Tabletop Simulator Thread

Not giving GW any of your money edition

If any of you nigs have Tabletop Sim, I'm hosting a server.

Name: Infinity
Pass: quesocheese

If that server gets full, any of you are welcome to also host, as long as you keep the password the same, and the name something one of us would recognize.

Let's play some fukkin gaems.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647361085
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ZtYzAeNmwkOFpJTHE5ZW82SGs/view?usp=sharing
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64560&hilit=tabletop simulator&start=705
files.catbox.moe/dglqe7.rar
www37.zippyshare.com/v/tMmqsT8g/file.html
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=62935
files.catbox.moe/c12ofp.zip
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64560
docs.google.com/document/d/1N-XBROg1yK7syj3NjRXnfKlz71S_-H7VChq3y6dh51E/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If this is still up tomorrow I'll join in. I have to wake up in the morning so I can't stay up doing this shit

If it isn't, I'm sure someone else can host one using that name and password.

As of right now I'm setting up some motherfuckin' Heroscape.

I hope more warhammer mods hit the workshop, just wish there was more chaos/renegade stuff.

Whats going on here?

That's just a 40k battle I played with a friend a while back over Tabletop Sim. Was pretty fun.

So im guessing we have to buy this software?

Does it work with Vive?

Well, yeah. But it's basically the last traditional game you'd ever have to buy. The workshop is loaded with plenty of bootleg board games, card games, RPG's, whatever.

Yes.

Why? I mean, I know they didn't have the proper tech back in the day so you had to use the dice roll shit, but games have moved on since then. Most of these old rpgs have aged like milk. There is literally no skill involved whatsoever to play them, not to mention the fact that they are incredibly boring looking as well. Action combat is the best thing to happen to the game industry. Now we don't have to rely on the game to calculate our damage for us, we can do it all ourselves. Plus, action combat is kick, fucking ass (incredibly aesthetically pleasing), and it takes some actual skill as well. Most of you stick with your artificial difficulty games where the stats do everything because you know you would get your ass whipped in an action RPG. Time to get with the time, fellas.

Sage for shit thread. Check em'

how the fuck do you play 40k on it accurately anyways?

Is there singleplayer? Can you do RPGs with it?

Hold Tab while holding Left Mouse, bam. Instant Measuring Tape.

There IS singleplayer, but there's no AI, so it's basically pointless. And yes.

Nice downboat

Hm. Well, that's okay I guess. How hard is it to make your own systems in this?

10/10 you actually made me kind of mad

shit nigga I didn't know that
Haven't played since 5th Edition and I stopped partly due to GW shitting the bed, I didn't really mind the price but I could get back into it because of this. Is 6th Edition (at least the codexes) as awful as /tg/ are saying?

Technically there's hotseating if you've got friends but you won't play games where you'd have to hide information in that case.
Making your own system is pretty easy since all it really is is a physics sandbox with the tools used to play table top games properly. There's LUA scripting as well if you wanna get into advanced things.

Is this a good place to start playing these for the first time?

nice comeback ;)

Yes, you will not be able to play with other people if you pirate it

It's how I did it. So why not?

How advanced can I make an RPG system in this?

Can you create custom gamemodes?

If it works on an IRL table, it'll work here as well unless it's a game dependent on scripts.

Absolutely. How else would there be hundreds of bootleg board games on the workshop?
Also pic of the heroscape map, on the server.

Shame I have to pirate it. I'd love to adapt my RPG system and test it online so I know it works.

You can make just about any game you can think of.

Even Atmosfear/Nightmare and other VHS board games work.

Would there be interest in playing pic related?

Sure. I will warn you that SJG has been really anal about taking down workshop items of their games, at least with Munchkin.

But you can create a custom game mode and have it uploaded somewhere else right? I'm assuming the gamemodes are in folders of the game's directory.

That is true, yes.

At $20 without sales, it's cheaper than a pretty good chunk of /tg/ stuff, especially Warhammer and discontinued shit like Heroscape.

Of course there would be.

But this user is right , they do get pretty anal about their games being uploaded to the workshop so be careful, I had a takedown notice from Hasbro for Monopoly.

Yes, so don't panic if your shit gets taken down. As long as you have the files needed and upload them elsewhere, then you won't need to give a shit about those clowns trying to send C&Ds

You technically don't need any files on your computer, most things on the workshop are made by creating custom items that take image or model data from external URLs like image hosts or pastebin, so you can play games with anyone even if they don't have the files themselves.

Oh boy, about to battle user

It's under $10 on G2A right now, in fact.

user had to leave, so now's as good a time as any to pick another game. How do you goys feel about Texas Hold Em?

Reversi-user, you're alright.

Even though you're bad at Reversi.

and you call yourselves "gaming experience enthusiasts".

Are you still on? I've got time to kill now.

I was about to head to bed actually, it's like 4:30 AM here.
I will be back, though.

how the fuck is this game

explain in 5 words or less autitst

Oh. Good night user.
I guess I'll just work on refining my game a bit more.

Speak English you fucking Mexican

I'm back, and so is the server.

Is there a non-Steam(ing pile of shit) version?

Unfortunately not. Besides, the Steam Workshop is the main thing that makes the game so great.

I've been experimenting ripping out models and textures from games to shove them into tabletop simulator. Thanks to blender and a couple of steaming piles of hot bullshit, i can get monsters and objects from Torchlight and Neverwinter Nights 2 into the game, to use later for roleplaying games in combat scenarios. I want to do the same with a few other games, but they're in the unity ASSETS format. Anyone has any experience dealing with that stuff?

I don't. But that is some spectacular ripping work. Keep it up!

So DoW3 might be actually good for something! Although they might fuck up the graphics so much that 2 is a superior option.

Yeah. Dawn of War is where most of the models come from for 40k games.

Also, we're watching Youtube Poops via tablet.

Now that I think about it, recreating Battlefleet Gothic is also an option, thanks to Battlefleet Gothic Armada. And I guess the program can handle Epic 40k even if you use DoW models. Oh, the possibilities…

I don't know what to do with this information.

I downloaded it to give it a look to see how possible it would be to get the files out. Turns out it uses one large PAK file to store its shit, that's a surprisingly old format file used by like quake 2 and half life. Getting the files out is easy, but the content is in unreal ( *.UASSET files) I have never used unreal stuff, but in theory, you should be able to open those things with unreal engine 4, export it on some other format Blender can take, and then convert them into obj using Blender.

Sounds like a hassle, but then again, what i do with Torchlight and nwn2 is kind of the same deal.

BAAAAAAAAANEEEEEBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADEEE

Holy fuck, this collection…
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647361085

About to play some Risk Legacy on the server, if anyone wants to watch/join.

Well i've got the pirate version working, but its 7.8.1. Also i would need the server ip because it only allows for direct connect. Have a bump though.

Thanks for the bump!
If you can connect, 174.106.83.254:25565
Also, just finished Risk Legacy, check out these dank screencaps.

Dang, no dice. Maybe our versions mismatch? Oh well. Maybe i'll be able to catch up later with you guys.

Well, to be fair, I stopped hosting right after that post. I'll put it up later, then you can try.

Server's back up, if pirateanon wants to try again.

Holy shit it just werks. But our versions don't match. I'll have to wait a bit until those steampirate wizards update the game. Hope you'll still be up for some tabletop simulator by then.

This crazy motherfucker modded in Dragon Dice into TTS and did a demo video of it and then refused to release it to the public unless the devs issued him a public apology. Autistic doesn't even begin to cover this wonderful retard.

Wat. Holy shit.

sheeit

SHIT

I think he must have deleted or hid the video but you can see him mentioning making a dice model for Table Top Simulator. I wish I would have saved that video.

Since all the ones on the workshop suck, I'm going to be making a better set of the Illuminati card game. There's only about 500 cards so it shouldn't take long.

Nice! I'm starting up the server now to try out some Pocket Tactics.

Here are some of the cards, I'm remaking most from scratch due to how bad most scans of the cards are and so far am being as true to the source as possible.

That being said, would anyone have a problem with putting in custom images/artwork for some cards that have been poorly scanned?

like this, not sure how tacky it would be to have a half and half playing set

Can it simulate playing board games alone?

I like it.
If nothing else, it sure as hell beats pictures that are artifacted to shit.

I want to, but it feels like I'm corrupting the original deck. The artifacts don't look that bad ingame.

Man I'm really bad at coming when games are happening.

Have another bump. Hopefully we will have another thread if this one gets pruned.

Just realize that there's multiple versions of Illuminati and the cards I made aren't for the version that's more popularly known.

Bumping.

Even better, you can do BAttletech

This is the primary genre after sims that will be great one VR gets a little better. No need to walk removes most of the drawbacks and it would look cool as fuck.

Risk Legacy Round 4 starting soon, will post results.

We did it.
We glassed the Middle East.

Round 4 in a nutshell:
The Middle East is now a nuclear wasteland thanks to Die Mechaniker, Mutants from said wasteland form a faction, the major city of "THE WALL" springs up in the continent of "MAGA"

Would love to play. I gotta work pretty solidly for the next three days so I hope this thread is still around then.

To be honest, this particular Risk Legacy game has kinda been a circlejerk among me and some friends. However, I could start a second one, open to all anons, if there's any interest…

Can I pirate this and play it on a crap Linux computer that's 6 years old and was out dated at the time

I think so? Though you'll be missing out without the Steam Workshop.

What are the software requirements, anything higher than 2 gig of ram and an Intel Atom

It's physics based, so you probably can't run it.
It even slows down sometimes on my i7-4760.

I'm currently in the process of making a tabletop wargame, specifically designed for Tabletop Simulator. I'm planning to make it have a custom faction/unit creation system, too.

Illuminati eventually

Why not just go AGDG?

Because I feel like filling a different niche.

Oh shit is there a Shadow of the Demon Lord module on this?

how easy is it to play games that aren't D&D and pathfinder?

Truth be told, in terms of actual pen and paper RPGs, you're better off with Roll20. But for everything else /tg/-related, this is best.

I saw that edit there

And not the druid one?

any multiplayer torrents working?

Youll have to wait a bit until a patch for the current version is released. Latest update is 7.9 and cracked version is still 7.8.1. Setting it up to work is a bit of a hassle though. I'll link the forum thread when an update is released.

So the pirate version got updated, now if only host-user would kindly host another game so i can test the mp.

Here's where i got the 7.6 version.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ZtYzAeNmwkOFpJTHE5ZW82SGs/view?usp=sharing

Its from this thread

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64560&hilit=tabletop simulator&start=705

In the same thread you'll find updates and some files that youll need. Install them accordingly. Here's an update that's in an attachment (won't fuckin let me upload so heres a link)

files.catbox.moe/dglqe7.rar

so you don't need to make an acc to dl it. Youll need these files for the emulator, same thread as well

www37.zippyshare.com/v/tMmqsT8g/file.html

Then you'll need an emulator, i recommend this one

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=62935

Install everything in order (7.6>7.7>…), set up the emulator (i recommend using the SSELauncher, its piss easy to edit the needed values instead of fucking around with ini files) and you should be good to go.

Shit forgot to include the latest patch which is also only in an attachment.

files.catbox.moe/c12ofp.zip

Patch listing is at the beginning of the thread, if you didn't find them already.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64560

The software is literally 1/5th the price of a single warhammer 40k figurine from games workshop

Yep. I'm amazed all these people are going through this hassle to pirate it.

here. Still working on my wargame. Tempted to link the manual so far, so anons can help me fill in some niches for Qualities and shit.

Sure thing man. We could do a test run if you'd like.

Oh all right. Just bear in mind it's only about a few hours of solid work.

docs.google.com/document/d/1N-XBROg1yK7syj3NjRXnfKlz71S_-H7VChq3y6dh51E/edit?usp=sharing

Currently what it's missing are more qualities, especially for weapons. Once we fill those holes, we can work on factions.

Well so far so good. Dunno why you choose 4 as the number for the dice rolls to be compared to, that thing might need to be changed if and when bigger numbers come into play. Might even be possible to make units that are unbeateable (put all points into def or dur) but yeah. Or make units ridiculously op.
Maybe you need some other way to calculate this number, and not a set number? Also how would you solve initiative (who attacks/moves first?).

As for the equipment, you could try some utility stuff. Like stealth equipment, which is expensive, but if you have fast units you could use them to get in and out quickly and do some damage. Or mines/explosives, which help against said stealth units because you could make certain paths unaccesible. You could go on with this for quite a while, but i think you should focus on the core stuff i mentioned for now.

Obviously im making these conclusions based on an early draft (how many points do you get to design all the units? how many different units can you design? etc etc) so sorry if i come of too harsh.

I chose 4 because the formula is d6 + attacker's stat - defender's stat, meaning if they have the same number as that stat, it's a 50-50 chance.

Also, don't worry about being too harsh. Too harsh would be writing it off as shit without explaining why.

so is this some super comfy shared game room where you can see other people's games being played simultaneously or does there have to be separate servers or whatever for every game?

everyone plays on one singular digital board
you can change games or import more than one onto the same table if you know how but generally you would save the game you're playing and load the new one, sharing the space isn't easy, so no such comfy
still pretty fun and comfy either way though

Oh ok. Im just worried with exploiting stuff, based on how much points you have available. Say if you have fast, first-attack units, just pump em full of attack and you have your suicide bombers. That kinda sounds cool now that i think of it, just what are your thoughts on limiting the abusability of such things?

I guess the number of points available should be detirmined by which faction you choose? And factions should have some qualities that nudge the player to play in a specific way? Im putting a lot of attention here because i feel the point distribution greatly affects if the game feels balanced or easily exploitable.

The number of points available is based on the individual battle, basically. Like, if it's a 100-point battle, then you could have ten models worth 10 points each, four models worth 25 points each, and so on.

Well cool. We should playtest it, see how it goes. How many players did you intend for this game to support?

2-4, possibly even more. I'll have to make a workshop item later on too.

Does anyone have a list of all W40K and Fantasy armies available on the workshop? The search feature is rather shit so I'm not sure if I'm finding all warhammer stuff on there.

Any games today guys?