Why is teleportation abilities usually used by edgy characters?

Why is teleportation abilities usually used by edgy characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/technicality
thefreedictionary.com/technicalities
g.e-hentai.org/g/605510/455e014dff/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I'm sorry? Blink is literally the least edgy spell

Nuffin personell kid

Are you absolutely sure about that?

It's literally just a maneuverability spell. Nothing more.

I'm sorry?

That's not teleportation, that's wormhole generation.

I thought it was hypnosis abilities. A lot of teleporters are cute grills.

What kind of gigantic faggot do you even have to be.

because only a cowardly cunt would teleport behind a man instead of fighting him head on.

What do you mean?

THAN WHY IS IT USED BY CHARACTERS THAT USE PUMP ACTION SMGS?

maybe it's a metaphor for intrusive allusive negativity

Zero Shifting is cooler.

But she still teleports through them :^)

Oh come on that's just a retarded headcanon.

Because that's not blink? Wizards are the most neutral, non-violent class in any RPG except for the shitty ones. Wizards don't actually use their mana to shoot fireballs, most of it is used to run faster, jump higher, teleport from place to place, etc. Most wizards don't even need to use attack spells, they can just evade combat all together by turning invisible. It's much better to stay out of combat then it is to go into it head on.

I feel bad for the kenshin author. He's mentor to the most successful manga author of all time but Busou Renkin never lived up to the level of his previous work. Meanwhile the YYH author can hiatus for years at a time on HiatusxHiatus and still manage something that even manages to surpass his previous work while fucking sailor moon.

Oh boy here we go

Virgil isn't edgy, he's motivated.

It's the fucking truth though. The real edgy magic is used to destroy, to kill, to maim and slaughter. Edgy wizards will shoot a thousand fire balls at someone and giggle when they explode in a fiery orgy of burning body parts. The best wizards don't do that, they use their magic to protect themselves and their friends from edgy fucks like that.

This, there's nothing edgy about wanting to be powerful enough to protect your family.

This isn't about outright magicians by lore shit. isn't a Magician but he's teleporting around. REALLY isn't a Mage yet teleports behind you.
Non-wizards can teleport and they're edgy as fuck. Where is this teleport shit coming form?

A meme.

You're talking as if magic as some set of rules and isn't just fiction that's dependent on the writer

What enemy actually uses hypnosis as a gameplay mechanic against the player. The only one I can think of is the final boss of MDK2, which can temporarily hypnotist your allies to attack you. Well now that I think about it a lot of RPGs have spells that turn party members against each other, but I am curios of examples besides those.

FUCK

user, look, bad news.
You've just been saging the thread while not contributing anything to the discussion.
Why the fuck should I listen to you.

Did I hit a nerve? Are you infuriated by the fact that magic is inherently lawful, just and pure? I bet you fap to corruption, you fucking edgelord.

I don't exactly know where it's coming from. Maybe from boss-fights in early games where the complexity of the boss was limited to teleporting around the room and throwing shit at you?

Can humans use magic in the setting? Then it's going to be used for the good of man, which is non-violent. Unless this race of man is utterly corrupt, which is a shitty trope, there will always be wizards that will protect the innocent and the weak.

What do you mean?

Opinions on the series are so divided. Even the discussion forums, search engines looking up the series and blogs, and jewikipedia article reflects that. I just couldn't see it beyond the generic series with quirky characters but maybe it's because I set my expectations too high seeing how it was made by the kenshin author but that only confused me farther. Like how did he go from that to this?

user pls.

Sounds pretty edgy tbh fam.

Nobody in this thread is baiting.

well there's the /tg/ guy.

but yeah OP is wrong about Vergil, he's not wearing red and black.

I hope you're not saying being a honorabu samurai warrior makes you an edgelord.

What a dumb thing to say.

Goku.

Jotaro.

DIO.

None of these for example are edgy.

Will that alien assassin/bounty hunter from one certain game count?
You know, flashes teleports around including not behind but also above.
Or he isn't that edgy and just want units (alien money) by all means?
And yeah, i'm bad at giving details.

They're "teleporting" by stopping time to move mate, does it really count?

He did get a edgy alternative universe version of himself shown, half score to him.

Jotaro and DIO don't have teleport powers.

Didn't Dio make a woman eat her baby and then kill her once

Why does he have no bulge?

That's exactly what teleportation is dudes, moving instantly from one place to another. If you stop time and walk to another place, then resume time, you have teleported, because you instantly moved there in real time.

Not really. He told her if he turns both to vampires "there would be no bad blood between you and your baby" but the woman insists that only she is turned into a vampire. After, she eats the baby because she is a vampire and the baby is a human.

Dio warned her but she didn't listen.

The ability to stop time in and of itself confers teleportation powers.

At the very least, to outside observers there is no functional difference between someone who moves during frozen time and someone who teleports.

Sounds like typical honoraburu samurai.
That's antithesis of edgy.
If we go as far as DMC3, Dante is far edgier than Vergil.

Well since you're here, tell us about some edgy time stoppers.

Dante isn't edgy though, he's super smoking stylish.

Suffering.

Teleportation abilities are overpowered and edgy characters are often Mary Sues. Mary Sues are overpowered.

I can't think of any right now. Which was my point exactly, OP is wrong when he says "most teleporters are edgy" and then manages to only give one example. Yet I and many others said many examples of characters with teleportation powers who are not edgy.

Just remembered another one, Cell. He learns instant transmission by watching Goku do it once.

DMC3 Dante is your book example of edgy kid growing into an adult.
It's just after they pumped the edge with Nero, and then even further beyond with Donte, DMC3 Dante started to look like a cool dude.

I thought Nero was going to be edgier but he turned out pretty motivated

Which is why you didn't have to resort to using technicalities to counter OP.
Oh wait you did :^)

He's a complete faggot and I wish he dies everytime he says something only a Jap would find cool.

It has to do with the suprise effect of the first time you meet him/her, it can be the base of a thought of superiority not only physical (i am faster than you) but also intellectual (you didn't see that coming).

Those are not technicalities, you're just clearly a bit unintelligent. Time stop powers are literally teleportation, even though teleportation powers are not necessarily timestop powers.

Moving within stopped time has the exact same effect as teleportation, there is no difference.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/technicality
thefreedictionary.com/technicalities

user. Listen.
Yes, you can use time travel to teleport.
No, that doesn't mean that's what OP meant because that's taking things to the letter
No, that doesn't mean timestop powers are "literally" teleportation.
With time stop, you're still restricted to where you can move to physically. With actual teleport powers, you can teleport to areas outside your reach such as towards the top of a tower. With time stop, you can't do that because you're still limited to your own strength.
Time Stop has some other 100 uses, of which limited teleportation is one that you mentioned.
This doesn't mean that timestopping is "literally" teleportation.

No it isn't.
Yes there is.

Teleportation isn't moving from one place to another instantly, it's moving from one place to another with out passing through the intervening space. And strictly speaking teleportation doesn't have to be instantaneous although it is usually depicted as so, although I believe instantaneous translocation was the understanding of Fort's original definition of teleportation.

If DMC5 rolls around we'll probably see Nero properly straddling some awkward line between Dante and Vergil's general attitudes without Kyrie as an influence

I don't get your post, OP

They stop time within a radius, not in the entire world. If you are looking at Dio with binoculars from a kilometer away you can see him move around while everyone around him stands still. That's it.
Time stop powers are not teleportation, even though it looks that way to people around.

*teleports behind you*

Not true, The World's time stop is a universal range ability. Same goes for most of the space/time manipulating abilities of stands.

The difference between DIO and Little Delusional Brother Person is that DIO's time stop is simply that and it's universal, while your guy in your picture has a radius ability that is not a time stop, but rather a power that stills the consciousness of others and causes their bodies to stay perfectly still, while all other forces are still in play.

DIO can stop time and walk out of the way of a moving truck, but if Lil Bro did that, he'd be run over by the truck because the only thing that actually stopped is the truck driver's movements, which means he's still pushing the gas pedal or not pressing the brakes.

I never said time stop IS teleportation, I said that by its very nature it GRANTS teleportation. Which is completely true. Although it is a very limited form of transportation, as others have pointed out in the thread.

I'm not sure that the distance limit on time stop really matters, here. A person with time stop can "teleport" within his sphere of influence. In that regard, it's little different to a teleporter who has some distanc limit on his teleportation. And as far as observers outside that sphere of influence are concerned…I'm also not sure that matters. Nightcrawler "teleports" by traveling through an alternate dimension, the Brimstone Dimension. To denizens of that realm, he's not teleporting at all, but to people on Earth, the effect when he returns to our dimension is that of teleportation. Does that mean his power isn't actually teleportation? If we start mincing definitions like that, then you could just as well say that the number of characters in the DC universe with super strength is 1, when using Superman as the observer.

*stabs him*

No it fucking doesn't!
Teleportation is moving form point A to point B without passing through the intervening space. If you have a room with no openings Nightcrawler can bamf into the room but DIO would have to tear a hole in the wall. Polnareff even said that DIO powers weren't teleportation or super speed but something different. Why is this so hard to understand?

Is Nightcrawler edgy?

How is Nightcrawler's power in any way similar to time stop? You might want to stop before you hurt you're self, user.

Nightcrawler looks edgy, but he is actually a good christian boy.

By your definition Nightcrawler isn't teleporting. He IS traveling through the intervening space in another dimension. And if you want to get pissy on definitions, then see Webster, who defines teleportation purely as movement via psychokinesis, thefreedictionary which stipulates the original must move in the form of minute particles or as energy (either of which would necessarily require moving through intervening space), dictionary.com which ALSO stipulates the movement must be by telekinesis, and so on.

Prove that any teleporter fits all of these fucking requirements.

Does Dr Manhattan teleport?

But he isn't moving through the intervening space in the normal material universe. This is the key. Besides your straying from the main point which is that Time Stopping doesn't grant teleportation. By your definition the Flash can teleportbecause he can move so fast that it's functionally the same as teleportation to outside observers.

Dr. Manhattan does what ever the fuck Dr. Manhattan wants to do.

Who's talking about time travel? It's time stop. They aren't moving backwards or forwards in time. They are stopping time, then moving while time is stopped, and resuming time. Far as the entire universe is conserned, it's teleportation because they are committing actions and movement instantly, in a timespan of 0 seconds.

That is literally teleportation.

Where is that dictated? That is not necessarily true. Teleportation is any teleportation, not just the kind with unlimited range like Gokus.

That is completely fucking incorrect. DIO and Jotaro stop time in the entire universe when they use their power.

All Stands that manipulate time affect the entire universe when the power is active.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say the stand and stand user are moving so fast that it's like time is standing still?

Dr Manhattan moves the universe around him instead of moving to the place he wants, but the effect is the same. Can this be considered teleportation?

No. If that's the case, other people would in fact still be moving, even if only slightly. But they're entirely frozen during The World. It's an ability that affects the outside world, not one that affects himself.

To anyone that isn't able to physically keep up with his speed, he IS teleporting. If someone is capable of tracking his movement, to them he ISN'T teleporting. There's nothing inconsistent here with my definition.

And when you get down to it, that's all this is. Tekeportation is made-up sci-fi bullshit and has no actual definition. We're no better than the faggots who spend 3 threads trying to determin whether something is a wyvern, drake, wyrm, or whatever the fuck else.

I think user was trying to say that being able to teleport according to his definition would allow one to teleport to the other side of objects/into a position that one phsycally can't reach while someone with time stop would have to move around the barrier/break it or grab something that would allow them to reach unavailable places like a ladder etc. wile toki is tomare. rather than it being a issue of range.
DIO just fucking standjumps into the air to get places,but when has he cared for the rules anyways
He repeatedly lifted Polnareff up and put him down a flight of stairs for psychological effect,which is great to realise in hindsight but kinda irrelevant to the conversation,actually,could one say that Polnareff teleported?

you must've confused cuhraze for edgy, OP

Because teleporting requires being an atheist.

Real answer: teleportation is an easy way to cut out of a fight, allowing you to talk shit and be a dick without actually having to back up your talk with a fight until the developers are ready to let you.

What do you mean?

it's like he did diavolo's power first

Your fetish is not fun to play against

Sexy as it might be.

Mewtwo isn't edgy, xze's cute

Hypnosis always creeped me the fuck out, I don't see what some people get out of it.

if done right it can treat fears and disorders

corruption/hypno fag here
I guess the kinky part is that you transform some sweet innocent girl into a sex crazed half demon slave(corruption) or you hypnotize her into calling you master and doing your biding. It's in essence a dom/sub thing in which the dominator is the master and the submissive one is the slave. For me the best part is when the character tries to resist the process but as time passes she slowly succumbs to the corrupter, finally becoming his/her slave. This fetish works better when there is actually a story and I even read and fapped to some mind control erotic novels on the web.

Interesting enough is that I can't get off if I deeply care for the character. For instance in the SF series Farscape in season 5 the new BBEG is a seductive woman that uses pheromones to control men into becoming her slaves. She manages to capture the main protagonist, Cryton and begins to seduce him. Cryton starts to fall for her, but at the last moment snaps out of it and escapes. During the whole procedure I was yelling at Cryton to snap out of it, shoot that filthy bitch and return to his one true and pure love, Aerin Sun.

Oh just go to tumblr already

That's the part that fucking gets me.
I don't exactly have a large libido, so the idea of just getting mindfucked disturbs me on an extremely deep level.

I hate just about everything in that explanation.

Sorry, meant "zzyzzxe"

You don't have to be the one who gets mindfucked, but the one who mindfucks other people. You could, for instance, hypnotize that girl from school who always made fun of you into a loving housewife or a fucktoy, it's your decision. You could even send her to bring you more innocent bullies so that you could hypnotize them as well. You would basically have the harem ending.

But I realize that it's not really for everybody, even I am kinda disturbed about my fetishes and would like to be a normalfag that just faps to D-cupped laddies having lesbian sex. I will just have to get a gf, I guess.

I can tell you this, such things don't exist, so you can sleep well knowing that this will never happen to you. The hypnotism you see on TV or hear about, can only really work if the patient really wants to be hypnotized, otherwise it won't work. And even then you can't just make her into a slave or implant deep subliminal messages to kill the president.

Wot

You seriously don't understand what I'm saying, do you?
I dislike the idea of this happening to anybody.

As I said, I get why it's not for everybody, I am not going to make power point presentations and games to make you understand my fetish. I just wanted to explain to you why some people like it. Out of curiosity, what are your fetishes?

I don't exactly have any.
Like I said I don't have a large libido.
Hugging and kissing during intercourse, I guess?

Well good for you, normalfag.

Normalfags are all massive degenerates who just want to fuck and leave, they don't care about actual romance.

Normalfags are people who have normal fetishes like hand holding, big breasts, big butt, feet and so on. They will find repulsive anything more degenerate than doggy style.

The only fetish more disgusting is scat

normalfags are defined by having regular social interaction.

Holla Forums-tier garbage
I'm still not a normalfag, though. I have no friends and I'm still a virgin.

L-Lewd

Fuck, man, this shit gets me off very well, but I always feel horrified afterwards. Fucking with mind is scary - it's literally the worst thing that could happen to a person, even worse than death. The person being mindfucked esentially dies and is replaced by a different person that keeps his memories and appearance, and then goes on to shit up the memory of the person he replaced. It's terrifying. Whenever I happen unto a good piece of this, I fap furiously, and then feel like shit for days, until I finally forget about it.

What do you mean?

maybe it's to do with how plots are constructed.
The hero has to go on a physical journey, the villain can do whatever they want

No. They actually are stopping time. This is proven by how when DIO throws knives in stopped time, the knives actually get frozen in place in mid air once they've left his hands.

now there is one thing we must set straight
is suddenly appearing somewhere else the exact same thing as infinite speed?

simply because teleportation has no use besides edge.
In a world where superpowers are possible, teleportation is useless since every single other superpower unless purposefully shit beats it and the only uses are *pulls katana or bragging rights by pretending you're fast

Edgy characters need teleportation to dehumanize them. They need op powers to appear more than a mere human or else they are just ridiculous and edgy.
Walking (unless done in ritualisitc way) destroys the unwordly image.
Embed related

What kind of a faggy wizard doesn't want to cast fireballs and fuck someone's shit up? Faggy wizards, that's who.

Real men wizards cast fireballs all day.

Whether you have to be religious or not to channel dark ki energy is debatable.

it's so they can *teleprot behind u*

Tameem plz go and stay go

You're pulling some major mental gymnastics here, stop talking to Tumblrites.

Sauce? I'm not getting anything from my searches.

While I agree with you that that user sounds like a giant faggot that doesn't change the fact that fireballs are literally the shittest possible spell there is, you are wasting valuable MP on an attack which the enemy can clearly see coming towards them. The whole point of Wizards is that they use their intellect to fight instead of braun (hence the high INT requirement). Anyone worth their salt would find a more tactical way to fight then throwing fire like a shitty projectile.
Fireballs don't fuck anything up unless its low level shit, in which case you might as well just beat it with your wand and save your MP.

Feet is just wonky mind wiring, since the feet zone is really close to the genital zone in the brain.

its either edgelords or peppylords

Maybe

That doesn't count as teleporting.
He just exists (and does not exist) everywhere at the same time and picks the place he wants to be at any given time.
He's not actually moving, he's getting into a version of him that is present in another location, as he occupies all the locations, at the same time, but also isn't in any of them.

Shit, so I can't fap to that anymore, thanks for ruining this for me, anons.

Collapse of the wave function doesn't work like that though, once it collapses into one specific location then it can't be said to exist in other locations anymore (not to mention the fact that it doesn't work at the macro scale).

You are not getting anything because I literally cropped that yesterday.

g.e-hentai.org/g/605510/455e014dff/

Its nothing personnel kid

"Syzygy"?

What is that?
I want to ejaculate inside of it.

A robot from Unreal

it is Syzygy. And you are deprived for not knowing whence from.

Please don't.

That's no so much lewd as it is romantic.

Right?

I think such characters like teleportation because they want you to think that they're moving so fast that time looks to them.

They also want to feel smug and gloat at you when you take a swipe at them and they dodge it by teleporting. "You're too slow, keed!"

that time looks *frozen* to them.

Damnit, I always drop words out of my sentences without even it.