Hey Holla Forums I know I'm late but I need to talk about mgsv for a minute...

Hey Holla Forums I know I'm late but I need to talk about mgsv for a minute. I just got it for $20 (paid with store credit). I'm pissed.

So much more Holla Forums so much more

I killed quiet because everyone kept on about building up mother base. Why would I want an unstable murderer in the field when I'm trying to kidnap?

Same. Ugly fucking bitch.

We get it

time paradox

i was worried about this the moment they started talking about how big the map was going to be

it didn't really need to be that huge, i would of much preferred several camp-omega sized compounds with multiple starter points than miles of nothing with shitty outposts inbetween

By killing Quiet in the first mission the story sucks even more than it does.

Its a massive let down, the fact that it was in development hell didnt help. All it did was serve as a good example on why most open world games suck, because they focus on big map size instead of filling them with things to do or make them fun to explore and get around in, and because of that the gameplay has less focus.

this meme is so fucking stupid

ground zeroes was the only good gameplay he's ever made in his entire career

I played it for feels, and I didn't get what I wanted

How does it have good gameplay? Its literally a dumbed down bland modern shooter with shit stealth.

reading isn't your strong suit is it

You implied it has the best gameplay in the series judging by your post. How?

most options for infiltration
best cqc
best weapon variety
buddy system

hol up.

it has the best base mechanics, for movement and shooting, this is true, but the levels don't harness it's potential. why are there big pipes you can climb on mother base that don't exist anywhere else? where are there only like 2 places you can use your mechanical fist to climb up on?

most of the outposts are just a tent out in the middle of a barren field so to sneak into them you have to abuse sniper rifles or decoys. the best compound in the game up in the north end of afghanistan only gets used once and has a giant clear cut "correct" path down the left side of it (also if you just drive a tank through it you still get S rank)

the mechanics are good but the level design doesn't hold a candle to what made the other mgs games work so well. bigger isn't always better

you were saying

or just, you know, sneak
also okb zero is used for two story missions that i can recall, and more for the side missions
did you actually play this game?

so you'd rather have hallways, the same cqc but clunkier and with less variety options, and again, less gameplay options by stripping the buddy system
cool story bro

i S ranked every god damn mission yes i played the game and ground zeroes ended up being more entertaining and well thought out

with no clear indication if you camo is fucking working or not, along with the massive amounts of barren land, sneaking is spending have your time making enemies look in the other direction to crawl forward

just fucking wear the sneaking suit, what the fuck

you can fulton kids in a vehicle via tranqing them.

it still amounts to crawling through the open air to pop or choke a few dudes out and fulton the good ones, the outposts are a waste of time and not remotely well thought out

eh i skipped all the cutscenes and killed manface and i thought the game was fantastically fun to play through even if a bit drawn out sometime

maybe you're a boring player op

then again i didn't pay

you can sprint in the sneaking suit as long as you're more than 40 meters away from an enemy
it's like 30 for running, and 15 or 10 for crouch walking

Cant say I disagree with those points. The only thing I will say is that though there are a ton of weapons to use for the most part the standard assault rifle, silenced Tranq Gun, and Silenced Tranq Sniper Rifle became my go to default load out for most missions.

And though you do get a lot of ways to infiltrate thanks to a better control scheme some of the outposts are just barren as heck and easy to avoidm

okay so you can run up on a nigga, the outposts are still a drag, and don't utilize the mechanics well

the early missions let you play with your tools much better, then it all started going to pig shit

and the side ops were fucking garbage, go kill/capture some tanks in the middle of a fucking field, fuckin awesome

i like having side ops more than not having side ops
besides, "take out the heavy infantry" is fun as shit if you go in naked, cqc every guy, and fulton them
that game is all about how you play it
if you do everything with a silenced tranq sniper of course it's boring as hell

Question: Is MGSV piratable without any hitches now or is the crack still not that fully reliable?

doesn't it use denuvo?
it's probably not super perfect, but i've seen lots of anons saying the pirated version is very much playable

Precisely. I had pirated Lords of the Fallen a few months ago and while it ran okay having dialog cut out and invisible doors got boring real fast.

Is this a thinly veiled huey apologist thread?

huey is a good guy, he was a martyr
if you're gonna say huey is bad you should say the same about olga and the boss

Yea good job eliminating one of the few parts Konami didn't gut from the storyline.

good job to him for also killing the person that eventually becomes naomi

whatever sjw
it's okay when vagina does it i guess

What are you on about? Nothing the boss or olga did compares to the base goblin.

you're right, huey actually did a bunch of shit that greatly aided the protagonists before completely becoming ensnared by the powers that be and being forced to work against his friends
olga and the boss were villains on arrival with only the characters to explain to us why they USED to be good

I agree that Snake's moveset in 5 is the best in the series, but still only marginally better than 4's. That said, the moveset you have in 5 is more limited than in 4 in a considerable amount of ways, especially CQC. And having the best gameplay in the series by a small amount doesn't even mean much when almost the entire game consists of either 'kill or capture target X' or 'destroy or capture vehicle Y,' repeated to the point where it's very difficult to enjoy.

5's moveset is the best by a small margin and it's the worst of the mainline games by far in every other regard. I would take a thousand MGS4 Act 3s over having to play any mission in 5 again. At least it had some fucking semblance of level design beyond 'empty hills with an outpost consisting of a single building and three tents every few miles.'

and a friendly reminder that if you believe anything anyone SAYS to Snake you're a fucking fool

good for you

he killed strangelove because he had to, because she was going to die anyway, and he did it the way he did because he's a coward
huey did literally everything he did for the hopeful benefit of hal, who turned out to be the single most important protagonist in the series
good thing he did a couple shitty things

I'm not sure how you got that from "it's a repetitive piece of shit with an empty world," but alright.

Huey posters are the worst.

i'm not saying he's a shining example of what men should be, i'm saying he's a victim of circumstance like 60% of MGS characters are

Metal Gear is shit

i guess you just didn't play peace walker and have no idea what the plot of that game is
good to know i'm talking with someone who's asserting his views while also not knowing the facts at all

I still can't believe how I was rused by how good GZ was. TPP was a lie.

Dude Huey is a traitorous doormat, maybe he was once legitimate into the whole thing with Snake for MSF but even in Peace Walker the only common description his colleague had for him was doormat who just followed in another guy's shadow. hell he didn't even need convincing to build a fucking Metal Gear then either, and he stole some other guy's ideas instead of his own he's a liability. About the only thing that was ever believable about his bullshit was that he didn't actually know about Skullface and the bomb thing until after he had a gun to his head.

yeah, because you're on hardcore hallucinogenic drugs for the entire game and the entire plot is based on the idea of doublethink

duh fug? Nigga are you high right now? Is this what's going on? Huey's a thin skinned flake, in the tapes of peace walker hints of this can be seen but it's Strangelove's opinion of him that makes this pretty clear. After watching the tapes again it's pretty clear that Huey just wants to design doomsday weapons without having any responsibility for doing so or being pushed down stairs compare with Otacon or the russian guys.

He's a base goblin because he doesn't just own up to fucking up and being a fuck up.

BON VOYAGE BASE GOBLIN!!!

I'm obviously talking about Peace Walker's tapes you Nigger which is tapes that Big Boss himself is talking to the characters and it's not Venom high on drugs making everything questionable.

try reading my post again

Snake is not Snake. Did you miss that one, bitch?

Read my post again. Or did the theme of Peace Walker fly right over your head, it's not MGSV where the theme is Double Think it's Peace.

In this template thread:
BON VOYAGE THREAD GOBLIN!

MGS1 and 2 only have a couple of places where footstep sounds and footprints are a factor. In fact, the beginning of MGS1 is more complex than the rest of the game because you are introduced to all these mechanics, multiple points of infiltration but then it becomes really simplistic after that. There's also a fair amount of backtracking.

In MGS4, I recall one place where you can swim which is completely unnecessary, and the Act where you have to follow the guy in the city was boring as shit until the chase sequence. Shadow Moses was all about spamming Chaff Grenades to get through a million Gekkos. I don't remember MGS3 being that much better either.

MGS never had great level design, it's one thing the series didn't really lose out on by going open world.

The most engaging part of mgsv for me is the fob missions and they are easy. It's just that playing on a mother base is more fun than any location in the actual game

I only use the sneaking suit and deploy at night

That shit pissed me off more than anything

I really want to blame Konamiā€¦but I dunno. God damn I love venom so much, he was everything Snake was meant to follow

Any chance you can summarize peace walker? I never got to play that one

Oh I forgot to mention

source?
That's jimbo's fault

Wait are you telling me ill never get to use the battle gear he's building at mother base?

Only in Dispatch missions :^)

I'm returning this shit today and getting resident evil 0 on psn right now

Written and directed by hideo kojima

It's done. I'm never buying mgsv again. The only plus was the fob missions and base defense. Through FOB I got literally billions of GMP all for what? To wait an hour to expand shit.

I hope re0 is good, I've wanted to play it since I knew about it but never had a GameCube

You do realize they're the same weapon but with different attachment, right? The weapon list is a joke. MGS4 have better weapons than MGSV

No matter how much you deny it, Huey is the hero who killed Skullface.

Someone post that webm. where you get an S rank by blowing up a helicopter with a fucking tank. Stealth my fucking ass

Huey was a despicable little faggot that deserved to be cucked by his son

I don't have the webm you're asking for, but have an image where I S ranked a mission to disrupt enemy communications by flying in on the helicopter and mowing down everything with the minigun.

Truly this is the foremost stealth game on the market.

The fact that time was valued more over actual stealth was such a horrible mistake that they should have fixed, you shouldn't be rewarded in a stealth game for doing it the quick and dirty way

So is MGSV a bad game, or is it a bad Metal Gear game?

this is true, those are early game gimmicks to impress people, but the enemy patrols are still more thought out than phantom pains

plus you always had to hide sleeping/deads enemies because you couldn't just fulton everything that inconveniences you

i strongly disagree especially in the case of MGS1. outside of the 2-3 parts where enemies infinitely spawn, i think there are less than a hundred hand placed guards and patrol routes, but the game sure as fuck fools you into thinking otherwise

Skullface was probably going to kill everyone with a hidden weapon because Venom and Ocelot got too confident and turned their backs on him, Huey saved their lives. He also created the best buddy D-Walker, look at how cute and comfy it looks, don't you want one? Well, we have it thanks to Huey.

the ranking system was terrible, it was based off speed, when i replayed OKBzero i just drove through it with an armored vehicle and i think i did it again to get an easy S rank when extracting code walker

its a good game, but overhyped and with some very obvious shortcomings that come from making the world too huge and the development hell the game suffered

We have Huey to thank for stealing the schematics and supply from the Russians, and also for massproducing D-Walkers to be used by the Russians and South African PMCs before we took him back to motherbase

By being open world, you are less pressured to be stealthy. past MGS games are closed space like in a buildings where you are trapped in once you enter. In MGSV, you lose that sense of being trapped with the enemies, you can just run away into the open areas.

Being open mean they don't force you to be stealthy, and in a stealth game, that is a bad design where peoples can choose to be stealth instead of forcing the player to be stealth.

I feel much more attached to Venom than I would have if it was just Big Boss himself, especially after the reveal that he was just a regular joe all along forced to fill in the biggest shoes of them all.

Its a bad metal gear game and I play MGS4.
Like this user it have new mechanic that isn't properly utilize. Stealth is optional since you don't need it to get the S rank. Because of the open world design, punishment for being discover is not severe because you can run away at any direction to safety. Buddy system and vehicle makes the game easy mode. Story is unfinished, Chapter 2 is practically nothing. Padded out with the same repetitive side mission and not even being original about it (destroy tank mission 1 to 10, yes, that is what they called the side mission).

It's a mediocore game, and an awful Metal Gear game

If we take it at face value as just some other Stealth game and not as an entry in a franchise of a usually fairly well put together stealth game it's pretty underwhelming

The open world aspect is a big drag on it, the 2 world maps we were given were boring and uninspired, save for maybe 2 points in both maps, Most of the outposts were literally copy and pasted, and on top of that it's awful as an open world game too, the enemies don't react like real soldiers in a conflict zone would do if you just run off their line of site in a vehicle, they don't pursue you, they don't call for backup to go after you, nothing, not only that but there is no actual fighting going on in these supposed combat zones, not even in South Africa where supposedly there's multiple different PMCs vying for power, not like you'll ever see those power struggles though!

But more to the point than that: the stealth is not in anyway challenging or rewarding, the game consists of finding the long way around the base to your objective, taking that way, avoiding all the guards (ie: any challenge) and then fultoning the both of you out, and even if you did take the hard way all you need to do is tranq any guards you see while crouch walking and fulton them up too so there's no need for you to actually plan out on where to hide bodies and such, not like there's many options for that anyway

It's basically a mediocore Open World Third Person Shooter with some stealth elements that don't even really benefit you on the mission rating if you don't do it fast enough

Why? Venom just have the same relationship to what BB and Boss have, and Solid Snake killed both Venom and BB

Thats literally why people hate farcry 2

You are a disgrace

Base Goblin apologists not welcome.

STANDING

This is more or less the same argument I've heard numerous times towards MGS4, because theoretically, you could just mow down enemies with a machine gun, and the game doesn't "encourage" stealth enough. But that's what happens when you don't really care about the game and only intend to finish it no matter what (funny enough, it was also pretty easy to simply headshot enemies in MGS2 for example).

Anyway, MGSV does rank you based on stealth (I think No Traces guarantees an S rank, no matter how slow you play), and there's also Total Stealth missions, and certain side objectives require you to be stealthy.
And perhaps equally important, people enjoy self-imposed challenges, and this game has a shit ton of potential and enough depth to allow that to happen. It's why people do ghost playthroughs in Thief, or SL1/no healing runs in Dark Souls, or in Devil May Cry, they make use of tech (Guard Flying and the Lucifer glitch in DMC4 come to mind) that's hard as shit to pull off and not even necessary for an S rank, but is still fun to achieve. It's all about what the game's mechanics allow you to do, even if it's not required by the game itself.

aaGGGGHHHHH FUCKING TRIGGERED

After I finished all the missions I can see I'm disappointed of the game, seeing now why everyone called it a facebook game. I can't even properly do a New Game + and get all the cutscenes all over again.

And some mission tasks are or incredibly stupid and hard or indredibly buggy. I can't get the Vicount talk after the traductor interrogated the other 3 prisoners.

Source of that YTP?