I installed and played 6 hours of this. Why am I still not having fun?

I installed and played 6 hours of this. Why am I still not having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w
jergames.blogspot.com/2007/07/games-are-not-supposed-to-be-fun.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Books arent supposed to be "fun"

Keep playing.

there is no fun, it's a overrated game and everyone is blinded by nostalgia

You're doing it wrong.

Each human cration at its highest tier is not fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w

fuck off nintendofags.

PS:T isn't about combat, it's about letting yourself being drawn into a strange new world with strange characters. If you're not the type of person who enjoys reading, stay the fuck away from PS:T.

an overrated

This is what i feel about all RPG games.
help
i fear i hate this genre

This game is not fun

So dont play them

play the snes remake of dragon quest 3. If you don;t like it then you hate rpgs

Try getting some sunlight, vomit-loli.

I love dq3 and 9. But no others, since they don't allow me to create a team, i also like wizardry 8 and wizardry like games

But they are arcady as fuck, and don't really can be compared to Planescape, Baldur's gate, Fallout or even Final Fantasy.

you're under 30?

barely but yes.

well theres a middle ground out there somewhere. As for team building games there etrian odyssey, avernum, ultima and so on. What it really sounds like is you need to get into /tg/.

Its not about the reading. I just cant get invested in this looney toons universe. I am some kind of immortal amnesiac beef jerky trying to make odds and ends of my situation. It all filled with high fantasy bullshit and no one seems normal.
It all filled with centaurs, portals, floating skulls tieflings githzerai and other things I cant pronounce.
I have no idea who I am where or why I am going and all I have are people sending me on lame personal problem quests to kill a bunch of skellies in a morgue, kill a gang of furries who pretend they are dogs or break up a lovers quarel.

I was expecting some mephysical shenanigans and all I get is run of the mill fetch quests with some witty writing here and there

What? You aren't satisfying with THOUSANDS WORDS BEING SHOWN INTO YOUR SCREEN?! What, you require them to HAVE SOME SENSE?! Do you even LOVE RPG GAMES?!

Love your criticism, user.

Planescape's strictly for people who cry and cut themselves, not for someone who wants an actual game.

why do hate everyone so much?

Maybe you don't like reading or story? It's basically a VN. Not everyone likes those.

Planescape setting wasn't emo. Too much strangeness overload, too little teenage tier despair over nothing.

Oh and for fuck sake 6 hours in Planescape is NOTHING. I was still talking to NPCs in the first area after getting out of the morgue.

Games and gamers were different back then.

This guy gets it.

I wish this game had better character design, so i could make myself play this.

Because you don't like walls of text containing pretentious writing, ugly primitive 3d models as game art and crappy gameplay? Or maybe you don't like the lolsorandumb setting.

Inb4butthurtplanescapeautists

I believe everyone should uninstall games that don't get fun in first 30 minutes. Because that's scumming yourself for nothing, playing such games.

Did you actually read the thread or do you post a knee jerk reaction to OP and then read the rest if at all?

Within 30 minutes of starting, PS:T has already established itself as being completely different than anything that had, and has, been done in video games. It catches your interest. Having a good time isn't always about jumping from adrenaline rush to adrenaline rush. Exploring and learning and being immersed are just as fun as a good fight.

And I believe you're an ADHD raddled faggot. RPGs (real RPGs, not that modern Bethesda trash sandbox games that pretend to be RPGs) are slow building experiences, where the end game is the most fun you have in the whole game but you don't get it until the very end.

Play "action-oriented RPGs". You know, hack and slash games, dungeon crawlers, etc.

There were rgps that shit on you both and get you into fun parts within first 30 minutes.

It's a terrible game and no one used to talk about it. It was only after the "games can't be art!" thing 10 years ago that it resurfaced and suddenly it's one of the best games ever made according to people who never finished it.

Btw, you know what has a lot of text and is actually a game? Star Control 2. Play or replay that instead.

Don't pretend like you ever played those.

No but I enjoyed plenty of old school RPG's that didnt take 6 hours to get interesting.

Fallout 1-2 established the world in the first cutscene and got straight to the point.

Baldurs Gate already did you the favour of being set in DnD universe

Deus Ex doesnt waste time getting good. You are there right in the action and within a few hours you get into the

Witcher was also eases you in on the weird shit and gives you clear motivations

Post the RPG chart. Im can go into detail what RPGs got it right.

There's a reason they're a dead genre

I would rather won't believe that anyone in this thread played PST to the end. I did playthrough all those games. Well except Wizardry 7, couldn't complete it.

Fuck even Vampire the Masquerade got straight to the point in the first 10 minutes or so.
Shame I found vampire politics boring but the quests and writing were top notch. Not some lame ass fetch my socks from the laundry bullshit

Why do you post

As though you're from reddit?

Its a glorified visual novel.
In fact the ideal route involves you avoiding most of the combat. The fact that real time with a pause is fucking cancer and that the spellbook(the only interesting part in Infinity engine games) has abysmal selection of spells doesn't help.

Im posting from my phone and I wouldnt know what reddit posting looks like. You sure seem to be very familiar with it tough.

Very mature.

Your formatting is literally what I've seen on every copy past from reddit. nice deflection though.

So you have been to reddit. I on the other hand have never been there. So I wouldnt know how formatting there looks like and resent the accusation.

So you can't fucking read? You're awful defensive over a simple question.

All video games are shit. Prove me wrong.

Also:
So then you admit you're a newfag/summerfag then? You must be if you've never seen copy pasta from reddit. I mean there has been a lot posted here today alone from the whole NMS thing.

Jesus fuck what are you the Gestapo looking for the enemies of the state?
First its reddit now its summer faggotry whats next you gonna accuse of shilling, 4cuck refugee goymergater and everything inbetween ?
Fuck off with your Spanish inquisition bullshit.

STOP WITH THE REDDIT SPACING MEME HOLY FUCK

Webms related

You think if a game isn't "fun" within 30 minutes it should be uninstalled and you don't know/understand the concept of reddit copy pasta. Mix that with your formatting and I'd bet my RGB modded NES, and the Everdrive and Framemeister to go with it that you're fresh off the boat from reddit. Fuck off, no one gives a shit about a redditors garbage opinions. Come back when you're not "posting from my phone"

What did you expect from a video game with shit gameplay? Might as well read a book.

But it exposes newfags so well. Look at how buttflustered this summer is getting.

Pay attention the fucking user tags it wasnt even my post. You are literally fighting shadows and grasping at straws to find an enemy. Its a good thing you are not a betting man coz you'd be fucking broke.

Okay, so you're not the 30 minutes fag, you're OP, even worse. Either way you're still fresh off the boat and stink of it.

Are you saying exploring a new and different world isn't fun unless you run around and kill everything in sight?

Well I was pretty broke when those games came out so I mostly played quake, cs, unreal and battlefield. Now im going through the back log good games I missed.

Had a blast playing most of the god tier on the recommended chart. Mask of the Betrayer, Deus Ex Fallout 1-2 etc.

I wasnt too bothered about the gameplay its the setting and lack of direction that bothers me. Im not solving some cosmic mystery here im spending my time doing fetch quests and listening to inane rambling of whores and beggars.

Even if it does get better later I wont last that long because its boring as shit story wise so far. I didnt even find Pharod yet

I respect your opinion, but as someone who played it for the first time recently I disagree.

planescape is a visual novel, you didnt play shit

Games are not supposed to be anything. Games are a medium, like movies, books, and painting. The problem with games, and the game industry, and gamers, is that no one has ever thought about games as other than a) how fun they are, and b) how many people play them. Everyone believes that a better game is one that sells more or that more people play.

Bollocks.

Paintings

Paintings are made to communicate artistic ideas, and they may also be made to have commercial value. These two ideas are not exclusive in any way. However, nor are they related in any way.

If you say paintings "have to be decorative", you're a few centuries behind the times. An artistic painting might be neither commercial nor decorative, but still be great art. Or it might be great art and pleasant to look at, too. Or pleasant, but not great art. Or neither, of course.

The vast majority of painters in the world judge their work by how commercially successful they are. That doesn't mean that paintings are "supposed to sell well" or are "supposed to be pleasing". It just means that most painters are not creating art.

Movies

Hollywood churns out movie after movie trying to make money. From Hollywood's point of view, movies are "supposed to be entertaining". Maybe that's your point of view, too.

People who use movies as media to create art have another purpose in mind. Their movies may be made to be commercially successful, or not. They may be made to entertain or not. This is orthogonal to the idea that movies can be art.

Movies are not "supposed to be" anything. Movies are a medium. If you want to use it to be commercially successful and popular you have one goal in mind, and if you want to use it to make art, you have another goal in mind.

Games

And so we come to games.

Every yokel and their friend knows that games are "supposed to be fun". But it just ain't true.

Game production is caught in the same overbearing industry grapples as every other medium. The companies controlling their production want to make money. In order to do this, games have to be commercially successful. In order to get people to play them, they have to be fun.

Does that sound like a way to make great art? Of course not. Some designers may succeed in adding elements of great art into their games, but it is surely under difficult positions.

If you throw out the idea that games have to be commercially successful, and if you throw out the idea that games have to be appealing or fun, you end up with a medium like any other.

Games can be created that are not appealing and that no one would buy for entertainment. But interacting with them can communicate the artist's vision, just like would a painting or a movie.

Are there any artists using games as their medium? The answer is extremely disappointing. That's because until now, even artists have tried to make their games fun and successful, in order to attract people to play with them. Because, until now, everyone has been hampered by the idea that games have to be "fun".

It just ain't so.

Woah, nigger.

You need to put each sentence on its own line if you want to sit at the cool kid's table.

Do it like this.

Is this pasta from Tumblr?

No, its a pasta from 2007 blogspot blog:
jergames.blogspot.com/2007/07/games-are-not-supposed-to-be-fun.html

Ah, so proto-tumblr. A blog about a Starbucks sipping art major's shit opinions.

A story about at least at the beginning figuring out who you are in a strange world doesn't "get to the point straight away""
Firstly as others have said its a story, and a generally depressing one at that.

Secondly, it does get to the point straight away, whole lotta who the fuck am I, which for the start at least, is the main point.
If you actually want to you can progress the story right away, if you spend hours talking to various npc's instead of doing main quest, guess whose fucking fault it is.

Also for those who think there's too much strange shit, guess what there's a whole fucking DnD setting around it, just maybe it was more so focused to those either interested in such things or those who know the world.

Equally gotta love the contrasting opinions of "muh nostalgia is the only reason people like it" and "its only popular since the whole artsy game shit" Holy fuck are some people incapable of being anything but edgy as proof i'm sure this autistic rant will trigger a few

one of the few things i'll agree with most of this thread on is that very few seem to have actually finished it, although they seem to be the ones who shit on it cause they didn't understand what a story heavy game meant or are attention deficient retards.

Honestly though OP was baiting at first after but his other posts have shown he doesn't even know anything about the game

NO FUN ALLOWED

Not sure what you mean not knowing anything about the game?
Are saying I had no prior knowledge of it? then yeah I did a blind playthrough

Are you saying I havent actually played the game? I can post screenshots otherwise Im not sure what you are trying to say or what am I trying to bait here

No. No. No. Fuck you.
You are the reason we are seeing so many walking simulators and other nongames being made, because people (who couldn't cut it in any other medium) are trying to make artsy games, which results in bullshit like Gone Homo or Dear Esther or that time travel one with the blue haired lesbian. I'll break down why it doesn't work; the minute you have user interaction is the minute your narrative and atmosphere can be completely shattered-you can (and will) jump around, shoot things, and generally take the piss. The creators realise this, and don't like it, so they remove the players ability to interact with the world. There are different ways of doing this; the easiest is probably cutscenes, but they break the immersion completely, and why bother playing a game if you are just going to make segments where you can't do anything? What you've made is a shitty movie where the player does the non-dialogue sections. Alternatively, you can do something like HL2 and have cutscenes where you remain in control. Needless to say this just took the piss and didn't work, because nobody fucking cared what Alex or Eli or Barney had to say. The solution to this, then, is to completely remove all types of interaction from the base game, so that if an important story section comes up, the player can't really ruin it, nor do they feel as though the pace and immersion is being broken by restricting what you can and can't do at certain points. If you can't do anything in the base game, you won't notice not being able to do anything in a specific point. This is bullshit, and is really why story faggots are complete cancer; not that plot or narrative in a game is a bad thing, but making it the main feature of your .exe is basically pointless. There is no reason to use a game to make your artistic statement, unless you can't do it in another medium, in which case you should probably give up anyway.

Fuck me now I feel like a retard

I guess it's just not for you, I had fun right from the start just going around talking to NPCs and learning about the world. Also telling some guy to go kill himself and having him actually do it was amusing.

IT'S JUST LIKE MY HEBRAIC TRADING CARDS! OY VEY I'M RUNNING OUTTA MATZOT!

Why play video games that you don't like? Play video games that you like. Why justify playing games that you don't like? Just say straight you don't like them. Why force yourself to play games that aren't fun to you? Stop doing that. Why listening to drivel of others convincing you that the game is good when it isn't? Maybe they don't know better, and you do. Why continue to appeal to others, when you can be yourself?

Think about it. Games like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Fallout were popular rpgs made for mainstream rpg loving audience. It was part of that mainstream long ago. Maybe there are better games made during that age than overrated and shilled product.

Like the best things in life, "slow and boring" RPGs are an acquired taste

It's like when someone reads Infinite Jest and doesn't understand why people love it. They feel slighted.

Some of your arguments show a complete lack of knowledge of the game, see

As i said planescape is a DnD universe too

Other arguments ignore the style of game that it is
Different styles for different games, the world of planescape isn't meant to be easily understood, what part of masses of different planes all interacting with one another gives off the idea of easily understood.

In regards to the other aspects I mentioned, why do you ignore them ?

As you seem to have indicated here you seem to be going off on a large number of sidequests. As I have already said, one can ignore them and focus on the main story should you want.
As you say here if you're 6 hours in and have actively tried to find Pharod for at least 1 of those and not succeeded you're fucking retarded. If you speak to each whore expecting new dialogue, guess what, you're retarded.
I would tell you to actually do some of the main quests where as expected it's more interesting but as you've shown your fucking shit at this game

most of those "knee jerk reactions" provided more that you, hence likely bait

By the way, Chris Avellone, lead writer of Planescape Torment, right now works on Prey.

That's saying something.

Advice for someone who likes this game but hasn't played it very far because I find the amount of content overwhelming?

Do I need to keep a book of notes and stuff like I did back when I played Myst and Riven?

Sure.

Sounds like you would LOVE No man's Sky.

Giscorl washed cloth, starched cloth every 5th day for years for Mebbeth.
There is a whole lesson about the point of rituals and why knowing why they're being done is important and shit.

All I get from your posts is that you don't care about the characters or protag, don't like or understand the setting because its just 'high fantasy bullshit'

You want to be spoonfed a plot to follow because you can't find any interest in these things, this game is clearly not for you.

Its a lot, but you don't need notes or anything. Simply take on quest at a time.
There aren't too many major characters, just plenty of minor ones.

Pacing is horrible,gameplay is not fun .Overhall experience is good though.

You go clueless 3/4 of the game of what is going on ,text heavy dialogy about lore you dont care about (i wanted to know more about the nameless one and not about bullshit about the Dabus) and next forced combat section full of enemies with clunky combat.

I like story games ,but this game has really bad gameplay .Its more a JRPG than a WRPG

Also overhype killed it .It is not that good.

Since its my first time playing the game I dont know what parts of it are important and which arent. So thats why im talking to everyone and doing everything because I dont want to miss anything. I usually exhaust every quest and kill every monster in a given area before moving on to the next one if for no other reason other than to get the most xp possible.

I could of course read a guide before playing the game but that would defeat the purpose of actually playing the game

OP didn't like the game: gotta tweet about it edition "I wanna be a special snowflake too!".
Surprise, surprise, being a classic doesn't mean your personal taste is irrelevant.

I guess that's really the only way to do it. I love the amount of detail but it was getting kind of daunting when I was finding all these prompts for quests and I was still in the process of getting the intro stuff dealt with. Like using the scalpel to get the note out of the one zombies mouth, I didn't know if it would be relevant later or if I should drop everything and focus on that quest.

pick one
If you want to impose a specific way of playing on yourself and don't have fun as a result that isn't the games fault
If it's not a game for you, fair enough, but the onus lies on you not the game.

There's an easy way to alleviate the problem though, do only what is interesting or noticeably important, unless you actively want to do more or learn about the world. Remember as well, to treat this like a book or a VN. Most will get tiring after a number of hours, that's what a flood of information to your brain will do.

People who defend Placescape Torment despite it having no gameplay and being entirely story and choices are probably the same people who shit on The Witcher 3 for being almost entirely story and choices instead of gameplay.

Fine then let me ask you this. Will there be a fucking giant boss fight in the end the game that was endemic to games in those times? If no then im just gonna do the main quest

Because if there is one thing I learned from Fallout if you are not properly kitted out for the big bad you will most likely have to restart the game so I dont want to go through that again.

Dont worry until the game tells literally to you are going to have a long journey and you cant come back in a while.

Then try to complete the quests and explore everything ,there are some places with no return that begins at this time.

Talk to your mates often ,morte ,the swordman and the thieft have the best dialogue.

Talk to everybody.Choose faction with caution

Main story feels better than secondary quests though,so dont worry and enjoy.

not but

very light to no spoilers

all you need is a charm of infinite recall
and know how to use it

As long as you interact with party members you shouldn't have too much difficulty for the last few fights, also see

as says the game gives you ample warnings and such, also there's plenty of exp to be gained via talking instead of fighting many enemies
I hope you went full int, wisdom and charisma instead of strength or vitality at least, makes the game much easier, although you mightn't initially think so, but its easier to get exp from talking or solving something, e.g. the stupid amount you can get from diffusing the golems at the very start, than from fighting

Personally you might wanna see a guide or something at least for the different endings since that'll affect bosses and party members

Yeah I read a little bit on the optimal build but thats about it. I learned from fallout that a roleplaying a build doesnt work and you are just needlessly gimping yourself unless you going for low int runs. Those are hillarious

Except you are wrong. I bet you enjoy Dark Souls homo.

We are not even at 100 yet

Ultima Underworld is mostly super tedious fetch quests and severely broken mechanics. I reached the "end" of the game and realized it would take several hours of running through empty dungeons to collect all the bullshit to open the final door so just watched the end on youtube. I doubt anyone here finished it without a guide.
Similarly, I'm currently reluctant to finish M&M VI because darkmoor is extreme levels of garbage. There's no way to do that area without lloyd-scumming and even cheating like that it's miserable as there's hundreds of enemies. I have to force myself to make progress through that mess. Again, I'd be surprised to find many people got through that.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing and your list certainly has it.

No surprise there, 3deep5u reading games are the walking simulators of old.

Well congratulations because FUN is subjective.

I played PST and I had fun.

The second you turn 30, Planescape Torment will be fun. Trust me, I've been 30 for 48 hours now.

Well that's what Holla Forums is. A collection of opinions. Luckily only ONE opinion matters: your own.

Life can be very simple sometimes.

So how's that wizard magic?

This is pretty much it right here: Some things are an acquired taste. I have no idea why more people don't realize that.

If a game doesn't hook me immediately, I'll look for reasons to keep going and scan for things I find interesting. I try to give a game a good, honest few hours of full attention before I decide it's not for me. Some of the best games around leave the worst first impressions [Dragon's Dogma, Super Metroid, Dark Souls, Fallout NV]

Holla Forums is the only place where I have seen people who don't suck PS:T's cock. It's like The Emperor's New Clothes, everyone is too afraid to point out that the game is shit and praises it because they don't want to look like a fool.

And that's just fine.

This isn't highschool. Enjoy what you want.

There is nothing wrong with hating a genre, just don't demand the genre change into something you want.

While we have our fair share of idiots most anons can admit even their favorite game has issues.

I've never played it because it doesn't really interest me. If I wanted to focus more on story than the game, then I would play actual tabletop.

Which I do.

Character choices and so only actually matter when save games don't exist and you are granted limitless options rather than ones from a select bank, which is why RPGs can never translate well to the computer.

You just gave me an idea, an online team based RPG with a dungeon master kind of like Zeus in ARMA 3,

That's because I actually played Plansecape: Torment, know that people who praise games relentlessly everywhere are most likely circlejerking something they haven't played it happens a god damned lot. It's gameplay is something to be desired compared to something like Diablo (which was originally going to be turn based roguelike combat mechanics then one of the devs decided to see what happens if they removed the turn limits and loved it) generally speaking the whole thing Planescape: Torment brings to the table is it's story and writing with the themes it tackles. So if you don't like reading a shit ton and just imagining things as written vs what's on screen with some pseudo turn based combat then you're not going to have a good time.

Cuz reading is for fags brah

this is truth. when New Vegas came out and I played it for a couple hours, my first thought was it's a shitty Fallout 3 spin off, and, seeing as I was sick of Fallout 3 at the time, dropped it. i came back to it a couple years later because i had a craving for a western themed game, and it became my favorite game ever.

Pick one.

Because you have to go past the main menu, faggot

*75% people who have never played it.. Retarded typo.

Why do reboots always have to have the same fucking name as the original? Is there a punishment for not doing so?

I've only got like 2 hours in it so far. I'm on a break from it though.

It's to co-opt the original game's name, both in the search engine and to displace the game itself.

Witcher 3 is the modern Planescape Torment though.

dont know if you are joking, but the bloody baron quest has incredibly good writing

the worst is that no matter how hard user tries to make this seem satirical it's still faithful to reality

did you get the widescreen patch?
If you are trying to play in box resolution, that could explain a lot.

That was my point. Everyone is shitting on Witcher 3 because "muh gameplay first" even though it's a story heavy RPG with lots of choices to make, yet defend old similar RPGs that are entirely about story and also have poor gameplay.

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

Planescape, Balder's Gate, Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights, etc., etc. are not remotely similar in gameplay to the Witcher series outside "being story heavy". Even how the story is presented to you is not the same (reading vs visually) christ it's like doing a direct gameplay comparison to Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 1+2.

I don't mind reading, but if the story is all the "game" has going for it, then just give me a novel, don't waste my time with the stupid gameplay. It's just how walking simulators are pointless and should just be movies instead of having you hold down W for an hour.

A novel won't hook you like a game. The idea of freedom and player choice can't be conveyed in books except in the pick-your-adventure ones.

wew

Because you're trying to play an overrated book.

Like most highly praised western "games" they aren't good games. my advice: play something good instead.

a good game with more meaningful player choice than planescape torment is demon's souls, I'd suggest that

Sigh did noone here actually PLAY Planescape? It has plenty of meaningful choices Jesus.

You don't belong here >>>/reddit/

here you can see all the meaningful choices here

wow look at this DEEP and MEANINGFUL game play watch as the game plays exactly the same woooooowowoo don't you feel elite now? like a true RPG gamer? A true PC gamer? Yes, truly you are better than everyone else playing this shit…

Thank you for confirmed you never actually played this game lad.

ah yes I will insinuate he is too young to understand :^) truly my strategy of wits will show me to be the most elite of all the pc gaming rpg master minds…

no it's just shit, play some shmups learn what a good game is

What the FUCK happened in here?

Most of what I remember about UW1 is just exploring, mapping the place and just losing myself in those cozzy warm volcano caves.
Gameplay was somehow similar to modern TES games. There's a reason why Arena looks so similar to this.

You didn't reached the end, you just walked to the place where you win the game ==IF== you carry the required stuff. No, you didn't carried that stuff, you probably didn't even knew what you were doing. There are games that block your access and keep putting doors and requiring you to use new magical items to advance: here you can get to the bottom layer with some skill from the very start if you're crazy enough. You didn't do a thing, you don't deserve winning the game. It's like being in WW2 as an allied soldier, you just somehow rush all the way into Nazi Germany into Hitler's bunker by yourself, and somehow consider that the war is over.

I won this back in the early '90s when Youtube didn't exist.
And yes, I required a guide because some stuff was hidden beneath a wall with vines and I never had to deal with those before (bad design, like the torch-lever from Daggerfall). Old games had a lot of stuff like that and since we had no Youtube nor GameFAQs we just used Usenet or actual paper magazines.

TL;DR: Fuck you.

It's not going to get any better so you should stop now.

Although Torment has cult status, it's not something I'd ever play again. I had tons of free times and neither Icewind Dale nor Baldur's Gate 2 weren't out yet, so tough luck.

Wouldn't mind seeing a TV-series or even a web-animation of this, though.

Pretty low level shitposting.

undertale is the better planescape torment if were to be honest family

I really fucking hate Planescape Torment after reading this thread, and i'l never ever try to complete it now. This autistic discussion from both sides protecting this piece of shit like a godly grace, and shitting on it like its a worst thing ever made disgust me.

Its like people who completed it act like fucking hipsters, and proud of it, while haters seem to just endlessly shitpost and bait for no reason, but to have fun at those hipsters.

RPGs in general a terrible genre of video games, that is easy to create thousands of varying shit tastes, seriously. There are thousand non spoken subgenres of this shit, and sometimes games focus on wrong things. Not like you could say to a person "you should play this game because its a best game ever made", just because you like the direction its focused on. Games should had never focused on stories as this ruins the video games as a thing. I don't know what the difference between a game that looks like a movie or like a book, both are artistic shit.

I played Planescape Torment and I liked it because I'm a planescape fag. But that's pretty much it. To play it now you need to have a lot of endurance to handle the dated systems and graphics, and you have to know what you're getting into. If you don't know what planescape is and you're getting into the game just for the gameplay you're going to have a bad time.

I like it because of the story and because even if people hate the morality system of DnD, even if all it does in the game is give you the illusion of choice with some minor changes in outcome (but also slight changes in ending) it is at least slightly better than what you have nowadays where there's a "Good" and "Evil" route when it come to "RPGs". Mass Effect comes to mind. Torment at least lets you 'act' like you're helping someone then backstab them instead of either having the choice to help and get good aligned points or tell them to fuck off and get evil. Around 2010 this was especially prevalent with games like Infamous for example. It railroaded you into a specific character archetype because you picked 1 more times than you did 2. At least DnD has 3 and 4 to take into account as well (Law-Chaos Good-Evil).

That said I think it's overhyped. I do think it has a pretty good story but that's because I like Planescape, which is a very weird high-fantasy setting. To anyone who hasn't played it, or doesn't know DnD, Planescape is effectively something that can connect all of the DnD settings because it effectively takes place in the realms of belief AKA the Afterlife. Except you can also get there without dying through dimensional travel. This is obviously using Layman's terms since I can't drop both Manual of the Planes or the Planeswalker Handbook from 2.0 into a thread.

That said Morte best character and fuck everyone who doesn't like having a floating skull as your best bro.

And it gets tougher with time, not easier like the rest of examples.

First off, note that virtually all of the ways to actually lose the game occur while talking to someone. By that metric, communication in this game is actually harder than the combat (game is still easy of course). PST is one of the few games that realizes that dialog is not a break from the game, but can and should be an integral part of playing.

Fighting enemies sucks but it's less than half of the game, and definitely the less important part. Unfortunately it tends to be all crammed into fightan levels, which get tedious. I would say that's the biggest issue with the game. Currently I'm starting Age of Decadence and it seems to grasp text as well, while also having a neat combat system to boot.

Who is supposed to care about your hate? Either you try it and like, or you try it and dislike. Not much of middle ground is there.

a e s t h e t i c game with the best companions ever

they rejected all of his material for Pillars of Eternity

I would wager that it's because you don't like the game.

Can't handle story in games user? Fuck off back to CAW'DOODY then. Fucking stay there this time.

Actually after playing it a couple of times i consider the pace… too fast. There aren't that much of sidequests, you can do any companion "content" too fast (Just see how fast you can go with Dakhon's dialogue tree and the circle of Zerthimon).