ITT: Games that actually deserve a remake

What games actually deserve their own remake?

Try to beat this one

why, chronno cross is fine how it is

they would just fuck up one of the very few jrpgs thats isnt shit

Comix Zone would be neat if given to proper developer that would make look like a moving comic book. Also they could actually balance the game correctly instead of the bullshit one continue system.

A lot PS1 RPGs would benefit from just being ported over to PC and optimized well enough to eliminate load times and with an increased frame rate. That alone would at least make not feel like a chore to play through.

Nigger, Cross has a bunch of problems they could fix.

The assumption is that a competent company would make it.Maybe I should have said remaster instead. All it needs is HD textures

Also maybe there are companies that actually aren't sell outs, I don't know of any but maybe.

;_;

The entire Battle Network series. Fix everything that was mangled by text limitations and poor translation, restore cut content, maybe add a few new things… I've always hoped that someday they'd get fan retranslations.

Can we at least make it look as good as the sequels?

I did try to beat that one, but I got stuck on fucking Luxator, whatever his name is, at Terra Tower because apparently my armor isn't good enough with denadorite. I've got a shitload of rainbow material, but I can't craft it because even after I unite the two blacksmiths they tell me I need a better hammer, and I have no fucking clue where I'm supposed to find that. I tried countering the monster's Magnify with my Diminish, and he still slams my shit. Maybe if I had used traps to snag better elements I would have won, but that just makes it seem like I should start the game all over. None of this would be a problem if the levelinv was like Chrono Trigger and I could just grind to win. All of this frustration just so I could enjoy an interesting expansion to the Chrono story and maybe some nice music too.
FUCK CHRONO CROSS

its like you people are brain damaged or something

NEVER EVER

All I'm asking for is smooth curves, user.

REmake and Silent Hill 3 were both good looking and spooky

A GOAT game like Chrono Cross needs a remake? In what way, user?

Not having opening battle sequences chug at the speed of old age because the game pushed the PS1 hardware to its limits would be nice

This series should be redone with Phantom Pain graphics

Well FF7 sure didn't "need" a remake either but the clunky graphics didn't age at all so to introduce it to a new generation a remake is good. Or not…
See the underlying implication was that FF7 isn't even that good of a game, and in comparison Chrono Cross is something that deserves a remake way more.

In terms of actual updates would be interesting to see the battle system in real time, kind of like FF12

Oh yea actually the loading times were attrocious

Vectorman?

I watched a video of this game, and this is wicked cool. Never seen gameplay like that before, let alone having story progression immersed into the gameplay so seamlessly

I personally think that this game was ahead of its time and could be made into a pretty good reboot if given to competent devs.

Have you tried upscaling it? Emulators have come a long way and these textures look like they've aged decently. It may or may not detract from the spookiness I can't personally tell

It got a reboot that was better in almost every way, does that count?

This
It's like redrawing the Mona Lisa, it's a fucking retarded idea. Remake games that had promising ideas but for one reason or another were held back, like, say, Legend of the River King.

Smooth curves are shit. Polygon gaming is best gaming.

The FFVII remake is a batshit retarded idea from a gaming standpoint and a cheap cash in from a business standpoint, and you should feel bad for bringing it up to defend the idea of remakes.

Too easy. You don't have to look far to find a better example, and literally no one will argue that this one doesn't need a remake. Even though it could never get the remake it deserves.

What the fuck, that's not what I posted.

You win user

here's a wew

Sure it wasn't user.

But yeah, a remake of Xenogears with an actual second half of the game would be nice

I did try to neat it. Except the combat was so slow-paced boring and non strategic. Wow so many characters that ate duplicate or do nothing. Wow a story that's pretty much an epileptic tree of fan wank that's only tenuously connected to Chrono Trigger at best

The second CD of Xenogears was better than the first because the shitty parts of the game (the terrible gook rpg gameplay) were mostly absent.

Almost every single emulator nowadays has CD Cache and overclocking options lad.

ebin b8

Which tends break a lot of games or not work. Go play King's Field overclocked and see what happens.

Don't worry I got you covered

Its works every time m8
The only games it breaks are the ones which have no internal frame limit.

Nope, again it breaks games more often than not
Which is a good chunk of the PS1 library

Not working would mean that there is no change.

Not really. Quite a few games have proper frame limiting in engine.

just kill yourself

kys fam

just go back to 4chan already, underage faggot

I got a couple.

Some more.

Ports aren't remakes.

I think we all know who needs to leave. Back to >>>/cuckchan/

I really enjoyed the more linear design and shooting segments, but the AI and bugs are a huge problem with the game. All the sequels were better, but this shit felt way, way more tense than every other game in the series just due to the difficulty level and some of the tricky maneuvers you had to pull, along with the level design, for instance, the level where you need to shoot up the warehouse and then just barely hide the bodies, take the transmitter off the car, stick it in the briefcase, and give it to that midget, that shit was awesome.

Better graphics, programming, some maybe slightly expanded levels, removed jungle bullshit, and better controls would really make it an outstanding game.

I hate to say it, but as much as I love PSO, a remake of it would do terribly without a complete revamp of the battle system.

just kill yourself already =you unfunny fuck

I agree. Something in between the stiff combat of the original and the exaggerated PSO2 combat would be necessary. Enemy code would need to be drastically expanded and improved, as well.

kys tbh fam smh
>>>/reddit/

stop being retarded

But I'm doing the opposite of that. If you read my post I say the remake is good because the clunky graphics of old didn't age at all. Is that all that's being done though? No, so the remake isn't good (That's why I added 'Or not…')
They are entirely fucking up with the gameplay so it might as well be a different game. I already called them an incompetent company in an earlier post because of this, but that we can pretend they would be competent in an ideal world where remaking a GOAT could be a good idea. So it should've been evident that I don't support their decision.

Although I think Chrono Cross deserves a remake more than FF7, in an ironic way it's better that they are fucking FF7 and leaving alone Chrono Cross. Though I can't imagine how you can fuck up Chrono Cross. Dare I ask, what could go wrong?

All those mech games, and no heavy gear.