Space Thread - Dukat Edition

Tell me Major, where are all the good space games at?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodolgaming.com/downloads/index.php?dir=ka/
jiridvorak.webpark.cz/ka/
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
pastebin.com/u445Tu4X
twitch.tv/starcitizen
scflyfree.com/
archive.is/Iql5S
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uranus

Godammit, I can't believe such a shitty joke mad me laugh.

user lied to me last thread and said he would make another at page 16 and left me in the thread to sink.

I think we should all take a moment to remember and honour every one of the 15 million Bajorans murdered on the Cardassian death camps.

He expected one of us in the wreckage brother.

Oy vey!

Are you making light of the atrocities visited upon the peaceful Bajorans people?

There was no "death camps", only labour camps and remarkably few bajorans died under the cardassian rule. The casualty rate was lower than in most conflicts.

ARE YOU DENYING THE BAJORACAUST YOU FILTHY GOYIM

Are you suggesting 15 million dead over 50 years across a whole planet is a low casualty rate?
Ridiculous. Such a large number of deaths could only be possible through systematic murder.

Bane?

I prefer the term "Shoahccupation"

Yes!

Looks like you went and got yourself caught!

Of courshe!

So what games let you manage occupations?

Did Bashir tap everyone?

So anons, Endless Space 2? Hype or shite?

M'pella is superior to leeta anyway.

What the fuck is with scam artistry and space games

It actually got me through a really rough part of my live, it will always be the GOAT TV show.

Same here, I spent a whole summer watching DS9 and playing STO at the same time a couple of years ago. It was a bleak summer for me for various reasons.

You dare insinuate that the death camp I ran was so inefficient? You sound me…

Bajoran propaganda.

I just had a though for a moment. 15 million deaths over 50 years? On a planet of 3.8 billion inhabitants? That would imply that the Cardassians actually severely reduced the death rate. You'd get 20 million a year alone from natural deaths. Holy shit, Cardassians really did nothing wrong. It's all Bajoran lies and trickery!

Of course it is. Bajoran profitted a lot from their 'victim' status.

Trips confirm Bajoran lies and trickery and we will never get to Remove Hasperat.

Is that a euphemism?

It can be pretty good, but it always bothered me how utopian the Federation was depicted. It would sometimes be implied that the Federation was more aggressive than it openly admitted, but then those suggestions would stop and never be heard again. Or a character would have objections to the Federation, and oh look that person is a bad guy because only bad guys are opposed to the Federation. There's so little nuance.

Also Dukat did nothing wrong. Until season 5 or so, when he became Bad Guy™.

right here

"no"

Section 31 is vilified by most of Starfleet but nobody do anything against them because ultimately they defend the Federation.

From Voyager and DS9, it's pretty clear that the Federation is only Utopian in the favored core worlds like Vulkan, Earth, Andoria and so on. The farther from the core you get, the fewer resources and the fewer fucks the Federation gives.
It's kinda like that liberal dystopia called "Alliance" from Firefly in a sense.

I remember Sisko making a speech about Earth and living in paradise. How it is easy to judge others like the maquis when you live in paradise.

Pretty much this.

Or Earth's own past. That two-parter where they go back in time to the 21st century and Sisko leads a riot was awful, I gave up and skipped it partway through the first half.
How could we accept some people being poor, and respond only by giving them free food and water rations?
How could we tolerate wait times of months or years for even a chance at employment?
How could we let that man's schizophrenia go uncured?
Easy for you to feel so fucking superior when you come from a world with replicators and unimaginable medical advances.

HYPE

I did the same, after my mom got brain cancer. She's fine now, but Sisko kept me sane.

What's up with all these Space games threads lately?
Looks like no cuck sky did one right thing after all

People liek spehss

We've been keeping up space threads for a while now.

Re-watching my way through Enterprise again now. I've always liked this show, and even the completely out-of-place yet oddly fitting opening theme.
But coming off of a run of rewatching TNG and VOY, holy hell is this show's tone bizarre. Also Jolene Blalock plays the bitchiest Vulcan I've ever seen.

I liked when Archer goes full Humanity Fuck Yeah! In the delphic expanse. The ME episodes are quite nice too.

Life is pain
at least I got this screenshot

goodolgaming.com/downloads/index.php?dir=ka/
jiridvorak.webpark.cz/ka/

It's like a monkey's paw wish

It's either SJW pandering garbage
Shovelware
Or made by completely out of touch developers.

why is life so cruel

is deep space 9 worth watching?
i liked some episodes from the original series, i thoroughly enjoyed the next generation (aside from most worf episode)
and i like the cardassians/ferengi, but fuck me, i just watched the first episode of DS9 and god damn was it boring

DS9 takes a while to get going but it's great once it does.

Tell me Major, are any of the first 2 seasons of any Star Trek show worth watching?

well i enjoyed most of TNG so maybe
i couldn't get into the episodic nature of the original series though, i needed some continuity for a sci-fi show

I had the same negative reaction to DS9 initially. I avoided watching it for years as a result.
When I finally buckled down and forced myself to watch it, I was in love before the end of the first season. It has a more serious tone, but it's a fantastic show. It can be compared to Babylon 5 in a lot of ways.

sisko monica fo'real

that's sort of the problem with star trek is since they are so networky they have sometimes where it seems like there is a lot of continuity, and there is, but sometimes it's just flavor of the week or w/e u call it fam.

re-watching it n i'm on dat season 3 tho fam and it shit is pickin up, the good episodes are real good and the bad episodes I just pass out nigga fo'real.

The worf episodes in DS9 suck too.
But the good half of the cast carries the shit half, and the overarching story is okay, though it doesn't really kick in for a couple of seasons. Give it a shot.

Anyone played Everspace?

did some episodes early on in ds9 have pangs of law n order n shiet or am I alone in thinkin that?

nigga plz

Does it suck?

honestly nigga i thot u ment everquest tho fam my bad fam

What a waste of trips.

Watching Voyager after DS9 is suffering though. It's like Janeway wants to kill off her crew. All those wasted opportunities to come back. It's a wonder she doesn't have a mutiny on her hands.

I will say this time and time again, the Cardassians did not go far enough with the Bajoran occupation. They should have glassed the planet and all on it. Bajorans are a blight upon the universe and the Cardassians had a duty to end it and they failed based upon their flawed morals.

What people seem to forget is that Janeway did her best upholding the ideals of the federation even when she did not have to and that gained her the respect of both crews. She wasn't a good captain but she was far from the worst. Take into consideration that dude that captured entities and used them for fuel to get home, granted the fuck was outgunned at every turn but he was on a science vessel, the brightest minds in the goddamn federation, they could have come up with something that didn't fuck over an entire race of beings

Babylon 5 was way better than DS9 in terms of entertainment, characters, and overall story. DS9 was enjoyable but Babylon 5 was way better in all aspects.

Not to mention Babylon 5 had better time travel than all of Star Trek combined. They limited its use and tied together everything by the time the series ended leaving absolutely no loose ends. Probably the best use of time travel I have ever seen in science fiction.

Trips confirm.

What's the bet that hate for Babylon 5 comes from fags listening to the Big Meme Theory?

RIP

B5 started to suck after the Shadows War though. Everything felt boring and tacked on, like HNK after Raoh's defeat.

How many games do you see?

By showing me this clip, you have unleashed the beast. user, I am more angry than I have ever been in my entire life. I had heard Big Bang Theory was garbage but I had no idea they shit on one of the best Science Fiction works to have ever been made. I want to end life now….all of it…why? Why did you do this to me?!

THERE
ARE
NO
GAMES

It all had its purpose and technically the shadows war was the entire series because of how it tied itself together, rewatch it and you will notice.

I'm hyped I want to believe it's going to be good, please Sega just let the developers do their jobs.

This kills me.

Except when she ran out of coffee. Then she'd blatantly flout the sovereignty of any and all alien civilizations for her next ounce of dilithium. Not to mention her constant bipolar swings between depression, where she'd lock herself away from the crew for weeks, and mania, where she'd unilaterally decide that going around a space-bug-empire's territory would be too boring, so fuck them fly straight into it.
Also, how many times did she say "to hell with the temporal prime directive"?

I love Voyager for what it is, and I absolutely love Janeway as well. I don't love her as a Starfleet captain, though. I love her as a crazed Humanity Fuck Yeah warlord who doesn't even pretend to give a fuck unless it would give her a tactical advantage.

The only difference between Janeway and Mirror Universe Janeway is that she wears gloves in the Mirror Universe.

I need something something to look forward to user I know I shouldn't but I must.

Jesus, it's like the Cult of the Eternal End on crack. I wasn't hype before, fuck.

Sorry but i can only check you trips.

Fucking SEGA.

This was more for comedy than accuracy, but it's still a fair representation of her Captaining style.

The only real problem I have with Voyager is that everything always reset every episode. If there had been continuity, it would have been fantastic.
The show should have ended with Voyager finally limping home looking nothing like it did when it first set out: a grotesque amalgamation of alien technology from hundreds of worlds, jury-rigged together with scotch tape, thumb tacks and salvaged Borg technology.
I wish she'd set out on the USS Voyager and returned on the USS Abomination.

There's actually a whole pastebin full of recommendations that gets floated around the share thread every now and then, here: pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

I found no games only terrible fanfiction

Didn't they even have an episode where they had a museum where it essentially accurately portrayed Janeway?

Oh, my mistake. Here: pastebin.com/u445Tu4X

Even more terrible fanfiction.

Oh.

What's the best space game for an absolute beginner?
The age of the game doesn't matter.

What a genre?

Empire at war is good for a beginner.

I realise I probably should have specified that.
First-person space games, the kinds where you fly a ship around.

Well why didn't you say so, Try freespace

This

Get FSO and you are set.

Yeah, the Warship Voyager from Living Witness.
Good episode, that.

Check out PULSAR: Lost Colony. It's a first-person, team-based ship game. We play it every couple of months.

Pretty much dead.

Fuck, thanks for reminding me user.

And if you like Pulsar, consider trying out Barotrauma (which gets linked here all the time) and Empty Epsilon (basically a free, open-source, and superior version of Artemis Bridge Simulator)

A true Mirror Universe series would be cool, but not PC enough for SJWs. What a shitty time we live in.

Yesterday's Enterprise was a pretty good episode too.

So I can control the units in FPS ?!

No.

fuck it then

I highly recommend checking out Diaspora : Shattered Armistice

It's free and fucken awesome.

Freespace and Strike Suit Zero are pretty good places to start
and tbh, it doesn't get much better than Freespace

What? How is this a thing.

The only right answer.

Dukat did nothing wrong.
Ferengi women should not make profit.

And not wear clothing either.

Let me illuminate you.

Centralisation a shit.

The issue with this is tights, stockings, schoolgirls outfits and boots are all technically clothing. Unless there's a loophole to cover that, of course.

Disgusting.

Whatever, I live in a rich part of the world.

Fuck the rest. What do I care about the people who live there or their culture? I just hope they drown in the Mediterranean sea.

Also, that's fanfic tier shitty writting.

Underrated post.

Daily reminder to remove Mantis

Bump

Or the Necrophage on cocaine.

It is not just a one off user, they do it constantly throughout the show's series. Someone is butthurt about G'kar.

I was curious about the Occupation of Bajor, so I ran the numbers quickly. I see the death toll listed as between 10 to 15 million, so I erred on the generous side.
15 million in 50 years is 300 000 per year. For a planet-wide population of 3.8 billion, that comes to 7.9 per 100 000 per year.
I compared this to a list of select causes of death in Canada (I live here, so it's what comes up first).
The mortality rate for diabetes is 13.9 per 100 000 per year, for suicide is 10.4, and for pneumonia and influenza is 10.1 (the two diseases are grouped for the statistic).

I, with all my first-world medical care, am substantially more likely to die from a simple respiratory infection than a Bajoran was to be killed in the supposedly-brutal Occupation.

Writers can't into math.

But… But muh prophets, muh occupation.

Cardassians brought industry science and art to the Bajoran and they are still ungrateful.

In an earlier thread user concluded that even if assuming all the 10 million deaths were directly a result of the labour/death camps, they would still have been safer workplaces than the average American's job.

Seems we have no other choice anons.
Holla Forums recommmended space games chart when?

Freespace 2 in the middle obviously, branching off to it's mods. RTS; Homeworld and Sins of a Solar Empire. 4X; Galactic Civilizations, Masters of the Orion. Then X3 of courshe. TIE Fighter belongs there as well and Starlancer. Nexus the Jupiter Incidient.

Question is where does this all fit?

But muh solar sails and tachyon currents! Ancient astronauts of Bajor!

So now that we know NMS is utter trash, what's a good space game with customizable ships?

Shekel Yiddishen

Starbound

all that lost potential
at least it had rotating sections

Top kek.

There are a bunch of ways to do this.
You could categorize them by genre, by tier (Freespace 2 being on the very top) or, and this would be best, somehow make a flowchart that branches out.
Another option would be to basically section it off into genres and tiers in the same chart, ala a depth chart.

Transcendence

second season of enterprise gets progressively better until it hits it's stride in the beginning of season 3

which is short lived, but seeing archer turning from a wide eyed idealist to a more of a realist/maniac was the one of the reasons i liked it so much

Star Trek Enterprise got cancelled actually when they were starting to get good

Yeah thats a shame.

These ship models look an awful lot like they came from Escape Velocity. Is this a new EV game or something?
Does Ambrosia Software even still exist?

It is inspired by it and I think it is free too and made by one guy so I'm not complaining. EV is a worthy inspiration.

Polaris master race

Yeah, the base game is free, and expansions are available for cheap. I think the developer's plan is to keep building upon their universe with multiple expansions and sequels for the next few decades

Forgot pic

At the arcades, fool.

Ambrosia Software only makes iOS mobile apps now, and they seem to be on life support. The guy who made EV, Matt Burch, left over a decade ago. A depressing end for a company that basically defined Mac gaming in the 90s.

They originally distributed their stuff as shareware with no strings attached - your decision to pay for the software was based on an honor system alone, and their software was never very expensive. Unsurprisingly they barely made ends meet doing this, and then they were lambasted for moving to software registration using serial numbers which still didn't work out so well. Over half the people who tried to renew their software license used shared serial numbers. I think piracy was a big part of their demise, and they were such an honest and idealistic developer that can't see them lying about the issue.

Do you have any space games where you can lead armies in real time like empire at war but still control the galaxy that is available on a toaster

Sins of a Solar Empire? How many slots does your toaster have?

Probably something like this.

Yes something like sins but older because sins is too new and will lag my toaster just like galciv2

You aren't going to get anything running that toaster you've got user by sounds of things. Nothing good anyway. Have you considered Masters of the Orion instead?

That'd be ideal. I was thinking just about that one.
I just wonder how you'd structure that since it's not just one genre.

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes I have, can I fight in real time?

Maybe Star Ruler?

Tried it, didn't click with me

I made a shitty first attempt at it and ran into a problem as you described, too many genres. Best that I could end up doing is a beginners guide eventually or making several charts instead.

why

Found double suns in ED.
Does anybody know where I can find a big ass combat zone?

A) It's a draft and couldn't be bother putting everything in
and
B) Webm related

A-Wing master race can outrun a TIE Interceptor, has shields and a full complement of high-speed high-maneuverability concussion missiles.
The only TIE Fighter that's reasonably decent is the TIE Defender.

Are you including KSP in the Steam Early Access part in "You want to be scammed' section?
For all its flaws, it's still a space game that can be worth looking at.

The difference from firefly being that there are many aliens that can and will fuck us up if not for the actions of said saints.

Also next gen had some dark stuff too like the security officer being the victim of a rape gang.

It's sad that Ambrosia has a bunch of cool games left on long-dead Mac OS 9.

What the fuck.

garbage

Not knowing the true heir to the empire's fleet Once these avengers reach mass production the rebels won't know what hit them

Also I was playing Moo2 for the first time today and it was bretty good, it reminded me of star wars rebellion.

Also that DosBox emu thing jacked with something on my screen and I can't tell what is Help please before I need glasses

Never mind I fixed it

Okay faggots if you are going to bitch about it then go fix it yourselves.

That's a decent first attempt.with some work this could be good.
Starting with freelancer is a good idea and then going from there.

How about going in pic related's direction.
It's just a general outline.

Also, I used the pictures from your image but obviously v1.0 should have pictures with a high enough resolution to actually read the title and subtitle.

Best space jewing simulator coming thru

Anyone played the new MoO?

twitch.tv/starcitizen

live

When the fuck did this happen? I thought there hasn't been any development progress in the past 3 years.

They do seem top be making progress.,
Doesn't make it any less of a scam.

He's currently shekel dancing on stream right now.

I like they pay attention to details. That back alley, showroom for ships, bars..

Of course.

This game will have ship to ship boarding right?

That's one of Chris Roberts' Commandments, sure.
Will it actually happen? Ha.

you can try it now for free

scflyfree.com/

Good first draft. Needs Star Ruler shoved in there somewhere, like "I want to build REALLY big ships" or something, and Sword of the Stars also needs a mention.

Anyone have more ideas and improvements?
bump

Star Wars Rebellion

Improvements to the chart, not games to be added.

Any other games like this? Where once you colonize a planet, it turns into SimCity 2k in spaaaace?

I miss this game.
I miss sending agents to sabotage lifesupport systems on the enemy's largest colony, instantly wiping it out.
I miss dropping statis missiles on enemy worlds and following them up by carpet bombing the place with cluster bombs so every single clusterbomb arrives at the same time.
I miss flinging spent asteroid colonies that no longer make any profit at enemy colonies.
I miss falsely accusing rivals of trading with the terrorists to provoke them into attacking a worthless colony near them, right after securing a nonagression pact that willl cripple their economy when they get hit with the fine for violating the pact.
I miss the secret treaties for combined attacks that required you to inflict a minimum amount of damage on its target.
I miss revealing enemy secret treaties to their supposed allies.
I miss smuggling in contraband to balance your economy.
This game was what really got me into 4x games and its complex system of alliances, treaties and back stabs resulted in a diplomatic system that has yet to be topped for its infinite potential for hilarity, back stabbing shenanigans and general Machiavellian manipulation.

I'm afraid you won't find many cows on this forum.
Try over on >>>/cud/

Probably make multiple charts for multiple genres, otherwise it'll become a clusterfuck fast.

In that case we need to make a list.

I'm looking for an obscure russian indie space game that was posted in a nu male scam thread recently, does anyone know the name?

Parkan 2?

Precursors?

Why the hell isn't there a Mount and Blade style Dune game.

They could literally just copypaste the story from Emperor: Battle for Dune and I would be satisfied.

>House Atreides for the goody-two shoes faggots and people who want cool as shit fremen companions and waifus

and for those who pay attention a super sekrit subplot for you to expose The Spacing guild using their mega-jew "just as planned" powers to control Arrakis or even worsetaking the option to help them

yes i think it's that.

What makes Freelancer a black sheep? I haven't played any space games, so I don't know.

Bump.

That's not how Sadakuar work user

Garack told him to eat a rod but then explain he was only kidding. He kept asking Bashir if he liked Puzzle boxes.

Sorry… Its a good list.

What user-kun?

But the only time they ever fought in a stand up battle in the entire story, was when they got rekt by a band of poorly trained savages who where so lacking in proper weapons they had to shout at their enemies instead.
How can you loose against shouting poorly and and untrained sandniggers, and still be called a badass?

It is beloved by spes vidya plebs since it has a bit of everything and a nice, adventurous, atmosphere.
People that play a lot of spess vidya know though that the game is quite shallow and that other games far surpass it.
The game is fun and enjoyable but shallow.
Hailing it as some magnus opus is frowned upon in the general with good reason.
A black sheep.

Fremen are magic buddhist mudslimes that start overdosing on spice in the womb and live all their life under military discipline.

Which Decepticon was this again?

life is suffering.

Disgusting.

Hence why I said, there's hardly any decent stuff.

Filter your map by Civil War IIRC and then fly to one of those systems.

God damn it that animation was awesome. He captured the feel of TIE Fighter perfectly.

What are you, gay?

Are you?

You mean other than the nearly 50 pages of smut on Rule34.paheal.net?
I'm certain there must also be thousands upon thousands of spock/kirk slashfics out there.

Duet was in season one though and that's one of the best ST episodes.

Pic related

50 pages of bad photoshops and faggotry.

Hey now, I didn't say it was GOOD porn. I'm sure there's a few good bits, if you just sift through it all.
You have fun with that.

Why do space shows always get cancelled just when they're hitting their stride? Enterprise would have been brilliant with a full 7-10 year run.
The only promising TV studio nowadays is "Netflix Originals" since they're still in the young non-cynical stage of show production, and they haven't even attempted a space program yet.

I hear Stranger Things is a decent sci-fi show though. Maybe that's a sign of things to come.

Also, speaking of pic related, why did this show turn into total batshit insanity in its final season and a half? Did it get cancelled / time pressured and have to rush to a conclusion? It was the best X-Files since X-Files.

I'm watching ENT as well right now.
Almost done with season two.
It's kind of hard to watch.
You'll have one episode that is really nice with some fun sci-fi scenario.
The next one is about an allegory for fucking AIDS affecting T'Pol.
Is that a curse for anything with lefist leanings?
We'll always have DS9.

Is that picture from Fringe?
I recall that show being pretty shit lad.

Fringe was monster-of-the-week X-Files derivative, but it turned out to be pretty good. Like all worthwhile sci-fi shows, it takes at least one full season before it starts to hit its stride and get good.

You're almost out of the woods. Season three is when they stop trying to be trendy and tiptoe around, and start throwing the more clever episodes out there.

If you want to watch a good sci fi show, go for B5.
Yes, it took a season or two to hit its stride, but a lot of important shit goes down in season 1 that you need to see to understand some of the latter shit that goes on.

Currently I'm sitting through LEXX. Dear god that show is weird. And half the plots revolve around sex. And half or more of the actors sound like german porn actors trying to speak english only making it so much harder not to think of porn when you see it.
Case in point, embed related. Where the crew lands on a planet inhabited only by monks, and because this is lexx, porn it up until the pure male utopia is destroyed by the head monk in his despair over the way the monks reacted to a WOMAN and how she thus corrupted their utopia beyond saving with her mere presence…
Also the show has this odd habbit of killing off EVERYTHING that isn't part of Lexx's crew, every fucking episode.

Someone should mention Lexx to GoT fags

Lexx: "We killed everyone before it was cool!"

I couldn't comprehend this show when it aired years ago. I tried, but like you said, it felt like a cheap porn production that was forced to edit out the sex scenes at the last minute. I also didn't notice anything resembling a plot, though it did have some colorful characters.

I was also disappointed when that white-haired Xev was replaced by that bull-dykish redhead also named Xev for no apparent reason. Maybe the original actress dropped out?

my nigger
LEXX is batshit insane and what happens when you have East Coast Canada partner with German SF. There are some legitimately great episodes the one with the boy space pilot that is attacked by the Mantrid drones immediately comes to mind and the overall tone of the series is just so cold and apathetic that it's like they made a four season long TV series of Doctor Who meets Métal Hurlant.
Anyone growing up in Canada in the late 90s/early 2000s will know this as a staple of our sci-fi channel and been traumatised by it at some point

everything after s2 (with a a few exceptions) was complete crap.

This
It was pretty fun when it was just modern X-files and wacky science, then they went full retard

It got bad once the time-jump happened. Not sure why they went with that.
I liked the trips to alt-earth, though. Red haired Olivia was cute.

Lexx is amazing.

Amen.

Also who needs shields, they only make pilots careless

Amen, fellow imperial brothers.
The rebel scum may have fancy tricks, but they cannot match our skill or fortitude. Who needs shields, when we have the TIE Defender, TIE Advanced and TIE Avenger?

Also, friendly reminder for the thread that the Empire is a left-wing government.

An hero user.
Go shove your (((free market))).

You are missing the Missile Boat and Star Wing user :^)

But sir, don't those fighters all HAVE shields?

And that's when I knew Star Wars was dead for good.

They're not Imperial TIEs, they're First Order TIEs. As if that makes any fucking difference

That's my favorite excuse. "T-t-the First Order made them better!"
I knew Disney would rape Star Wars, but I didn't expect it to rape it, kill it, eat the corpse, vomit the corpse, then rape the vomit.

There are no jews in the Star Wars universe to corrupt a free market like ours was corrupted.

They may not corrupt the free market but there's definitely Jews.

I wish the tables were turned and we saw the New Republic as being a bit more morally grey. That's too complex for Star Wars though. :^)

Are you sure the First Order isn't nearly as powerful as the Empire was? They lost the Emperor, and with his death they lost the galaxy-wide mind control field that he was constantly maintaining, but they still seem to have a lot of loyal men.
Add to this the fact that the Empire was sub-divided into territories each under the control of a powerful warlord governor "Moff", it's highly unlikely that the death of a single figurehead could wrest control of the entire galaxy from the Empire's grip.

The New Republic likely only claimed the core worlds and a bunch of insignificant rimworlds, leaving vast stretches of Imperial territory intact.
It's a testament to Imperial discipline and galactic-scale loyalty that they were able to build a planet-sized superweapon that eats stars within a mere couple of decades of their supposed "crushing defeat".

Ok.

ES2 are ded.

The 2017 Trek series is going to be shit I know it.

The supposed story is that they fled to wild space and pretty much completely rebuilt. Lorewise their forces are apparently almost as strong as the Empire in its golden age.

Bullshit I know.

The "resistance" is basically the rebellion within First Order controlled space, right? And it's being aided by the New Republic who officially only operate within New Republic space?

The movie didn't do a very good job of establishing that. It seemed like the First Order was the underdog within New Republic space, and the "resistance" was just the army. That doesn't make a lick of sense, of course, but they didn't bother trying to present it any reasonable way.

Yep, Lexx is one of only three things I've watched (first episode mostly) that have creeped me out, the others being Alien and Cube.

I recommended Fly 2 and Thing.

And never at any point in the film did they bother mentioning any of that. Way to go, Disney. Great screenwriting.

Also the 80s american live action adaptation of The Guyver
It's got a shitload of body horror.

I'm really enjoying NMS, although I must say that the anons who are buttravaged because they bought into the hype have contributed to how much fun I'm having. The game is everything I hoped it to be, I was a bit worried for a while before release that they were going to hamfist multiplayer into this but I'm glad they didn't.

Basically if you like dickings around in Space Engine this is a really solid game.

By "hype", do you mean "things Sean Murray actually said"?

But seriously, it's all coming together. But I bet my backer package that they're still not going to meet deadlines. Lucky for me I'm not in any rush, actually need to get a decent desktop first

technically you can already do that. If you happen across some guy in a multi-crew ship who's no paying attention, you can just pop one of the airlocks open, hop in, and shoot him in the back of the head with your sidearm.

Thing is, ships currently self destruct after a few minutes if the owner is killed.It's like that to let people resummon their ships at the respawn station, since the whole insurance/piracy/etc. mechanics aren't implemented yet.

I've only seen a couple of interviews with him but he was pretty vague and made it clear that it was a work in progress and things might change in the ones I saw. He seemed like Molyneux light to me, the press is responsible for most of the hype.

It's like Black & White all over again, really liked that game too and it is still to this day very unique and daring even if it made people who bought into the hype incredibly buttsore.

Tears are going to fucking stream the moment Roberts implements the theft system.

So many 13 year olds conned out of their $800 birthday gifts.

oh my god, imagine the level of trolling you could do
imagine the fucking salt mines

From what I've read, insurance will replace stolen ships just as quickly as it will replace destroyed ships. I don't know how they plan to deal with in-game insurance fraud, though.
I think the tears of Chris Roberts will be even more delicious when he realizes people are gaming the system to copy/paste expensive cash ships to everyone in the galaxy for free.

Space Mafia

What if I told you there was an RPG coming set in the Endless Space Universe? :^)

Will it look good?

Hopefully, but only if Endless Space 2 does well :^)

Oh, it gets better. According to the stuff -outside- the movie, the Republics entire fleet was in that system at the time they fired Starkiller base.

The Republic was effectively wiped out in one shot. The resistance is all that is left. :^)

Unfortunately if you want the full story, you have to buy their selection of novels and comics. Like a good goy.

whats the game called user

Wrong, motherfucker. Kai is dead already, stanly died in hell, zev/xev died and was "replaced", Leika died too. Unless you count servitors and moths as a crew.

Yes. But they tied it up nicely with some minor plot.

No title yet

Okay then thanks user

And at least she has the fat ugly Mob matriarch thing down pact

Woha, who is this fluid druid?

This is the same shit I was saying regarding the supposed fall of the Empire. How fucking lazy are these writers?
Cutting off the head of a government doesn't make it magically change hands. It may fragment, it may mutate, but without a total military occupation it will still largely remain what it was before its leadership was destroyed.

They lost one single core solar system to Starkiller Base. I can't see them losing any other systems except for those hippie rim systems that prostrate themselves in whatever direction the wind is blowing.

FOR
WHAT
FUCKING
PURPOSE

Actually they did explain the fall of the Empire at least in old cannon, After Vader and Sheev death their was a large power vacuum with Moffs fighting, killing and betraying each other to try and take the throne and during that time the rebels would take system by system back from them whiles they were squabbling among themselves. Until the Empire came back better than ever with better Jedi than the Jedi Order. But the new republic sucks in any cannon.

Lexx was too weird for me, that shit left a mark on me.

Mah nigga, I watched that randomly while zapping under the effect of a fever because I had the flu. This was a weird experience.

The Expanse is pretty good as well.

So space enginners just recieved an update for the rotors/pistons.

archive.is/Iql5S

GIVE ME MORE OF HER PLEASE

Haven't gotten the time to test it yet.
Anyway.

They fix them in every other update. EVERY FUCKING TIME

I wanna belieeevee

meant for

See

I've seen the Fly 1 and the Thing, will try and find live Guyver, but I doubt my luck. It was body horror and the combination of the dystopian society they were in. Getting recycled because you were late to work too many times, just urgh. Weyland-Yultani being scum. The thing in Cube where they find out the facility was put together with no real thought or control just emerged out of a dysfunctional bureaucracy

I have a tiny bottle of legitimate Czech Absinthe waiting for something like this. It'll probably do fuck all though.

Post source you filthy tease.

This is sort of interesting, never really paid any attention to the marketing or press coverage but this seems more like a case of Toddism than a Molyneux type of Deal. Reminds me of Oblivion which had promo material that wasn't much like the final game at all or what's the name of that game that was GTA with hacking that got severely downgraded and changed.

Watch "it's pc only who cares" Dog

Yeah, right, Watch Dogs.

Anyhow, even if they did have to scrap simulationist parts of the game and other stuff that they sort of hinted at that never came to fruition I'm still having a lot of fun with NMS. It's pretty close to the game I've always dreamt of playing. It's not for everyone but it's a game in a niche I haven't seen a proper new game in for more than two decades.

Unfortunately just like Black & White was one of the last of the god sims I think this might be the swan song of procedural space exploration games even if it was never much of a genre to begin with. I doubt we will see anything like it anytime soon.

procedural generation is pretty shit most of the time any way

No debating that, handcrafted content is always superior to generated content but when you attempt something at larger scales it's not possible to do it all by hand. I find games with procedural content to be incredibly fascinating. For example, even though I don't really care for racing games it made me enjoy Fuel quite a lot. Back in the day it was one of the things that really made an impression on me when playing Elite and Starflight (although Starflight had many other things going for it).

There's also a lot of procedurally generated content in most titles these days you probably don't even notice, such as trees, rocks and what have you that are generated instead of individually crafted like they used to be. Heck, some animation is procedurally generated nowadays.

Sweet Jesus

I think Amplitude knows their audience.

Needs a line going to true newtonians like Independence War 1 and 2 and Elite 2 and 3.

It very much helps that their games are actually good. Even though I'm absolutely terrible at these kind of games.

It's funny cos she shares her name

It's not like there are a bunch of games where you get to explore a galaxy made by hand, let alone any where you get to fully explore a single solar system. Things like Space Engine wouldn't be possible without procedural content so it's not much of an argument.

Just keep playing star control 2

Was SC2 actually completely made by hand? It could have easily been generated, especially the planetary stuff.

I think the placement of minerals is the only procedural thing

Don't forget to make a new thread and link it

Did they really sell the fucking IP to Sega?
Okay, games dead.

Too much powertripping admins, rules, and furfags.

No, SEGA bought the company, it's the same devs and the game was being worked on before SEGA. Probably their last good game.

New Thread!

Endless Trips Edition!