Todd Howard touches your favorite game/franchise

What do you think he will do to it?

It was awesome.

He already has.

HE CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS!

king of fighters
so like that street fighter game on 3ds where you don't have to do inputs and you can just tap a button to do a full combo

Don't know what he'd do.

I actually considered that it might be marginally better on the DLC front, but the gameplay would be further watered down for sure.

Valve might actually release another game if it were to happen.

Jokes on you, they're all dead

That makes it easier user. It's easier to buy a dead series than it is to buy a live one, but Zenimax did both.

"You see that mountain? You can land on it."

Perhaps he already has.

On the contrary, FO3's enemies won't stand still so you'd have to use the shitty VATS all the time.

HAHAHA JOKES ON YOU FAGGOT ITS ALREADY BEEN RUINED TWICE

thief. ds and reboot.

do what you must for i am immune to disappointment

Your character levels up to get perks such as the amazing ability to be immune to radiation with no suit.

Todd didn't do Doom. He's just a director in Bethesda Softworks, not the owner of Zenimax.

I almost forgot to include how you now can have wisecracking and/or sassy followers with you. Maybe throw in some female characters who don't need no man to wrestle a chimera and kill it with their bare hands.

Somehow, the result would still be better than Other M

Was Fallout 4 really that bad? They didn't do this shit in earlier games. Except maybe Skyrim

I was going to write one up about Fire Emblem, but it's not like it would be that much worse than Fates. The main difference would probably be half your army being marked as essential, so they just get knocked out and come back for the next chapter.

I honestly think that it might just be an improvement overall. He wouldn't have any reason to make the combat worse and since that's the best part of the game it'd at least still be good. Then there's the pawn system, [TECHNOLOGY], and character customization which he wouldn't have any reason to fuck with outside of maybe making the protagonist voiced (apparently they said that was a mistake in F4 so I doubt it).

He'd definitely remove classes which would be a good thing for the game, but the problems would start right about here. Every character would end up as a master of all trades and you can quickly switch between all the weapons/playstyles on the go, so having a varied party would be pointless.

The writing in the game isn't supremely fantastic but the post-Dragon content (which was meant to be the majority of the game) is actually pretty cool and well written. Obviously this would go away and the sequel would have writing just as dogshit as Fallout 4's which is quite possibly some of the worst I have ever seen in a game that wasn't at least endearingly bad.

Quests would become more generic and less memorable, but there would be pretty much no "go talk to people" quests which were the worst part of the game since they just amounted to walking to a quest marker and pressing B a bunch of times.

I can't even say he'd make the balance worse because Dragon's Dogma is hilariously poorly balanced, you can start on hard mode and breeze through the game with firebombs or just become absurdly overpowered anyways through BBI equipment.

And then there's the good stuff: There would be significantly more content and enemies to fight, the overworld would have more variety and memorable locations, crafting/settlement stuff would be appreciated I guess, I suppose they'd remove the cutscenes which is nice, and there'd be some cities other than Gran Soren.

Now I don't mean to say that there is a Bethesda game that is remotely close to being as fun as Dragon's Dogmer, the three reasons I love this game so much are the combat, pawns, and [TECHNOLOGY] which are things that Bethesda games certainly don't have but Todd would have no reason to remove them if he got involved. I'd even say that Bethesda games are slowly becoming more and more like DD to some extent with the combat in F4 becoming tolerable as opposed to god awful, making your own robot companions with Automatron, and some small bits of (technology) like shooting fire extinguishers to blow them up or some of the weirder stuff you can make in settlements.

Wisecracking followers? Absolutely, every single one of them except for maybe Strong is a fucking cringefest. Bethesda's focus on "improving" their writing between each game is exclusively on characters, and the way they think that they make well made characters is to make them as memorable as possible. This doesn't sound bad when I say it like that, but every single god damn character must be "wacky" and "unique" with the followers being the most memorable. And to follow the rest of the studio, surely quantity is more important than quality which means everyone has to be talking constantly. If you go to a settlement where a lot of followers are it is absolutely unbearable because at any given moment at least one of them will be in the middle of saying one of their quirky lines that you've heard a thousand times already.

imagine for some reason fallout 3 gets canceled and for the same reason the fallout 3 team helps tripwire develop killing floor 1

Jokes on them, Ubisoft ruined Might and Magic as well as Heroes of Might and magic the moment they bought it off NWC. Todd might actually make the games better than what Ubisoft did.

No thanks, I want a wife who can actually raise my children.

It's Pete Hines who ruined Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Todd was just a useful Idiot and the Fall goy to Hines

Not really, Fallout 4's companions are actually fairly decent. The only one who 'wisecracks' is Piper, who's kind of like Veronica but somehow less annoying and only a faggot if you push her into a romance as a female character. Deacon too, but he can be genuinely entertaining sometimes.

Everyone else is fairly diverse, but none of them are really lolsoquirky! or SJW pandering drivel.

Todd helped get Bethesda into financial trouble with Redguard, and almost all of his games since Morrowind have the stink of Redguard on them. It's quite obvious that Todd much prefers action/adventure games than he does RPGs. Pete Hines is certainly a shiteater, and he's certainly part of the problem, but that doesn't mean Todd is innocent in all of this.

Slightly better graphics with much less enemy types and way worse writing.
Basically Fallout 3 but in the Legend of Dragoon setting.

He already did

Sadly the whole level design, interesting boss fights and "crack the room with the mind to defeat it" aspects of the game are doomed.
But it's probably a nice skyrim clone.

Really because Nick, Cait, Deacon, Hancock, and MacCready have all been super annoying too for similar reasons.

Codsworth, Strong, Ada (except for that one fucking line if you played it you know the one), and Preston are okay and I haven't found any others so far.

Need some time to think. Been so long since I've played Skyrim. Forgotten many parts of it.

See that peasant over there, you can marry him/her.

You can clear out the bandit caves alone on normal difficulty.

You can now hunt down bandits by following quest arrows. I think this is an improvement compared to just circling a city and hoping you accidentally meet the bandits. Not the best solution, but an improvement.

You can own a village in less than an hour.

Everybody knows you instantly. You don't need to win battles to gain reputation.

Get rid of the jousting match. An improvement.

Your horse can traverse the mountains.

You can no longer control certain aspects of difficulty. There are now presets that simply make you deal less damage/enemies deal more damage.

god forbid he gets his hands on STALKER, just thinking about what would happen to the game makes me want to cry

What kind of scrub can't?

EA already made a buggy, pointless, casualized, inane, "but muh graphics!" version of SimCity, so I can't imagine he'd do much WORSE.

…unless the base-building content in Fallout 4 WAS HIS VERSION OF SIMCITY.

Holy shit.

Mind blown.

It is a well known fact that japanese people have the shittiest of tastes.

Todd would do Gothic then?

Okay, that could go two ways - not good and good.

If Toad thought "people probably don't want even more Skyrim clones. I see many like that Dark Souls game which is less casual than ours - so how about we make Gothic as it was, not casual to try and take over their audience?", it'd all be fine. If he allowed himself and his team to look at the world and realised it's less about quantity and more about quality while incorporating that in his remake/whatever, it'd all be good. Hell, he can go both quality + quantity (not as big though), he has the resources.

But if Toad is as the memes paint him, Gothic would become "Skyrim with no Elves". You even play as a prisoner in Gothic 1, it will hit all the Toad's fetishes - it's perfect for Skyrimisation.

Well, I know that at the very least it'd be way better than Arcania no matter what. Sure, it wouldn't really be a Gothic game, but I'll be honest - even Fallout 4 feels more like a Gothic game than Arcania does. At least you can pretty much go wherever you want. He'd do better job than current Piranha Bytes with their Risens 2 and 3 would even if he was all like the memes.

"See this Orc? You can marry him"

He already killed Fallout.

He's already finished with it.

I don't see the problem. Shame they never made any more Elder Scrolls games after that though. There were even all those in-game rumors about unrest in the capitol.

Oh well. Better to have the franchise die than live on like some kind of twisted abomination like Warcraft did.

But Redguard was a legitimately good game. It combines Zelda and Tomb Raider. The dialogue is pretty good too even though some of the voice actors might be shit.

It's the Radiant AI shit that has been ruining all Beth games. This AI system is broken, it takes a lot of processing power that could've gone into actual gameplay and content. Yeah, it's amazing how 1000+ NPC's could plan their own schedule at the same time and make their own decisions, but it's not necessary.

None so blind as those who won't see.

If Todd made a megaman game, it would be this game.

where does he touch it?

He already is and it's going to be the greatest game of all time. I wonder what he'll cook up for Quake Champions.

But user, Elder scrolls is my favorite franchise series as well as fallout
So he touched them both

I'm expecting FPSMOBAshit flavor

But Todd is such a great developer and handsome too.