/dgg/ - DeGoogle General

Ignore the race-baiting cucks in Charlottesville. This actually matters and will advance conservatism and freedom of expression.

If you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
Brave, Vivaldi, Pale Moon
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
XMPP, Signal.
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
RSS client, Librenews

List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah stopped reading after that. you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

What's wrong with DuckDuckGo?

A duck in a bowtie, run by a Jew. Do your homework.

There's an amazing website that could help a great deal in the quest for that perfect setup: "alternativeto.net" (however, it would be a good idea to pair with Holla Forums on this: one board could look up the people involved, while the other could looking into the technical aspect and reliability)

For ProtonMail, two links (draw your own conclusions):
cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
For YouTube, there's vid.me but some already claimed they were also a bit frisky with politics.
StartPage is not a good idea, it really depends on what you're looking for. They are forwarding their queries to Google, which means Google cannot track you (good), but they will still be filtering the results and pushing their agenda (bad). When it comes to search engines, it could be a better idea to look in different places depending on what you are looking for (multiple website with their own huge dedicated database is more interesting that a one-size-fits-all search engine).

Nothing really.

The cost of them being sued into oblivion for breaking their privacy policy would be far higher than any reward for recording search information.

Owner is more of an information stealing/selling kike than chinkmoot over on c*ckchan.

the only decent search left is ixquick + startpage, start by using ixquick first (no GOOGLE REQUEST) then sp if you don't find anything.
As a bonus, there's no "tailored" search algorithm fucking your results up.

DuckDuckGo is proof OP doesn't know what he's doing.

Safari is a good browser though, but you're just a new who saw Apple and thought HURRR IT MUST SUCK. I'd much rather be using webkit than chromium.

Damn, the DuckDuckGo image is already posted on this board (I'm not posting it again). Short version: the founder is Gabriel (((Weinberg))) and previously worked on some social networked called "The Names Database" which does exactly as advertised on the tin: if you want to join, you have to provide the e-mail address of five other persons. Want to browse the database? You have to provide 20 extra e-mail addresses from family and friends. Oh, and there's paid subscription too! DDG info page previously claimed they take "the approach to not collect any personal information", while adding "your search history is safe with us". Someone tested basic stuff like "what is my user agent", "whats is my IP" and "where am I". DDG managed to return an accurate response. Of course the server has to know these info about your machine to establish connection, but it's weird to include these options within your own search engine if you don't plan to store them, and it would sound even more suspicious if those results where coming from the search engine that DDG is feeding. It's shady all around, and the past of (((Weinberg))) is not helping.

firefox nightly's new update in the past week purges all third party plugins including adblockers and security plugins like https everywhere
this is coming to all official versions of firefox

move it to proprietary botnet tier

i've jumped ship to pale moon

Too bad there is no pale moon for Mac OS.

Back to cuckchan.
Do you think Holla Forums is full of retards or something? Even normalfags know there are other options.

Underrated alternative search engines are Privatelee and Qrobe, owned by a literally who CMS company with at least two publicly known employees.

Why?

At the moment on version 54 with multiprocess force enabled and dom.ipc.processCount and dom.ipc.processCount.extension set to my number of cores even though my addons are not compatible with multiprocess everything works great. This is before they arbitrarily decide that is not okay.

Not kidding, it works fan fucking tastic.

Not OP but the answer is "Yes".

Nice choice. Been using it for about a year now and you can find many helpful apps from there. From there, I replaced the original (((Google Keyboard))) (that was also bloating my ROM with all kinds of shit) with another keyboard that is 10 times smaller and works excellently.

You just post the image with a bypass, newfriend.

Pale Moon becomes more than a Firefox fork. And now find any possible Soros connections to the GNU Project and its products.

I wonder who's behind this post :^)

IceCat is Jewish, made by (((Stallman))
DuckDuckGo is Jewish too.
Brave was made by the creator of JavaScript, but the creator is somewhat redpilled, I use Waterfox
Email I recommend using neomailbox

I barfed. I could resave the picture, but there's a reason why board owners may want to enable the "no copy allowed" mechanism and I don't want to bypass their choice. Ideally, the software should just link to the other image instead of preventing an identical copy.