Why do people hate the precuels?

Pleb, go back to Holla Forums.

Reported for underaged b&

Episode I was probably the most hyped movie in history. It was pretty bad and people were still pissed off because George Lucas hadn't released the original three movies on DVD. It was enough for me to say fuck this and give up on the series.

Most kids did. I didn't know what Empires or republics were as a six year old. It doesn't actually matter. The bad guys wear black.

If you have to ask the question you're a pleb. Besides Episode III they are pretty bad

but Star Wars itself is pleb tier it's based on fucking Flash Gordon, it never was an intelectual movie with a deep hidden meaning
it was mean to be cheese on steroids, literally circus for the lowest common denominator and i enjoyed it as such, then the precuels came out and were basically more of the same, only this time George had airs of pretentious writting at least he tried to do something new with the IP
then everyone started throwig shit at it, as if it had ruined some legacy or something, but all it did is give us cheeze on even bigger steroids than the last trilogy

Every star wars trio of episodes is meant to target a generation.
Is what most go to watch, but the overall quality has only dropped and that is undeniable.

We were explaining how the Gungan sequences were cartoonish and ridiculous, particularly shamefully in the underwater section that was basically a videogame. One of our idiot friends came up and said: 'I feel they made the series thematically complete, now you will have fly throughs on air, ground and water'.

Exactly: stage 1 in space, then the snow level, afterwards the cursed woods and finally the underwater level. Real 1999 facts

Then you get the city and fire levels.

For fuck sake Eric Trump, you know the rest of the world didn't have money for DVD-players at the time.

I would have had so much respect for Lucas if he'd gone with the original plan of making JarJar a Sith who was subtly engineering events behind the scenes.

I used to watch and rewatch my Phantom Menace VHS all the time until it would play for me no more.

He couldn't direct good acting for the most part

I don't see it.

Giving these a watch someday. Recommend I buy the 2011 blu ray release or are they or you going to be updated?

There's a difference between acting awkwardly and believably and just acting badly because you cant even work with the shitt script and direction

Their greatness is a meme around here, but they're certainly good films. At worst they are beautiful disasters, there is some really good imagery in the prequels. I'm not a fan of the lightsaber fights though. Too over choreographed, Sith use them for some reason now. They could be a lot better, but they're certainly not these unforgivable heaps that a lot of people make them out to be.

JarJar wasn't a sith. He worked for the Vong. He wanted to destroy the Empire and destabilize the galaxy so they could move in and take control.

I'm honestly of the opinion that people hated them because they didn't line up with their idea of what the Star Wars prequels should have been.

Anytime you ask a prequel hater to justify their opinion, they start off by ragging on shit like the acting (nigger, have you SEEN the acting in the original trilogy? Alec Guiness was phoning it in, Luke was the original Anakin, Harrison Ford was basically playing himself, etc) but inevitably it boils down to "Lucas fucked up by doing the story like THIS and not like THIS…", etc, etc.

Hey faggot, those are his fucking movies and his ideas. It doesn't help that every single "how to make the prequels good" concept from the fandom boils down to half-assed ideas like an Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padme love triangle and Anakin turning evil because he finds Obi-Wan porking Padme.

I think there's one major problem with the prequels, and it's that the time skips and changes in cast make them too disjointed, and prevent you from really getting to know the characters. The original Trilogy is set over the course of maybe a couple of years. You come to know Luke very well by the end of it. Anakin is basically a different person in each movie. You don't really get to know him in the same way.
Padme also just fucking sucks and has no personality.

This is also probably why people like that Clone Wars show so much, though I haven't seen it personally.

Why is this some earth-shattering revelation? That’s why people hate anything.

For you maybe. I hate shit for being shit.

That and the fact they aren't children anymore, but still want that childhood feel.

When i watched the movies i liked it, it wasnt as great as the original trilogy but it was good, mind you me and my friends were all Star Wars geeks/nerds how you call it back then and actually enjoyed the movies, ofc we had issues with it but overall we didnt say OH LE GOD PREQUELS SCUK 100% BECUASE OF THIS SMALL DETAIL!

From my observation there are 2 currents/waves of prequel haters, first one are the SJW nutjobs who wanted to make prequels as SJW as possible as a big fuck you to competing LOTR movies, those same people are today praising TFA, TLJ and Rogue One and even saying those are better than prequels.

Second wave/current are the muh headcannon nutjobs who i highly suspect to be Trekies, they simply want to turn Star Wars into boring Star Trek where its 90% talking on the deck, 5% dick jokes/beam me up Scotty and 5% action.

And before some faggot calls me a Lucas apologist or something even tho i liked the prequel movies in general i disliked several things like Lucas overusing CGI, going too far in certain scenes and not able to remove them in post-production because those scenes chain to other scenes, Jar Jar being turned into a comic relief instead of his original role as Plageus (early concept art of Jar Jar showed him to be more sinister and feral rather than clumsy slimy alien), Kenobi vs Anakin lightsaber fight in 3 was a big disaster, casting Hayden Christensen for role of Anakin was a huge mistake (like Peter Jackson casting that faggot from Queen of Damned for Aragorn then coming to his senses and replacing him with Viggo) etc etc

Bottom line is i understand you cannot really do much with the prequel stories because the end result is already known, the best you can do is expand the backstory of characters and maybe add some twists/deep meaning on some characters motives.

The thing is, because of 9/11 the prequels are a bit disjointed. Lucas worked in the whole false opposition, staged wars and attacks and subverting a democracy into a dictatorship and the flaws of the righteous into the scripts of the later two movies.

Coincidentally, it was always around the time (before) the second movie was release the actual prequel hate actually began. It's too much of a coincidence there i suspect.

Yeah, that's true, setting them over such a large period of time really did not do any favors to the prequel movies.

I still have no fucking clue why Anakin was attracted to her so much. You can't really use the "she was the only girl who ever gave him the time of day" because he spent his teenage years at the Jedi Temple and HAD to have interacted with other girl Jedi during this period. Then you have the fact that he's the fucking Chosen One and later becomes a renowned war hero and women should be literally throwing themselves at him.

Hell, now that I remember, Anakin DID have other woman attracted to him in EU material. There was Darra Thel-Tanis and Jabitha in the novels and Queen Miraj in the Clone Wars cartoon. And in the case of the CW cartoon, they also had this weird disconnect where Anakin behaved like some kind of playboy at times yet was still irrationally obsessed with Padme. Really, Anakin's love interest should have been a female Jedi. It would also work a hell of a lot better with the whole "forbidden romance" aspect that Lucas kept hammering on.

Being a jewess she gave Anakin Toxoplasmosis when they first met.