Why did they kill Jon Snow only to revive him and never mention his death or show how it changed him at all?

Why did they kill Jon Snow only to revive him and never mention his death or show how it changed him at all?

What was the point?

Free PR; You kill off the 'protagonist', a prettyboy who is adored by all the women, and that opens up for reaction videos on YT, countless articles and videos discussing theories on how to bring him back, &c., &c.

Jon tron is alive and well, faggot

Just a facade for this entire show and series having purpose. Just fodder, just bait to get people to watch.

It's honestly lower than something like the dark knight trilogy, which was shit. It's even worse than Star Wars up to this point.

You just sound like a bitter tard.

for shock value

That's where the books end (so I hear). I guess they at least have to pretend to be following the basic plot beats.

Why do you think I am here in the first place?
What is your excuse?

because GRRM is a terrible storyteller and an even worse person

Probably to release him from his vows. Yes, they did a terrible job of illustrating this and its never mentioned again.

Forced drama.

It's a tweest to make people watch the next season.

shouldn't that say "At last, I have finally become Game Of Thrones"?

jesus allegory

This. GRRM wanted Jon to leave the Watch without it making him a deserter and this was a loophole exploiting the whole "you're in the watch until the day you die" bollocks.

Which is bullshit of course because if Jon was truly following this belief then he would never have had the authority to order the execution of his murderers after he was ressed.

Better question is why do people pretend asoiaf is this series where anyone can die when it's actually painfully obvious that there are a bunch of characters who are basically unkillable.

His companions do drop hints about it, but he doesn't want to talk about, so they don't talk about it. It's this simple.

nonsense. pics unrelated.

Davos did mention it to Daenerys that Jon had given his life for his men

It'd be pretty satisfying to see Danyrs die, even a marytrys death.

heads up Jon Snow dies in the books, only reason he was revived in the show (books have 0 clues or even mention of him being revived) is because he is a marketable face aka pretty face used to market/advertise the GoT.

Stupidity in all of this is Dumb and Dumber butchered other characters so they can bring back boring ones like Jon Snow or turn shitty Daenerys into a Mary Sue

t. GURM
There is no way GURM won't bring him back too, since L+R=J is confirmed.

I hope you are just baiting because that shit is not in the books, infact the real Aegon Targaryen is fighting for the throne with his group of warriors/soldiers sieging Storm's End

No, I am not fucking baiting, you cumgurgling nigger. I should be asking you that.
Remember the reason GURM allowed D&D to make the show in the first place? They knew/guessed Jon's true parentage, and that is what they showed us on the show.

confirmed for bait, how could 2 retards knew/guess Jon's true parentage when GRRM didnt even write it at that point? He kept it mysterious so people would create theories about it, like how in the books he didnt reveal who the Lady Stoneheart was until later on

Are you really this fucking dumb, or are you just trolling?

You scum deserve to hang, go stick Daenerys figurines up your nostrils

Back when I had a modicum of respect for Martin's writing I was certain that the hints he was dropping all over the place for Lyanna + Rhaegar = Jon were blatant red herrings because it was just too obvious. Guess not.

shitty fake cliffhanger for a trash pop novel that is onpar with slashfic romance for women you see at the grocery store checkout in terms of writing
stop consuming garbage, you're poisoning your mind

Lyanna + Rheaegar = Jon was 100% a red herring, problem is idiots who watch show but didnt read books are morons and they just accept whatever garbage D&D put out there.

you give GRRM way, way too much credit

Fuck you GRRM shill. Your favorite author will never be at JRRT's level.

What was the point of any of it? The entire series is about plots that go nowhere.

The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew

GRRM himself said in an interview the first question he asked them was is if they knew who Jon Snow’s parents were.

GRRM also said TWOW would be done by Halloween 2015

GRRM is fat. Fat people are reliable about talking about things they did, not about things they are going to do.

IIRC the epilogue or prologue of dance of dragons is about varamyr, a shapeshifter that can allow his soul to live on in his animal when his body dies or even take control of people, like bran does with hodor. It's being used as pretext for jon to warg into ghost while he's dead.

Because it's where the books end and Weiss and the other one are hacks. Even the changes they made from the books were crap, like Robbs wife or jaimes original arc in the books in the riverlands.

Wouldn't be surprised if he changes it out of spite now. He fucking hates the show and most likely the creators of the show.

What about trump? Trumps fat.

Why is game of thrones really just a bland fantasy setting? I feel like it probably is one of the worst fantasy settings. It's just houses fighting each other. There is no good vs bad, it's all muh politics, backstabing, left and right scheming. Oh okay one bitch has dragons and there are these winter zombies up in the north that are rumored. Btw every other fantasy creatures we're killed off some how. This fantasy series tries to be too modern.

WAT
The fantasy elements are easily the worst parts of the show - just a poor excuse for deus ex machinas to help Dany.

I am so sick of this stupid meme. there absolutely are good and bad in ASOIAF. Jon Snow is as generic a fantasy protagonist as you get, and can you honestly tell me Ramsay Bolton is anything except pure evil?

also, the Others were supposed to have some deep, complicated motivation but turned out to be literal Terminators created to destroy all humans

Because it isn't really fantasy

HP is more leftist propaganda than fantasy tbh.

on a similar note, name some successful working authors who are obese.

He's not obese but Gene Wolfe is chubby and he's the best living genre writer.

It's poorly written leftist propaganda