Does Holla Forums like the Worms games?

Does Holla Forums like the Worms games?

Is anyone looking forward to Worms W.M.D? Or is it a dead franchise trying to recapture the glory days?

A while ago, I had to go to the hospital for a while, was stuck there like a week or something. I was bored out of my mind instantly due to not being allowed to use a laptop or whatever, but a portable system was fine. My mother sympathetically went to a gamestop and bought me a DS and asked me what games I wanted for it.
I forget exactly what I got, but most of the games they had there were pretty trash. I asked her to get me three different games, one of them being a version of Worms for the DS. I used to love worms back in the day, it used to be a favorite for me. Even though I was feeling ultra shitty and stuck in a hospital, I was legit a little bit excited to be able to at least play some worms.
That said, the version was so buggy, had such shitty controls, was so unplayable that I stopped playing it after a couple hours max and went back to feeling miserable in the hospital.
Ever since then, any time I see worms, I just assume its another shitty cash grab that appeals to "muh nostalgia", and considering what I've seen of this new version, it looks to be no different.
Team17 is dead to me.

why the sage?

I've played more of the 3D iterations in the series. Particularly Worms 3D and Worms 4 Mayhem. I liked messing with the settings so a single Holy Grenade could destroy 1/4 to a 1/2 of the map. Fun times

Love the first couple but worms 3D put me off the series. I find myself thinking of Worms 2 once in awhile so maybe this thread is the kick I need to install it.

no idea, go ask that Holla Forums faggot

Saw some W.M.D and the game looks dandy and cool

but here's one thing

THE SERIES REGRESSED AGAIN INTO THE VERY BASICS while all they had to do was to take all those advancements like liquid, sentries, magnets, and put them in Worms Armageddon. and then continue from there. actually W.M.D is based on WA engine so it's a start. but then:

they removed another batch of weapons. HHG is now preorder bonus. they threw away the old level generator and put the premade assets shit. also no caverns lol, only islands. there is now "crafting" so they won't have to do any assets for skunk weapon so you have a farting sheep instead. darkside tools (girders, various digging kits) still take away your entire turn and rope asshats are still at advantage. they probably didn't even consider putting proper shopper options which is what everyone playing worms online nowadays is exclusively playing. but hell what did you expect from a game where you start an official team17 video and a fucking numale with fucking colour hair shows up

I think Reloaded was the last Worms game I liked. It managed to give it a nice facelift, while keeping it fun.
World Party is still the best, but it's a bitch to get working in modern windows.

I still have the very first one for my playstation though.

Good series. If you haven't already, also try Hogs of War.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS SHIT

HHG is now preorder bonus

WHAAAAAAAATT

oh sorry, HHG wasn't a preorder bonus

but Kamikaze and Sheep Launcher are though, which is worse

I actually tried the 3D version and wasn't that crazy about it. I think that worms is just one of those series that should stay in its own dimension and fuck off from higher ones. That said though, according to this user here:

pretty much confirms what I said in

After I saw they were doing skins from other games, I knew they were just trying to sucker in nogstalia for these other games to get people to buy another shit worms game. after seeing the TF2 skins, I almost wanted to give them another shot. but after learning HHG is a preorder bonus, no, fuck you, you're still dead to me Team17

okay, HHG isn't a preorder bonus, but to have any preorder bonus weapons in a fucking worm game is retarded.

Oh, well maybe they-
BURN THEM

Welp, there goes yet another game I was looking forward too.
It was ticking almost all the boxes before I stumbled upon this thread. Why are all British devs so Jewish?

Because you amerikikes bought most of us out and gutted us.

whats the best current game that replicates this gameplay without being horrible?

Not even American, faggot.

Then you are even more of little consequence. Do tell me what games your country has produced.

N-no

Another British one-hit-wonder developer trying to copy its own success.
A modern Worms game has to come from someone else, who understood the game, to make it good.
If the same developer tries again, you get shit like Elite Dangerous.

Now they are all dead, brought out and killed off by the same US giants that buy and kill every good studio.

Jesus you are pathetic user. Even Croatia has more games then that

I like the 3D Worms more than the 2D Worms.

Fuck this world right up the ass

I think the 3D versions were pretty neat, those didn't have that kind of fuckery going around thankfully. I liked them being 3D is it allowed for an added layer of strategy and platforming which was pretty neat, plus I really like the low key aesthetics and design. Plus the random level generator was a lot of fun.

I bought Worms Reloaded during a sale a couple years ago and finally got around playing it recently and it was close to Worms 2

you might as well just play Worms 2 because that's the one everyone played the shit out of as a kid

I'm going to use sandpaper as boxing wraps and fist your asshole but that is your opinion and I respect that

The only games I know of that came from here are a fantastic but ancient streetrace game and a run of the mill console exclusive fps franchise.

Oh and a buggy WW1 shooter. That one is decent actually.

Poland?

No.

That leaves Netherlands. I was really hoping it was Poland because of the ancient streetrace game I was thinking of

Just spit it out already user.

Whenever people mention british devs, I get fucking furious. Core, Rare, and so many others, sacrificed to fucking American Companies.

I think I just prefer the tactile feeling it gives, I also like when you pull off a sick shot with the bazooka. It being 3D makes the hole experience better for me tbh, the extra dimension changes the game into something I can really enjoy. The themed maps were cool too, there were so many, LOTR Helm's Deep map was a good one.

Worms Armageddon is close to perfection, there is no need for more Worms games. Godspeed to Deadcode and Cybershadow, may WA 4.0 be a thing some day.

Do any of the newer games (and I specifically mean the 2D games newer than Armageddon) have better AI?

Because, let's face it, I'm never going to have friends or an internet connection good enough to play with actual people. The AI though, fuck man! Only capable of using a few weapons, has zero strategy or foresight, upping difficulty doesn't make them "smarter" it just makes them fucking pinpoint-precision-in-any-wind hackers (and they're still easy to beat if you position your worms where they can't get you with a bazooka shot).

So yeah, did it ever get any better?

The psp worms was really good though. I might emulate it.

dont get bought out? how is that an excuse?

You don't need a good internet connection to play Worms Armageddon.

Worms Armageddon was one of the best games I've ever played.
I also liked Worms 3D

I remember that some of those Rooster teeth faggots voiced the worms in this one. Its highly modulated and I dunno how they sound so I can't really confirm by looking at footage.

My internet connection literally and randomly drops to less than 20kb/s at times. For like an hour or so I can't even load single images.

Trust me. It's not gonna work.