TUUUUUUBES

Metroid thread. I noticed something funny about the series. All but one 3D Metroid has an ice area, but only one 2D Metroid has one. I wonder why that is.

Other urls found in this thread:

metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Credits
archive.is/NKdIV
metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
metroid2remake.blogspot.cl/2016/08/the-future-of-am2r.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOPE

Probably because the 2D games(With the exception of Fusion) take place undergound and the player progresses by going deeper, towards the planet's core. It only makes sense for it to get hotter as opposed to colder.

Why are the Space Pirates the best villains of any game ever?

'cause

Hey fags. Am2r is out. Torrent it. It's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The creator really outdid himself. Stop being gay and play it.

TUBES YOU SAY?

You got the torrent link on you? The guy's website was taken down wasn't it?

What I've always like is that, while hey never do speak in the games, the Prime games do give a sense of personality to them. They can be dumb as shit, but the little things like "Science Team has vapor for brains," "disabling the power latrines because some of us use too much energy" and the like felt like it did a lot to make it seem like they were individuals with their own gripes and emotions. I especially liked that one screen from echoes about how there were suddenly TWO hunters, and the pirate writing it felt like they were doubly fucked.

It's currently on the Holla Forums volafile.

I belive it was along the lines of
We are truly cursed.
The metroid games are some of my favorites, and the fan art is usually pretty good. What makes them so gud?

TUBES

other m already exists

It will never happen

Getting the thermal visor would have been way better if there was a section where you had to sneak around the Space Pirates in the dark with the morph ball, and then suddenly get to go loose when you steal the thermal visor and get noticed by the pirates.

AM2R was really fun, but I have run into the invisible Gravity Suit bug. There is only so far I can get without being able to see myself, so now I'm stuck waiting until there is a patch for it.

Shame NoA's lawyer saw an IP being remade and thought "lol gotta C&D it, better not think twice about whether this is a fucking scumbag move that doesn't help Nintendo in any way whatsoever"

Straight up because of the pirate logs and what Retro did with them. There is no other reason.

I never played the Prime games and Metroid Other M, I think the consensus is that Other M is garbage, but should I bother with Prime ? I only know 2D Metroid and I hate playing FPS with controller, I only have a PC. Is emulation a viable way to play it ? And is there a way I can use a mouse and keyboard like any other FPS ?

Last I checked it's pretty easy to both emulate Prime and play it with KB/M, though I wouldn't know how to go about it myself.

You can go into the menu and disable it for the varia.

Escape from Puppy Death Factory sequel when Metroid thread?

If Nintendo was smart, they'd buy the game from him instead. I mean, why not, it's already completes and requires no additional effort from Nintendo's part. Not to mention it'd be free money in their pockets. Fucking idiots.

There's the fact that AM2R uses Game Maker, which I believe is already a proprietary engine on its own, so releasing a Game Maker game commercial could require some licensing. Let alone the fact that AFAIK Game Maker can't export projects to any Nintendo systems, and there's no way in hell that Nintendo is publishing any games for anything but Nintendo consoles (and mobiles).
This is not the same situation as the guy who did the Sonic mobile ports, who coded his own engine to do so.

What ever happened to the df space pirate mod?

After playing through the M2 remake and discovering how linear it (and the base game) were I also realized something. Basically Fusion was a spiritual successor to Metroid 2

Probably because they recognized, back when the series was good, how lazy and cliched ice areas are.

Just had a fucking brilliantly stupid idea for a game involving Space Pirates.

>Get your hands pincers/crab claws on the latest SP weaponry and tech.
>In their brand new research initiative: ==T==echnology ==U==pgrades & ==B==iological ==E==xperimentation ==S==quadron. Getting new untested tech from the lab out on to the battlefield faster!
>If you die . . . Well TOO BAD, send in the next test subject I mean Space Pirate soldiers recruit. Lord Ridley probably would have eaten you for your failure anyway.
>Have horrible risky missions like recovering parts to rebuild Ridley (because he died again for the 3rd time this cycle) or attempt to recover as many "about to hatch" Metroid eggs from a nest as you can. Or just a straight suicidal mission of fighting GF troopers.
>Find new lifefroms, and train them to fight for you. Do you want to be the first second Pirate to attempt to train a Metroid?
>Enjoy listening to the latest Space Pirate propaganda News updates via the tube about your progress for the Pirate cause.
>All this and more in Metroid Prime Feder . . . I mean Metroid Universe Adventures: Space Pirate T.U.B.E. Squadron.

Yes, but then I lose the extra protection from the Gravity Suit. That makes me wonder, what could the guy have done to the Gravity Suit to make it turn invisible. I mean it's just a sprite. Maybe he added some sort of effect that doesn't work on some graphics cards.

The Prime games had Wii ports, they have better controls.

I'm downloading the Wii Collection, I didn't even know the game controlled like a Goldeneye, I have trouble understanding how anyone could like those controls, but I guess I'll see, I hope it will be playable with a mouse and keyboard, it seems pretty weird.

Prime includes lock on, which makes things tolerable.

Do they? I was considering emulating the Prime trilogy with Dolphin and I was wondering if it was worth getting the wii version over the GC versions.
Does anyone has any info about this? Can I set up the Wii version with M&K or should I just settle with the GC versions and a gamepad?

Honestly, I say go for the gamecube versions of 1 and 2. The Wii versions lost some cool graphical effects, and the games were designed with the lack of pointer controls in mind. I feel they would end up being too easy with wii-mote controls.

Thanks for your input! Yeah, I know Prime isn't really a fps (I played the first one briefly a few years ago) so I don't know what the wii controls would add. The lack of graphics effects is a shame, too.
I'll get the GC ones, then. Just wanted to make sure that the Wii version didn't have some major improvements or something.

They do break the game somewhat, especially Prime 2 since it has so many homing weapons. Since you can keep your lock-on to a degree around corners, it becomes really easy to angle your charged Light Beam or normal Annihilator Beam shots around said corners and kill enemies with 0 risk to yourself.

How's Metroid Incursion anons? Worth a shot?

There's lots of neat added bonuses to the Prime Trilogy re-release of the games, like art, music, and in-game alterations, like dashboard decor for your ship and different suit textures.

metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Credits
If you don't care about any of that stuff and just want to play the games, I'd say go for the OG versions, they removed a lot of the speedrunning exploits that were present in the original game. Plus they removed a lot of the graphical features that were present in the original game, like the infamous water effects. I must say though, the textures are a lot crisper in the updated versions.

Do you mean the games are deliberately clunky to add difficulty ? I hear so much good stuff on those games but I really feel like I won't like the controls.

And are the changes that bad ? Like, Twilight Princess bad ?

The controls work fine once you get used to them. They're tailored more for platforming and exploration than they are for combat. The shooting itself isn't bad since it incorporates a lock-one system, the challenge comes from using the right weapons for the situation. It also helps that I had played very few dual-analog games up until that point. Since you're coming from M&K it won't be too much of a shock because you won't have the muscle memory of using a controller for a shooter.

No. They used the c-stick for switching beam types, leaving them to make aiming controlled with a lock on button and a free-aiming button. All the enemies and such are designed around having this control scheme, so suddenly being able to point anywhere on the screen in the direction you're facing can make things rather trivial.

Speaking of that boss, it seems they designed the face to look like something Samus would wear.

Yeah, I'm not fussed and it looks like the GC versions will be easier to set up. Maybe I'll take a look at the Wii version afterwards as a novelty. The dashboard customization sounds cute, I gotta admit.

The design stuff for the Prime games is pretty great. Retro really thought about all the little details.

Just finished AM2R yesterday, and i have to say, it hasn't disappointed for my first Metroid game. I really liked it and was in very high quality.

The Prime based artworks and designs are so fucking good, I HAD to unlock all of it.

Deus Vult?

Meant for

archive.is/NKdIV

So apparently ,fed farce has a single player mod as a crutch to make single player somewhat viable.

No word on it being an unlockable or not.

Still not buying that game new

After playing AM2R I'm emulating Super again, and god do I suck at it. Still the best sense of progression in the franchise. I'll probably emulate Prime 2 once I'm back home, it's the one of the trilogy I played the least.

Could be…

Could be…

Could also be them referencing a basic design in Samus' visor which gives her a lot of visual covering for a soldier. They just incorporated it ALL OVER the GF suits.

You know, seeing threads like these, and all the fan ideas people come up with for Metroid's extended universe for so many years, I've been aching for a EU Metroid game for a while. I must have wished on a monkey's paw or something.

Probably has something to do with Prime series being from a U.S. dev team, so it was something they thought was typical.

That doesn't explain Other M, though.

Other what now? Never heard of it

Nothing could explain Other M. Plus it was tied closest with Fusion (which had an ice level) and was set on a satellite, not a planet- right?

Some sort of obscure spinoff. It wasn't very well received, if I remember correctly. Avoid it.

I dont understand the whole tubes and the space pirates thing, but it seemd fun enough, heres some real shit OC to show my love for metroid though. Metroid Fusion best Metroid.

Wow, whoever designed the Omega Metroid fights for AM2R is a fucking dumbass.

The hitboxes are fucking TINY, only being like 2 or 3 pixels large. Even with 8 full energy tanks, it still takes off half a tank each hit.
Also, in Fusion, the Omega Metroid at the end was vulnerable to ice attacks to it's chest. Why aren't they vulnerable to ice attacks this time around? The GFS didn't modify an ice vulnerability INTO them, they were trying to modify it OUT of them.
What kind of bumblefuck bullshit is this?

In Metroid II, the only metroids with a cold weakness were the larval form. Fusion did make the Omega weak to cold, but that's more of an inconsistency on its part than AM2R's.

As for the hitbox and damage comment, git gud.

All of Metroid is set in a series of tubes.

If some were built by pirates than that means they really like tubes.

It was made by like one guy, and some fine tuning likely remains.

It's natural for projects like this to be overly difficult because the audience it's aimed at are not only familiar, but the creator would be so used to the project after so much play testing that they'd lose track of some aspects of balance.

Also this user has it right

This is Metroid 2, not Fusion. So it would be faithful to the original.

But, it's okay, we understand if you're not fond of the "toxic git gud" mentality.

I was able to make it to the Omega Metroid Lair relatively easily, however I'm stopped dead in my tracks because of how bullshit the hitboxes are.
Apparently there are a lot of bugs, but I wouldn't want to rush the guy to push an update, what with all the legal trouble he's in.
Also
Holy shit

An update is planned, mainly to fix some gravity suit glitch. Though he doesn't seem certain where it will be posted.

metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

I've been following the project for several years.

None as of yet, it would seem only file hosts are getting the DMCA, there hasn't been a C&D.

It's assumed that the Omega Metroid in fusion is a flawed genetic failure.

If you play the original Metroid 2, you'd blow a gasket at how you fight Zeta and omega metroid, because THEY CAN STILL FLY. In fact, they can also phase right through solid objects. All metroids are able to defy gravity with the queen being the only (seeming) example of one who has to walk.

Sadl, all the fan games "think" the omega metroid and Zeta metroid can no longer fly, when the source material they are from clearly shows that they can, but because no one played Metroid 2 and people only played Fusion, they think the Omega Metroid in that game is a "normal" one, not factoring in the idea of it being forcibly accelerated in growth possibly affecting it's growth.

An Omega shoot Plasma bombs, not fire streams, and in fusion, the Omega has a claw swipe as it's ONLY actual attack.

yow. Shame so many people don't realize that the Omega in Fusion isn't supposed to be referenced as a "normal" metroid.

It's basically the exact same hitbox that robot ridley in Zero Mission has and is just as easy to hit.

For anyone having the invisible Gravity Suit, try this the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

It was done mostly by one guy, he had some help for the music, graphics and writing.

Can I play a 2d metroid game on my DS? I had metroid II on my gameboy but never really got that far, so I'd like a good metroid platformer on DS as my PC is broken for the moment.

A regular DS can play GBA games, so you can play fusion and Zero mission.

that sounds fun.
how hard is t to make a 2d platformer?

I only said that because the hitbox isn't really as bad as he makes it out to be. It just takes a little bit of practice and timing to hit consistently. I honestly find the Zeta metroid more difficult.

You also assume those factors are intentional and not just making up for limited tech. Nothing in Fusion indicates that the Omega you fight is any way flawed aside from the inconsistencies with Metroid II, which could just as easily be explained by retcons. I mean, you don't get upset that Kraid is the size of a six-story building from Super onward, even though he was barely larger than Samus in the original, do you?

Well, I played the first 30mn of Metroid Prime, and it's exactly what I thought it would be, the controls are clunky, the FOV is literally making me sick, and I'm annoyed that I need to scan a thing and/or go into morphball everytime I need to go up an elevator, or open a door. Also, you can't use a gamecube controller in the Wii version, that's fucking retarded, I had the same problem when I tried to play some game on a WiiU and they forced me to use the tactile gamepad. Maybe it's just because I'm pissed off, but I don't think I'll give the game another chance, I'm fond of 2D Metroid and those game look unplayable for me.

At least try it past the tutorial area, where it actually becomes a metroid game and stops doing things like requiring you scan something every room.

Yeah, that's the trouble with Game Maker. From what I can gather there were plans for a console port of Undertale but Game Maker just doesn't work that way.

Now hold the fuck up, that was explained by The Mini kraid, showing he CAN have Small versions of himself.

And they could have made the omega/zeta hit walls, they did it with EVERY other foe in the game.

The could have made them walk, they were all confined to their own specific battle rooms, and there is only about 5 Omega metroids in the entire game.

They have the queen walk, Motos walk, Gravit walk, the arachnus has a unique moving method, and actually they have plenty of reasons to have made them more complex, but they seem to do exactly what they are supposed to do.

But the fact is that Metroids are not vulnerable to cold past Larva stage, the key step there. Omegas shoot explosive plasma bombs. I'm not saying they CAN'T walk in cramped spaces or choose to destroy a wall, but that it only having a claw swipe is just silly, but possibly because it's shoehorned in at the end of fusion during a countdown.

So why was the one in Zero Mission not a mini-Kraid? And what about Ridley? None of the games past the first one have a mini-Ridley.

That might have fucked up their behavior pattern, though. Unlike the two previous metroid forms, they try to circle around Samus and float just out of her reach. None of the rooms you fight them in even have obstacles for them to bump into, which probably means they only phase through walls to not get stuck on the floor and walls.

The Queen barely moves at all and only moves across a small, flat surface. Motos and Gravitts also only walk on flat surfaces. Arachnus doesn't even move across surfaces, it just jumps around. It was probably difficult for them to make Zeta and Omega metroids actually a difficult fight while walking on a purely flat surface, without being a repeat of either the Queen or Arachnus.

I was mulling over the retardation of the authority system in Other M while taking a shit, and I just realize how easy it would have been to have an explanation for Samus's lack of upgrades that not only isn't stupid, but actually ties into the story that makes sense. Considering the feds already had enough access to her suit to scrape the gunk off of it and make clones, they could have easily taken the upgrades and said "sorry, all your stuff was damaged beyond repair." Then, you would proceed to find that stuff on the bottle ship, this time in analyzer machines rather than the hands of chozo statues. Then, for the lava run, you would find the Varia suit in that area under the pretense that they were testing out its heat resistance function.

Mini Kraid was a fake out for anyone who played original Metroid.

Anything could have worked. Including populating the area.

Fuck, imagine if you got that instead of the final product…

What the hell is that pic related?

parody of "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story"'s cover based on the space pirates

If only I understood the joke

I like the lithe Fusion Suit over that ultra-bulky one though the ultra-bulky one having its own mobility quirks and workarounds in the same vein as the lithe Fusion Suit being light enough to not necessitate a Power Grip would've been interesting.

Obsession with tubes over the course of various games having shit-loads of Morph Ball tunnels, science shenanigans in Metroid Prime

So will the poularity of AM2R make Nintendo realise that there's demand for a new 2D Metroid game or will they just keep on doing everything they can to avoid making games that people actually want?

The latter, might be a talent-drain going on at Nintendo with people like Sakamoto going fucking bonkers and Miyamoto shitcanning things like Paper Mario. Also Iwata dying

Is Samus a virgin? A 30 year old virgin?

She probably took a few cloaca as a kid, that's why they kept her around.

There's also a weak spot on their backs that gets exposed briefly when they land from a jump. If you time it right you can hit it with a diagonal downwards shot even from in front of them.

I'm looking into Super Metroid mods, and I'm wondering what would be a good replacement for the story of Other M.
when first playing fusion what do you think was the story behind Adam?

what, you think enemies drop usable orbs of light naturally?

thought*

What Samus told us, more or less. Gruff commanding-officer during a brief stint with the Federation who Samus liked and respected, and didn't have any real quarrel with even though he called her Lady.

They can also crawl through a lot of morph ball tunnels in the end of Zero Mission.

They were obsessed by the morphball technology in Prime 1 despite all the failures in replicating it.

If I remember right they were also heavily interested in it because having a Morph Ball would mean also having Bombs, Bombs are quite powerful and can also operate a menagerie of bizarre Chozo equipment, and between a stepping stone into Chozo tech and every Pirate being easily concealed and having morph-ball bombs it's a rather powerful piece of equipment.

I still maintain that in Fusion, Samus' ship gets infiltrated by the X and left the station with her.

Throughout the game, it's demonstrated at on 3 separate occasions that:

You leave your ship for an extended period of time, the power goes out and you lose contact with Adam. This is ample time for the X to slip aboard, override any security the ship has, and go through Adam's memories.

Because it would have all of Samus' and Adam's memories, it would know how to best manipulate her; rather than have the station crash and burn, it would make more sense for its species to hide on the ship (with disabled sensors) and pretend to be Adam, help her defeat the Omega Metroid, and then lay low and bugger off to a different planet after she lands on it

That'd be an interesting way to necessitate the continued use of the Fusion Suit instead of just flat-out restoring her normal power suit (providing absorbing X isn't available to her without it since her DNA got written back to normal after absorbing the Ice Beam X) though it rides on the assumption Adam's mind isn't purely digital. Don't remember if they elaborate on that at all since Samus assumes he's purely mechanical and all it references is that top Federation minds are "uploaded" post-mortem.

I want another sidescroller Metroid game like Super Metroid

why is that so hard to make, Nintendo?

Ask the author of AM2R :^)

No wonder no one cared about Fusion at release. This is what they were expecting.

Energy siphon is in Prime 3 in the form of the Grapple Voltage item.

What if the X did go on her ship but by gaining Samus's memories it gained morality and is no longer evil. Only thing X had absorbed previously was of animal intelligence or evil..

Hell, already some precedent for that depending on how you interpret the SA-X Samus fought willingly giving itself up to be absorbed. It's giving up the Ice Beam so the Metroid can be killed but whether it's doing so to try and deliberately help Samus or sheerly because the Omega's a bigger threat than the funny-looking bitch is up to the imagination.

because you're a faggot

What am I in for Holla Forums

It had, in fact, absorbed the data of at least one of the scientists, given that it was able to mimic one of them. Didn't stop them a bit, unless you're implying the scientists and researchers were pure evil. I'd believe it.

A very solid Metroid game.

Did they update this? Did they fix that invisible glitch?

well fuck me, they did

Has anyone played Eris?

The game is beautiful but holy shit why does everything deal so much damage?

The kind of people with the time and dedication to make mods of games are the kind of people who already are so engrossed with the game that they are likely very, very good at it, to the point they lose track of what normal players (i.e. people who have played and beaten the original but haven't run it religiously like they have) are capable of. This is a problem with almost ALL fan mods, especially with smaller teams or one-man teams.

Combine with most teams not really knowing typical software development cycles (i.e. product testing on people who haven't played that game as much as you have), and you have a recipe for a modder making a game for themselves and no one else. Which CAN work out, but more often than not results in a product that is way more difficult than the receiving audience is usually ready for.

Daniel Remar actually did something neat with this problem when he made Iji. Instead of constantly making the normal game harder as he got better from testing it, he included some secret ways to make the final boss even more difficult than it normally is to give himself a challenge.

And then he made Ittle Dew.

If Ridley isn't supposed to be my husbando, why does the password ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER exist, hmm?

Well it still has that neat thing where you can complete the game with only any two of the tools you can find, which makes it significantly harder to figure out on your own compared to having all of them.

so what happened with the whole "sending faxes and nintendo power magazine c&d" drama?

How does Ridley's crooked neck even work?

metroid2remake.blogspot.cl/2016/08/the-future-of-am2r.html
To be honest, I DID bought Majora's Mask for the Virtual Console before the 3DS remake was announced, I wonder if Nintendo noticed me. It certainly was one of the most popular downloads.
I'd buy the original Black & White Metroid 2 just for the having the entitlement to bitch for more Metroid.
No, I'm not paying for Federation Force.

This still doesn't explain what happened to Nintendo Power. I hope there's a torrent for that.

How exactly did Samus left the Chozo?
Did she left with an old Power Suit & a Chozo Ship or was she found alone by herself by the federation?

I wish they finish their mecha thing soon so they can move on with a sequel to Dragon Crown.

>How exactly did Samus leave the Chozo?
She left with the Power Suit the Chozo gave her after she got pissy that Mother Brain killed some butterflies.

It works by voring me because he is my husbando and I want to please him

Weavel was the raddest hunter. Tracer was for faggots like me

Invisible glitch?

Metroids lose their weakness to ice as they evolve.
Its right there in the manual.

Don't touch the original one on the gameboy. You'd probably kill yourself.

I had an annoying 1-on-1 with a Tracer, once. It was also one of the few times I played online and wasn't against at least one cheater.

Can anyone explain to me the purpose behind the the design decision of needing to shoot five missiles to open a red door in the original Metroid rather than just one?
I have sought the internet for an answer far and wide, but only found none.

I'd assume for a sense of discovery but then a lot of shot back then was arbitrary.

Maybe to make it so you had to conserve ammo to explore thus increasing playtime?

I feel it has something to do with the fact that one missile expansion equals five missiles. Maybe the idea was that, since the first missile you get gives you five, you have to spend the "whole" upgrade on one door.

I thought about the idea of red doors being some kind of punishment for players who used up too many missiles, though I cannot think of a reason why you would do that in the first place, let alone thinking grinding enemies over and over for missile drops is a suitable punishment for doing so.

That's kind of a moot point considering pretty much every player will find more than one missile tank. Killing Ridley in Metroid 1 upped my maximum missile capacity by 60, so you have missiles for days, and red doors aren't all that frequent either to force one to conserve at least 5 missiles (not that most players would waste that many missiles, let alone allow their missile count to drop that low thanks to the frequent missile drops). Later games have save rooms or missile recharge stations which ensure you never run out of missiles (Metroid 2: Return of Samus should've been renamed Metroid 2: That's a Whole Lotta Fucking Missiles), so I'm starting to think that the red doors which require 5 missiles to open are just a 'series thing' which everyone just copied without thinking.

It was the first time they ever made a game like that and, again, their minds probably just followed the logic of "missile expansion = five missiles, door needs missile expansion to open, therefore door should need five missiles." No further depth to the design than that.

Why would a power bomb destroy the tube from the outside? You'd figure with it being able to handle all the pressure from the water on the outside the explosion shockwave would just bounce off of it. At least detonating one from the inside makes sense, the sudden change in pressure from within would shatter the tube. This happens to oceanic pipelines all the time.

Pretty sure power bombs are almost treated as mini nukes, it may be inefficient but there's only so much a pipe can stand up to.
IIRC there's something similar in fusion that you blow apart from the inside, but honestly can't remember.

I'm sure the added pressure from an extremely powerful explosive device that's more than screen-clearing would be plenty enough to destroy it from the outside. Power bombs are no joke.

And yes the tube is ripe

Yes she is, and actually being a virgin is important to the overarching story.

SAMUS IS UNDER FIRE

Good job, missiles.

I actually hate how Power Bomb doors exist and they should better integrate into the level design, instead.

I played one mod for Super where it replaced Spring Ball with a beam upgrade that allowed you to use more than Charge+Beam at a time. I did like having the limited beam options, since it felt more tactical; it would be cool if a mod came along that needed different beam types for the doors a la Prime.

Play it for a bit and you'll realise why people say it's not an FPS. The controls are fine once you get used to them.

Also, anyone got the AM2R patch?

L + R + B

What ya gonna do now?

who makes these tube comics

Science team.

Reminder that half the people who worked on MP now work at 343, and are behind the abomination that was Gaylo 4

there was one person on infinity.moe who liked posting these comics, but it can't be the same person can it?

it could also be that they are lacking direction due to poor leadership

or I have vapor for brains

I was under the impression that the MP staff was largely the art guys working on Halo 4. The shitty new enemies all look kind of like Ghor from Prime 3, which was fine in a Metroid game but looks fucking dumb in a Halo one.

Your brains are solid, no need to worry.

This is why I don't try to play Super Metroid mods.