Can anyone think of any game series that actually ended the way the creators wanted them to...

Can anyone think of any game series that actually ended the way the creators wanted them to? Ones that weren't prematurely stopped because they weren't making publishers enough money, or extended beyond what was necessary? Ones that had as many games as they needed to?

Pic unrelated.

Don't be surprised when your thread derails. I wish there were actually women who would come onto to people like that, too bad all of them are naturally submissive

Couldn't think of a fitting image so I grabbed the first thing I saw in my HDD.

Final Fantasy if the title wasn't misleading.

Maybe Mother as after 3, the creator didn't want to make any more of them.

Rance might if Alicesoft manages to release X, though they could easily go milk it after.

The problem with finding a series that does this is that if a series of games is popular, it will get milked one way or another.

Which is ironic, considering how most of them are absolute scumbags.

Uncharted 4

Golden sun. They had to make 2 games instead of one to fit in all the content, but that's all

If Sony and Druckmann has some restraint, that is. Otherwise, yeah.

Nevermind, I just remembered the horrible ds games I never played and I usually try to keep of my mind

Also, were it not for Halo 4 and 5, would Halo have counted?

I think Megaman Zero? I haven't read anything regarding the dev/publisher side of it, but it didn't feel like it went on too long or short, and 4 ended it pretty decisively.

Geneforge, Mother, Legacy of Kain, Metroid Prime and Rune Factory

Monster World
IV ends with the Genie as a stand in for the developers saying they enjoyed making the games, and the player should go outside and enjoy life.

Its happened to me more than a few times.
I'm lmaoing at your life

Metal Gear Solid.

Konami fuckery aside, Kojima still managed to end the series as intended. Not originally intended, but he made lemonade from lemons. He got to give the players a fond farewell with the ending cutscene and also get his pretentious boner stroked with the game itself being our phantom pain.

What a cool series, I'm glad it got released unbutchered aside from Soul Reaver 1's gameplay. Even then it was alright.

From what I heard, Zero 3 was meant to be the conclusion.

Yeah, sure thing buddy

But Dr. Weil is still alive and kicking at the end of 3.
Unless they were planning on having him die with Zero's real body.
That, and seeing Zero's dead body at the end of 4 was a pretty awesome way to say "It's over"

Weil's fate notwithstanding, 3 did thematically feel conclusive, since most of the plot threads in the first two games end up being concluded there.

Umihara Kawase

The name of the final game should be proof enough they ended it on their own terms. Company went bankrupt shortly after, so they knew their time was up.

Where do you go to even find women like that? I've had one milf in college actually make a move first but when it came down to the most important part she was submissive as fuck

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Yup, Zero 3 was supposed to be the conclusion, but they ended up making 4. That's why it takes place away from Neo Arcadia and shit.

Bravo!

reread

To pretend this thread is still on topic, Mother and Devil May Cry (not counting the reboot.)

As a hardcore halo lorefag, no.

Bungie wanted Halo 2 to be the conclusion, Halo 3 was basically just stuff that got cut from 2 that they stretched out into it's own game.

I suppose it might technically still quality since it wasn't due to external pressure, merely bungie not having the hardware/resources to accomplish their original vision for 2 (in fact, the entire game got scrapped 2 years into devolpment andf what we got was all rebuilt in 9 months) but every interview i've ever read from a bungie employee about Halo 2 has boiled down to them saying it was grueling and awful and them having to cut and redo everything for 2 nearly caused the studio to close.

user i..

Dude you can't just exclude one game in a series where the story is pivotal to it and claim it was unbutchered ; the SR1 cut content changes the whole series to it's core and affects every game that folllowed after it , so the series wasn't unbutchered

fucking flag

Devil May Cry 4, as far as I know, wasn't meant to be the final game in the series. The reboot only got made because Jewnafune thought what the series needed was to be westernised and actively encouraged Ninja Theory to make it as different as possible.

This is interesting to hear because from what I've heard, the first three Halo games have had myriads of cut content and abandoned ideas.

Was that the early build that was shown in vid related? The one that was running on CE's engine?

bungie made a post mortem video for halo 2, it's got the 3 lead guys talking over parts of the game, it's about an hour long? Talks about how they had so much uncertainty, and the final game was made from scraps and put together in 9 months and paid off immensely because it was a great game.

I wish Bungie had developed Halo without Microsoft's intrusions. All the cut ideas they had and content seems like it would make a game leagues better than what we got with them originally. Just watch the making of films to get an idea of it.

Same could be said of most games really.

Yeah.

Custom Robo ended on a good note

I have mixed feelings on Zero 4, because parts of it are really cool and add value to the series, but on the whole I feel like it was unnecessary.
I'm not sure if it should have existed. On the one hand, the loose end of Weil being alive needed to be tied.
On the other hand, you're right that 3 was thematically climactic, and Zero 4 feels like it's "after the end", so to speak.

The only one that really comes to mind is the Mother series, but he left it open so that anyone who wanted to make a sequel could attempt to do so

I know there's been plenty of story arcs spanning multiple games that ended the way the creators intended, but I'm not sure about any individual series ending off that way

Women will come on to you if you are fit, reasonably secure in your finances and and carry yourself well. No matter how much they may deny it, women are attracted to men that can provide their basic needs, keep them safe and father children for them, just as they have been since the dawn of man. Chad Thundercock is always getting the ladies because despite their protestations to the contrary, you can't fight biology.

I seriously hope you guys didn't buy into the bullshit mass media has been selling you all these years about being an awkward beta faggot(AKA getting girls by being the "nice guy".)

Sage for off topic.

but nice guys provide for people, that's what they do. I guess cockiness is more attractive than trustworthiness?

Nice guys are great people to have around and excellent friends. "Nice guys" are backstabbing, manipulating pricks who should be avoided at all times, and females can smell their bullshit from miles away.

*tips fedora*

Most of Holla Forums is beyond saving regarding this. Cockiness and danger are always going to be more attractive than being 'nice', 'genuine' or 'trustworthy'. I have no idea why this is, but it's the truth, and I've observed it for years now. Most girls will gladly leave a stable relationship with a nice, genuine, smart man in favor of a 'bad boy' who excites her more. I'll let you in on a secret: 'niceness', 'trustworthiness', and being 'genuine' are submissive traits, and people will take advantage of you if you do this. People will see you as a resource, someone who pays for everyone. You have to look out for yourself, you don't owe anyone anything. Go work out, increase your self-esteem, and learn how to talk to girls.

is this you?

Feminist detected
Those manipulative "Nice Guys" would be popular with women because women love sociopaths.

It is not fair, he is half the man user is but still gets the gurll.

We aren't referring to the same kind of people. The "nice guys" I'm talking about are fedora nu-males.

Modest confidence and stoic kindness are most attractive, you shouldn't be going after women who "Want the bad boy" because they don't understand how healthy relationships work and will forever chase the excitement that only really exists within the first year or so of a relationship.

except the people who say they're "nice guys" to women, are actually manipulative fuckheads who act dishonestly to women, and women can sense that shit because they deal with dishonest manipulation on a daily basis when they interact with other women.

That kind of thinking leads to shit like Daikatana, man. Games need editors, just like any other creative media. Having no-one to tell you that your ideas are shit results in a game full of shit ideas.

On the flipside, too much interference results in the modern game industry, where new ideas are restricted to one per game, if that. That's why single and double A gaming works so well - there's not too much at stake to risk a few new ideas, but there's enough oversight to prevent a game from being a detailed, emotional inspection of the creator's asshole.

I think someone whose priorities are larger than themselves would make a better mate, and that's not a submissive quality. It shows commitment and responsibility, the two most important attributes in a partner.
If you date someone who doesn't care about anyone but themselves, they'll cheat on you and leave you when the situation gets tough.

The fedora nu-males aren't that great at manipulation, they are the ones being manipulated. They're still horrible people though.

that's why small teams are typically the best for most entertainment media, with a strong leader with a vision for something they themselves would want, instead of profit. You want people to make a game that they themselves would want to play, movie directors that make the movies they'd want to see. We have people in film particularly, like Wells and Kubrick who made arguably the greatest crafts in their field, but it was only because they were working with a team and all of them were motivated by the craft, not profit. Same thing with people like Romero, when he was working in a team with a strong vision they had amazing success, but when he was independent from the other team members he made shit. Much like Kubric's later work, Eyes wide shut, which had mixed critical opinion and AI, where the part of the movie that he pushed for before his death is seen as the weakest part of it.

you need to temper vision because oftentimes you'll be blinded to the flaws of your own works and defeat the main purpose of your work, to be consumed and entertained by others.

Sure, if you think about it, you want those for a long-term emotional connection. But you're overestimating the amount of thought that goes into it. Women are attracted to manly men because they will produce manly kids. In the distant past, yeah, there's selection pressure against cheats because if they just ditched the kid, it's less likely to survive. But in the modern age, the government will provide for them. Even if they didn't, you'll have no problem finding some poor cuck who'll pay for your room and board in exchange for a pity fuck every now and again.

Well yes, but given what changes they made in SR1, the series still came out alright. No finished product is ever 1:1 with the original vision of the creator. They tweak things and change the story a lot and design new environments all the time. Still a shame we don't get to see more of the original LoK ideas but hey, all things considered, I think they did pretty well.

A civilized man is nice, trustworthy, and genuine, and polite right up until the poison starts to take effect.

pic related, Iwata respectedItoi and gave him total creative control.

Go back to sockpuppeting your vids when forgetting to log out of Google+, Stefan.

More like a lack of understanding of how women work on an instinctual level, the beta traits are only attractive when they're not on their ovulation cycle and far away from being on it (so about 2-3 weeks of the month), or being pregnant, or being on the pill and there is a massive caveat to that where you still have to be manly. Before feminism seriously took it's more blatantly poisonous form this was referred to as being "too nice". And stand up for yourself and hold your ground when people challenge you on things, being firm instead of just being aggressive.

This faggot here doesn't understand that either you don't run a charity or anything and trustworthiness is mutually exclusive to being "nice". if somebody fucks you, you tell them to fuck right off and fuck them right back and be kind to people that matter to you. Don't be a doormat and if chad is moving in on your women you stop giving a fuck about whatever respect you give her and start turning up the aggression in pursuing her and keeping other men away regardless of her protests to the contrary and you'll be fine.

I don't know how I feel about it either. While the final boss fight with weil was fucking epic, I still can't help but to think it should have been over with x and ciel's words of encouragement and zero's acceptance.

But fuck, ciel watching ragnarok fall to earth and zero's shattered helmet made me tear up

>mfw she starts crying

>mfw zero simply walks past in ciel in the ending to 3 instead of hugging her. Seriously, the dialogue would have fit perfectly

Yeah, I was really expecting some kind of hug/kiss/whatever, it felt like they'd been leading up to it the whole time. I think Zero was just too much of a sperg to make a move. Pisses me off, because Ciel a cute.

That could be what they were originally planning to do. Maybe they just got lazy or something. Either that, or they though it was a "goes without saying" kinda thing. Either that, or they really like teasing people and giving it all that buildup with no payoff.
Unfortunately, the zero series will always feel incomplete to me because of that

Zero 3 is climactic in the same way that X5 is, which is hacky. Same old padding and recycling of old bosses, overhyped "X vs Zero" moment, and now… Zero vs Zero! Omega was the most underwhelming thing when they couldn't even differentiate his sprite. Kraft and Weil were a blast to fight and blow pretty much everything else in 3 in out of the water. Replaying 3 just isn't as exciting as the others.

Still,

in my work place there were this old woman that did that, I remember i called her to my desk and did that shit in front of me, pointing her breasts at my face, good thing i turned into a wizard and was immune to it, told her to take a seat, she was ugly as sin

Bayonetta and Pikmin

Some hefty bullshit.

maybe you should try looking a little MMMMMM richer

I almost forgot. There's the Souls series. That's pretty much over now.

Wtf are you talking about. You must be new here.

8/v/ is Holla Forums tier red pilled when it comes to how submissive women are to cocky douchebags.

Final DOOM.

But Doom 3 and nuDoom exist

Doom3 is not part of series, it's a reboot.
As is NuDoom.

No.
I have been approached some times, out of the blue. Since I'm shy I just runned away or looked for excuses while everyone laughed. A couple of them were just bored, the last one was a fujoshi that watched me playing me playing a 3DS in public and a minute after introducing herself tried to show me her Zelda tattoo (although it was a funny thing to hear, she definitely had issues). I was using a suit so I guess that got her attention…

This is very true.

The creator is working on a spiritual successor, Monster Boy, that's supposed to come out next January. It has a pretty interesting development history.

Quest For Glory series.