Sequel game

Other urls found in this thread:

mobygames.com/game/knights-of-xentar/screenshots
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That sounds like a better reason than most games that do this.

This is the worst.

why has the body decayed in space?

It didn't. It's a skeleton astronaut.

Sometimes I wonder who thought that this is a good idea.

>Just kidding, there is no sequel game.

I know jack about Megaman.

Could you please explain the joke?

Is there an rpg where you start just as powerful as you did at the end of the first game?
the only one I can think of is mass effect

At the end of Legends 2, he's on the moon.

And now he'll be there forever.

I imagine it as the next tier of progress. The world has gotten that much stronger.

In the Mega Man Legends series, The Shining Laser is a beam cannon that the girl in that picture, your mechanic, can build for you if you find her the right parts while digging through ancient underground techno ruins. It's basically an orbital ion cannon that you can attach to your arm, and is appropriately powerful. The Legends setting is sort of like Firefly in some ways, but has an even lower power scale, so the thought of someone other than Mega Man owning it in that setting, where there are sky pirate attacks, is unsettling, hence the OP's post.

In Legends 2, she sells it off upgrade your airship, but you can find the parts to make another one later on. Naturally, the majority of players would have brought it with them into the final battle. The game ends on a cliff-hanger, with Mega Man stuck on the moon, which at some point was secretly replaced with a ancient Nazi robot control center, and the armies of dormant ancient Nazi robots still on Earth waking up.

Legends 3, a game that was never expected to happen, was announced about 10 years after Legends 2, and there was a shitton of hype, since Legends has always been a cult classic and fans were even encouraged to contribute to its design, which was something of a tradition from the old days of Mega Man. It was cancelled very shortly after, and Capcom had the fucking balls to blame the fans, who were literally doing free labor to see the game that they wanted so bad get made, for not being interested enough.

Up to that point, released gameplay footage looked amazing, and it's known that there was a playable demo ready for launch, which at least one journalist got to play, and it was reported to be fantastic. The demo was never released. Capcom subsequently cancelled every other Mega Man project it had in development. Since then, only one Mega Man game has been released, which was complete shovelware. This whole incident is easily in the top 3 reasons for why nobody trusts Capcom anymore.

tl;dr, Legends 3 was cancelled, so as far as fans are concerned, Mega Man is perpetually stuck on the moon.

In Knights of Xentar / Dragon Knight 3 you get magically mugged and start out buck naked.
mobygames.com/game/knights-of-xentar/screenshots

>no game does that

Baldur's Gate II is the obvious one. Going from SoA to ToB is the exact same party, items and all.

do you ever think japanese vidya ceos are trying to self destruct for some reason?

You got beated too many times

Last Light was shit

now thats what i call kung foolery

because of the bacteria you took with you

I FUCKING LOVED QUEST FOR GLORY JUST FOR THIS SHIT

I know bethesda sucks, but if I killed Emily, shouldn't she stay dead?

That's why there are canon endings when it comes to sequels.
But it would be pretty nice to see developers actually taking into account of what you did from the previous game.