have to make sense of it

Half Life 1 the alien world ecosystem you visit only makes sense if you read the books, when you play the game with zero context of what is what shit just looks fucked up and bizarre, hell I thought it was a fractured dimension in space time shit is pulled into vs an actual place life thrives

A gamer has to see something and has about a tenth of a second to process and "Get" it, otherwise you got FF13 where the game comes with a 40K page encyclopedia for shit to make sense

Because why the fuck would plant life differ much on another planet? Plants developed to exist most ideally with the current living conditions of Earth. The same conditions, mind you, that developed intelligent species such as humans. If an alien world has the conditions needed to develop intelligent alien life, odds are similar looking plants would develop under such conditions

Halo drives me insane because it used to be some fucking amazing world

Then 95% of it got axed to make it in time for the XBOX release

That's why I think a planet of giants might exist.

Firstly, OP, halo is a fucking horrible example considering the fact that the Forerunners collecting and seeding life throughout the galaxy is a hugely important part of the lore.

Secondly, convegerant evolution works as such that even on a totally alien planet, you are likely to see similar trends in it's life just due to the basic ways physics work, which would eventually lead to similar circumstances. For example, a lot of scientists think that if we find intelligent alien life, it's likely to end up looking somewhat humanoid merely due to the fact that our intelligence devolved as a result of bipedalism and us losing our hair and other factors.

You are confusing Precursors with Forerunners. Precursors are an even more ancient and more advanced race then the forerunners, basically being to them what the forerunners are to humanity and are reality warping eldritch elder gods and are some of the most OP fuckers in the entire sci fi genre

Forerunners haven't been ancient humans since before halo 3.

Also in case anybody is a giant autist like me and finds these scale charts cool, there's about 50 of them here, just click the red boxes to zoom into other ones:

halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_scalecomparison/1280h.html

Well because it's hard to imagine vegetation that wouldn't be grass and trees, And really in order for grass and trees to not exist in a form we are not living with right now the enviroment has to be completely different.

Do you even know what grass is? A vascular plant, do you know what covered the planet when plants evolved beyond moss like grass? Vascular plants; like ferns and horsetails. So instead of blades of long grass (which is basically similar to what wheat fields looks like) you'd get tons of shit like horsetails and ferns.

If aliens exist do they enjoy the same things we do?

its so that people can be tricked into becoming fedoras because it makes them think there are parallel universes and aliens everywhere

if you're asking seriously, yes and no.

Food? if they need to eat. Sex? If they're a they, they want sex and like us are sex machines.

Everything else? it depends on how their minds work, but I guaruntee you there's aliens who like fantasy out there if they're advanced enough to actually make it off planet, because that's what fantasy is, a need to find adventure. So vidya would be up their alley.

Even if there are plants, there would be totally different the ours. Different world, different path to evolving. They would look different, they will behave differently, they might take in different nutrients then our plants.

Our plants already are totally different from other plants

amusingplanet.com/2012/05/socotra-island-of-strange-plants.html

I should be ashamed of knowing this artist

A shame he doesn't draw more females

I'd find it really hard to believe that any plant that requires nutrients from the sun would not evolve similar traits. About the things that are new and probably wouldn't happen are flowers because those serve a different purpose then leaves and maybe trees because proto-trees and the gigantic form of some plants that evolved into trees would be more advantageous. Grass however has a very reasonable chance of happening at any time simply because it's not hard for grass to exist and spread to any environment once it appears so long as the right conditions exist.

Strange, I don't recall those from any of the games or books. The games/books that actually exist, of course, and not the made up shit called "Halo 4" and its accompanying books

What Bungie did to Reach's lore is bad enough. You'll never convince me that 343's lore rape is canon.

Precursors were introduced in Halo 3's limited edition material, user, So firstly, for somebody who professes to love halo lore, you don't into it very well.

Secondly, stop being an asshurt faggot. The vast majority of 343's novels have been really good. In fact, lemmie break it down for you, in order from best to worst book.

Silentium (343)
Contact Harvest (Bungie)
Cryptum (343)

Ghosts of Onyx (Bungie)
Broken Circle (343
Last Light (343)
Primordium (343)
Evolutions (343)
Shadow of intent (343)

Fall of Reach (Bungie)
Hunters in the Dark (343)
First Strike (Bungie)
Saints Testimoney (343)

Glasslands (343)
Thursday War (343)
Cole Protocol (Bungie)
The Flood (Bungie)

Mortal Dictata (343)

This is all IMO, of course, but I'd say this is still fairly accurate personal taste aside, though Ghosts of Onyx is really more in bewtween god tier and great tier. Worth noting eveyrthing is in order inside each tier too

THIRDLY, nothing got retconned from the Fall of Reach: All the conflicts Halo Reach has with the book have been explained without retcons, and all but one of the explanations are fine and reasonable.

Looking through this has given me a newfound appreciation for Halo in general. For all the unfounded shit people give it about being baby's first consolified casual shooter, it is an extremely sophisticated piece of science fiction realized on an unprecedented scale. And it maintains a level of verisimilitude that most individual SF authors could only dream of. It is so real.

Too bad the related shows/anime were garbage.

Grass, trees, etc. are shaped the way they are because it's the best form for soaking in sunlight, water and CO2 to perform photosynthesis. Unless you can come up with a better design, chances are alien worlds have life like ours.

You don't read much sci-fi, I take it.

memes aside, I honestly enjoyed all of the halo books, some for different reasons than others

Finally have a reason to post this image.

You now understand why UFO Defense rookies were so fucking retarded

It's all I read, smartass. Try me: name something you'd consider highbrow.

And when you compare the franchise to other SF titles in the videogame landscape, there isn't even a contest.

If it's all you read then how can you possibly call Halo "unprecedented scale".

Justify this.

You are heavily implying there is some other races other than the human race. That's racist.

delete this

Most planets/moons in the solar system are single enviroment.

no

Because Halo is trash

Hello?

Does that means everyone will become a BIG GUY® when all the ice melts?

Only the last travis book is nearly as bad as people say they are. The first two are pretty decent. Not the best halo books, but still plenty enjoyable.

Halo is one of the few series that has a good excuse for it you cuck

You should read the novels, the halo books are actually really good even as their own thing. Tonally, they are also pretty different from the games: The games are almost science fantasy action movies, the novels are almost hard sci fi and are much more grounded in reality and are bleaker.

The forerunner triologyin particular is a really remarkable blend of cosmic horror and sci fi, and does an amazing job of capturing the immense timescales (hundreds of thousands to millions of years) at play as well as scale of space and range of technologies (from near cave men to beings that can halt or reverse entropy, warp reality, and can move galaxies and use stars as weapons)

It is, for a videogame. Even where books are concerned, very few feature something the size of a Dyson sphere. Perhaps unprecedented was the wrong word. But I will say that the Halo franchise has something going for it that the aformentioned books don't - characters and events a person could care about if they tried. It's hard to say the same about the "golden age" classics that stubbornly pursue novel concepts like ringworlds at the expense of everything else.

Like Asimov's Rendezvous with Rama, which uses deadpan characters to introduce us to a cylindrical megastructure world - and does nothing with it, as if the notion of such a thing alone is supposed to bowl us over in awe. I know this was the early 70s but expectations have changed.

Their civilization most likely don't have jews.

Starflight did it right 30 years ago. Why can't modern games do it right?

lmao

lmao

never called you shit taste casuals cucks, you just self inserted like the mangina numale you are

lmao

Do you think it is coincidence that the planets we know the most about, we also know to have the most diverse environments? This is most likely an issue of human ignorance.

although, As soon as you introduce significant biomass to a planet, the diversity of the environments skyrocket. If we happen to find life somewhere, it is likely on a planet with a lot of diverse environment.

That's the most buzzwords i've seen in one post in a long time

ITT: Holla Forums argues about grass, more news at eleven.

That's some Morrowind-esque shit

your meme fu is as weak as you are

So halo SPV3 has been released a while ago. It's bretty gudd tbh

It looks visually inconsistent to me. Parts of it look great, almost like halo 3 level graphically, others loook way worse

personally i'm really enjoying halo 5's MP. I had no expectations of it being good but by some miracle 343 nailed it. A shame the campaign is so eh

The chances of that are next to impossible, if not completely impossible.

Green is not the best for photosynthesis, it depends on the class of star.
If a planet was orbiting a red dwarf, the plant life would likely be very dark, if not black in colour.
If a planet was orbiting a blue-main sequence star, plant life would likely be orange or yellow.
Our plants are green, because it's the colour that absorbs the most light coming from our yellow-dwarf.

The Flood are actually the remnants of the Precursors.

Also, Forerunners aren't human, nor did they make humanity. They were entirely different species, and were actually at war at one point.
Forerunners won the war and made humanity restart it's civilization from the Stone Age.
In the Halo universe, humanity used to be just as advanced if not more, than the Forerunners.

Oh i see where this going.

And the war was started because humanity was fleeing from the Flood, and entered Forerunner space. Apparently they didn't like that.

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Human-Forerunner_war

Get your Halo 4 crack rock dogs fan-fiction out of here

You know the rings are artificial constructs right? So having flora and fauna similar to Earth is entirely possible.

Why do I want to stick my tongue up there? This is not right, I'm not gay at all.

I want to get railed by that thing. After giving it a bath first.

Tease him until he lets out a feral roar, user
You gotta~

Same reason most aliens in media are bipedal and humanoid, you write what you know

STOP

No. Every lorefag knows the halo wiki is shit and halopedia is a better resource

see

The forerunner novels and the lore in them are some of the best content in the entire EU

…there's grass in all of those pictures.

What, you mean the books where the entire history of the universe and the most important conflicts in them are told from the perspective of a CAVE MAN who has no frame of reference for describing half the things he encounters?

That's only the case really for the second book in the trilogy, and you'll note that that's a full tier lower then books 1 and 3.

It's to make it feel grounded so that players can easily navigate and feel immersed. If it's completely unfamiliar, then people won't understand what's going on or what to do. Every single sci-fi contains at least one thing witnessed on earth.

Fucking hate this.

The aliens who created that world also created Earth clearly.

pick one

is there a way to play the original Halo with a mouse and keyboard?

Are there any fantasy games that break this mould? Morrowind is the only one I can think of.

It wasn't. Grass as we know it today evolved in the paleogene, dinosaurs were eating mostly ferns and conifers.

user non of those pictures is depicting the prehistoric era, note the building in the bottom left and the asian thingy in the top middle row.

Because its an artificially created world you fucking retard. Great job fucking it all up in your very first post.

this

The Zelda Series, sort of. The covers and the NES-SNES games make it look kinda generic, but by OoT, it feels much less like Medieval Land.

I wish this was even remotely true but you'd be hard pressed to find anything resembling medieval europe except for very rare game like Darklands or Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Why live

Th-that's fine, it's not like I was looking forward to fighting aliens or anything…

Speaking of Halo, is that Russian Halo 3 PC shit still around?

I wanna play that shit again.

yes it is, it's called Halo Online

Yeah but, what about the modded servers and the dewrito shit?

yeh, gotta download eldewrito don't know about the mods, haven't gotten a chance to try them out

No shit sherlock.

I mean, what HAPPENED to it. I checked the old board, and it's apparently dead, all the links are dead.

I'm assuming the dream died along with everyone's lack of ambition.

Oh well, guess it's back to playing oblivion.

idk, ctrl+f the catalog or just start it up and look for servers

I did, all the links are dead.

Either Microsoft slammed them, or they all got cum on the brain.

The links here are working, I pardon in advance for them being on reddit but fuck?
reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/comments/4h2dvw/0510_minor_update/

Hey why did the girl in Aliens say they only come out at night when its clearly always nighttime

Because the majority of the film takes place in a man made facility with artificial lighting?

Why would you expect alien life to bear no similarities to earth life? Evolution would likely lead aliens down similar paths.

Shit thread, and fuck you for drawing attention to gaylo: combat devolved. The series is flat out mediocre and the first one isn't even good by console standards unless you compare it to games that control like complete and utter shit.

This is what people who do not understand evolution really believe.

wew lad, been a while since I've seen anyone project this hard. That's some next level SJW cuckery.

This is what people who do not understand evolution really believe.

Given similar planets with similar atmosphere and temperatures it's pretty easy to imagine that any niche will be filled as on earth. If a creature can gain advantage by taking to the air then it will, and due to the laws of physics there are only so many ways to build a wing that functions.

Bipedal, upright animals with fingers and a complex vocal system is very conductive for tool use, it shouldn't come as a surprise that intelligent life would have it.

Using the biggest energy production plant in the universe (a star) is a pretty good strategy for energy, it shouldn't be a surprise that sessile organisms with pigment that absorbs high energy photons from the sun would evolve everywhere.

Take notes class.

Fixed

let's see who got those nice digits.

You fucking nigger, now I'm depressed.

Fucking Star Wars

Why do people like this shit when basically all of its content happens ON EARTH

I really thought they would do an effort in Star Wars VII but nope, the Death Planet has snow and fucking pines, the desert planet is well, a desert, the secret base has european forests and shit. The worst of this is PALM FUCKING TREES IN ROGUE

I'm not a big SW fan but c'mon they get like hundreds of millions to make a movie yet they can't come with original landscape?

bats r cool I can hear them at night

Yes. All of us will be the Big Guys.

UUUU

Ah I didn't think to check reddit.

And don't worry about linking reddit links, if it works it works dude.

Thank you.

I wonder why the Halo people didn't name the scorpion after a big cat to keep with Germany's tradition.

Halo military stuff was mostly based off the US
except for the ship names which were top tier

Die in a fire while driving off a building on top of a bridge on top of a cliff

More like shit tier.

Recycled assets

You're assuming that the same 5 mass extinctions will occur that basically paved the way for mammalian life. Aliums could be larger with more limbs because the oxygen that would support megafauna never got trapped in ice, or they may communicate with light, (for example a sign-language system) because they have more energy to manipulate muscles due to the warmer global temperature from the ice age (which we are currently in) never happening, or they could communicate with smell/pheremones because whatever species that was their precursor never was killed off in a mass extinction.

Why would they name a tank after a fucking Sonic character?

In Amber Clad, doofus.

Shit, I'm retarded. Disregard this.

Lousy Berenstain Universe.

Aint the witcher series set is whats basically medieval europe but with some magic?

Nigger, that's extremely unlikely to happen. If its organic flesh but not actual human tissue, any germs you have would be unable to infect it further than any other simple bacteria, of which there would be plenty in a unhygienic flesh hellscape, which probably would have an inmune system of its own. And even if its a mass of human tissue, it would rapidly develop the same antibodies you have that prevent you from dying from those bacteria.

It would have to be pretty similar considering grass didn't evolve in all those other environments on earth. So it is very unlikely.

No, it doesn't have to be similar it just has to be more advantageous to surviving overall.

I wanna do all the gay things with a Jackal
All dat cockstuffin, mmph~

I have a friend that's quite into Halo snuff

having free arms is definitely conductive to tool use, but bipedalism isn't the only way to get there. The reason we are bipeds, and not cetaur-like, or horse-with-arms-on-the-front is probably just that there are no six-limbed large animals. more than 4 gets into the teretory of redundancy when you have powerful enough limbs to lift/accelerate your entire body with just one limb. Redundancies spend all your budget, and in the case you need the extra limb, you are probably dead from bleeding or infection anyways. The evolutionary disadvantage heavily outweighs the advantage.

Oh god yes. Otherwise being gay is retarded.

I just pretend its a cuntboy

I pretend it's a female who loves human dick more than anything as it probably is

here's a thought experiment for you all.
assuming different species had survived or otherwise avoided major extinction events, what would naturally develop instead of modern apes?
animalcognition.org/2015/04/15/list-of-animals-that-have-passed-the-mirror-test/
as from this article, as well as other research says, we know that several genus' of modern birds can pass the cognition test, as well as aquatic mammals and possibly even ants. We can try and say that small raptors (modern bird's ancestors) were in a track to simulate a form of social intelligence similar to that of early hominids, also you can theorize that, as their ancestors have developed partial cognizance, so too could raptors have.
Gregariousness is also a common trait shared by most of these animals. With elephants and ants and whales.

the biggest hurdle to overcome is how to provide enough energy to sustain larger brain formation, the human brain takes up 1/3 of our total caloric intake, animals that need to enter hybernative states or otherwise conserve a large amount of their energy due to limited dietary ranges simply can't cut it. You'll need to either have an incredibly reliable source of food, or be an omnivore as to take advantage of the highest range of sustainable.

This one goes again to mammals and birds, as their hybernative states are much less restrictive compared to insects or lizards. Aquatic mammals, barring whales perhaps, also have a rather large amount of room when it comes to diets and could most likely survive with larger brains

lastly we need tool-usage and the ability to learn. Birds have been seen to drop nuts in japanese streets and wait for cars to run over them and collect it once they're cracked, whales and dolphins are commonly sighted as being incredibly intelligent. I'll just drop a link because there are better experts than me in the field of marine biology us.whales.org/whales-and-dolphins/brain-power

so, the most likely candidates I'd say for replacing the mantle of humanity would be evolutionary derivatives of raptors, whom would most likely already rule if there wasn't an extinction event in the middle of their evolutionary progression, and aquatic mammals.

For fuck sakes Holla Forums.

You want some silicon based vegetation or just want different pigmentation on everything?
You want some bioluminescent mushrooms everywhere because glowing = alien?

That's what I'm talkin bout. Let's get some arsenic based lifeforms in this bitch.

I don't think you know what the word history means user.

All of this. No matter where you are, the laws of evolution and physics apply. The traits that allow the individual to reproduce the most is going to spread even on an alien planet.
If you had a planet with he same properties as earth you would see very similar life forms taking on similar roles. It may not be from the same roots (instead of birds (lizzards with feathers using their front limbs to fly) in the sky you may see something similar to Mammals with special hair using their hind limbs to fly).
If you want different life forms you need different planets with different parameters.

Mein Neger

Yes.

If you had sex with a consenting female alien would it be legal or considered bestiality?

What is Mass Effect?

A video game

Shit.

Why is this a thing? You wouldn't expect to go to an alien world and see cows and sheep just walking around so why do so many games have grass and trees?

All flora and fauna that is carbon based will probably look similar to what we have on earth. An exception would be if the planet has relly high gravity but then it would be really improbable for that planet to host life.
implying it isnt already

It's xenophilia. No law for that yet.

SOM-BOOODI

Not just shape and function, but lots of behavioral patterns as well. Even things like morality evolve out of selection pressures for the survival and expansion of the species that won't be any different between worlds.

There might be other paths to intelligence, but we have to assume that the only one we know to have worked is at least the most likely. It's not that one should expect to see exact humans out there, but the difference between species is going to be more like the difference between cows and sheep, rather than the difference between monkeys and mollusks.

what the fuck are you talking about? oxygen doesn't get trapped in ice and that has nothing to do with megafauna.

What you are saying isn't just plain wrong, it's practically negative right becasue you made these three
>>10426286
more retarded with you post instead of smarter.

It didn't happen with mammals by random chance, it happened because they were suited to it in a way that everything that came before was not.

Well, I would think that, if the soldiers would listen to generic heavy metal made in Garage Band for ceremonially purposes, they'd consider Sonic to be a religious icon.

So: they'd name a recon vehicle after Sonic, a VTOL after Tails, a light tank after knuckles, and, of course, an MBT after Big.

It's unlikely that civilization could form in the water, so that rules out aquatic mammals. It's unlikely that dexterous/sensitive enough hands could evolve from hind limbs, so that rules out all birds.

Thing is, there's no particular reason for increased intelligence to be selected for as a "goal" of evolution, anyway. Birds and whales have survived for ages without getting any smarter, and marginally more intelligent individuals don't have a reproductive advantage. Bacteria and insects have survived billions of years without anything resembling intelligence.

To point, humans aren't even successful because of individual intelligence. Being social is better-selected in human evolution than is raw brainpower, especially recently.

There must be a particular reason intelligence was selected for, otherwise we wouldn't have it. For birds and whales, marginal increases in intelligence probably have no benefit whatsoever, presumably because they have such a limited ability to use tools - none of their abstract thoughts would be actionable. There's no impetus for them to climb the "hill" of optimization needed for intelligence to start becoming a real asset.

But proto-humans were a bomb waiting to go off. We had the physiology and environment to leverage intelligence gains into a survival advantage. Once that started, I think what followed could probably be described as an runaway bypass into a new set of optimae. A region that's very difficult to enter for most orgamisms, but provides incalculable benefits.

The idea that humans aren't successful because of individual intelligence is false; individual intelligence is the only possible measure of intelligence. It's not as if being predisposed for intelligence can possibly decrease your reproductive success. All things equal a smarter person is simply better. And the term "raw brainpower" is nebulous, what does that even mean? The brain's power can be tailored for any task by a lifetime of experience and repetition, including a grasp of social situations or ways to reproduce most successfully.

I think the ability to communicate effectively with each other effectively in a group is an important factor.
One reason we, as a specie, went so far ahead is that we got into groups and had roles to fulfill.
We then optimized the roles we fulfilled to give out the least amount of effort for maximum gain.
The shape of our mouths allowed us to communicate very, very effectively. Even though starting with mere
moans and groans, we were able to produce a common language because our mouths' shapes allowed us to do so

We also have to take into consideration what you said about the ability to use tools. Which definitely rules out some other animals.
The ability to use/handle said tools requires the basic ability of holding it, which was opposable thumbs.

So if we are to look for animals besides monkeys that could've evolved, I'd rule out anything that has a beak snouts, or wings.

Socializing, even flies make a conscious decision when it comes to mating (even though it's just a simple yes or no answer) but pretty much the rest of their actions is rote. For survival your intelligence only needs to be good in the areas that will help you survive and to be roughly equal or better then your competition. or just plain better if you're a loner. When socializing became more complex the need to be smarter increased, which in turn increases the need to be smarter overall so you can compete, and so on and so forth.

Of course there is more to it then that and particular environments encourages more intelligence in certain areas over others or at all in some cases because it's more necessary to have it like the seasons and having an abstract understanding of time when you're a farmer.

Thinking about it, I think Octopus can evolve to have a civilization.

Octopi are smart, communicate with colors and shit, can hold shit.

buttsecks

While they may be outsmarting you, doesn't mean they have any consciousness.

Confirmed cuck.

i wanna fuck that plesioth

nice

The insect nervous system is broken up into two parts, the brain which only controls a specific subset of parts and tasting food central nervous system which serves pretty much the same functions as the midbrain of a vertebrate the rest of it's nervous system does everything else and that is why insects can survive when decapitated and this nervous system is a complex set of action and reactions based on stimulus because it's a series of interconnected ganglia (clusters of neurons that process sensory information). However when a female fly is decapitated it won't mate with a male fly willingly and when they slapped some electrodes in there the brain actually does make what is considered to be a conscious decision when it came to mating with other flies it's a simple yes or no decision that the female thinks for a bit based on what the head is receiving without the head the body just rejects the male as a foreign element.

As for consciousness in general, Insects do have it specifically they have a rudimentary phenomenal consciousness meaning they experience the world from a first person perspective and they have the most primitive form of ego, where they simply prioritize stimulus over others based on what is relevant to it at the moment.

You can't even prove that you have consciousness, let alone that an insect does. A single yes or no decision to mate isn't consciousness, that might be determined by a function so simple you could write it out by hand. Consciousness totally eludes objective measurement or quantification. We don't even know if it's real or how it should be defined.

The only way I can think to approach this is to look at what practical purpose (alleged) consciousness serves, and then to see if it's necessary for a fly, or if fly behavior is compatible. The purpose of ego or self-awareness, as I see it, is to provide a baseline for comparison to other organisms that allows us to more accurately evaluate our situation. Know your enemy and know yourself. Flies certainly can't do the first part, empathy, but can they do the second? Developing a self-image requires long-term memory. One look at a fly endlessly smashing into a window or light bulb for hours should tell you all you need to know. Flies don't have the ability to remember anything, meaning ego or self-awareness would be wasted on them. And if it serves no purpose, why assume it exists?

That's the romantic view of it sure.

Our midbrain creates a single egocentric point of view based on what we perceive and insects have a very, very simplistic form of this that operates under similar principles. Flies do have a self image and they do model themselves as they move through space but again it's very simplistic but it's actually neccesary for them to fly around and they don't feel things like remorse they feel things like hunger and pain and an analog to anger and they don't have imagination. And yes they do have some memory stored in their central nervous system their actual brain doesn't handle much in terms of functions.

What you're relating to being consciousness is a much more complex and advanced form of it which gives way to things like self reflection.

Humans were the forerunners. Or, really closely related to the forerunners. Possibly cousins.
Regardless, they grew up with similar needs and planets.

Fuck 343

Read the halo 3 terminals you cuck

also see

Fuck off, mate. I hope you get cancer.

From what I remmeber of the terminals, they never say anything explicit, and in fact in my opinion seemed to further imply the link with humans.

tell me you rocket tards don't actually wax your carrot to that shit

I mean, typically, I prefer something a bit more aliumlike, but I wouldn't not do an elite.

Autistic retards like you are the reason why Halo is nothing more that a garbage series that fell off the map.

Like seriously, are you too fucking special ed to be sexually attracted to actual human beings? Is the thought process of seeing an actual feminine face too much for your little pea-brain to fully digest, so instead, you turn to sexualizing a fucking mediocre FPS that honestly had exceptional lore, and just throwing all it down the gutter, just like every other autistic spic child does when they cling to shit they don't even play, let alone 'like'.

This thread was perfectly fine without you having to show how sexually insecure you are where you need to whip your micro-cock out and stroke it with tweazers just to try and be 'productive' when all you're doing is just being an autistic spammer, wasting everyone's time but your own. Since you don't have self-awareness, so such concepts like time, or you know, not being a socially inept moron is foreign to you.

This is just fucking embarrassing.

I swear, back in the day on 4chan, the same retards like you would ruin perfectly good threads with your autistic 'fetish'.

This thread isn't even about halo, you probably just fucking found the thread, saw the halo CE screenshot, and decided, "Today is the day I decided to shit up a perfectly okay thread, without understanding what it's about, and show everyone how much of a fucking loser and total third world moron I am."

ask me how i know you haven't been laid

What would be a good alternative to bipedal form?

a gun to your head and pulling the trigger

Personally, I am a raving xenophile. I don't much care for humans, or deeply humanoid lots, as they tend to be rather dull to me, quite frankly.
I want to make love with the hive queen, sleep with the dragon, fuck the mantis, do the space eel, and so on. But I don't much see what that's got to do with anything.

I love the Halo series, mate. Still do. Hate the 343 garbage, though. Mostly gave up on the lot with Reach, as Reach was a major disappointment. Especially since it didn't follow the lines from the reach book, which rather messed it up for me.
Don't know why they did that, frankly.

But, hey, scream autistically as you will.

Because intergalactic space ships aren't a real thing yet?

None, You want to know what would be a good alternative to your autistic fetish?

Sending your ass to prison for being a faggot, and a probable kid diddler, Cause in my line of work, it's always the autistic morons whom somehow always end up trying to exact their little faggot fetishes upon those 'weaker' than them.

Sure you can claim you want to be a little space twink and fuck mealworm looking faggot aliens, whom in your faggot fetish makes no sense cause of how in lore, they literally don't have the same fucking genitals, so sticking tits and pussies, and that weird fucking furry bullshit where you autistic morons always make them fat with some weird stomach pouch is just disgusting.

Look in the mirror, you and your fetish are actually WORSE than those twinks who ogle over fucking anime, one hundred times worse, if not EQUAL to autistic morons and dumb spic children who cling to ponies and furries because actual human interaction causes you to fill your diaper up.

jesus fucking christ

go home, get in your bed, and speak to no one.

Right back at you, faggot
Hell, skip the bed, and go straight for the noose.

There is no test able to determine whether a fly, or even another human, has a sense of self or experiences qualia. I don't know what else to say, your argument hinges on the assumption that because they have something like a brain, they necessarily have experiences as we know them. That consciousness is proportional to the sophistication of the brain. That doesn't hold up to scrutiny. There are tons of things our brains can do that an insect's brain is utterly incapable of, even to a limited degree. Where is the flaw in assuming that insects are philisophical zombies?

How the fuck do normalfags find this place?

Get your head out of your ass, 343 has release a huge amount of good novels, and the forerunner/flood/precursor lore is some of the bes in the EU

It wasn't explicit, but I don't see how you could interpret it in any way but that Humanity and the Forerunners were completely separate species, and the foreunners had no familiarity with Earth any more then any other random world they came across:

yeah, sure, buddy. go back to writing your erotic alien versus predator fanfiction.

That would still be bipedal from, just without the head.

I was asking for an example of non-bipedal intelligent alien, beacuse it's seems very unlikely that something like this would exist, my ebin friend

No, 343 made some of the most generic lore I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Anyway, that log don't suggest unfamiliarity so much as beauty, and potential. Especially when you consider all that jazz was up on the halo rings.
Incidentally, this is what made me think humans might be a cousin. Though, with the forerunner spread, even a direct descendant is possible.
Regardless, they recognized humans, and were evidently surprised and intrigued to see them. Now, if they were an entirely new species, they wouldn't recognize them.

Frankly, I do not see how you could interpret it any other way than the forerunners had familiarity with them and the planet they were on.

Scientists found this stuff out by sticking electrodes into the nervous system, and measuring it. They've been doing this for decades I don't know where you're from but it's obvious you're completely out of the loop at how far we've come to understanding this stuff. It's why we even know that the central nervous system of insects does the same thing the midbrain does or even why the midbrain does what it does. Of course there is also the neocortex which an insect completely lacks but i was never saying an insect had the same kind of conciousness we do simply that they are. A self image as projected as they move through space is necessary for insects to have in order to navigate and if they can't do this they're pretty much completely incapable of navigating anything.

The "I" in I am therefore I am is not the end all and be all.

No, Personally you're a raving faggot.

No nigger, You ARE HUMAN, you can't just fucking say, I don't care much for humans when you are one. Rather you're probably either some autistic clown, or some autistic shit-skinned spic/nigger/mong creature whom only mimics human behavior.

You're nothing but a furry, a bonafide furfaggot. There's a reason as to why people who think they can proudly say they don't care much for humans, when in reality, you're just a furry, of which are always gay, always faggots.

You and your mental illness have evolved only slightly above fur-faggotry, but not above the whole spectrum of faggotry itself.

Look at you, saying you want fuck bees, dragons, mantis, eels. Like nigger, do you know where you are? This isn't fucking 4chan, this isn't fucking whatever faggot furry site you linger on at ungodly hours of the day because you leech off society via welfare and autism bucks.

No nigger, you clearly don't. Perverting it, turning it into some mentally ill wet dream isn't 'love'. You as an autist, as a sub-human feces ingesting clown cannot and will not understand the concept of "Love" whether it's platonic, or entirely romantic.

Any real Halo enthusiast would say Reach was a good final hurrah, but here's the autistic wannabe faggot furry clown child claiming it was a 'major disappointment', I wonder why? Cause you couldn't just breeze through the game so you can whip out your tiny chode to fucking grunts screaming and crying. Then you whine about the reach book, No one gives a shit about the Halo books unless you're fucking underage and actually think some supplemental dribble because it adheres to your whole life choice of wanting to fuck creatures that remind you of inflatable pool toys.

The books are garbage, you are garbage as well. I guess autists attract, since the retard who wrote it tried far too hard to appeal to mentally inept clowns who will cling to shitty books just because of a video game intellectual property being slapped on top of it.

What's funny, I think you actually believe you're on 4chan. The only morons who bother using that buzzword today ARE the normalfags, the normalfags these days are autistic furries with a predilection to wanting to fuck inflatable pool toys, stuffed animals, anything as long as it'll tickle that rotting hole in your foldless brain.

I've been here since the inception of this site, I was here watching and protecting this place from the autistic garbage and shitposters whom come here just to taint this place with their mental illnesses and mental deficiencies.

This place was created to separate ourselves from the disgusting autistic dregs such as yourself, you're nothing but a typical CWC in the making, probably spent more time shoving Halo Arbiter action figures up your ass then actually playing video games.

All I gotta say is, you dialed the wrong number today bub, get fucking lost.

Fuck you nigger, Aliens don't even fucking exist.

If they fucking did, if you weren't a complete and total brain dead clown, you'd understand that Earth is basically the blueprint of all life within this Universe. By using Occam's Razor along with some Common Sense, it's easy to deduce that if there was indeed Extra-Terrestrial life, they would indeed be Humanoid if we're talking to the equivalent of such complex life on Earth.

The rest such as plants, small lifeforms, single cell organisms are life that we'd be more likely to find, but then again why do you give a shit? By the time that happens, autists like you would be completely cleansed off this Earth, and this Gene pool.

Cause the funny part is, you're act as if you're going to interact with any form of ET intelligent life, when you can barely interact with the people around you, let alone your own mother.

Keep your faggot fantasies to yourself kid.

user I understand that you want to fuck an alien but you gotta be more realistic.
At least get a xenophile chick and fuck her while wearing costumes

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love humanity. I would not trade my humanity for anything in the world.
But as far as attraction goes, I just want something more, you know?

Incidentally, since you bring up furries, I should mentioned I completely despise the lot. Remember how I said "or deeply humanoid lots"?
That's furries, tried and true. Most every character is an animal head and tail stuck on a human body, most the time with human digits even. The culture, though, that's what really sets me over the edge. They're all depicted as literally just humans, not even remotely trying with the animals they've got. Not even proper clothing.
Those are people who wish to trade their humanity, and become these creatures. Nothing is more disgusting in my mind.

Reach was shit, the story was shit, and the game was piss easy.
I'm not even sure what you are trying to go about here. You could breeze through the game. It was piss easy.
So you claim to be a fan of the lot, but you don't even read the books?
You say someone who actually read the books, meanwhile, isn't a true fan?
Fuck, mate, am I just being baited here?

ODST was the last good game, you kraut. Get cancer.

Eh, when it comes right down to it, I am sure one day I'll just fall in plain old love.
Not everything is sex anyway.
Still, nothing wrong with dreams, right?

it's not gonna happen

pic related: you

Can you open your mouth without unleashing a deluge of pretentious elitism? Like clockwork, the first item on the checklist: an invitation to return to 4chan, or an implication that I belong there, complete with the declaration that you're an "original gangster". Nobody gives a fuck how long you've been here and you have no way of proving it anyway, you retarded cunt.

What you say is all that matters, and what you've said is more autistic than any bizarre fetish out there. You're the watcher and protector of Holla Forums, defender of the realm and cleanser of degeneracy? Excuse me while I laugh myself to death.

Anyone who expends this much energy tilting at proverbial windmills must be either totally unfamiliar with the territory, or else have a mental disorder of their own. Pick one, or both. You were triggered by a cartoon alien.

Not unless I break the secret of FTL flight, anyway!
Can't let those dreams stay dreams, right?

like i said, it's not gonna happen. seriously. go to bed. speak to no one.

Maybe because nobody knows what the fuck kind of life would be on other planets?

It's only 4pm, though

No, you clearly don't. Look at you being a little autistic moron trying to wish cancer on me for ruining your little faggot attempt of ruining a pretty good fucking thread because you felt the need to garner attention from people because you wanted to be praised for you disgusting furry fetish/mental illness.

Then you try to act as if you're not a fucking furry, when you claim to hate humans, like every other furry.

When the faggot pictures you posted, were drawn by, you guessed it, Furries.

You're a closet case fruit, that's all it is. For fuck sakes, you cry that it's just an animals head on a human body, when you posted what looks like a fucking snake on a fucking fat whore's body.

You're so blind to your own autism it's just too funny to pass up. For fuck sakes, any clown online who says 'mate' is just a complete and utter faggot, and it seems to be true. So far, everyone retard online, even on here whom uses mate seems to be some sort of faggot harbouring some serious mental deficiencies, you included.

You're nothing but a furry, you claim that said furries are disgusting, when you're pulling your micro-chode to the same shit they beat off to, and you have nerve to act as if you're above them, when you're all beneath me for being weak-willed, moronic, shitskins whom lack self-awareness living in your own little worlds filled with faggotry and sexual deviancy, which is nothing more then pent up sexual aggression because your just another socially inept furry faggot wishing that someday, you'll be able to touch a pussy.

I guess until then, you'll have your autistic faggot shovelware books for children, your autistic faggot furry pictures, and your mental deficiency to carry you through your short and miserable life.

Yeah no, it's clear you're not an actual fan, just another bandwagon retard trying his best to make up autistic opinions in hopes that it'll be 'factual' so that you'll get backup to defend yourself, and hopefully said individuals will defend your autism and autistic fetish as well.

Then you call me a kraut too, I'm guessing you're a kike on top of all this memer magic huh?

What a fucking faggot you are.

a perfect time for you to stop posting

the conversation we're having right now is probably the most social contact you've had in years

Again, don't hate humanity. I like humanity. We've accomplished much, and I'd not trade that for the world. Maybe, when we find aliums after all, it'll turn out the traits that I thought exclusive in humans are elsewhere, but humanity'll always be the first I saw it, those traits I believe paramount to the human psyche .
M8, you are the one what brought it up. I just posted halo-related images in a halo thread, and said 343 lore is trash.
You aren't really wrong. But, then, the only reason I posted those were because they're Halo aliums.
Complain to Halo for making their aliums shitty, if you must. Admittedly, the artists did at tits, but that's about it. 2nd one is probably the worst offender of the lot, as it just used regular human hands, I believe. I blame low-quality artist, myself.

m8, you aren't even trying to have a conversation here, at this point, you're just flinging around poorly connected insults to pad out your posts.
You think any of that is going to matter to me? No, of course not, as I know it ain't a proper lot.
Frankly, the most insulting thing is the low-quality attempt. Try harder, please. Go into specifics that can be properly construed from the content of the post.
They aren't, but changing to a worse story ages after the books were made isn't helpful.
Now I know you're baiting. Nobody is this retarded.

Oh, I see now. It's new/pol/. Why are you outside of your containment board? At the very least, stick to reddit.

This isn't pretentious elitism, just because I'm hurting your little autistic feelings doesn't mean I'm spewing a 'deluge' of pretentious elitism kid. If anything, you're the little pretentious clown here hwo thinks using a thesaurus will allow you to match my vocabulary to seem as if you're an actual intellectual match, when in reality, you're another underage, mentally ill turd with a lack of self-awareness.

I mean why else would you actually feel threatened by what I have to say, unless you're no different than the faggot furry kid trying to shit up this thread with his inflatable pool toy fantasies.

Then you claim that I said i was an original gangster? Nigger what the fuck are you on about? Then you think it's okay to be a little new think? Yeah no, you're another refugee who thinks coming here will allow you to shit up this entire site just like you autistic faggot furries did with 4chan. That's not what this place is about, and we don't tolerate that fucking autism here.

Proof is in the pudding, look at how you're carrying yourself, look at how you used the term "original gangster" you know, on top of the whole thesaurus charade you're pulling here. I'm guessing English is your second or third language if you think trying your hardest to sound educated will suffice when being called out for being a faggot furry indirectly.

Do you think standing up for that faggot moron will better yourself? No, it won't. You're another example of why 4chan fell, and why it turned to shit. You shit-skinned morons seem to just attract one another, pick the feces out of each others assholes and feast on it like as if you haven't been fed in weeks.

I'm not the only one here who looks out for you autistic clowns to cleanse you little autistic niggers off of our home.

It's clear you're new here, and haven't been here, let alone understand what me and plenty of other anons have been doing not just here, but on every board if we can catch it in time. You carry yourself like some autistic weeb child whom thinks he's now smart and educated, and even white, for browsing an image-board, you probably came directly from 4chan when you realized, where's all the white anons at when you tried your best to shit up the place.

Then you think I'm actually wasting any energy typing? Is that supposed to be an insult, or are you trying to tell me you're illiterate, as well as computer illiterate and doesn't understand what WPM means, let alone how easy it is to type a lot within a short span of time, you know with not having short stubby shit-skinned mong fingers that can barely reach across the keyboard.

You're in my territory kid, you can try to use buzzwords, try to mimic how you see autistic weebs act when feeling 'endangered' but it doesn't change the fact you're another shit-skinned nigger nosed moron whom is in the wrong neck of the woods.

You can keep projecting all you want, doesn't change the fact you're an actual faggot, and probably not only fingered your own asshole a couple times, but actually enjoyed it.

Where the fuck do you get this autistic jibberish, did you hear this from some faggot kid off tumblr? Or some moronic kike whom you thought sounded 'educated' for using a thesaurus, so then you too decided to sound like a complete and utter third world simpleton?

Go back to the furry site you crawled out of and spend your time beating your micro-meat to your 'cartoon alien', fucking trying to play it off as if the shit that kid wasn't posting wasn't short of typical homosexual mental illness and Dissociative disorders cause he can't handle looking at humans, but will sure enjoy looking at cocks, holes, and tits as long as it's "alien" so he doesn't have to feel 'alone' in his own little autistic world, just like you.

Drink your cum.

For someone who just wrote an entire novel's worth of drivel accusing me of pseudointellectualism, you're pretty stupid. You've never heard that expression before? What are you, twelve?

I feel like I don't even need to respond to the rest, this told me all I need to know.

Yeah no kid, you're desperately trying to make it seem as if the shit you're doing is completely normal, it isn't and it never will be.

You know damn well that this thread isn't about you being an autistic fucking chimp trying to garner attention with your faggot fetish to find a new faggot friend to jerk off with. I bet you didn't even read the initial post, saw it was Halo, again like I mentioned before, and decided to shitpost your furry garbage.

Then you're trying to claim that we're having a conversation? No you dumb nigger, I'm telling you to leave, to fuck off, to kill yourself.

Your kind is not wanted here, and it never was. You're shitposting, begging for attention, and hoping hat the small majority of autistic furries will defend you, and 'help' you seem normal, when that's not the case.

You can sputter 'mate' all you want, your autism shines so bright, it's brighter than Sirius. Then you even admit, that the books are indeed garbage, as they are autistic and not official supplements to the lore.

You're such a fucking poser and it's not even funny, even more so when you think Reach is bad, and then think ODST is a masterpiece when it's nothing but a dumbed down version of Halo 2. Maybe you hold it in such high regard cause you were able to jerk off to the fact the humans were getting their shit pushed in by the covenant. Or you know, cause you're an autsitic faggot whom not only doesn't know what makes a good FPS, let alone a console one, but actually thinks they have a say in the matter when they jerk off to furry shit and seems to actually worship it.

You need to leave back to your containment board kid, head on back to that faggot my little pony board, I swear you autistic fucking faggots have been increasing since new years and it hasn't stopped since. Perhaps the amount of shit-skins tripled since then, I honestly wouldn't be surprised, you all probably just came hot off the shit express from 4chan, realized it's just a third world bottom-feeding ground, and somehow managed to find your way here, keeping your recently saved images from 4cuck ready to taint this board with them in a moments notice.

Oh, you mean where you more than likely go yourself to be within an echochamber where no one will 'put you down' and will not only congratulate you for being a furry, but will praise you for it, will share it with you and be socially inept together.

Whew boy, this is just too fucking easy.

You guys do realize he's just doing this shit in order to derail the thread, right?
With how often fags like that post on this site I'm surprised everyone here can't spot them immediately.

Are you illiterate? Or are you just some computer illiterate half-nigger that thinks they're computer savy, but again has no idea what WPM is, let alone how EASY it is to fucking type like the wind.

If you think my posts are a novel, it's clear that you not only don't think as much, but clearly are too autistic to bother stringing up words properly in a nice formulated English sentence without giving off the vibe you're suffering from not only mental deficiencies, but probably sporting a mush mouth too.

What's the matter kid? Going to cry because your brain hurts too much from trying to read the equivalent of two paragraphs? Two SMALL paragraphs?

What's worse, is that you can't think of any other way to try and stick it to me, other than trying to claim that I'm 'literate', therefore I'm now stupid for being able to not just type, but to not be retarded while doing it.

I'm literally laughing at the fact you're trying to use literacy as an insult, when you yourself are illiterate, as well as computer illiterate. I cannot stress this enough.

You, as a typical phone wielding child, are trying to use LITERACY, not illiteracy, LITERACY, as an insult.

Then trying to say I don't know what Don Quixote is, wow good job kid, you know something that every school boy should know, but the fact you think quoting it makes you educated is just pitiful.

What's happening here is, you cannot think for yourself, quoting someone else's literary work doesn't make you educated. Just because you can Mimic doesn't mean you actually understand the world around you, cause you clearly don't.

Of course you don't feel the need to respond, because you know I'll crush your feeble attempts at trying to pose as an intellectual when you're nothing but a third world shit-skin trying a bit too hard to try and pretend as if you're an intellectual equal.

For fuck sakes kid, you can cry I'm pretentious here, but when you're quoting garbage like Don Quixote and the whole faggot line of proverbial windmills, as if you know what proverbial means, you ousted yourself as a illiterate poser.

I bet you're still in grade school, and you were told to read that autistic trash as a part of your summer reading schedule. Stupid nigger. Baby's first pseudo-intellectual fantasy novella.

Read an actual fucking book kid, let alone actually watch something intellectual and thought provoking.

Then again, you probably think you're a special snowflake for clinging on to that garbage Cervantes came up with just to try and get pussy, and failed. It's an autistic wet dream, so I see why you relate to it and want to quote it.

Hell, I bet you only brought it up, trying to appear intellectual because of the whole bullshit claiming it's the 'greatest' literary work, when it's not. Think for your fucking self you sheep instead of being a typical fucking cattle willingly following other people's opinions, cause to you, if they sound 'smart enough' you believe it'll aid you on your quest to finally be accepted by 'whites'.

Seriously, don't let the door hit you on the way out you nigger nosed manlet.

When we finally rid the world of pseudo-intellectual shitskins like you, the world will slowly become a better place.

oh shit is this the return of a legend?
i wish i still had the archive for that thread

Ah, another thread cleansed.

And thank you fellow who posted the inflatable animals.

We sure did God's work today.

no problem buddy

You should try to say more with less - nobody's going to read all that shit, myself included.

Do you get a lot of pussy for all your hard work defending an imageboard? Hopefully someone out there appreciates it.

Hmmmm

Because for life to function on a planet having plantlife most of the time (unless the story's lore has some special explanation) is very important for life to actually exist. Plants churn the carbon dioxide in our air and turn it back into oxygen, which we then breath back in and it goes in a cycle. Plants provide resources for living beings, animals which humanoids could hunt for food, insects that could make things like honey, etc. In all likelihood, aliens didn't start off with uber great technology and probably had to work for it in some ways, so entry level resources were probably the starting point just like with human civilization.

I don't get why you saved those pictures as autism.

Just glanced at it and I agree with the shit he's saying with the autism flooding this place, you know the same bullshit we tried escaping by creating this place, we wanted to flee from the obnoxious third worlders, the stupid fucking forced 'memes' and the dumb fucking memers who spread them like meningitis in southern california.

I'm sorry but, if you actually think shit like furries, autism, and third worlders are tolerable, you're apart of the reason why imageboards have devolved into third world children shitting and pissing all over the place.

I can see why you'd get upset that you're being forced out of your new 'host' that you think you can just come in, shit up the place, meme about and think you'll be accepted as 'human' when that's not the case.

Autism isn't tolerable in any shape or form, especially if its coming from inferior third world morons who wouldn't know what humor is it crushed their peanut shaped skulls in.

Yes, I do get lots of pussy, do you?

half life had books tho fam?

Are you an autistic nigger, or are you pretending to be one?

u lik pepsi budy?

I don't understand what happened to Merkel. After all, she is the one
who said THIS

Put them into archive.is as they aren't working for me right now

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/14/angela-merkel-multiculturalism-is-a-sham/

huffingtonpost.com/entry/angela-merkel-germany-multiculturalism_us_566f2e15e4b0fccee16f7757

bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451

rt.com/op-edge/325996-germany-merkel-migrants-magazine/

express.co.uk/news/world/663081/Merkel-ally-admits-multiculturalism-failed-calls-Islamist-eviction

euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/after-merkel-cameron-too-says-multiculturalism-has-failed/

realistically how big of a guy would bane be if the earth had as much oxygen as it did in the past?

ITT: Interesting thread about evolution gets derailed by spergs sperging spergaciously over smut.

The biggest.

Did anyone ask for your autistic opinion?

Furry shit needs to fucking die, fuck off you autistic moron.

i fucking hate this trope

sorry but yes you are a flaming homo

So what would be a decent alternative to grass and shit anyway?

I'm not seeing what you are saying regarding the interpration of the terminal at all, user, sorry.

Which of their books have you read? Clearly at least some of the forerunner ones, but I would hardly call the lore in those generic.

I don't give a shit about this debate about furry porn, but both of you are faggots: The one guy is a faggot for not reading the novels, the other one is a faggot for hating reach and falling for the "everything 343 does is shit" meme.

Personally, I left to flee rulecucks and authoritarian mods.
Not to watch Holla Forums ban conversation what doesn't fit their narrative and Holla Forums to go full tilt worse than halfchan ban anyone for anything Holla Forums-Holla Forums hybrid mode
Mind, that is new/pol/, not the old, actual conversation and debate good Holla Forums.

No one in this thread mentioned Expedition, so I'm going to take the time to mention Expedition. Pirate it, get it from the library, whatever, it's neat.

Ferns.

Considering most land animals are insects and therefore have 6 limbs I can easily see many using the first 2 sets for walking and the last set for doing shit with like holding stuff.

You are retarded if you think grass and trees are just as common as gravity.

I like this thred- This thred is gud.

No one has to accept any shit after 3. Fuck off.

kek

Basically any video game where the plant life is green is made by and for people who are scientifically illiterate.

i fucking hate that too, it just shows you're fucking lazy.

Behold, a whale.

To quote from the book:

Aliums created Earth, therefore they created grass, trees, flowers, etc.

Source: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

:^)

This really tickled my science fiction boner.

Expedition by Wayne Douglas Barlowe. Read it, it's fucking amazing.

DO NOT watch the "alien planet" tv adaptation, it's horrifyingly bad and shits all over everything, and if you read the book, you'll pull your hair out at the lost potential.

Anyway, here was see a not-a-t-rex chasing a herd of car sized not-triceratops..

Not the same poster and I'm not a furfag, but would it be crazy if we are alone in this entire universe,
Also, Aliens would be entirely different and not humanoid.