Minetest thread: crashy circuits edition

Minetest thread: crashy circuits edition
Server address: catgirls.animebitch.es
Port: 3000
Rules:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/3db3a9cc32a453a58a18321f99e531725749e681/manual.md
poal.me/dusknh
poal.me/4pku2i
github.com/agrecascino/minetest
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11097
github.com/asiekierka/mesegates
github.com/shamoanjac/factions
github.com/Nosrick/MoMTest
minetest.net/customize/#texture-packs
pastebin.com/Jgy364Ng
github.com/hdastwb/digiterm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodyanoy
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy
github.com/lordcirth/minetest-wireless
github.com/Nosrick/MoMTest,
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14808
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mod Progress
I've got the match-3 minigame working.
Pic related.

About the no hacking rule:
Due to the fact that the game is somewhat unstable, and mods too, it is extended to no cheating, which includes not exploiting bugs.
The fact that a protection mod temporarily does not work as intended does not allow you to dig a hole at the spawn and fill it with lava.

Looks fucking epic user

Go fuck yourself, this is a dictatorship now, you broke me, are you happy now?

yes

does this mean we're gonna get anti griefing rules? or will you only ban if someone griefs you specifically?

What will this mod be about? About magic?

Go FUCK yourself. HANG YOURSELF. You turned spawn into a lava deathtrap, griefed most of the inhabited places on the map. I had a suspicion that you were the guy from the other thread, but holy fuck, after you asking "are we habe hugbox now?" I am furious, you purposely try to MANIPULATE ME INTO ADDING RETARDED FUCKING RULES. You destroyed most civilized parts of the map, FOR POLITICAL POINTS. Consider suicide, since you're not getting those rules anytime soon.

Ignore the kid and take chill pill, chief.

I'm not the guy from any of the previous threads and also I was just playing by the rules, destroying other bases and stealing their banners to increase our own power - is that not the point of the mod?

So you were cheating then? Also, guns should probably be removed until proper protection against them can be added to the mod, just a suggestion to prevent butthurt.

What the fuck

You exploited a bug, which is not playing by the rules.

Yes, the mod doesn't check for protection. Though this should be fixed now according to admin.

if u wanna have a good time on the server do this

When you start getting into bugs, that starts being a mess. Are shift elevators not allowed?

Further, if someone doesn't know a bug exists, would they be punished for discovering it? On the test sever? This is still only the test map, right? Or are we officially into it?

These are tolerated, don't try to be a smartass. No one gets hurt from people being able to climb up fast.
Of course not. When has this happened?

Masketta_men base has been completely destroyed. well done petra?

It's not the question of when it has happened, but when it will happen. I think the wording should be "abuse of bugs/glitches". The wording is more clear.

boy sure seems like a lot of cancer for one thread
how did that happen?

too bad minetest android's interface is like drinking down hot shit

ur welcome

It means the same as "exploiting", except it's longer, tbh
About people discovering bugs, it has happened plenty of times. No one ever got kicked or banned for discovering them. That your when.

Alright, I'm just saying that someone is going to bitch about it and demand someone be banned, or you're going to appoint a mod who'll be a little bitch, and then things will go south. But you're more or less right.

Yup!
It's inspired by the 1993 game Master of Magic.

Yeah my biggest fear is shit hotpockets being appointed tbh
They're usually the single reason a community like this breaks apart.

THIS IS WHAT

I'll make some skins for the server, I got some obvious ones I'll make, but any requests?

Anything from Master of Magic.

Do our waifu.

Denton atleast

Our lord and savior

2hu skins needed?? If you don't want to I get it though

why farm no work????

you are underground.

farm no work because be broke, nigga

use lava instead of water. it's a liquid so it hydrates the dirt about as well, but the added light will make it possible for your plants to grow

You put the port wrong, you nigger.

shieeeet

serb is dead

We're still on

Strange. Half of you all timed out at the same time.

I still can't connect

Ditto. Restart the server?

a benis :DDDDD

I think I'll just make a .zip full of these and the server owner can download them. Made Teagan and made some low effort meme ones.

Kinda turned out shitty, but here it is.

More than likely there's a Denton skin but I'll just make one for the hell of it.

Is there a plugin that can restart the server every X hours or at X time every day? Seems like it might help.

Any reason why the server has fucking hunger?

also, the default player model can be changed to anything, minetest just imports a blender file to use as the player

don't really need a plugin for that, scheduled tasks are a thing both windows and linux can do
linux has cron for job scheduling and windows has… the task scheduler

TODD GET OUT

Fuck you, Thallo, you murderous cunt. I thought that was a ruin.

IF ANYBODY HAS SEEN THIS MAN VAMUEL PLS REPLY TO THIS POST, HE HAS SEIZED A BOAT OF MINE ILLEGALLY

Ace of Spades Green and Blue soldiers

Just wait till I get my hands on you, you fuck.

BUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTEREDBUYSKYRIMREMASTERED

Can I get Captain Murphy?

Serb ded?

How long till a release? Im looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Also if anyone has recommendations for mods id love to hear them. So far im running pic related except for warzone since it conflicts with sprint. Anything else I should add?

It's running at glacial speed.

So, uh, what version is the server running on? I'm using the latest from the github, and I've been running into some issues with rendering on the server. Also, I can't pick up apples.

Offline is fine on my end, I honestly don't know what's up.

Welp.

How do make custum furniture/blox? I like the mods we have, but I feel they are slightly lacking. I'm mildly ok at /3D/ so I could take a crack at giving us some new blocks to play with

Still up?

Probably not. I'm trying to connect to the server, yet the connection timed out.

You can either define the shape of a new node with coordinates in a lua file, i don't know how anyone does this because it looks like a nightmare

or you can make the model in blender and your lua file that defines the custom nodes can use the blender file directly

MSF soldiers.

we're going to need a Red user skin

ISIS related skin please

Todd skin

Not gonna happen todd/blodd/shott/nodd etc.

shodd* FUCK

Everyone type /f list

/f list :^)

free adspace in /f list

oy vey!

There a guide for Technic or whatever it is somewhere?

github.com/minetest-technic/technic/blob/3db3a9cc32a453a58a18321f99e531725749e681/manual.md

You can skip the history of metallurgy

Admin, you might want to delete that BUYSKYRIN faction. Possibly find a way to limit how long faction names can be, too.

holy fuck that autismo

I predicted that this server would become an authoritarian shithole.
The developer for whatever retarded reason thinks that scripts = cheating and that somehow being AFK = spamming because it's "clogging" the server.

Probably not too long. Maybe a week or two until I'm happy with it. Might release an alpha build for you niggers to play with.

Is minetest better than minecraft?

Minetest

Minecraft

You tell me

At least be honest when you whine over the only rules that exist.

No it isn't.

It might run better on some systems according to things I heard someone heard has been said has been heard, but will more likely run a whole hell of a lot worse.

The only advantage of Minetest is that you can feel smug self satisfaction for the following reasons:
- it's free software
- it's not made in java
- it's not minecraft (even though it's trying really hard to be)
- it has a build height limit that you will never utilize

A few pros:
cons:

don't forget

How do you spot people past 2000 blocks?

That nigger did the name bullshit with the factions again.

The memer is back to his old tricks.

Is there a difference between minetest and minecraft skins?

I overlayed them both in GIMP and they look exactly the same.

Plus, I can't find a template skin for minetest like the one from minecraft to compare from.

If there is no difference, I'd really like this judge dredd skin, so I can shove the remainder of those animepro punks in the isocubes, now that petra told us all of their tricks.

motherfucker

Is there a way to increase view distance in minetest?

I tried to make a terrain loading comparison but minetest's view distance seems to be automatic or something.

R enables the "full viewing distance" but it might not be what your looking for.

Presss + and - to adjust the rendering distance.

I tried both but they don't seem to generate terrain any further. I'd have to walk all over the map to generate it and then go to the center to do a test, don't feel like doing that. Also framerate drops into 40 constantly now while walking atound, if it didn't before.

don't mind me just posting lewd minecrap images

lol eat shit and die petra'

wew lad

And nothing of value was lost.

Well, he was right about his "there are many things that need to be erased" post.

He was one of them!

wew

Game Center CX's Arino

Hey, speaking of all these mods people are making, do we have a place to upload them? I'm not sure what we've been doing.

Are they all just going on the server, and no where else, or is there some mod database?

The Minetest forums have a mod release section.

Factions and banners are on Github.

Threadly reminder that there is absolutely no point in building anything in this game with the rules that the admin has set up.

so why should we ever build anything? in a game where building anything is a tedious task, and destroying everything is a simple one, why should we dedicate so much autism to building up a base that will be gone when we log back in? do you feel it yet? the feeling of being totally burned out to a crisp and sick of doing such a meaningless and miserable chore that isn't even fun and brings you absolutely no enjoyement?

seriously, just save yourself the tedium and find a more entertaining server or a different game to play entirely. no, not minecraft. fuck that shit.

I would have more fun if this server was dedicated to recreating a mod inspired by Ace of Spades, because that would be instant action and straight to the fun, without building aimlessly for it to all be destroyed. I would be more motivated to build a bunker for the purposes of attacking or defending in an AOS mod, but I'm not motivated in the least to build an elaborate base with farms and locked chests full of precious mineral ores I must guard that is destroyed anyways, fucking constantly; all while struggling to control my hunger bar so that I dont starve. I don't care about griefing or whether or not it's against the rules, this isn't about that.

that's what the server is about, and it's been about that from the beginning

personally, I find it fun to always have the threat of grief looming over your, it's fun to get hit and then hit back. and then try to create a fortress that is either hidden or well protected or both

here's a hint, locked metal chests are indestructible. Use that knowledge how you wish.

You're posting on one of the most autistic imageboards on the entire internet, what the fuck do you expect? I would agree with you but the anger is entirely brought on by your own naiveness.

Developing mods takes time, trials and cost errors. You're welcome to contribute if you think you can do it better.

Can I have my cobblestone back?

I don't like the current system because the threat of grief causes everyone to fuck off to their isolated kibbutz and have no contact with anybody. Can't the factions mod be made to allow some war mechanics that allow grief with effort, but not such that having your location known is an instant grief sentence?

To be honest I agree on that particular point, I'd personally like to make certain materials much stronger. Certain people seem to dislike the idea, however.

Butthurt

Yes, it needs a cooldown, and a couple extra conditions. Unfortunately, every change to faction wars is a potential crash strike (testing wars is kinda hard in single player)

Maybe set up a test server? Or even just set up local server on your dev computer.

admin also needs to install xban2 so you can IP ban

I thought this WAS the testing server?

If it was then they should be telling us what to test instead of waiting for it to come up when there is nobody to fix it

I always tell you when there is a new feature, so that you can test it.

Admin already does IP bans, what are you talking about?

this is the default player skin for minetest

A few things that I think would make factions and faction war/invasion less bullshit:
>faction beacon that buffs not only players assigned to the faction, but also buffs blocks within faction claim, this gives players on the home team the advantage and makes their structures take more time to demolish and more blast resistant
alternatively to blocks being made more resilient within a faction territory, have building material that with damage states, that will gradually break in stages until gone, or can be repaired quickly with some item like "plaster & thatch" or such
this way it's not impossible to invade, but it makes destruction far more tedious

It is.

I will most likely add a special faction chest rather than complicating locked chests with more stuff.
It is expected that conquering a chunk will allow you to steal the chests already.
Both are actually pretty hard to implement because of the API. I'm not even entirely sure it's possible right now.

About making destruction more tedious, I'd just go with increasing bricks resistance and maybe add a couple reinforced concrete blocks or something.

yeah not a fan of that, at least with how easy it is to craft a death banner and then place it down and be able to wreak havoc. It's basically like the claiming and faction power system is useless if it's so easy to circumvent.

How about making faction power a factor in whether or not you can conquer that claim? Like if your faction has less total power than the one you're attacking, your death banner won't work? (of course you might need to make power banners more expensive to balance this out).

I could help you out with the buffs; I've written stuff to deal with them.

Hit me up on the IRC, I'm Nosrick.

Death banners will be made harder to place. I think I'll multiply their power cost by three or four, then maybe make them require some more expensive metal such as mithril.

Never considered that. I just assumed it was better as a plugin since some Minecraft servers would use a plugin to restart automatically at a set time. (One benefit would also be to send a notice saying "Restarting in 5 minutes" instead of just closing.)

Map Reset Poll:
poal.me/dusknh

who the fuck would want a reset without inventory reset?

I don't really see where this "Faction war" is going tbh. What is the point of fighting each other if you can't loot corpse right away, also this robbing and breaking shit from another faction is a half-assed idea: Some guy could simply make a lot of black banners and log in when the server is almost empty.

Also people can abuse the backpack system to put all their shit into a bag if you are about to get fucked up. And the fact that the diamond armor makes you invulnerable.

We should get an objetive/goal and work on it. For example: Make an NPP and maintain it.

Is there a Non-PvP survival server? I just want to build with anons.

Xenos is a bit shitter-shattered at how this poll is going

I am. :^)
Don't say that I didn't warn you though.

That kid just doesn't know when to stop.

So what's going to be your excuse for griefing this time?

To be honest, the whole death banner thing is retarded. What's the point of even claiming parcels then?

kill ourself

poal.me/4pku2i

tfw when kid greifer wit hacked client is not banned, but i am

DISCOVERED NEW BUG WITH FACTIONS

for some reason new players can no longer join existing factions, this possibly has to do with that long spam name that exists in the list, perhaps it has removed the factions from the list? Whenever a new player tries to do /f join (faction name), they get an error saying the faction does not exist.

working on nametag stuffs

Long name factions haven't been removed yet, they will be with the next update.
I'll check that out.

dat ==FOV==

tfw been locking this guy "cunt" in a stone cage with lava at his faction's spawn without a pickaxe for 2 days straight - admin flies by, takes a closer look and flies away

but when admin himself spawns in lava = instant ban

your mom fuck your dad

>>>/leddit/

sorry for the bad bitrate

who is this faggot you keep posting pics off?

it's xenos

knock over your own sandcastle and see how u feel!!

I've been playing autismblocks online, alone.

I've made a hotfix for the long lines issue, and the fork on the minetest engine I said I would work on is available at: github.com/agrecascino/minetest

So when growing crops, it looks like they need sunlight. Artificial light does nothing. In fact, even being next to sunlight isn't good enough. If a crop doesn't have direct light overhead it won't grow without bonemeal.

Nametag fades!

Who the fuck thought this made sense?

Never mind. Looks like torches just don't generate enough light to run farms in Minetest.
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11097

woo

Yeah, I personally use super glow glass on my farms.

I've been trying to connect to this server for over 5 minutes now and it's still downloading media, how long is this going to take?

I really don't like how strict the lighting is for crops. I liked it better in Minecraft how less light just meant slower growth, not no growth at all.

It's not that strict really. I always use super glow glass for my farms even if it's outdoors and above ground because it's far more convenient. It gives a step to stand on when you need to harvest your crops so you're not bouncing up and down trying to do it.

Is there a mod that lets you grow >>>/weed/?

Wut?
Is this some slang for Minetest or are we talking about actual dating in-game?
Because if it's the latter, I can't imagine the reason that lead to this decision and maybe that's for the better.
There aren't any ERP mods for Minetest anyway, right? RIGHT?!

Also, you're a faggot. There's always the rule "don't be a dick" in every game and every server.
The definition of "dick" changes according to the game, but if you have trouble figuring out if you are or not being a dick or worse, you just don't care then it's not a bunch of new rules that's gonna help you and you're better off banned.

Not being able to not be a dick is a problem. But it's your problem, and no matter how much you believe otherwise, nobody else has the obligation of solving or enduring it.
Solve your shitty attitude before you join any community online.

The dating rule was from the first server we made a real effort on before the Holla Forums server, and has been retained partially as a joke, and partially as a reminder that relationships ruin online gaming. Well, more than usual.

lol other players did this b4 me no ban haha
admin is just being salty, "u can greif anyone i dont care!!"

ur a funny guy!

This gonna be like Thaumcraft?
Cos that shit was fucked.

ok xenox

I honestly didn't expect you to be this assmad after you accidentally killed yourself like an absolute retard in one of my old and abandoned bases.

what base?? i visited all also if ur xenox i dont think so kiddo!!

No damage was done to my actual base. All you managed to do was griefing my old base and killing yourself by accident while falling down my mine shaft. Kudos to you.

shamu doesn't know how to open two clients on the same computer to test his damn mod

sorry i dont take fall dmg , so thats impossible kiddo!!, i did /kill in anonymas mine, but that was bc i lavad and destroyed it on the way down :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( but ur not anonyma

More like I can't run two clients in this toaster

Is that why I found your corpse at the bottom of my mine shaft which you attempted to fill up with stone tiles?

No, nothing like Thaumcraft, because Thaumcraft is shit.

Pics or it dident happen, if i was dead its because i wanted 2, but ur probably a liar !
why dont u go greif the server, afraid of admin banning u ?? bc u kno he bans ppl now for greif !!
>>>/leddit/ for u frend

can you explain generally your planned game mechanics?

Mostly, I'm going to be adding spells, summons and fun shit to do and play with. That's the first stage.

The second stage is to add cities that the player controls and can enchant.

I can't provide this since I broke the corpse around 8 hours ago. I can show you the exact location of where I found it if you come onto the server though.
That's probably the case, since you had just filled up the mine entrance with stone tiles.
Since I like to play regularly as well and I'm currently building up my faction.
I already got banned and I didn't get an official pardon for it. The admin only bans by IP and not by name.
Thanks for the recommendation, here is one for you:
>>>Holla Forums

Only a retard (e.g. the admin) thinks that screenshots like this hold any substance.

Here's one that's not faked :^)

I knew someone would screepcap that and post here it.
There's a lot of truth behind that statement though. :^)

It was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.
I'm always watching for stuff to exploit, in chat or otherwise :^)

And he doesn't want to have them. Why does he even play MP Minetest?

Joining, bump.

Have some (fixed) OC.

Why play the clone when Minecraft still exists and is thriving with a huge playerbase and mods?

Because the game runs like complete shit and all the NEET hours wasted into coding mods for that garbage should have been spent in this which is the superior game.

- Minetest is FOSS.
- Minetest community is slightly superior to that of Minecraft.
- The mods of a server automatically download and install to your client for use on that specific server, so you don't have to waste your time installing custom clients like with Minecraft to play modded servers.
- Minecraft development takes a year for a sizable update, while Minetest development only takes a few months.
- BSD Version
- The android version of Minetest can play with computer users and it is compatible with the same mods as them.

>>>/leddit/

Runs on my PC(tm)

fuck off notch.

Xenos is a faggot but I kekked at this image.

Literally a millennial.

Ssshhh, don't worry petra, no more is needed.

Whatever you say "petra". At the end of the day, I've made actual OC and all you do is repost Holla Forums memes.

I honestly think I'll just leave these threads until my mod is done, because it's just become trolls trolling trolls.

Later, taters.

What did he mean by this?
More like m4mm0n.

Android users actually make up a lot of users, possibly the majority of online users across public servers.

just traded some stuff with xenos

he seems like a cool guy

who did this? for what purpose? its pretty cool

Lol they got my name wrong. it's anonyma

but damn that is cute

bro this isnt reddit
you're making a fool of yourself

>>>/s4s/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/tumblr/

I can't tell what is more autistic. The amount of time I am spending fucking around with virtual legos or the obnoxious faggots in this thread.

i have a work, i dont leach of my parents. like u Kiddo :)
also where is bones pic?
>>>/reddit/

pic related

MOD REQUEST

github.com/asiekierka/mesegates

I know we have a mod that adds logic gates to mesecon, but this one adds additional ones like D flip flops (which is the main reason I want it because I can't code a flip flop in the microcontroller and it's 2hard to do by hand). We can keep the old mod too, I just want this one please.

Alright folks, what about this idea for the faction server: have you played IndustrialCraft 2? If so, you must be familiar with its nuclear reactor. You have to build a big structure, then make some sort of "puzzle" inside of it to maximize energy throughput while keeping temperature low.

What about using something similar for the factions mod? In order to create a faction or at least start using the claims system, you must build a reactor. This reactor will power your protection banners by throwing several resources at it, each with unique production costs, throughput and total energy numbers (ie. coal can be burnt, but it is slow and has little energy compared to other things, such as enemy faction banners), as well as (if possible, I think it is) temporary buffs to players or the faction. You may place them in a chest-like GUI.

Each banner consumes energy from this reactor based on distance to the reactor and area size. If there is not enough energy on the reactor, the furthest protection banners will start to disable themsselves, making the area vulnerable to griefing and claiming.

Death banners no longer work like they do. Instead, putting a death banner inside a claimed area (relatively near to the banner, to avoid people putting them underground and making finding enemy flags too tedious) will drain energy from the reactor at a rate depending on distance from the core, but this time closer flags will consume more than flags further from the center.

Protecting the reactor is important, as enemy factions may try to poison or sabotage it if they get access to it. Leaving a way to access it for your allies is also important, as it needs to be refilled manually. Leaving a vertical opening for it into the sky (up until the end of the protected area) is also important , or else it won't be able to provide energy to the banners.

For maximum autism, make each banner have a "battery" wirh a capacity determined by distance to the core that will deplete at a given rate, and receive depending on the throughput of the reactor (and maybe distance to the core, directing energy first to the closest banners, then passing on to the next one when the earlier is full). This way, death banners would force you to defend the area for a few minutes until the banner is depleted completely, unless the reactor has a really high throughput.

Why don't we make death banners activate after an announced delay?
This way everyone has proper warning and can appear to protect their shit. It would work if we fix diamond armor being fucking broken.

ic2-clone dev here, I'm gonna start working on an application to more easily create mods, and also spend a considerable amount of time learning formspec this weekend
my application is basically going to allow users to easily define nodes/items/crafts, then generate the lua file for it, because I'm tired of doing this shit manually, most everything will be done rather quickly and the thing that will take me the longest is creating a list of API calls to pull from
it's going to be a cli application initially, and I'll create a gui in python at a later date

Planned already, will be added.

(I'm the guy developing the factions plugin)

The problem with this particular thing is that it would require to keep track of every banner, which can potentially add a lot of lag to the server.
The whole idea isn't that bad otherwise, though it's a bit complex to create.

Have you considered adding faction alliances?

Yes, in fact, they all have an "allies" and "enemies" field, but they're currently useless.
I'm not really sure how alliances should act.

alliances can set alliance zones where anyone in their secret club of factions can edit blocks. However, the alliance master faction can kick any faction out for any reason at any time. No democracy here.

Can you link to the factions repo? I'd like to take a look at it.

faction_a invites faction_b into an alliance. faction_b accepts. Members of faction_a can use faction_b's land in the same way they would be able to use their own, and vice versa. Either faction can leave at any time.

You could also add alliance permissions, so faction_a could build on faction_b's land, but faction_b could not build on faction_a's land.

Rank permissions would be nice too, so only trusted members of your faction can use allied land.

This sounds more complicated than what I'm suggesting, but it would make things more flexible.

github.com/shamoanjac/factions

boo hoo
cry me a sandwich

Server's shut down.

kill me pete

thanks fam, that sounds super useful

You know what's actually weird? There are already mods and API's to add animations and custom models to the game. You even have that mod that lets you go full furry or scaly and dance and whatnot.
How come nobody, and I do mean absolutely nobody, has actually decided to make a full on lewd mod for Minecraft ala LoversLab?

Sounds like it would be retardedly easy to make and it's not like there isn't interest there, judging from the amount of Minecraft porn you can find…

because twelve year olds can't program, retard

Prudes, everyone.

What happened?

OY VEY

Wtf is going on in this thread?

Also this server is shit.

I'm gonna make my own server,

That didn't work last time and it won't work this time because admins/mods are going to be Holla Forumsfags again who ban everyone who disagrees with their opinions and make actually playing the game in its intended way a pain in the ass.

We ain't Holla Forumsfags though and so far the only person who got banned was a guy who cheated.

See

I just need to figure out what mods to use for a comfy server.

I've been running vanilla pre-hunger update Minecraft server for months now with no problems.

We had griefers of course, but instead of banning them or cucking the server with protection mods, we formed groups and moved away from spawn. And now we have a few separate villages with their own goals scattered all over the world.

I actually like all of the mods on admin's.

And I'm kinda warming up to the folk on the server, it's not that bad.

But if you do make a server, no hunger will feel too casual after having to build farms on admin's server.

here ya go

I tried connecting on android but it crashes

Guess which nigga got his research system working?

This nigga.

Anyone interested in testing?

please

GIBS ME DAT

You do need some mods;
playereffects and mobs_redo
I'd highly recommend the mana mod, and hudbars, too.

Then, to start, you'll want to /wizard, and make one of pic related.

From there, it's pretty pretty easy. Click to research a spell you like the sound of, then go for it.

Currently, only Life level 1 and Zombie from the Death school are implemented.

It'd help if I included a link:
github.com/Nosrick/MoMTest

Thanks fam

Anyone want this on the server?

invites to factions kill serber now

fucking rip

+1 HELL YES FAM and be sure to update it

The fuck? I just fixed it yesterday

I'm genuinely humbled that anyone would even suggest that they use my mod. Thank you.

I'll work hard to update it as often as I can. If you want to keep it up to date constantly, clone my git repo.

kek

Best crossplay 2016.

Just a quick heads-up if you want to use my Master of Magic mod: the master branch will (almost) always be stable. The develop branch is guaranteed to be the most up to date, but might not work at all.

so what's cool about minetest? just looks like a cheap knockoff of minceraft with horrible textures.

its libre

Any texture packs to make it look less shitty?

Also I can't figure out what to do on the server since there are no mobs and I'm not autistic enough to build alone.

Everyone seems to be a total faggot so I'm not sure if I wanna join any fractions.

pope with team is building automated quarry or something, they could use a hand prob.

if you try building alone build as far from the spawn as posible. 1500-2000 tiles away .

texture packs are avaiable here: minetest.net/customize/#texture-packs

all mods are server side . we dont have agresive mobs because they were fucking up server.

remember to visit my shop goyim :>)

Every line of code added to it is a line of code that didn't go into a minecraft mod.

pic related

yes

SERVER IS BLACK UP

Isn't that crossdressing and cosplaying at the same time?

someone spoonfeed me a modpack for minetest that just werks so i can play

MoMTest has been updated, to fix some bugs.

UPDATE YOUR SERVER

just look at admin's mods, they're literally perfect

also I'm staying on admin's server. griefers haven't been a thing for two whole days now

Even with my crappy magic mod prototype?

Yes, I made a new wizard tower and faction to commemorate it

Post pictures?

In a moment, I just went down to get supplies, and it's a super long time to get up and down

Server down.

I think I know what caused the errors but I want to tell admin privately so no one else knows how to replicate the shutdown bug.

It's a problem with the magic mod though.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Got the stack trace and going to work on fixing it immediately.

So how far does the fucking world go underground? I've heard that it's over 11 kilometers. Either way it's fucking insane how long I spent underground just trying to reach lava.

It goes to -32768

Author of the mod, here. Apparently my mod is causing some problems with logging in. Can you tell me what you did?

wew lad
stop making threads about this shit game you dumb underage broke faggots

Fuck, I've been trying to convince my friends to play with me for two weeks now and now the server is ded

Think we're mostly past that point

I did the research minigame for the Guardian Spirit spell, and it crashed as soon as I completed the game, when it would normally give me the spellbook.

Bizarrely, the first time I did it I still got the spellbook once I logged in again.

That's very odd. I'll see what I can do about that.

What about height?

Same.

World is 65536 blocks tall total, half of that is below sea level and half is above.

I can't seem to replicate the crash, it's very unusual. The stack trace points to a completely different culprit.

Jesus fuck you could literally make LoTR tier dwarf strongholds in this game.

If it isn't the Magic Mod, what could it be?

Serb is down? I cannot connect, it gives me connection timed out error

Pretty much as said here yeah.

I should preface it with a image like so this time so people don't miss it as much.

It is coming from my mod, but I don't know why. It's saying that there's a nil value being passed into a function, but it shouldn't ever get that. It's very, very unusual.

I was searching minetest when I found this thing

what the dicks is this?

A Starship Amazing prototype.

Don't let drama build up lads, people do this to fracture the community and talk shit about moderation even when they aren't doing anything wrong, they then grief like fuck to make people stop coming on and eventually kill a server/community.
I've seen it happen a lot.

Heard it happened to /ss13/, and someone attempted to do it to the wwew Planetside 2 threads.

Some people are simply born destroyers.

Magic Mod author here.

I've got the mods that the server uses, but I still can't replicate the crash. Did someone come along and punch the font at any point?

damn nigger when is the server back just disable the mod if y ou can't fix it quick bitch i gotta mine some blocks wtf stop assing around

i put /wizard in the chat earlier and some gay spell menu came up, and it wouldnt disappear none of the buttons responded, couldnt do anything to make it go off the screen so i restarted the game and it was gone. Then i made a font and pressed one of the buttons that come up and it gave we some shitty browser game that looks like something my mom plays on facebook but i didnt know what to do so i closed it.

Don't worry, I've got a passive research system planned for people who hate fun. :^)

the problem is the lack of instruction. What the hell do you do with it?

Yep, I was there for the 3 times it happened, was really fun playing ss13 with Holla Forums too.
I was even a mod at one point and saw the fucks metagaming blatantly, I was hands off and they still attempted to turn the server against me despite me not banning anyone by saying I was an admin butt buddy who would ban anyone who disagreed with me.
Killed my love of the game for a while, but sometimes you get good people who make it all worth it.
I just don't want to see the same thing happen to you guys.

Match 3, nigga.

PUT THE SERVER BACK

BIG FAGGOT ADMIN

New thread when?

Has anyone figured out how to make a Digiline shitposting network?

If we go by the 1 block = 1 meter scale then the depth of the world is close to the thickness of the actual Earth's crust, and the height above sea level extends into the fucking stratosphere

I want a mod that accurately simulates the effects of temperature and oxygen deprivation at different altitudes/depths now.

>tfw i killed the server and/or magic mod on purpose in an attempt to bugtest

Server is back up now just in case anyone doesn't know.

bump

Finally got that image, here it is so far.

shit, forgot the image of the sign

FUCK

my research into blessing crashed the server

FUCKING KIKES AND THEIR TALMUD RITUALS

I guess the spells that are unfinished crash the server ;_;

I keep getting time out errors.
Is it ded?

see

We should honestly have a rule for no custom mods until they're actually finished, or at least mildly bug-tested

You've got a point, but you have to remember this is still basically a test server anyway, otherwise factions and the like would have to be removed as well.

Ah, I keep forgetting it's a test server

Fuck i just wanna be autistic with blocks. Admin reboot server when?

Magic Mod author here.

I can't make my game crash, no matter what the fuck I do.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO MY MOD?!

I spent my skills on life and death magic, since you said they were the only ones with working spells. Then I made a summon zombie spell, played the minigame, got the book fine with no crash.

But the font of magic still was in the minigame, giving me a score of inf/200 no matter what, and I couldn't exit the minigame.

So I crafted a wand, removed the font and replaced it, went into the life spell tree and selected what most looked like the other spell you said, so I selected blessing, started playing the minigame, then I crashed.

When are we getting something that reboots the server every time it crashes?

Source for it?
I'd definitely like to see such a generation in Minetest.

I remember it would auto-restart when Faction was far more unstable.

Ah, I forgot to mention; once you finish the minigame, just punch the font with a wand in hand to reset it.

Very strange that it crashed, I can't seem to replicate any of these crashes, even with all the mods in play. If it happens again, could you go into your debug.log, find the last crash, and pastebin it for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Well I also spawned and killed a zombie, then waited until my mana reset to 200 if that helps.

Also I was kinda 1200+ blocks up in the air

pastebin.com/Jgy364Ng

this includes the last two sessions. Don't think anything in the last crash pertains to your mod at all. just faction chests and the rat mob.

But I'm definite that it happened right as I completed the minigame.

Cheers for the log, but it looks like I can only get stack traces from the server's log. I'll have to get in contact with the admin.

rip

Is the guy who wanted the digiterm shitposting network here?

Yes

There's a super simple guide to chatting via terminals here: github.com/hdastwb/digiterm

Anything more advanced or using Secure Digiterms requires knowledge in lua scripting.

Do digiterm stuff all have to be linked, or does it work in such a way that they all access a network via wifi, or long distance, like with pcmod for gmod?

Also, since the server's down, I'm gonna model some mobs. The first one I'm gonna make is a grue, because we need some spooky shit to encounter in caves. I also want to make a vodyanik.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodyanoy

Does anyone else have any cool ideas for monsters? maybe slavic/pagan monsters with cool myths

Since it requires a lua controller it probably needs to be linked. A wireless long distance method for transfer would be nice though, there might be a mod for it.

Maybe intersperse stryzga with the already existing owls

Some of the information on the digiterm page is out-of-date by the way, luacontrollers can define functions now so they could spoof messages.

implement public key cryptography

try simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy

Be sure to hook into my mobs API. ;)

oooh, Link?

i swear to perun strzyga shouldnt have wings. Its man made after all, like vampires

There's this. Haven't tested it or anything though.
github.com/lordcirth/minetest-wireless

It's in github.com/Nosrick/MoMTest, in the api.lua, I think. Just register it as you would with the mobs_redo API, but it adds creatureType, which is used for spells and shit.

General types are life, death, chaos, nature, sorcery and normal.

This fucking router, man. It doesn't have a static IP. That's why my IDs are all over the place. I might use a trip code.

No trips, we'll be able to tell who you are anyway.

Modeled a grue, I'll wait for a bit to recieve some criticism before I texture it, in case it needs to be changed.

i hope that its animated?
otherwise its fine

Not yet, this is just a really early model to gauge for what I need to change. I haven't even shaded it properly, as you can see by the wierd shadow on the upper lip.

oooga booga where da serb at

I killed it on accident ;_;

see

welp…

Okay, I've textured and UV'd it.

It really looks like something I wouldn't want to fuck with in a cave.

Vodyonay is kinda odd choice since it is kinda miniboss tier, with his own mooks and weaponized tickle fetish exhibitionist harem.

Generally most of slavic monsters are fucking weird and are too tricky to make work in game or too powerful to make it possible to find lots of them

.>>10471671
eyes look off

Ah, true.

Maybe some sort of monsters you would expect to encounter en mass.

Cliff racers?

fugg.jpg
Kobolds would be fun.

I knew something was wrong with it.
I've repositioned his eyes, feet, and arms by my grid views to make them more equal.

Thanks

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oddly enough, I found a post about someone's mod on tumblr that adds little friendly hitlers that drop bananas behind them

For what purpose?

I honestly don't know. lolrandumb I guess.

They never really posted the mod anywhere so..

we need him to drop coins and if a player grab them hitler attack him

That's brilliant, but how would he detect that someone picked up a coin?

i don't know, is it possible to make it so that the game looks in your inventory when you're close to him to see if the coin amount in your inventory increase?

SHIT

forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14808

we could take this mod, replace the maids with nigger skins, and then have that cotton picking mod everyone always wishes for on the server. (not even joking, someone mentioned it every day)

user thats fucking glorious
we need a fuckton of nigger skins , right now

serber up

actually, it seems that the maids have their own model.

Would everyone be fine if they just looked like nigra maids?

cant we change the model ?
also server up

is /wizard bugged?

God fucking damnit

of course it is, it has like 1 day

btw that wasnt me who crashed serb

RIP in Pepperoni

I changed /wizard a bit. Now all it does is allows you to view and reset your schools.

Setting your schools is done at a Font.

does holy weapon work?
(i dont know how to even test it)

Yeah, but it doesn't add a lot of damage, as it's a cheap spell.

How do I change my banner flag? I set my faction banner while it was a white flag, am I fucked?

Nevermind, you gotta do it with a regular banner first