DARK SOULS 3 DLC CONCEPT ART?

DARK SOULS 3 DLC CONCEPT ART?

More images here by Passion Republic who does concept art for DS3

passionrepublic.com/en/work.html#popup_portfolio_10

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wikidot.com/unused-content
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm getting Project Beast leaked footage vibes from this.

How is he holding that axe if he's only got tentacles and not fingers?

Getting some Aldrich's Age of Deep vibes from that.
Interesting stuff. I hope those first two are of Londor and that I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing.
And thanks for bringing the site to my knowledge.

Side note, I'm very intrigued by that Soulcalibur concept art (probably concept for SCV).

Queen Juniper definitely matches the description of the Queen of Lothric to the letter, but i hope they do more with Ocelotte rather than make him some demon Witcher 3 Lubberkin babby shitter. I hope that picture of the dragon has something to do with him, maybe some sort of epic humanoid / dragon fight to end the DLC - that would be fucking awesome

part of that is bottlenecking an attacking force to limit their ability to mass at your gate - as well as to funnel them into a kill box for archers / defensive emplacements

Cold magic when

never the special attack on the Pontiff Knight Curved Sword has frost magic attack similar to Magic Greatsword

not only is that art not on the website you linked, there's not a single concept art of dark souls 3 on that site
so what the fuck is this thread about

are you retarded?

a hurr durr derp

literally the second option in the link

Goddammit From has been teasing us with ice magic since the crown of the ivory king. I need my cryomancy fix.

Yeah, that asshole with the chain that can hit you all the way to Carthus is pretty retarded. :^)

I've been wondering if Breakdown is the expansion or expansions title.

Also, if you don't make an obvious approach to your fortress attackers will try to make their own entrance. If you control where attackers will approach from, you can focus your defenses and make an overall more effective fortification.

Realistically you want people to try to go through your defenses and fail to, not around them.

break me down daddy

I get that for drawbridges and thin pathways. But just look at the fort. Everything before the highest doorway is so open you may as well be a gentle sloped hill. Just looks like castle for castle's sake.

thats pretty much Dark Souls world design in general

Fifth pic looks like the kind of dumb weebshit you'd see in any generic JRPG, I hope they don't put it in.

I thought that was a reanimated Smough at first.

I imagine that the weapon was the top of his hammer's head, tied to chain because the hilt degraded away over time.

His armor doesn't even have breasts, why would you think that was smough?

i you just glance at the thumbnail i could see someone making the mistake

I liked DS3 the most out of the trilogy. It's no Bloodborne but I really enjoyed it.

The lack of poise makes it garbage beyond the first playthough.

once you learn how hyper armor works in DS3 it makes it more enjoybale when you understand when you can and can't be staggered with heavier weapons

but its not a proper substitute, but honestly if the game had poise the same way DS1 did the game would be an absolutely joke and i think it would make it even less enjoyable aside from changing the way PVP worked

he clearly has fingers you fuck

Hope they add a couple of unused things. Pics related in particular.

darksouls3.wikidot.com/unused-content

False. The game is already a joke. It's all boils down to getting the first hit in with PvE and doing dodge spam and 2-hit combos in PvP.

and with DS1 poise all you would have to do is stand in front of the enemy and press R1 with Carthus / bleed resin - you wouldn't even have to dodge at that point. Since the game is already easy enough once you play it once through

Are you forgetting that the enemy would have poise too? Are you actually retarded?

Also, you're implying that's not what the meta currently is. It's an issue of curved swords and bleed being OP (again).

poise would not fix the balance issues in the game, bosses already have "poise" - and can be staggered similar to how they work in Bloodborne. Adding DS1 poise to boss battles would make them an even bigger joke than they already are with roll spam, there would need to be a major re balance of damage and bleed before it would really "fix" anything with the game.

i don't know what would happen to PVP - because they'd have to get rid of hyper armor or adjust it in some way, so its hard to even imagine how the introduction of poise would change the meta, though Glory shield / estoc would probably still be meta beacuse you can't break a persons stamina with that shield on

Who gives a shit about bosses? PLAYERS need poise. The reason why souls games have had so much replayability is because of the PvP element. DS3 has the shallowest PvP by far, and is already dying because of it.

Here's a radical suggestion: rolling would be tremendously less effective with armor that boasts an appreciable amount of poise.
You might even call it a "trade off."

Bloodborne has the shallowest PVP by far if its included - if you're only speaking about PVP then yes it could use some form of poise - because in its current form PVP suffers from some of the same problems as BB - which is worse

if poise were added in DS3 without adjusting the weight limits there wouldn't be a trade off because the cap for fat rolling is 70% - with 20 vit, havels, and FAP there's very little trade off to fast rolling with very heavy armor and a straight sword / curved sword

The cutoff values for rolling would obviously be adjusted.

then its a major balance overhaul, and not poise alone

I'm suggesting an alteration to three lines of code. This is hardly major and is in fact what the game should have been the whole time. They even programmed it into the game. It's really not that hard
on
25%
50%
Major overhaul complete.

so you want dark souls 1

rolls currently are 30 and 70% in DS3

As far as poise is concerned, yes.

Yes they are.

how would that improve the game in any way still? If that was the only change made towards poise the game would simply be easier in regards to PvE - especially with high damage absorption and the amount of health you have while embered

Does DaSIII get better after the high wall? My cousin has it and he insists this is the case. I got fed up with the transform-into-a-turd monsters and the way the enemies had more moves but you barely did to put up with it. The game looked really clean and I wasn't sure what to think of it.

try firebombs against it

It'd be more fun, nigger. Single player is going to be easy no matter what you do with poise.
DaS1 was easy whether you were a beefed up poise machine or naked rolly man. In fact it was arguably easier to play as a nimble type that can evade all damage rather than tanking it, especially when it comes to boss fights.
DaS3 essentially forces you to play the easier way by encouraging rolling and by giving no poise benefits but all the downsides of heavy armor.
Is it really so objectionable for some people to have fun playing as walking mountains of metal because it might, by some convoluted thought process, make it easier than rolling to avoid all damage?

I beat the first boss, mayn. I'm just asking.

Yes it gets better after High Wall. The area right after the wall is probably the best in the game since its just super open and full of optional stuff. After that it's ups and downs but most of the downs are thankfully really short.

i would rather them have added a system of poise that was adjusted from DS1 than simply have gotten rid of it altogether and tried to put a bandaid on the wound with hyper armor. Poise needed a nerf in DS1 simply because it let you tank through practically anything in the game, even as far as tanking an Ultra Greatweapon to the face and walking through it. Heavy armor needs more of a use in DS3 for sure - but not to the excess that it was in DS1

if they wanted to just get rid of it then they should have made the game more like bloodborne and have significantly more aggressive enemies and reworked the game more - as it is, its not a happy middle ground

I knew it, I fucking knew this was going to end up with Abberations and horrific monstrosities from beyond space and time brought forth to bring their cosmic life to a world of undeath via fission The cosmic Great old one process of passing through countless forms of radiation space dust and unknown substances on foreign earths, star, moons and suns combined with the tearing of reality by their summoning or coming via transportartion by Yog-sothoth, or by way of their own spells, discarding tiny or large cellular matter in the process of a multitude of other incalculable factors that cause such matter to spontaniously become other lifeforms from this chaotic mass either singular as true offspring or entire spawn-like races that serve the progenitor, or even literall entire species and sub species on the go.

Are you ready for Mind flayers, Aboleth's Grell, Shoggoths that are actually shoggoths with no additives, !notbeholders Never stoped AdventureQuest and Dragon's Dogma.

So we agree that we need poise to stop a repeat of the tyranny of scimitars, as in Demon's souls. Thats all I'm asking for.

yes, but i don't believe that changing poise is the end all be all solution to the problems in DS3

If not for te sluglike form, that's pretty shoggoth,.

Pic 5 looks Giger as fuck.

Makes me want to see a From game influenced by 80s sci-fi and Giger, the same way Bloodborne was influenced by Victorian-era shit and Lovecraft.

OH YEAH

WHO'S READY TO KILL SOME DEEP AGE FUCKING SHITS?

i wonder if the first or the second DLC will focus on the shit from the deep - since the art for the two of them seem to diverge a bit

This looks like Bloodborne content. Don't tell me they're just scraping the leftovers over to Dark Souls.

DaS3 is the previous four games indiscriminately thrown in a blender in the first place

Can't really argue with you on that point.

Man, that fucker got me that first time. It wa sa good set up with him all slow, then he just clears that last gap.

I kinda got board with Darksouls 3 but I'm thinking of going back to it. I don't know if I'm just board of the formula, or thats its just not as good.

If you were one of the people that played DS1 to death trying out all the different weapons because of the different movesets, you're going to get bored quickly because that unkown aspect of them has already been taken considering most weapon movesets are like for like. It also doesn't help that DS3 doesn't branch off like DS1 did (first time you land at Firelink you have a choice of eight bosses you want to do first). So in my mind you probably got bored quickly because it's familiar, plus it being less open gives you less options to get maximum replay out of it.

Great, more Blooborne-shit.

Here's another great tip on how to be a meta wiz kid. Take this bag of sticks and arrange it into your favorite build.

pontiff can suck my dick. he's a pain in the ass solo because they changed the parry so much from ds1, it's literal prediction now instead of skill because you have to throw it soooo far ahead of anything

i wish the ice rapier(CSR) wasn't shit in the game, along with the MLG.
both in terms of their move-set's ineffectiveness and their stats being shit.
also, why did none of the left-handed great-sword move-sets make it into DS3?

this is why i hate when people bitch about the reiteration of the series, from a gameplay perspective its a good thing because it allows a broadening of systems by simply rolling past development into future games.
you know, like we do in reality to advance as a race?

Not to mention DS1 & 2 had dozens of combinations you could use for weapons that would be viable, whereas DS3 only has a few due to making anything really fast or really slow unviable with their poise changes and making anything but a few class type weapons shit to use.

God I wanted DS3 to be good so bad, but instead we got the welfare version of Bloodborne.

fuck off with that already

Bloodborne is made on Souls leftovers.
Fucking imbeciles.

And that's your lot. I can't get higher resolutions for some reason, that site has some crazy copy protection.

These designs look cool as shit. I hope they make it into the DLC and we can unlock that armor and hammer.

Meant to point out the second pic in the last post. The dude carrying the pope in his chest.

AFAIK Juniper is meant to be Gwynevere. I really hope not as I'm looking forward to battling her in her glory with angel wings. I think if Miyazaki goes for this look it will just come across as some generic design. I mean she looks no different than those Irithyll Pontiff Knights.

>St Lucious, Pope of the very Basilica of Constantine, no DS scale, cross; admittedly references undead, but also 'souls of the underworld,' of which there is none in any metaphysical sense in Dark Souls
This is pure speculation, but don't these all seem rather peculiar? As I recall, Kadokawa had announced three things for TGS, a dark fantasy game that isn't Dark Souls, a revival of an old FromSoft RPG, and something on completely new ground. Both the former and latter could fit the look of this… something. They COULD fit into Dark Souls, but I'm skeptical.

Is this one of FromSoft's new projects? Is this CRUSADER SOULS?

More like the Sable Church of Londor DLC which just so happens to be pretty much Christianity with spooky ashen shit

That was my first thought, yes, although how much of the Sable Church is Christian is dubious; all we know is that the priests & priestesses are all spooky swashbucklers, that they like to butcher people with leper masked fellows, and that they've inherited some hexes & one Velkan miracle in Vow of Silence.

But the Horsemen are very explicitly Christian. The astrological demons don't vibe with the usual DS monsters. The Judge, a big inquisitorial man with a big inquisitorial hammer, got his shit wrecked by dirt farmers and was subsequently lynched, de-hearted and buried; the closest thing to a still-extant village in Souls was the miserable Undead Settlement.

The Fallen Seraphim was the one I really had to do a double take with; 'rotting to ashes' made me think that it must be some Londor nonsense, and additionally linked to Gertrudes' Angelic heresy. But the curse of 'blood of the innocent' seems out of place in the universe, and it was banished from a concretely extant heaven. Not just 'the high heavens,' or 'the heavens,' Heaven, as a singular concept-place.

The three men of the Judgement Tree were killed for being falsely accused as sodomites and stoned, these are explicitly Biblical. Saint Lucious is a Pope named for a real Basilica; unless they're reneging on the Archdeacon title being the universe's (albeit nonsingular) not-Pope, or mistranslated it, then this is pretty explicitly Christian. Crucifixion all over. Dark witches, not as podunk sorcery practitioners, but country-ruining low fantasy shitwreckers.

I'd keep an eye out at TGS. There's no guarantee, but From might be doing something really cool. Certainly, this is something to do with From, as all the concept art blocks seem to be IP or company-linked minigalleries. If we finally get a game where you can fight giant flaming interleaved rings covered in laser eyes, I'll be happy.

Damn cool enemy designs.

Environments look bland.

Dragons in Souls-settings are just really powerful beings that transformed without falling for the light-dark, chaos-crystal false dichotomy meme.

It might be a human that has tried to transform into a dragon. The theme of humans working towards becoming dragons is present in Dark Souls, but they always fuck it up and become weird, kinda dragon resembling monsters.

I makes sense that the original dragons were synthesized as well. Look at the enemy pic, it shares elements exact to the Stone Dragon in Dark Souls 1, which was apparently a golem to pass on the original dragons' legacy in form of the transformation. Also, the already noted gigerism in the design. The Alien is also a relic of the past, a pure but amoral killer. It looks like an undead natural beast, but is probably artificially created as well. A biomech. Then note how every Souls-game has had a major theme of people creating and transmuting life.

Nigga what are you talking about? Where are getting this idea that the original dragons were created by someone.

They must've come from somewhere. Nothing evolves to just sit around eternally. They were mortal at some point. It's common sense. They were a society that ascended to dragonhood and somehow managed to build a long-lasting balance in the world. Then someone decided enough is enough and tipped the balance, leading to Dark Souls series.

no buzzsaw blade no buy

Well hello there Queen of Smiles

I can't help but wonder what it would be like if the studio made a legit mmo. Well the japs aren't into mmos but dragon's dogma at least seems more interesting than anything the west or koreans have put out minus BDO lately.

This

What

Oh don't worry dragon's dogma online takes anything good about the single player game and ruins it

So it's just your fan fiction, gotcha.

He's retarded and is acting like his furry fan fiction is real canon.

Common sense. I guess you could argue hurr durr magic, effect without cause, but that's just fucking stupid.

was there anything good about Dragon's Dogma?

Or you know, how the actual lore explains it? It says that they were the ancient creatures, and that gods and humans and all that came after them.

Like it's LITERALLY stated in the opening video of Dark Souls 1 that at first only dragons existed in the world. They were the first and only creatures, so nobody created them obviously.

That doesn't conflict it.

This art remind me Disciples 2

Just remembered that the name "Juniper" is mentioned in the DaS DLC when talking to Chester.
Oh for Juniper's sake! Put more spring into your step…

That said, as already pointed out, a lot of this stuff seems to be for a new IP. Why a lot have a Faraam Knight for reference is beyond me.

Also, there was was the grey world. Things of such complexity don't pop out of nothingness. Why would they have teeth? Why would they breath fire if they had no adversaries? Such is how nature works. Do they teach this stuff at elementary school for you?

God damn it

You're applying real world logic to a universe that doesn't confine itself to the same rules. And yes things of complexity do pop out of nothingness in the Dark Souls universe, the Gaping Dragon is a great axample of this with it's mutation.

The names Juniper and Gwynevere are synonymous with each other.And they're gonna use that baby smashing audio yet.

how about what the lore says
dragons mutated when man got the lord souls and disparity between life and death came about

The Gaping Dragon has that vagina chest from crawling through Blighttown Swamp, it wasn't always like that.

Not quite. Per the Design Works and an interview on them, the Gaping Dragon's body split into a gigantic mouth because of the introduction of Disparity wrecking its shit. It became consumed by gluttony and started eating shit to try and sate its constant starvation. Literal shit, as it were. This is the result of the synthesis of the later loose cosmology with a very early stage of conceptual development where the game was going to be centered around seven dragons representing the mortal sins; none of the rest made it, but the Gaping Dragon was too good to not use. You can extrapolate that the rest of pseudo-dragonkind resulted from similar mutations, or the revival of the mutilated corpses of stone dragons turned to flesh, unwhole, resulting in drakes, hydras, so on, but that's just headcanon so far.

Likewise, while there's the potential that there was an age before the Age of Ancients in which some beings transmuted themselves into Everlasting Dragons, there's nothing to explicitly suggest this and it isn't overly important to the cosmology. Dragons are something between an elemental and a bodhisattva; they just exist in a state totally apart from material being, even if they manifest in it. They're a default, devoid of everything that came after them unless they've been tainted by it. And furthermore, on this quibble of 'they have fire breath, so that means they must've synthesized light & dark!' I have to note that Kalameet, first and last of the proper Everlasting Dragons the player fights, deals out magic damage with his breath, not fire, suggesting some other metaphysical force in line with soul sorceries. Additionally, Sinh is a Stone Dragon, but not an Everlasting Dragon proper, so his fire damage isn't anything to speak of either.

I've always thought Kalameet was tainted by the dark/abyss which is why he's black and spits black. Considering the dark element wasn't implemented properly in DS1 (because I'm sure the Four Kings would have been made of the dark rather than magic) I think that's the reason why he deals magic damage. Still spitting magic is in line with Seath.

It's raw Soul nonsense, if you ask me. Stagnant souls, at that, hence being a blackish yellow-bordered smoke instead of clear blue or blue-white. But, headcanon. As for his being black colored, that's just a handmedown of being another incarnation of Guyras in all but name, along with the cyclopian eye.

Wait what? When did the lore change? Thought dragons were just there when the world existed. Or are you talking about the experimental hybrids?

Fucking what? That is stated nowhere.

Dragons and the great trees are just the furthest known point in history in Dark Souls 1. If the world just poofed into existence randomly then what caused it? What would be the reason dragons poofed without a proper cause as well?

I don't know. Why does anything happen in a creation myth were something appears from somewhere or other and does something or other? That's rather how creation myths work, at the outset. Furthermore, the dragon as representative of the primordial something cast down by the head of a pantheon is old as time itself. It's the chaoskampf.

Has anyone else noticed that you can actually see the Deep in game? It's at the Cathedral of the Deep, you can see it clearly from the outdoor balcony near the first elevator.