Kirby

I have never played this series, although have spent a lot of time enjoying most of the other main Nintendo IPs.

What are the best games to try? I feel like I should at least give them a go.

kirby 64

kirby superstar
kirby's adventure
kirby' fucking pissed

Superstar (or Superstar Ultra)
Adventure
Dreamland 3
Return to Dreamland
Planet Robobot

64 is up there, but it is also really slow compared to the rest, so I don't know how it would do for a first impression of the series.

I would make a chart but i dont know how
Kirby Super Star/Ultra; Kirby 64; Kirby's Dream Land 3; Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby: Triple Deluxe; Kirby Mass Attack; Kirby Return to Dreamland; Kirby Squeak Squad
Kirby Dream Land 2; Kirby and The Amazong Mirror; Kirby Adventure; Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
Kirby Dream Land; Kirby Canvas Curse; Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble; Kirby and the Rainbow Curse; Kirby's Pinball Land
Kirby's Avalanche; Kirby's Block Ball; Kirby Super/ Star Stacker; Kirby Epic Yarn

Super Star Ultra, which is a remake of the original classic for SNES and is crammed with content into one little DS card for comfy.

Best way to decide if you like Kirby's genera! gameplay or not. Also allows you to summon partners from expending copy abilities.

It's not your typical Kirby experience, and by that metric it of course shouldn't be recommended, but it isn't that bad a game.

Is SS the only one with partners? I've played a few other games and it just feels wrong.

Kirby games are distilled hapiness

Face it, the game is really lame outside of the artstyle.

Except the music. And going through the levels trying to get the gem bonus. And exploring to find everything within the levels.

Some Kirby games make 2nd player play as blob or a copy of a power.

Not even gonna acknowledge this?

Kirby is fucking cute though

yeah

Kirby is confirmed a male. I fucking hate these degenerates.

Second image is priceless.

They're 100% optional. The only way to get one is to copy an enemy first. Than Kirby can give up that ability to create them.

The game doesn't force you to use them at all outside of Helper to Hero and it'll run out of HP pretty fast.

user, he's a big pink ball, he obviously has a cloaca.

Since it doesn't contain a lose state, Epic Yarn is actually closer to a puzzle than a game, and as such, it can't be weighed against other Kirby games in terms of gameplay. Most Kirby games are games that happen to be comfy and cute, while Epic Yarn's primary purpose is to be comfy and cute. It's more of a Kirby-themed comfy simulator.

Kirby is a cute living magic black hole.

No need for any biological functions.

Nigger fuck off I enjoyed Amazing Mirror as much as I did Superstar, even with not being able to give multiplayer a try.

I smiled.

I'm not that motivated to play Amazing Mirror because my autism won't let me get over there being no blue Kirby.

There's spray-paints for your player Kirby so you can make yourself blue if you feel that strongly about it, do some exploration and hunt around and get treasure-chests and you'll find it eventually.

I forgot that one even existed, Good tier. It's a blast.

Seriously? I'd never expect devs to actually include an option like that. Fucking awesome.

If I remember right there's ~15 alt colors you can pick from, you can't recolor your teammate Kirbys but you can recolor yourself. Found through normal gameplay so hold your autism out until you find a blue paint.

Remember that Amazing Mirror is from an era where Nintendo still had redeeming qualities.

Here's a palate cleanser for you user.

That's more like it.

Fag.

So what games would Kirby play?

Balloon Fight

Kirby is a child of his species, and behaves like it. Being a child, he's not especially intelligent, but he probably wouldn't care about the content of the games he played, as long as they were simple and fun.

The child thing is anime only.

What would a mature adult look like of his species then?

found it

A I R R I D E
I
R
R
I
D
E

WE /poyo/ NOW

How can you claim Kirby is a male? There's no defining features that make him either gender, except for being pink, which makes him seem more likely to be female.

Devil May Cry DMD all S rank on a fresh file
Kirby is very motivated

Kirby does like him some 2kool4u combat going by Ninja, Spear and Sword.

I want to tenderly love Kirby!

Kirby is explicitly referred to as male in official material. That's all I care about.

you die

At this point I hardly even want to shill Air Ride Modoki because it will never be as good as the first few threads. I guess play that if you want to play alone or with Japs. Or just play it on Dolphin, that might be a better option. Is Air Ride one of the few online/LAN games for Game Cube? Does Dolphin have features for that? I'm still waiting on FFCC.

Dolphin has netplay, and Air Ride does indeed have a LAN feature. I imagine it's restricted to just the one console being emulated however, multiple consoles pinging off eachother is a nightmare to emulate like with the GBA.

Well at least anyone with Dolphin can play it, good enough for me

Kirby would probably play Minecraft all day.
and never go back to it after accidentally killing a pig

Woah

Meta Knight?

user I don't know why you are referring OP to the inferior American version "Kirby's FUCKING PISSED".
OP Should definitely play the Japanese version, "Kirby's very happy"

Also you should play Kirby Superstar