Can we maybe talk about job strategies for Bravely Default? Second can come, too, if you want

Can we maybe talk about job strategies for Bravely Default? Second can come, too, if you want.

I'm almost at the point where I have to fight that Valkyrie chick, and I find myself wracking my brain to make my team synergize, while giving them jobs that fit their character.

For now, I have Tiz as a Monk with Sword Lore and Two-Handed, since I'm trying to use the Monk's high STR stat. I coupled that with the Sword Magic subset, just so he had some elemental prowess to work with.

Agnés is my healer/mage, and I thought maybe Red Mage would fit her, but I'm afraid that using the two different schools would drain her MP. What's more, I feel she's more of a White Mage what with her being vestal to the Wind Crystal. I gave her Rod Lore and Auto-Aspir Blade for the Rejuvenation Special, and to get back some MP from all the magic blasting.

Ringabel is a hard one to figure out. While I see him being a Red Mage with the Chivalry subset making sense, in practice, it doesn't work. Both skill sets have no synergy with each other, so I thought maybe keeping him as Ranger with the Time Magic subset would be nice, since he's filling a slot.

Therein lies Edea. I simply don't know what to do with her. I set her as a Spell Fencer, and gave her the Freelancer's skill set, but beyond that I'm not sure what would fit her for the party. Of course, I prefer to have Examine when I absolutely need it.

So there you have it. Call my planning or wall-of-text 'autismal' if you'd allow it. I seem to be just really confused on how to build my team based on those restrictions, and hopefully you guys will give me some advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/acH6c7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Game is easy as fuck just use daggers or dual axes
Airy is the final boss

Good games not the greatest but had a lot of moments that made me smile and care about the characters

its such a damn shame it got censored, espeically the second game because the censorship for that is beyond retarded

I'm playing it patched.

Not when you fight for the Red Mage asterisk.

Don't think about planning out your jobs too much, by chapter 5 it will be super easy to grind all jobs to max lvl (kill rafflesias outside florem, give 2 people natural talent/knuckle lore, spam cresent strike). By the endgame you'll need it anyway.

Btw the best build I've ever made is monk with black magic & natural talent, phantom weapon, and magic critical. You can cast punch magic, combining the spell power with your fists and deal 9999 damage with basic fire to all enemies. Too bad it doesn't work with white magic though.
Other than that you'll want a spiritmaster/white mage with hasten world (stillness will help you for every boss fight), a performer/freelancer (my hero + mimic is a bp cow), and a ninja/spell fencer with hawkeye, precision, and katanas (use ikkikasi to deal 9999 damage twice, meaning x6 9999 with 3 defaults).

Black mage everyone. Beat the whole game with it without dieing or a lot of grinding. Only switched classes when I got Sage so I could grind for JP for every class

Sorry, I haven't played it in a long time and I played in Japanese, but there are some real game breaking strats. You can totally break the game with Dark Knights spamming that attack that hits the party and all enemies, and someone with the red mage trait and status spells to poison your party to earn extra BP and put up the buff that causes dark elemental attacks to heal you. You end up getting max BP every time to spam countless dark knight attacks to hit everything and heal yourself for huge numbers. It's fucking broken you can rape the whole game effortlessly.

Pretty much this. If i remember correctly the move was called Dark Nebula. Hits all enemies/players on screen, but you equip your team with a Dark Shield and it nullifies all damage done to the player. They fixed this in Bravely second so that the dark shield only nullifies 50% dark damage, so the strat doesn't work as well.

My go to strat is Monk/Dark Knight. Monk has a move called Phoniex Flight which converts your total HP - 1 (reducing your HP to 1) as damage done to an enemy and Dark knight has a move called Minus Strike, which deals the your max HP - your current HP. If your at 9999 HP, then your dealing max damage each turn. Most things usually die after Braving 4 times with each character.

There are loads of broken strats in Bravely Second involving Exorcist/Black Mage.

Was the second game uncensored version released or something?
Was only outfits or text too?
Does it have DLCs?
Its about time to play it

Nevermind, I got the uncensored game already
And looks like DLC just unlock for free items you can buy in the game

What the fuck was censored so I'm sure I'm playing the uncensored stuff?

Anyone able to emulate the Japanese version?

Not in the real ending

Video games are all basically Japan exclusive these days

I ripped my copy and I'm uploading the .cia to the volafile right now:

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Er, sorry, accidentally started uploading my rip for Second, will upload my rip of For The Sequel afterward.

Sound track is goat, censorship a shit. 4th wall breaking never fails to make me smile.

What bugged me about the first one was how easy it was to break.
Grind on undead enemies and you can max out your levels.
Then the game becomes less about "what strategy can you use to go toe-to-toe with the boss?" and more "what strategy can you use to decimate the boss and come off without a scratch?"

The fact the secret boss in both games can be beaten with OP strategies on auto annoys me.

Second version changed:
- One of the side-quests it is impossible to get the bad end for.
- More costumes are covered up.
- Changed the costume of a class that resembled a native american to a cowboy.
- In the art book, some art is removed. Including one of a character bathed in blood (yet it's unchanged in game), references to censored costumes, and some stills of Agnes tied by red string/ribbon. Symbolic of duty binding and all that, but clearly problematic bondage.

It's amazing the nazi-esque human soldiers were unchanged.

And another thing:
During the time loops in the first game, why didn't they change more things in each loop? Have a world where everything went to shit, a world much earlier in the time-line when the plague happened or the battle between DeRosso and the Arcanist. Or even worlds where the bosses assume different classes. So they use their classes' abilities differently in battle. Maybe even a world where Brav died early, so Edea took up leadership at young age.

Go ranger and use the bow you get from norende. Ranger is actually good midgame

I was under the impression that since they wanted to go with the meta-aspect of how each person playing the game was another parallel world, all the timelines had to be at least somewhat similar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the non-For the Sequel version, weren't the last two loops completely unchanged from the first two re-dos?

I can stomach must of that but what in the fuck? They changed the ART BOOK?!

Does Airy explain why time had to loop?

Is there a uncensor patch for Bravely Second, and if so, any of you have it?
I cant seem to find it myself

There was no time loop, they just thought that's what was happening, but they actually went to parallel worlds

No idea, but if you just want the uncensored version of the game I just threw it up on the Volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7 and am throwing up Default's uncensored version as well.

Beat the game. It's not a time loop, it's being dumped in an identical, parallel game world. The meta of it all is that each time you "beat" the game by reaching the pillar of light, you are creating another corrupted world which is used to power the extra-dimensional demon Ouroboros, who exists outside of the gameworld.

How about don't be a dumb shit and change jobs to address the challenges you face?

Trying to lock the characters into one specific job undermines the entire fucking point of the job system and the fact you can swap them freely with no real permanent consequences to things like your stat growth.

>The meta of it all is that each time you "beat" the game by reaching the pillar of light, you are creating another corrupted world which is used to power the extra-dimensional demon Ouroboros

You don't create another world, you just connect the previous world to another one of the worlds, a process Airy has been working on for fucking ever, and in the game your party ends up linking the last 5 worlds she needs to form a full circle so to speak, which weakens the barrier between the Luxendarcs and "the heavenly world" aka our IRL meatspace, which is where Ouroboros wants to come wreak havoc.

So it took way too fucking long, but the .cia for Bravely Default: For The Sequel is up on the volafile.

See:

I worded that poorly. I meant "beating" each loop corrupts that world so it can power Airy and Ouroboros's plans, which is linking them to invade meatspace.

SJWs think its okay to kill nazi solders, but not okay to kill native americans. Must be white guilt.

Actually, there was no real America back then, right? It would've been the Spaniards/British that invaded.