Admiral Purple Hair honestly did nothing wrong

Admiral Purple Hair honestly did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Hidalgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh fuck you Hidalgo for ruining the lore.

It's purple purp purple purp purple and swallow it down
With the yurple yip yurple yip yurples
It's going down!

When she's a dumb cunt who got almost everyone killed.

Tbh she was the best character for the 9/11 thing, it was a pretty funny scene in the context and made me like her over the rest of the poorly written fucknuts in the film.

To be fair at least now that Kylo's the leader of the First Order they're less worse off than the First Order.

She was honestly written and meant as a tumblr-tier feminist whos only purpose was to denigrate and emasculate the initiative taking man of action. It is further reinforced when she has her "girls only" moment with fake Leia even though we've never seen her mentioned before anywhere in the lore, not even in ep VII.

Can't even be mad because it was so transparent.

he is right though. The nitpick people have that "why didn't she just tell him what her plan was?" is laughably retarded. It's the same tv-show tier shit writing that everyone on reddit wants these days, that they need to spell out there's probably a spy or at least many First Order sympathizers on board because apparently people are too retarded to use common sense.

Well she certainly did nothing. Her last action basically amounted to driving badly.

Both Holdo and Leia don't act like admirals. Leia is literally slapping her own allies and stunning them without even giving an option to surrender. Holdo withstands from revealing important information to the crew that would've boosted the crew's morale, something that an admiral should take into account.

Are you saying two women can't be friends and snarky, sweetie?

>quite clearly a self insert of the (((writer)))

A few normie friends stopped talking to me a while ago cus they couldn't stand how smug i was as i threw shit to TFA while predicting the poz that would come up in the sequel
then this movie comes out
i can imagine them witrh the face of the crying wojak imagining me with the face of a smug pepe

You must think highly of yourself. Star Wars isn't good but TLJ was pretty decent.

Ironicposting is killing Holla Forums

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Hidalgo

suck a dick pablo don't act like the scene wasn't designed to "put the man in his place"

The only thing that was holding that "resistance" together, or whatever the hell it was suppose to be, was Leia heroic status. mutiny should have been an expected out come, and purple hair did nothing to prevent it. Hell executing an insubordinate officer would have been a better idea.
So basically this whole movie. Purple hair was blatant bait but she highlights just how awful the writing is. Hell, that plan was still awful since it basically depended on the First Order not double checking, the area, or sending out any fighters or bombs, like they did last time.

Star Wars dies with a kino, Pottery.

Next level shit

Poe was demoted.

Star War's bar was pretty low after having only one good movie, Revenge of the Sith in over 30 years

Men and women mate, but live in separate worlds. Two separate societies on the same planet.
When you look at it, female society is nothing but a more primitive and naive male society. Power thrills them, to seek power is the ultimate goal. But failure has not yet built in them any code of honor and empathy, for they are sheltered from consequence by men taking the fall for them. Old men society can be gritty, but also wise not to let cheap thrills ruin the party for everyone.

She did take it into account but all anyone needs to do is radio the other ship saying 'there's a rebel hideout on that planet over there' and their entire plan is ruined. The story makes complete sense.

I'm not saying the moral of Poe's character arc is good or that Laura Dern was smart, she should have seen a mutiny coming,I'm just saying this nitpick that reviewers bring up makes it sound like they're severely limited mentally.
And I agree the writing in TLJ was tv tier but reviewers seem to think they should have gone even further, more character exposition in uncomfortable dialogue. Most negative reviewers thought that Rey-Kylo force link was one of the better parts of the story, these are the people we're siding with.

that came out retarded
I mean that maybe she did, but keeping it a secret is obviously more important. Maybe her close underlings knew the plan but Poe was just a renegade officer on ship.

What kind of rebellion is this? Instead of putting the power in a strongly hierarchical command structure they should have created workers and soldiers councils that make the decisions together. This is just the empire in a different wrapping. It’s like there is a small intergalactical clique of people who nurture the hatred and who don’t want the galaxy to have peace. Will they be revealed in IX? Will both sides work together to defeat them in a big galactocaust?

Any walmart manager would tell you that you should generally fill your commanding officers in on your plan if your plan involves pushing your crew to the limit

That's the best part, user, this isn't even a rebellion. Their entire conflict against the first order means nothing to anyone outside of the couple dozen remaining "rebels" and the unlimited-but-never-too-many slave soldiers of the order. The people who are supplying weapons to the rebels are selling them to the order too. These are two small factions in a massive galaxy LARPing around with each other about how important it is to keep some shitty spirituality around for reasons, while everyone else has moved on from the death of the emperor and is probably living nearly exactly the way they were before, happy to let these people kill each other if we can get some of their credits first. If Snoke was still alive you could, weakly, claim that the Order was doing stuff behind the scenes to prepare the soldiers of the few worlds they have control over to stage some great expansion in an attempt to reunify the galactic empire but MORE RACIST, and the rebels needed to stop him so that they could help spread muh always good democracy to the galaxy, but now? How can anyone believe that a first order being run by a whiny child more interested in getting a girlfriend and spiting his parental figures has the ability to conquer and rule anything? How is the rebellion better off now that it's a few ships with skeleton crews but one of them knows some space magic? How can Leia say that that is ALL they need to save the GALAXY? In ANH Luke, a dumbfuck farmer on a dumbfuck planet, knows about both the empire and the rebellion, and the conflict between them, like this is a huge thing spread all over occupied space. By giving it a scale in nu-wars they prove how inconsequential everything they're doing really is.

I think one of the biggest problems with this and the previous movie is that they don't establish much of anything. One issue for example I had is, where the hell was the New Republic army. Sure blowing up 5 planets is bad, but for what suppose to be a galaxy wide power, that should be nothing. Turns out you have to go into the new EU to find out the New Republic aint shit and are only a handful of planets. A completely different, third party power actually now makes up the galaxy and is completely uninvolved in the conflict, and are the Trade Federation again under a new name. Leia fucked up diplomacy good. Apparently the entire army was docked on that one city planet they showed get blown up, because thats what you do with your standing military forces, put them all in one place. Regardless though, that is in an outside source from the movie, and can easily get retconned on a whim.

Some of that probably isn't important to this movie I suppose, but the New Republic army not being a thing is very important. Rey-Kylo thing was probably looked positively at because it involved Luke, and Hamil did his best with what they gave him. It was shit as well, but at least it was plot relevant and dealt with "the Last Jedi". So it wins be default. No one even notice Finn and Rose where missing, At this point Rey is immune to criticism for some reason.

Well shit, but yeah, more or less this.

This is because the Directive was to remove anything prequels, which meant removing the galactic scale war, coruscant, and politics in favor of extremely vague pew pew pew.

And because only Humans are in the film it seems very, very small. The funny thing is any Human (white, black, or otherwise) can pretend to be a blue-skinned alien or a robot, but that wasn’t good enough.

I wonder if they use droids.

Why would we need to use droids when they can be your droids, all for a very affordable price.

Looks like this "resistance" is nothing more than an extremist terror group. Remember Rey turned down Kylo when he offered to rule the galaxy. Guess government is boring. Better be the cool rebel and blow shit up.

Remember that its a movie, so the audience needs to know what the fuck is going on.
Poe asking for info is meant to be for the audience not the character
Holdo mc rainbow saying fuck off I aint tellin you shit makes the audience confused and side with Poe when he tries to save the fleet
a sudden ass pull of "oh we have a plan" doesn't fucking work in the narrative if you just established she probably didn't.
We aren't even touching on Poe getting demoted for destroying the "fleet killer" ship that would have rekt the fleet

Usually in these cases you'd show Hodor in a closed door meeting explaining the shit so the viewer knows what's going on. Let's face it the whole thing was written by hobbyist writers and hacks. Trying to make sense of this garbage is just a waste of time.

Both groups are basically terrorist groups as far as the rest of the universe cares. First Order isn't even the real empire, since it already dissolved. I don't know how they dismantled a super star destroyer, aside from they probably didn't, but there is no official Empire at this point. I could think of a few things they could do that would make episode 9 some what interesting. That all this was just two noble houses feuding, but it basically just makes these new movies completely pointless.

This would pretty much be the death of morale for the survivors and commander. There is literally no stupider move you could make than to demote someone after a victory, especially a costly one. This would lead to desertion or mutiny.

Female leaders in a nutshell

Why not? They also establish there’s not only “”gravity”” in space but no vacuum either, meanwhile Cameron just finished doing underwater pre-production on his space movie. The paradigm shift is habbening slow but definitely in motion.

Lol imagine how scene would have played out
Not exactly Jack Aubrey
/thread everyone go home

That explains how the nuRebellion hasn't sqiuished the nuEmpire like a fly despite their numerous mindblogingly fuckups.
The nuRebellion is somehow filled with people who make her a general.

It sounds like the Trade Federation is in charge of 99 percent of the galaxy, so most everyone is just ignoring this as a kind of sad little skirmish. It’s an interesting direction for Disney to take things. I guess the idea is to make Star Wars fans realize how unimportant Star Wars is?

Astrology, as in divination. Instead of studying useful stuff like maybe astronomy or military tactics, the leader of the rebellion is a profesionnal gipsy fortune reader.

SHE WASNT A FUCKING ADMIRAL SHE WAS SOME RANDOM BITCH WHO HAPPENED TO BE ALIVE

They way it went was just utterly stupid

All that secrecy just for that? I would have understood if there was a spy subplot and she needed to keep quiet, or if she had some super technical plan ready to go, but no. Had they written her as a cowardly commander who only cared about saving her own ass it would have made sense, but nope, STRONK WOMYN. All of that just made her seem woefully incompetent when you KNOW the writers tried to make her into this badass inspiring person.

There is no reason to waste energy on The Last Cuck any longer.

That is not even an excuse to be shit either.

It's beyond fucking stupid. Where are all the Moffs and their Star Destroyers and legions of Stromtroopers? The Empire's military machine didn't just disappear because the Emperor and Vader are dead. The old EU writers wrote a perfectly logical progression of events. The Empire is splintered but can still oppose the New Republic, while the NR is troubled by internal disagreements and constant attack by outside forces. Instead they give us a literal storm in a teacup, two factions that apparently don't matter at all in the greater scheme of things.

I believe in the latest Battlefront they explain the Emperor had it all destroyed in the event of his death.

Yes, it’s stupid.

She got promoted because she ate Leia's pussy so good.