Any RPGs with a good romance involved or just lovable characters?

Preferable no bioware titles. No Undertale either

Also accepting really good RPGs in general

a lot of games when you reach the apex of the "romance" the interactions just end, that tends to annoy me (like in persona 4 i was dating chie but in the club scene this isn't acknowledged and it comes off as strange)

i can't think of a single game that has the relationship affect the writing or gameplay beyond that point of the part where you bang the character off screen

Bioware characters in truth are very well written what hold them back is the dialog and moment to moment talk
Most of them have a complex back story .realistic reactions and alliance but the dialog is fanfaction tier shit

I mostly just want lovable characters, either as a good party with good banter or just overall likeable.

Dragon Age Origins had this pretty well, it's not that I'm saying no Bioware out of disregarding that there are good Bioware games that fit this, it's that I've already played them to death and just looking for -new- ones

could you provide a few characters or parties you like so i could try to think of something to compare to?

I did like some of Undertale's cast, not bait, legitimately found them charming

I liked The Alistair Romance and Morrigan romances in Dragon Age: Origins but I also liked Sten and The dwarf dude that I can't recall right now.

Virgil from Arcanum
Garrus from Mass Effect
Barret from FF7

I think if not romances I also just want a good bro

if you can stomach third person shooters, in binary domain the protagonist and his big black friend Big Bo have pretty good banter, and in a clever way the gameplay shows how good buddies they are in a way you can only really see if you replay it and do things differently

and some of the other cast members like the french robot are pretty entertaining

I'll give it a pirate but I'm not much for TPSes, I barely liked Mass Effect's shooting (couldn't even play 2 without just tossing it)

Lunar 2 is really good in this area. Supposedly Ar Nosurge is too, but I haven't played that game yet.

i fucking hate that shi, why cant they make a game with good romance and take responsibility while still trying to save the world?

Can you stand PS2-type beat em ups? Try and emulate the Yakuza games I guess, they're made by the same devs and are basically the same in terms of style and lovable characters.

I've always wanted to try Yakuza because I love beat em ups but everytime I try emulating PS2 games they just run like garbage. What would be the best PS2 emulator?

Dragon Commander

Build huge stack on the strategy map and auto resolve the rts battles, they are shit

I was thinking about emulating Yakuza too, I'm using PCSX2. If it runs like garbage try messing around with the settings.

I may give that a go, I've also been wanting to pick up Drakengard as well so it'll give me more reason to fiddle with that.

Ehhh, as much as I liked Skeleton waifu I couldn't get into that much, even with autoresolving battles

There's medication for that, you know

Got more pictures like this?

Bioshock II had the Gold Standard for daughteru characters. At risk of derailing, better than 1 too, because it wasn't dumbed-down ss2.

Valkyria ChronicalsAlpha Protacol and Binary Domain had some great characters too.

Deus Ex (original and even HR) both have some really memorable characters. Glory and Eiger, shit, all of them, were good in Shadowrun: Dragonfall. I'm still playing through it but Shadowrun: Hong Kong is good too.

I assume you're all aware already of Teaching Feeling, considering OP put it in the image. For those that aren't, or have been living under a rock for the past few months, /hgg/ has a thread about it with the newest translated version.

As for games with romance the pickings are slim considering the dark age of Marxism the West seems to be stuck in.

A franchise with, IIRC, three games now, which are basically remakes of each other with more shit added in. It's basically a girlfriend simulator, with one of three to chose from, fairly elaborate, even able to keep track of time and be angry at you if you miss an "appointment".

Only the original DS version is fan translated into English though I heard it has some fairly good copy protection that can lock out most flashcards, so keep that in mind.

A classic, and now abandonware too. One of the few, true dating sims to ever reach the West. It's an RPG in the sense that you do have stats that determine your success at various activities (tests, sport competitions, work, et al), and need to be maxed out if you want to get the girl of your choice.

It holds up surprisingly well even today.

A Sega Saturn game. The basic premise is that a family friend is moving away from Tokyo with his wife, but his daughter is staying behind to finish high school and moves in with you. Your task is now to make her your waifu.

Similarly to Love Plus, this one also keeps track of real time, so that the girl won't be in the apartment during weekdays, since she'll be attending school. She can also get pissed at you if you're late and didn't tell her.

It's also part of a franchise, with an additional two other games, one where she comes for a vacation from America, and it's the shortest one, and the 2nd that deals with her highs school graduation, university entrance, and you can even go on a trip with her.

Basically, it and Love Plus are nagging simulators, though the DC version drops the real time clock feature.

There's a bunch more games out there, but they're all in moonrunes, so if you want the waifu without subjecting yourself to 3DPG you better start memorizing them kanji.

Speaking of Love Plus, if anybody wants to try it out on an emulator I do not suggest fucking with the clock on your computer. I was late for a date once and did that ; boy howdy, let me tell ya', Rinko was downright fucking suicidal whenever I booted the game after finicking with the clock.

Baldur's Gate 2, faggot.

Look at him, marvel at his shit taste, and then humiliate him into suicide.

Baldur's Gate has about the worst BioWare "romances" around. You had:

Bipolar, batshit insane bitch. What happens when a Western developer tries to make a tsundere but just ends up making her into a cunt.

Nagging bitch who is likely into cuckolding, if her previous husband was any indication. There is nothing appealing about her, she's just annoying and never stops nagging.

Whiny bitch, on top of having a long history of being everyone's cocksleave, so you don't even get the pure and virginal. On top of being internally damaged goods, she is even damaged externally, lacking in the wings.

Also can cuck you with another guy.

Basically, all the romances in BG2 are godawful. All three females are annoying, never stop nagging you, two of them have an extra coating of bitch on top and have had their vaginas used by the whole of the Forgotten Realm.

Ar nosurge (some of the best character writing I've ever seen)

Trails in the sky

Rune Factory, my dudes.
Tides of destiny if you don't care about farman or bringing your loved one on your adventures.
3 if you care about that.
4 if you care about that and have a cracked 3DS.

FFVIII

you chicken-wuss

JRPG with light VN romance.
Basically take women out on a date QnA or shower her with gifts.
Having high relationship pts with a girl makes your weapon stronger.

Battles are 1v1, with 2 backups as support.
Maps are frustrating mazes, over and over.

Probably 6/10, 7-8/10 if you are weaboo and like the humor/plot

elaborate

But Quistis isn't Chad's sloppy seconds

One of the many reasons why VIII is a shit game.

The only way they could ever top VII is if the made the remake and let you have all three heroines at once.

Basically I had a date set up for which I missed the mark by some 6 hours due to some shit coming up. Loaded up the game and the bitch was pissed as fuck over it and - at least I thought thats how it worked - all but ready to break up. So me being the fucking genius I am, I proceeded to alt+f4 the emulator, turn the clock back a few good hours and SOMEHOW the bitch was now suicidal and depressed when I booted the game. I have no idea if there is an actual protection coded into the game regarding the clock or if I somehow bugged it out to the point I haven't booted the game to talk to her for months / years, but I stooped playing after that.

My heart couldn't take her half-dead expression and monotone voice, not after how cute the bitch was acting days earlier

So, basically, this is merely a thread to state you don't like Undertale and Bioware games, hopefully sparking a shitstorm to get some online validation.

This isn't true, you can select the correct dialog so that there really isn't that much interaction between them for the first half of the game (which admittedly makes the space scene totally awkward)

whatever…

You forgot best girl.

I only mentioned it because it was in theme with likable characters as I was willing to find games that had them if not romance.

It was basically a thread to see if I could find charming or lovable characters, preferably with romance elements but since they are slim pickings, just good companion characters will also do.

I omitted Undertale and Bioware because I figured when it came to romance or likable characters, those two would definitely pop up and I'd already have played them to death, Baldur's gate and NWN included

Lovable characters?

Morte from PS:T, Jan Jansen from BG2, Tasslehoff Burrfoot from Dragonlance, not video games but he's THE lovable character

For romance, Fall-From-Grace is pretty much the only one I can think of that isn't awful.

yall niggas a bunch of gay bois

Did they ever finish the mod?

Pick one, my man.

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

So a normal tsundere character, then.

It's a delicate balancing act. Old school tsunderes tend to be cunts and stay as such, modern ones basically go into dere overload the more tsun they are at the beginning.

Western developers are just complete shit at making waifus that would appeal to anyone that isn't a numale cuck that only gets sexual gratification from prepping the bull.

Seconding Trails in the Sky.

Tsundere's are shit.

it is the opposite mate. old tsunderes used to become nicer as time went on while new ones are just bitches that occasionally blush.

Pandora's Tower will make you really love the girl. Also features erotic eating.

It is not vidya but spice and wolf if you have not read it/watched it.

is Ciel nosurge any good, and I assume I should get the vita version of ar nosurge right?

This and Harvest Moon. HM games are slightly more comfy for me, even though have little to nothing rpg elements.

every time until it fucks off from Holla Forums.

Nobody said Lufia 2 yet, so will

Why media takes video games so seriously? More serious than even cartoons or movies this days. It seems we misunderstood how this medium is important for propaganda.

Even George Soros himself acknowledged video games as a tool for propaganda, or at least organization he pays money to.

Sadly Ciel Nosurge was never released outisde Japan so no English.

And yeah Ar Nosurge is fine on the Vita, you even get the plus version.

Actually the simplest answer is

The gaming industry is huge and bigger than Hollywood.

Handy webm for you for next time, user.

oh shit I thought I read it was released in English somewhere.

shame it is digital only though.

Reported.

It's a little more complicated than that.

Gaming, despite everything the media says, is the realm of the white man. It's what those that uphold modern Western civilization indulge in more than any other medium.

It's fairly obvious why filthy Jews like Soros view it as a prime opportunity to brainwash a few more goyim to do their bidding.

About to try LoH. Advice?