How in god's name did we go from the unfun Terraria-Minecraft-other flavor of the month building block game clone...

How in god's name did we go from the unfun Terraria-Minecraft-other flavor of the month building block game clone Steamworld Dig to the actually FUN XCOM-lite Steamworld Heist?

Is it as short as it's looking? Just found out that the Rippers are made from salvaging dead Cowbots and that causes insanity because they should be free to choose their parts or whatever? I don't get it completely but this is a pretty cool setting for steampunk shit and apparently, I have 14-ish more reputation stars until I have all 45. Will that number suddenly go up after a plot twist or is it gonna end soon?

Is there a chart for Steamworld like the DOOM WADs/Thief mods charts? Heist is actually making me curious, though I'm worried they're all Dig-tier.

I liked steamworld dig

I didn't. Guess it's just not my kind of game.

Do you carry a sticky note to remind yourself to breath? I can't imagine living with such a crippling amount of stupidity.
Please stop posting on this board anytime. It's dumb enough without mouthbreathers like you.

Hey when's Heist 2? That's actually good!

nope

Reminder that Ivanski is the best bot and fuck the queen fight. Load of bullshit.

After your 45 reps you go to a new area where you start to fight the empire and then ayys

The ayys is when the game really gets good. The weapons start getting real meaty and have some cool gimmicks like triple shot and full auto smgs and shit.

Oh man that's actually great to hear, I already love this game so I'm hyped as FUCK!

Practice aiming without a laser sight. You'll need it since most of the decent weapons don't have it or have it incredibly short.
Or just buy one of those free shot 2 damage derringers and use it when you're not too sure where you're aiming to trace your shot.

Sharpshooter weapons get outclassed? That sucks to haer.

You mean the Sushi thing, right? Saw those at the store past the farmer's planet thing, good to know they're worth a buy.

Being able to shoot when not moving was a hassle especially when I never got my hands on a good sharpshooter weapon.

So unlike XCOM they don't get enough to make up for not being able to run and gun? That's lame. The old Sharpshooter you get with the strongman bot seemed he'd kick ass, because his skill boosts attack if you shoot without moving. Money for nothing, y'know.

Their whole gimmick(For sniper weapons) is that they get +2/3/4 crits and a laser sight long enough for you to be able to headshot with(headshots have a significantly higher chance to crit)
Thing is though I never really had the itch to use a sniper over someone who could move fast and double shot.

You might find use in them if you get radioactive bullets but then again that item is A++++ on anyone and everyone.

Anyways the reason why not being able to move and shoot is a hassle is because a lot of the later levels start you off with spawning enemies that you can't one shot(at least on the highest and second highest difficulties) and you have to keep moving while taking potshots to slow pursuers down, or bosses that keep spawning annoying enemies from a lot of spawn points. In these missions you'll rarely find a good safe spot to have your sniper be able to take out these enemies as well as take shots at the boss.

Anyways the reason why not being able to move and shoot is a hassle is because a lot of the later levels start you off with spawning enemies that you can't one shot(at least on the highest and second highest difficulties) and you have to keep moving while taking potshots to slow pursuers down, or bosses that keep spawning annoying enemies from a lot of spawn points. In these missions you'll rarely find a good safe spot to have your sniper be able to take out these enemies as well as take shots at the boss.

I actually completed steamworld dig on the ps4 should i play heist or wait?

Play it

the fuck is motherlode?
does it bother you that i dont know what that is?

oh by the way, if youre enjoying this give worms a look, as in worms armageddon/world party or whatever

The first game in this series wasn't like terraria at all.
It actually had much more in common with metroid.
Both the first game and this sequel are good.
Both aren't perfect, they have limitations and are a little rough around the edges.

I legit pity you, user.

Good to know World Party is worth playing, though!

I haven't heard shit about Terraria in a long time, so I can only assume it was one

I really enjoyed SteamWorld Dig a lot, just something nice about the 2D digging down and then gaining new abilities to make faster passages ways felt pretty satisfying.

Have never heard of Motherlode till now, but after playing the demo I can see the similarities between the two.

Brought Heist on Christmas last year because of the 3DS launch discount and exclusive theme (and trusted the dev's to make a good game). And it turned out to be a pretty good game.

The best character writing in the game is from that Blubber/melee class guy. Everything he says is always short, to the point and contains no SJW pandering or anything like it. Anyone else agree?

The whaler from the beginning or the strongman you get with reputation?

I'm just fighting the empire and the weapons are getting cool. Holy shit I am so hyped to get further in this game, and for once it's not because I'm sick of it. Thank you.

This is legit some of the most fun I had in years.

If the boss fight at the end of the empire annoys the holy fuck out of you like it did me, go ahead and lower the difficulty because it's bullshit.

I know who you're talking about and I agree.

m-muh experience boost
Is there anything as godly as Piper's area heal, in terms of stuff you get from leveling up? Or is it not as important as getting gallons and better gear?

Billy Gill. Had to check it, I thought Blubber was his middle or nick name. Looks like I was wrong there. (Not Seabrass or Bogdan the Great Ivanski as you mentioned).

Speaking Ivanski, the first time I failed a mission was with him. Shot the final enemy at the final loot room with a rocket at near point blank range and learnt the hard way it caused splash damage that can hurt the user (or kill with low health).

Kinda wish the game could have had a target range to see how different weapons perform. But that probably would have allowed players too easy access to learn how to abuse trick shots or something.

Beatrix, the soldier Sentry that uses explosives, got a skill that reduces self-inflicted explosive damage to one. Handy considering her maybe him, I can't tell. the game seems strangely vague about it and I thought Piper was a guy at first 10 damage special.

Also I sincerely hope this was a solo mission. If you don't go for no casualties on every mission, we can't be friends.

literally what

How?She has pigtails and some obvious hips on her

I didn't even notice.

great now I want to fuck a robot, why did you point out H I P S

F U C K Y O U
U
C
K

Y
O
U

See, the difference is that Motherload is fun and not a piece of shit that I pay $0 for and still feel ripped off.

The Low Road soon

I wonder if Motherload went the Last Stand route of sequels.

Not sure what you mean. Like, they made two bad games and then a sort of okay game that quickly went to shit, then a Farmville-like "pay up if you don't want to wait" "game?" Can't remember if that was The Walking Dead or The Last Stand but either way it sucked Or just had a lot of sequels?

It didn't, as far as I know, but it had a commercial release. It's on PS4 and Steam

Farmville. Also I'm going to go look up that commercial release.