Fighting Game General

I've run out of creative titles for these threads.

Story Mode confirmed to be Arcade Mode but with CGI cutscenes and it'll have special endings for certain combinations of the team besides the 18 regular ones.

Demo is out on the PSstore. It has 7 characters (Kyo, Iori, Shun'ei, Nelson, Sylvie and King of Dinosaurs).

Only the final release will be compatible with PS3 sticks.

Another World Team trailer is out, only two team trailers are left. The K' team and the Women's team.

Definitive Edition to be released on September 20th.

Former Sony exec Adam Boyes joins Iron Galaxy.

Dizzy's already out and Diorama mode coming sometime later this fall.

Juri was released but EU region and people can now buy her with fight money.

Garou getting ported to PS4 and PS Vita.

SNK and Sony are having a pool to gather interest on what game/franchise they should port next: twitter.com/giocorsi/status/758398018777251840

Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena has been released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/446040/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Other urls found in this thread:

hitbox.tv/p187
twitter.com/notBaf0/status/763416394289471488
youtube.com/watch?v=Htc56TWq-_8
twitter.com/CouchWarriors/status/759203658382843904
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85
shoryuken.com/2014/08/16/developer-commentary-derek-omni-daniels-and-mike-zaimont-discuss-street-fighter-ivs-bugs/
sirlingames.squarespace.com/blog/2009/2/22/a-few-things-about-street-fighter-4.html
gematsu.com/2016/08/street-fighter-v-august-september-updates-detailed
passionrepublic.com/en/work.html#popup_portfolio_7
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta
dreamcancel.com/
twitch.tv/itzromance/profile
twitch.tv/juicebox_fgc/profile
twitch.tv/gunsmith_on/profile
twitch.tv/uwantsssf4/v/83517534
twitter.com/tamlin69/status/765378591077109760?lang=en
passionrepublic.com/en/work.html
plays.tv/video/57b12d8a16516abae9/op-chun-hitbox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mains

Japan Team ending

GOD DAMN BENIMARU IS CUTE

maybe linked with Yagami Team ending (check previous thread)

If I can't 'get into' KoFXIV then I will quit fighting games for life. It's been too many years and too much money for something I don't have the means or time to reach 'having fun' with.

I think so, yeah. If it weren't for that asshole at the end, this might have been the first cozy tournament. No ulterior motive bullshit, just fighting for the heck of it.
Antonov is even heroic seeing how he took a blow to save a kid.

Anyway, I can't even tell if the end boss is hard or not because he just sits there taking it like a bitch.
I've already noticed in the demo that the AI is abnormally passive.

So did Antonov just want an innocent KOF tournament with no suspicious bullshit behind the scenes?

Yup

if you don't have fun with games, you shouldn't play those games. forcing yourself to play them isn't fun.

I still need to unlock 2 more endings… I guess for the 2 bosses?

Poor wording on my part. Should have said "overpowered".

YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND

Fightan games are a 1on1 personal battle. There is no running away or hiding from getting your face stomped. Nobody to carry you. This varies by how simple defence is executed and how much you can avoid pressure via movement which again is game mechanics specific.

Fightan games are extremely niche, contributing to this is the nature of the games themselves. They require a ton of practice. They have a tiny player pool. They have shit online support and populations. This creates a huge imbalance of noobs vs experienced and whether a game actually has enough players to learn with.

How many fighting games do people have to choose from right now? 1 basically, since everything outside SFV is dead for online play, being absolutely serious. I think fighting game players tend to live in a vacuum for how the growth and populations of other genres actually work because they're happy to just be good already and play the same folks over and over, while their genre dwindles.

The next problem is SFV isn't actually fun. SF4 seemed shit at the time but it was better than SFV. So you're left with no games. All 3D fighters are dead. All other 2D fighters are dead. Whatever else is old and dead or has shit net support. Don't give me that Xrd meme shit, it's irrelevant and ugly.

Game needs to have good gameplay and good netcode, online functions that allow convenient exchanges to happen for years to come.

I'm placing my final bet on KoFXIV.

Or just play in fightcade

I was going to ask last thread if Antonov or Verse had special endings if you beat Verse in the arcade mode with them, like how beating Dark Ash with Billy, Saiki, and the DLC characters in KoF XIII got you special ending portraits.

Antonov got his own ending.. But its meh. I'll post it later

aaand done. I unlocked all the endings, even Verse has one. I'll set up some things here and see if I can stream the endings. (the internet speed is not very gud here)

Antonov is a goofball with a heart of gold.

Might roll with him, Hein and I'm yet to settle on number 3 (Vice, Mature or Luong).

Testing
hitbox.tv/p187

I forgot to include the "Fightcade meme" in my initial post because you could've worked it out yourself already from what I did say. It's worse than the Xrd meme.

Playing all the KOF XIV videos here

>Joe: Mai's got you whipped so maybe a matriarchal kind of animal…
>Whip: Ralf harassment
>Kula rogers that too!
My sides got advance-canceled.

Verse split into past characters. CYS, Rugal, Goenitz etc in XV?

Thanks user.

thanks for showing the endings, user.
>mfw Ash is most likely coming back

When will this shit finally die

when a little kid falls into its enclosure and it has to be shot to death.

SFV dropping the ball and being incredibly shit is the best thing to happen to fighting games IMO. It leaves a huge hole that I think is going to be filled by KoFXIV, Xrd and Tekken 7, I see all 3 of those games getting massively popular.

Recommendation T7 summer costumes

overwatch needs to be purged.

It was like that since the beginning, everything outside of SF was considered too niche which basically means dead. Did it took you to understand this just now after all these years? I don't get it how you even played fighting games before if you want SF playerbase in niche and better fighting games. Or you're just SF player and SF4 was your first fighting game just like for many others?

If you expect a miracle from a studio which is slightly bigger than ArcSys, I advise you to leave fighting games right now. KOF will never be as big as SF, no game will be unless it's made by huge AAA studio and has simple mechanics. Even if SF dies entirely, fighting games won't become huge unless devs start to implement very simple mechanics ala SF, Capcom's fuck up didn't bring insane playerbase into Xrd which is better than Capcom's shit, instead casuals left for other games or for KI or are waiting for T7 and only few people got into other niche fighting games.

If KOF14 had GGPO, it wouldn't bring insane playerbase either, mechanics isn't just casual friendly. If you want an example, see Ultra, it has shitty netcode and is ugly, yet it was the most active fighting game because of simple mechanics. Other games need GGPO to make online experience better. With delay netcode you can't play with people outside of your country and that's a big issue if the game is a niche which means very small playerbase. With GGPO you can play with people around the world. In fact, the same thing goes for every niche game. C&C online fanbase is very small, but good online doesn't make it worse.

Stop being a whiny bitch and deal with it or try to change people what is impossible I guess with only some exceptions.

I defitely did not see that coming. But I'm glad Elisabeth might be back in the future.

Daaamn those models make sfv look like shit. I don't even tekken.

Honestly, SFV makes SFV look like shit

It really sucks. I like a lot of what SFV did but there's just so much un-defendable shit

there are so many games i want to play that i just end up being bad at all of them.

how do you guys manage to focus on one game & git gud?

what i don't get is that the re and monhun games have decent models so why do they keep fucking up 3d street fighter?

what are you struggling with?
you could always just play samsho with me

is there any meitenkun footage out there yet?
i wanna know if he's a character i'd actually enjoy or just a husbando

People played with him during EVO. Search for the casuals footage. I remember people in the twitch chat all PREDICTABO with Geese until his shippuken made him jump backwards right into a pillow. That was UNPREDICTABO. But I think him and Love Heart were the least played of the new characters and nobody knew about his charge gimmick.

Also, who said I'm good at all? I know somewhat KOF and 3rdStrike but can't parry for shit. Really like Soul Calibur V and UMK3 but I'm shit in that last one just like in DOA5LR and VF5FS.

Plz SNK. Make the netcode good or decent, bad netcode will be the only thing that could kill my hype at this point

TFW you realize Zarina has bra tanline

by playing them, if you like a game your going to keep playing it. If your just playing it cause you like the cast or want to fit in to the community then I got some bad new for ya bud

Players can set the message that appears on that stage

So with the final boss reviving people, is there anyone you guys want back?

If Rugal comes back, I hope that means Heidern will comeback, too. And maybe Kyo's dad too. I want 98's Team Dad back again damn it!

New Faces Team is the biggest thing I want.

I remember reading angry tweets by some black guy mad that they killed the gorilla for a white kid

And it turns out the kid was black

How about a dead dad team, with Jeff and Gaidel?

i saw a webm once where a bunch of black kids thought a gorilla in a zoo was their dad.

that probably explains why it happened

I could see maybe Rugal or the New Faces team coming back. But which version of the New Faces team? With or without their orochi powers?

Orochi got smoked again, so without. Although I'd really like O. Shermie to be back.

pretty cool theme. reminds me of the lich kings theme from secret of mana.

Are we just talking dead characters? If so, then it's a no-brainer - Shermie and Yashiro.
Also Goeniko. If Verse can control dimensions, then I'm sure he can get he R63 Goenitz.
And while probably not dead, I'd like to see Ron and Botan make it to playable roster.

Courageous Cameraman better be playable in the future

What does Ron even do now, in terms of story? He fucks off after the NESTS saga, with a few mentions here and there. Will we ever get to fight him?

Wonder how they'd keep her eyes hidden when people start digging through data and stuff.

I think he was last mentioned in Xiao Lon's back story. Probably just trolling Lin and eating dogs.
I imagine Duo Lon will stay the Hizoku rep if the need ever arises to bring the back. Fujoshi-bait and all that.

There's official art giving a peek at them. Wouldn't surprise me if her eyes were the cinematic shot for her Climax.

I want to FUCK Mui Mui!

Shermie

Is Ibuki any good in SF5? Her damage output without V-Trigger seems kinda poor

I think you're kidding yourself a lot user. It sounds like you have various reasons for not liking fighting games, but you haven't got anything to replace them with.

I play ggxrd nearly every night online, and there are always people to play. I get plenty of games. I also play every week at a local meet up for sf, smash and ggxrd, and gg and smash are the only ones that get big enough numbers to have tournaments. All of this in Australia in the middle of nowhere, so I'm sure it's better for euros and Americans.

No characters in SFV are good.

I don't understand the hate for SF 4 in general. It's basic but it's fine and got more people into fighting games again.

Footsies edition ( twitter.com/notBaf0/status/763416394289471488 )
Killer Instinctively wins 10 edition
KOFfing x14 edition
Sore-ryu-ken edition
Smash grab edition
Tekken has a crappy 1997 anime edition
youtube.com/watch?v=Htc56TWq-_8

Fellow Aussie, going to see Daigo?
Daigo confirmed for OzHadou nationals:
twitter.com/CouchWarriors/status/759203658382843904
Infiltration is coming too;
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85
So 3rd place is the best any Aussie can hope for…

SF4 hates:
OP Ultras
Focus Attack eats footsies
FADC
Floaty jumps
OSing
low-res 3d models
But overall I liked it. Haha

I actually quite like Focus and FADC. Focus I like as it spices footsies up a bit. Similar to parries in 3 it's an extra option for predicitive or reaction punishing. FADC is just any kind of rapid cancel from pretty much any anime game, spend half your meter to make something safe or to extend a combo. SF4 takes a lot from anime games really with lots of OSes and invincible backdashes, big damage from lights. All it needs is ultra meter doubling for a burst or something similar to balance that out, as it stands Ultra meter is pretty poorly handled.

Except shittier and less fun.

Ultra SF4 is for zombies. Hahahahah!
shoryuken.com/2014/08/16/developer-commentary-derek-omni-daniels-and-mike-zaimont-discuss-street-fighter-ivs-bugs/
sirlingames.squarespace.com/blog/2009/2/22/a-few-things-about-street-fighter-4.html

FA during an attack to cancel the move, then press a different button to attack. Eliminate the dash to cancel the FA that cancelled the move. It already cost 2 bars of meter.

Summary: Inelegant design

I'm still fucked up by the fact that Antonov only ever had good intentions with his KOF tournament

Makes me wonder what role he'll have in KOFXV.

Super SF4

LTG so butthurt he got demolished by a Smasher he posted a rap diss.

Ultra SF4

Stop posting

I feel bad for LTG since if a smash player beats you the fgc scene or people who watch it are going to tear into you for a good while. This was not the solution to his problem. I guess he can't take another L after viscant. I wonder when he's going to go to far, to a point where nobody will laugh at his shenanigans?

I wish mate. You competing?

Shit, did I watch the wrong video? Ken bodied him in about six or seven rounds.

Anyway, this is bad for ltg. I feel sorry for the guy. If he's a real guy and not just a fake e persona (I'm not entirely convinced) then he's obviously struggling to deal with the losses that are just a natural part of fighting games. He has a temper, and that's not helping him. All this dude has to do in reply is do a five minute rap repeating how he won over and over.

Why is LTG such a fucking retard?

He's black

I wish
Unfortunately I promise to help out at a cousin's wedding… in NZ

Huh, that's a new one.

I don't like how FADC makes some moves super safe(I don't like those things in anime games too), Ultras makes many Supers useless and 1-frame links are bullshit considering the game is supposed to be played on a console. But on the other hand, SFV is just boring.

nigga just recycled all his ole insults from his steam n shit tho

has anti even said anything? I wouldn't, LTG the type of nigga that just gone git more n mad shit ne way. is pleb normalfag talk nao? I know LTG ass ain't on no image boards.

forgot to embed this

was a pretty gud watch

Probably something like Heihachi in T2 where he tries to regain control of his financial empire. Maybe team up with other like-minded folks, helping him in exchange for a job/reward but will end up betraying him to the Board.
I'd like to see him teamed up with Mian and Sylvie. I'm expecting Kukri to team up with Ash and Elisabeth.

So was Antonov actually the winner of the first King Of Fighters tournament or was that something he made up?

Another playthrough but skipping some intros because like Geese x Terry because the guy is a cunt. At least we got Kula x Angel with Ice Place playing and the confirmation that Angel attacked Foxy in 2001

Anyone here play KoF14 yet?

Nobody.

What's you are excuse?

XIV is going to be the one, I can feel it. And we will have a few years of goodness before there's any time for "huge success -> let's fuck it all up for normalfags appeal".

Not for a while

Only huelanders and reviewerfags

Fighting games are shit teir and so are the people that play them. All of them are DC van and snap back wearing faggots that have masculinity issues.

I wonder what he was so angry about.

that's a real cop I think. off duty cops as securely make stupid money but have to do stuff like guard LI Joe and a bunch of japs who think they'll get shot by him.

He lost a match to Low Teir God aka TanSydePhil

Anyone here knows how to play Omega characters in usfiv? I want to get into Omega Dudley but I can't find any good guides.

now its up to 8 frames,disgusting.
I actually never ran in that problem,I either choose one of the other. SFV is boring.While SF4 was like a game between alpha and third strike gameplay wise, SFV doesnt have anything going for it other than being a sequel to 4.I heard a lot of people saying that its better graphicly that 4. with all those shit hairs and clipping? no. The V system seems cool on paper but it take away moves from characters and how the fuck is a street fighters game still only has 16 characters(redesigned because why not) at release and worse with no arcade mode?

Ultras were pretty bad my man. I'm not saying the v-system is perfect or even good but its a better, more dynamic comeback mechanic than ultras.

SFV input lag is mega retarded but do you know anyone who actually enjoyed grinding out 1 frame links? The leniency in SFV is a good thing.

1 frame links were fucking annoying of you played on a pad, linking shit in KoF XIII and third strike wasn't even nearly as migraine inducing as SFIV.

Think they found a sweet spot with KoF XIV though

V-system would be great if it wasn't for all that nerfing but I would still take grinding over input lag. Art moves are better but Ultras wasnt a problem for me, personally speeaking. Also why is V so slow? .

on a ps3 only max cancel was un-fucking-possible.I look foward to 14,it reminds me of '98

How comes you shit nights know everything about sfv but non of you can ever answer my usfiv questions? And then you guys claim that Holla Forums hates sfv.

I honestly dont have the Omega update or if I have I never used it. to my knowledge you need the update the change you character edition,then just do moves like you would and some would be different.

No one really plays Omega. I've been playing around with Omega Gen which is kinda fun, really you just need to experiment yourself and figure out what works.

Ash is reborn.
But wasn't Ash not exactly dead, but cease to exist entirely? How could anyone knows about him if he never existed? Unless Sand Guy was one of the people trapped in the white space at the end o XIII.

Orochi is "killed" again.
That was a bit underwhelming, but makes sense. But, if he was back too, C.Y.S, Goenitz, Rugal and maybe more might not be far away.

Dead getting back left and right
So, more of NESTS too? Maybe Krauser? Kain? White? MI characters?

how is xiv's netplay so far?
i was watching some streams earlier and it looked a little worrying

snk please don't fuck this up

I can play if the distance lag is bearable. I'm from Turkey.

Bad design choice for vanilla sf4 to make Ultras better version of the supers. Main advantage that supers had was that it was cancellable from normal moves. However EX meter was so useful, you almost never had super..

Sf4 is a flawed game but I still had fun with it. Not so with SFV though…

i actually thought it looked pretty good aside from one match. watched a stream where 2 guys were playing for about 3 hours straight with no issues until they played with another guy and it had major slowdowns.

btw has the input delay for kof14 been figured out yet?
i've been seeing people say 0, 1, and 4. which is it?

mikezsez.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/kof14-ps4-demo-input-lag-test.html

Averages 5.5 frames of lag at 60fps, 720p performs marginally worse than 1080p but that may be due to downscaling.

Who's the more famous Jamaican?
Deejay or Usain?

I miss CRT's

I've been getting more into fighting games for the past couple of years, albeit fairly casually (though I do play BlazBlue and Guilty Gear a lot). Is what I'm describing a "thing" in most fighting games, or is this just a KoF thing?

Either way, holy shit this is great.

Welcome to KOF, son.

I really, really like the Psycho Soldier theme.

Which is the best street fighter game and why?

SFV
inb4 I get called a battered housewife

How do other games deal with rage quitting, exactly?

I know people complain it's an issue with SFV, but what do other games do? Was just destroying someone in ggxrd and suddenly he stood still and then I lost connection to him during ranked.

With the current state of the game I disagree with you.

louder version

I'm such an utter pleb I can't remember. It was on Dreamcast and it had two versions on one disc. I then got sfiv and played the first version only, and now have SFV which I don't play.

gotta b eitha alpha or iii monica

If you're focusing on the coreplay and the mechanics, SFV. By far.
The game is poorly executed. IV was a better made game, overall. But on the core aspect of the game? V blows every SF games.
But they never should have to make to make the hitstops that weird. This is mostly because you have Capcom USA, who wanted to make a real fighting game for the players, while Capcom Japan is obsessed with making it super accessible.
Without this schizophrenia and with a better dev team, the game would be super legit.

The worst part of SFV is that the game is made by Capcom.

Alpha 2, third strike and V are my top 3 personally.

Simply due to the gameplay of both.

This is a fucking term for people who don't know how to describe fucking anything, there has never been someone who's used the term "core aspect" that can give a good definet reason as to what this even means.
So it's better because reasons and it gives the other games a gives a blowjob?

I don't need to read any more, you obviously have good taste.

You can say that.
You're right on this one.
I have one, if you want.

What in the fuck is going on it was 5am when I was playing this good

Anyone else have those days where you just play flawlessly for no reason

Then say it fam

I'm more into 4. I like that it has almost all the cast,multiple uses of meter, let you choose between edition(imagine second impact Sean in third strike) Hakan and the fact that Dan is actually good in this one. I like focus more than parry because you can still loose that health making the game not as defensive as Third strike.My problem would be no air blocking,that's a lame choice.SFV SHOULD be the best game but it's unfinished.

Thats perfectly fine, bud. You dont have to play it

Like its been a fucking week cant he give it a rest?

'k.
The core gameplay. The core aspect.
What decisions the devs are making to create the game's pace. The mechanics. The way characters works.
For example, on a core aspect, V-Skills are better, overall, for a SF game, than something like Focus or Parries. Because it relies of the character and embodies his weeknesses and strength. You don't give an armor move for everybody. Especially not for characters like Cammy or Sakura. But she can dodges fireballs and punishes with an attack. If you're too careless on this move, you're easily punishable. Exactly what Cammy is. Great mobility, but unsafe enough, so you don't have to play her dumb.

But, dood, if you want me to tell you my personal definition of a suggestive aspect of fighting games, just so that you can contradict it and say you're "right" about something…
SF is shitty in a lot of aspects, but great in others. A lot of SF veterans ditched IV and came back for V, that's not for nothing.

People likes to act like they're forced to play SFV.
So they can continue playing the game while joining the meme train.

Public announcement that Street Fighter V suckz

I don't feel forced to play it at all.

Remix :^)

Not a huge fan of V but this match was crazy at the end. I dont know how Daigo can stay so composed in situations like this.

If you enjoy the game, good for you.

The leak mentioned Verse having time-space-dimension powers but, looking at his abilities, it doesn't seem the case but, rather, he is simply formed by spiritual energy/souls/whatever from across time, space and dimensions. The resurrected are probably the souls that composed his body.
In any case, he wasn't at full power. Geese mentions the process was not complete and Tung and Meitenkun point out he had only one half of Shun'ei's power.
Maybe he should get another shot at in XV. Fully powered this time.

Anyway, his defeat and scatter was the perfect ass pull excuse for SNK to bring ANY character they want into KoF. Heidern even mentioned that among the resurrected are individuals with no record as past competitors.
*crossing fingers for Kain/Grant/White team*

Still no rip of Antonov's boss theme. T_T

Alpha 2 Gold, 3rd Strike and USF4 are my top 3. Besides gameplay, A2G has IMHO the best stages and OST in the series (and Saturn version has YUGE sprites).

SF4 remix

So what's next to be banned in ausfailia?

Something got banned recently? MKX is still in fine, so it must be some anime sex fighter.

I hate that about my country.

Valkyrie Drive got banned for being offensive to moral values

but why
oh you

thats some akira shit right here.

I can't wait for KOF XIV to come out

so that everyone shuts the fuck up about it, you spic shills its a ps4 exclusive who cares

All I know is I left the darn thing looping for half an hour. Reminds me of some of the trippier tunes in SamSho.

Anywho, here's the next couple of months of updates for Street Fighter Alpha Stage of Development V.
More innocuous talk about addressing rage quits, colors to buy, the daily challenges that should have been available since day 1, vs CPU option and a Double FM event.

gematsu.com/2016/08/street-fighter-v-august-september-updates-detailed

it's not just omega, whenever I ask something about sfiv I get no answers at all, but if I ask a question about sfv I get dozens of them.

From what I saw so farm Holla Forums seems to mostly play sfv and kof.

where urien

SFV continues to disappoint. I can't wait for kof to come out so I can have a side game again.

If no one is answering, your question could just be bad.

did the theme change at all? it sounds different compared to the previous builds

just found out they did change it. the older version doesnt have lyrics

video didn't embed

does athena have anything to do with greece at all or is she 100% jap?

If that is the case, with Nakoruru already there, they might bring Shiki back too. She was really cool in SvC Chaos.

But, the problem with the Ash scene is how they know anything about it, at all. But yeah, there are many SNK characters I would love to see in KOF too.
But I would love that SNK stopped with the teasing. Chizuro is teased in every single main KOF since 2003, but never made a comeback. C'mon!

It's matchup dependent, the version with lyrics only plays during Athena vs Kensou.

Probably saving it as a "surprise". The housewives get a kiss in the cheek every now and then.

Vocal version only plays during a Athena vs Kensou match. Similarly, the Antonov Arena theme has a different version for the boss fight.

The original Athena arcade game starred a depiction of the goddess. Then SNK did Psycho Soldier which is when Athena Asamiya and Kensou debuted and that's the characters we get in KoF. Asamiya is supposedly a reincarnation of the goddess Athena. But, if we're to put it in "physical terms", Athena Asamiya is 100% jap.

My bounceball brother. (Probably the only character I'd "salvage" from the 3D games.)

As for Chizuru, on the bright side, she''s not a hikkikomori mess anymore.

I miss chubby Athena.

Praise be to SNK

user that's not a fighting game. Why mention it?

I don't think so.

He was asking if anything got banned recently.

I'd get my hopes up but it's been downhill since 2. Sometimes death is mercy.

Incidentally, there's a topic about possible concept art for DaS3 DLC and among the site's portfolio I noticed a set of SC concept art. Anyone know if these are new?
passionrepublic.com/en/work.html#popup_portfolio_7

I just hope that Hoshino dude does something good this time and that Bandai namco won't gut the budget again.

I'm from Canada, so I don't think that's going to work well.

A friend linked me to this in preparation for KoF XIV. How useful is it and are there any more like it? I'm going to give it a watch and take notes in a bit. Yes, I'm totally new to the series, but I really want to learn and git gud with this one after not really feeling the SF scene anymore.

it explains the basic differences between sf and kof, but i'd also recommend watching juicebox's videos on kof's neutral game. his videos are about xiii, but the fundamentals will transfer to other kof games.

full playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta

dreamcancel is a good resource for snk games although the xiv wiki is still being written

dreamcancel.com/

twitch.tv/itzromance/profile

twitch.tv/juicebox_fgc/profile

twitch.tv/gunsmith_on/profile

twitch.tv/uwantsssf4/v/83517534

good luck, i hope you stick with it homie

So, do you guys have a favorite fightan move?
Normals, specials, supers, etc.

I think Terry's Buster Wolf looks awesome in certain games

Much appreciated.

Am i the only one who thinks Alice's engrish is adorable?

I miss classic Kyo.

Oh boy, more empty promises from Capcom. And still nothing about Urien. Why am I surprised?

It seriously took them this long for something that simple?

Fuck off, did you get upset when people talk about Guilty Gear Xrd?
Will you get anally perturbed when Tekken 7's hype starts building?
How fanny flustered will you be when KoF XIV's PC port is announced?
Will you have a mental breakdown when Sega does something with the Virtua Fighter franchise?

Maybe Bamco will actually be generous enough to give it a decent budget?

very nice

R.I.P power dunk

Maybe Harada won't bully Odashima this time.
"Talim? Setsuka? Zasalamel? You'll put me in your game with Devil Jin's move set because fuck you, that's why!"

in b4 it's smartphone shit

Would be nice though. But I'd like the game to go back to try and be its own thing.
In any case, like with Darkstalkers, it's one of those series I don't think I'll ever truly stop being hopeful about seeing more of. I don't get excited but I'm still not entirely indifferent.

Why'd you have to make me think of this, user?

NOW they wanna try and unfuck themselves a week before KoFXIV, and even then the update has a tentative "September" window.

Capcom is so in the dirt they have another shitty resident evil movie coming out

Sorry, anons. I'm just too used to being disappointed and I guess that deep down I'd rather know straight off the bat that it's something I'm not interested in than keeping my hopes up throughout months of development cycle only for it to amount to nothing once the rose's many thorns become evident. It's my fault for being extremely finicky.

Polite sage.

There were many rips but looks like Atlus is shutting everything down.

With Antonov's theme, kinda disappointed the actual track doesn't seem to have any name chanting like in the trailers, to be honest

Still hoping it will be in the OST collection that comes with the limited edition

the artstyle is perfect but the graphics looks straight out of sm4sh

It honestly looks PS1 CGI on motion.

Embed related as an example.

It's very clean. Maybe a bit too clean. It's kinda growing on me though.

nope it looks like sm4sh; its no tekken 7 but I like it well enough.

Reminds me more of VF5 if anything.

that's a pretty fair comparaison actually.

COPYRIGHT. fuck you atlus I didnt even know you had anything to do with this

Let's get this out of the way.
ANTONOV DID NOTHING WRONG.

I'm a big fan of cheesy/cute wind up spinning punches, like DK in smash, or here:

DAMNIT, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

he's not a villain

You can thank IronGalaxy for NOT doing that with 3SOE and their "arcade perfect port" spoiler: it's not

In spite of zoning being fucked because of parries, I still say 3rdStrike. I wish Capcom had the same care with that iteration it had with SFIV when it was making 3SOE. Many people love Alpha2 but I never really got into and oldfags recommends SuperTurbo but I don't like how strict the inputs are (yeah, my execution sucks, I know).

You guys are funny.

Placing them with other ragequitters, putting a huge warning sign that they are ragequitters and let the player not battling them, autowin for the other player and other things. I don't know about Xrd, only played in lobbies.

I can do some simple HDcombos on XIII but yeah, some HDcombos were really hard to do on a DS3. Fuck Elisabeth's trials were insane with the DS3.

Vocal version is Kensou x Athena special battle. Just like Kyo x Iori plays NewOrder and Terry x Geese have the '96 Geese theme. Ryo x King also have one.

If they pull a fucking toy/figure colab or I WILL get mad.
Also, I have no hopes after Lost Swords and really loved SCV mechanics but the Daishi is no longer with Bamco.

Somebody got a glimpse of the playlist:
Disc 1
1. FOLLOW ME (Opening ver.)
2. Member Select 1
3. Member Select 2
4. Yappari ESAKA (JAPAN TEAM BGM.)
5. Result 1
6. Tiger & Dragon (ART OF FIGHTING TEAM BGM)
7. Departure from South Town (FATAL FURY TEAM BGM)
8. Survivors Under the Sky (IKARI TEAM BGM)
9. Saxophone Under the Moon (YAGAMI TEAM BGM)
10. Result 2
11. KD-SR (K' TEAM BGM)
12. Soy Sauce for Koyadofu (SOUTH TOWN TEAM BGM)
13. Splendid Soldier (WOMEN FIGHTERS TEAM BGM)
14. Belief (KIM TEAM BGM)
15. tachi bou ke -Intrumental- (PSYCHO SOLDIERS TEAM BGM)
16. WA (VILLAINS TEAM BGM)
17. Magical Sky (ANOTHER WORLD TEAM BGM)
18. Continue
19. FOLLOW ME (Instrumental ver.)

Disc 2
1. Member Select 3
2. Sky Blue (MEXICO TEAM BGM)
3. Inheritance (CHINA TEAM BGM)
4. COCO (SOUTH AMERICAN TEAM BGM)
5. Venator Ballare (OFFICIAL INVITATION TEAM BGM)
6. I'm THE KING OF FIGHTERS (Antonov BGM)
7. ORDER SELECT Before the Battle against Verse
8. Independence from an Aggregate (Verse BGM)
9. Battle Dialogue 1
10. Soy Sauce for Geese -KOF XIV ver.- (Fateful Battle BGM1)
11. Battle Dialogue 2
12. ??? -KOF XIV ver.- (Fateful Battle BGM2) (this is the Ryo v King theme. i can't read the text here lol)
13. Battle Dialogue 3
14. Seoul Road -KOF XIV ver.- (Fateful Battle BGM3)
15. Battle Dialogue 4
16. IKARI -KOF XIV ver. (Fateful Battle BGM4)
17. Battle Dialogue 5
18. Ice Place -KOF XIV ver.- (Fateful Battle BGM5)
19. tachi bou ke (Fateful Battle BGM6)
20. New order -KOF XIV ver.- (Fateful Battle BGM7)
21. Burning On (CREDITS)

Disc 3
1. Prologue
2. The Middle of the Tournament
3. Antonov Appears
4. Verse Appears
5. Verse's Defeat
6. Epilogue 1 (JAPAN TEAM)
7. Epilogue 2 (ART OF FIGHTING TEAM)
8. Epilogue 3 (FATAL FURY TEAM + WOMEN FIGHTERS TEAM)
9. Epilogue 4 (IKARI TEAM
10. Epilogue 5 (VILLAINS TEAM)
11. Epilogue 6 (K' TEAM)
12. Epilogue 7 (SOUTH TOWN TEAM)
13. Epilogue 8 (KIM TEAM
14. Epilogue 9 (PSYCHO SOLDIER TEAM)
15. Epilogue 10 (VILLAINS TEAM)
16. Epilogue 11 (ANOTHER WORLD TEAM)
17. Epilogue 12 (MEXICO TEAM)
18. Epilogue 13 (CHINA TEAM)
19. Epilogue 14 (SOUTH AMERICA TEAM)
20. Epilogue 15 (OFFICIAL INVITATION TEAM)
21. Epilogue 16 (Antonov)
22. FOLLOW ME (Full ver.)

I need this.
Did someone download the music posted earlier that Atlus removed?

I'm gonna need a reupload of this, can't find the theme anywhere cause it keeps getting taken down

I have played it already. Got the copy early already.
If any of you anons have a question about this game, ask away.

isn't it just kof xiii in 3d?

trying to get into guilty gear atm
i have revelator and hav played on and off from sign
i love johnny and im trying to git gud
iv been trying to get basics + combos down but my zoning seems pretty poor atm
any1 got any vids i can watch or tips?

does any1 get sore thumbs from praticing? cus holy shit playing for more than 20 mins and i get sore thumb muscles

From what I played. Both are different at the speeds they play. Kof XIII was fast paced and you could do some insane combos if you knew what you did in the game. For XIV, from what I managed to play, the gameplay is much slower but still retained the meter gameplay that XIII revolved around. Honestly, this game plays a bit like how Street Fighter 4 and 5 does in the patience aspect of fighting. You can't be doing shit willy nilly and expect to hit something. Being patient is key in this game now.

No.
They kept pretty much the same design on a lot of characters, but the game is a bit slower and more focused on neutral.
HDs were hard to do and did high damages. XIV's new Max Mode is the only way to have EX moves. Only EX moves can be canceled into eachother, then into a super, then into a Neo Max.

No, because I use an arcade stick to play fighting games.

From 20 minutes? Nope.

try playing an arcade shooting game on that

your pad may be to blame try using a good quality gamepad
maybe you are not used to it or haven't stressed your thumbs like this in a long time
or you just aged really fast.
I used to be able to mash buttons like a pro in shooting games even on gamepads with just my thumb, now i can barely beat 2 stages of blazing star without switching to turbo profiles on my controller

Follow these and follow them in the way that it is telling you to follow it.

No, you must have very weak hands or your D-pad is all kinds of ass.

cheers mate

fuck. guess ill just deal with it.

i hope just not used to it as i havnt played much fighters since i was a kid.
if it persists ill look into better gamepads

currently use the ds4. whats a "better" gamepad?

i used to play i-no on pad in #reload. my hands would feel pretty fucked afterward, so i switched to hitbox

don't be too stressed on the fancy stuff while you're starting out. johnny is fundamentally a footsies character, if your neutral isn't on point none of the other stuff will matter. learn some basic confirms & mixups and then focus on using the right buttons to control the screen.

No prob. I don't even need turbo fire.
In fact, I actually play more the game that are suited for an arcade stick layout.

Modded SFV

Mai, announced for BBCF right now by Famitsu.

aww yiss

SF2Turbo
SF3:2I
SFAlpha2
uSF4

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Do you ever just run into funky stuff when you're goofing around in fighting games. This fucking j.HP hit so fucking deep on the other side, and it's the Mantis j.HP when I did a Crane jump arc.

This intro looks like it came out of the PS2 era.
I love it.

FUCK YEAH

CAPCOM DID IT AGAIN!

What did they do this time?

ABSOLUTE MADMAN DID A STEALTH CENSORING OF FELICIA's PHOTO BY COVERING HER BUTT WITH A JUMPING CAT!

twitter.com/tamlin69/status/765378591077109760?lang=en

Who the fuck does capcom think their target audience is at this point?

So they just censored a game that's been out for for years?

Yes.

And Holla Forums wants a new DS game

Capcoms weird, they'll censor something and then bring out a revealing outfit like the Laura costume.

If Elena comes back to SFV she'll probably be wearing shorts this time.

considering most older games are being released digitally now, I wonder what else will be censored in the future.

First I thought they got infiltrated by SJWs.
Then I thought they're pandering to the e-sports crowd.
Now I'm fairly certain they're just fuckin' retards.

I do but reality keeps bitch slapping me back into my senses.
It wouldn't be 2D, it wouldn't have half the shit that makes DS fun, it would be censored as fuck and it would probably the streamlined into basically being Street Fighter in a Halloween costume.

This is what fun looks like.

Someone modded FADC into SFV.

Do they think we don't know what's under the cat? Do they think SJWs think she is a powerful female character because there is a cat covering her g string in this picture?

I just don't see the point.

Not to be a censorship apologist but it looks like they only did the artwork? Maybe they didn't touch the game itself.

Still, that seems so pointless to censor years old artwork.

This was censored a while back. This didn't just pop out today I remember seeing it a while back.

Looks like those SC artworks I mentioned might really be a accidental leak.
passionrepublic.com/en/work.html

3rd Strike, because of this guy

I miss him Holla Forums

Does Q strike anyone else more of an alien than a robot?

Not really? Could be a bit of both tbh

If they're going to continue with Nightmare having a separate body, this seems to be the best choice. Wonder if that'll impact how he would play.

It's mostly the hand gestures. How he keeps his elbows, particularly. Especially when he walks up to someone he's defeated

When's Jubei?

Why do japs love Blaybloo so much?

Now to wait for the Extend version before even considering buying it.

Because it's animoo.

I'd say he's a synthetic human like Seth. I'm being so freakin' tall kills my theory about him being Abel though.

When they get tired of adding twinks and schoolgirls nobody asked for. Which is to say never.

What if he's what happens to Bison's soul after the end of SFV?

Two words; squirrel titties.

SF5 doesn't need FADC back, it needs juggle combos. I don't even get why people piss their pants over E.Ryu when it was the same axe kick into light tatsu shit over and over again.
The best combos were shit like Dudley pulling character specific ducking straight and machine gun blow juggles out his ass, and you could definitely make that work in V

Speaking of From Software's attempt at fighting game, it appears Chun has no hitbox after EX Spinning Bird.

plays.tv/video/57b12d8a16516abae9/op-chun-hitbox

Why must you do this to me capcom
Must be some stupid hitbox interactions because I can nail her with necalli's st.hk every time
Why is all the character specific shit in V designed to screw you over? Why?

You've got me. I honestly can't tell from that video if it's Rashid's hurtbox that's just gimpy or if it's that Chun has I-frames after EX spinning bird

Best fightan controller for SF3rd Strike? been eyeing this one

It's only invincible on startup. I practiced hitting it on whiff because I was sick of sticking my foot into the blender. I don't even want to think about the hitboxes the s2 characters will have
Bet you Elena is coming next year

Idk, personally my money's on Decapre since she's already pretty much done

N- nani

It's called hitbox.

I wish those things could have the movement buttons on the other side

Build one yourself with arcade parts, a keyboard encoder and a box

CAPCOM… VERSUS ESS ENN KAY TWO 2001 ON SEPTEMBER 11th WAS A GREAT TIME TO SEE THE PRIVILEGE BURN AND CRY

I played SF5 a bit after a month long hiatus. I now remember why I fucking hate this game.

You literally can't play defensively.
Whiff literally any non-light normal with Guile to prevent the fucking stupidly designed Ryu to dash in and you might as well have thrown a fireball. You don't have time to use your 8f cr.hp, MAYBE if you have meter or the jump isn't a crossup you can Flash kick because well Guile is still fucking free to crossups.
And the seven fucking times you actually do anti air don't matter at all because if you fuck up once you eat multitudes the damage.

I'm so glad I got a used copy of the jap physical release.

At this point the only thing I want from Capcom still is Rival Schools/Project Justice HD ports with school mode translated.

And if they censored anything; in the trash it goes.

trips of truth, everybody miss Q.

IS THIS THE FUTURE?

It sounds to me that you have a serious case of needing to git fucking gud instead of blaming the game.

Fighting games aren't videogames.

Tiffany was a master at rotating arms!
And also motorboating.

Why that gif got so big, fuck.

justcapcomthings

i was gonna pick up Resurrection next paycheck but now i've lost all interest

Just emulate Chaos Tower instead

There is a physical version for the ps3.
but it's japanese.

You mean the character no one really played like 3S Sean, Remy, and Twelve? Yea, whatever.

So instead of making a game playable, they spend more time on bullshit censorship for people who won't even play it?

God damn it, that's just retarded. Fuck Capcom. Why do you fuckers keep giving them money? Don't you fucking retards get that when you continue to defend SFV and give Ono money and praise you encourage this shit?!

I aa constantly, it's just that in this Jump Fighter 5 it doesn't deter anyone. And why should it? What's the risk of getting his for 100 damage when you can jump in and take 350 + a setup afterward. The risk/reward is skewed heavily towards the attacker, this isn't new information.

And still, the amount of times I got counterhit mid goddamn air trying to flash kick something is saddening. I have an idea what would fix it but I'm so sick of this dash and mash/grab/crush counter bullshit that I don't care to find out.

New id per captcha, so what?

guile is good in kof :^)

wouldn't it just get patched when i install it?

I'm not a jump fighter player but I don't remember my flash kicks getting stopped that often if ever in sf4

SFV Guile will be good after december patch, maybe.

It's not really about Guile, though he was a massive disappointment, I just dislike the dash friendly slow walkspeed nature of the game. If only they made Omega mode with better graphics.

They aren't invincible in 5, unless you use meter. I often get counterhit by crossups and Ryu's j.lk. Apparently if you use his memewalk during opponent's jump you can autocorrect it.

Meh, I'll wait for the balance patch.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO GRAB HAPPY IN THIS GAME, JESUS
Seriously, I've teched grabs/been grabbed in V more than any other fighting game that I've played. What the fuck.

This guy played a bit of KoF14 online

twitch tv /zinron/v/84002946

Yup. I'm still in 8ch, still in Holla Forums.

It's the principle that you actually Capcom to do shit like this by giving them money.

Besides, the port was really shitty like 3SO, and a sleazy cash grab. Go play Night Warriors and Vampire Savior on Fightcade.

But really, that is a very good reason. It's personal yeas, but not a bad one. Mostly because they changed it AFTER the release, a huge dick move to be honest.

5.5 seems kinda bad for kof
what games besides melee have less then 2 seconds of input lag on good setups? I'm guessing arcade cabinets are pretty good about that. And I'm sure dreamcast era is like 1-2

hard to react to with 8 frames of native lag

It really sonds to me that you need to git good.
Guile in V can easily crush counter any oponent in the air and combo off to that dealing great damage for a fucking AA, he can air grab, has a DP even if it needs meter, has a few AA normals, can use his V skill as a retarded AA because reasons.

Guile still can use his AAs when they do the jump in even if it's a cross up or you can just dash forward.

In a game where everyone lacks defense Guile has the strongest defense.

This makes no sense…

I second this, Chaos Tower is great.

What the fuck happened to you Capcom?
When did you lose your way so hard?

All the big name Jap companies are falling down. Look at Konami, they purged their most successful content creators, alienated their three biggest named franchises from gamers, and now they're on the path to .. something else.

Silent Hill, Castlevania, Metal Gear – all gutted and bleeding out.

Capcom, Konami, Nintendo .. I guess it's an inevitability that most Japanese developers will eventually lose the path and end up wandering aimlessly through the future generations of video games. It's my hope that From Soft isn't going to do this with their next big game. They had a hit with the Dark Souls franchise, but now they're "working on something completely new" so let's see how they do with it.

Honestly, I could see Soulsborne gameplay working in an Armored Core game, but that doesn't mean they'll do that.

You know what to do

BASED GOD!

I don't even like Tekken but I love Harada

Sick fucking burn

Why can't other devs grow a pair like this?

Nice Ultra vs Ultra scene

Who is going? 26/8/2016
ozhadou.net/syd-aug-15-update-list-of-international-and-seeded-ohn14-players/
Short version:
BST| Daigo (SFV, Japan)
DNG Itabashi Zangief (SFV/VF5VS, Japan)
E.G. K-Brad (SFV/UMVC3, USA)
PandaTV|Jiewa (SFV, China)

Thinking of making Juri my pocket character or to even ditch Vega for her.

Imagine Alpha sprites on the CPS3 (SF3) engine..

>it's actually decent

are there any good resources for learning doa? i'm finding it hard to find anything that isn't just waifushit

Oh look

because that worked so well for Erron "50/50" Black and we all know how ass NRS is at balancing

Excellent

Haha

80% of the roster can aa cc, the button you're thinking of wasn't meant for it and you're going to get counter hit more often than not.

The entire point of my post if you actually read it is that you cannot exercise your gameplan while defending. Every boom is commitment where you let go of your charge and are unable to press a button in time without being counterhit or stuffed. Literally anyone in this game can aa if they bait it.
Guile is nothing more than a shitty Nash.

Charge reversals are flash kicks.

No nigga, what I meant that that Guile has the safest crush counter AA with great damage even.
He also can have both charges at the same time ready.

Yes I call DP any invincible reversal, EX Flash kick has i-frames.

Guile is honestly a good character and in my opinion one of the top.

Everything you're whinning about is just lack of training/experience. If you want buddies to play with just join the Steam group and the Discord too.
You'll get easily people to play with and practice whenever you want mate.

When's Claudio ?

a fine choice, she has some fucking nasty quick rise set ups.

Ecks-rent!

His face isn't too good.

Also no rage art?

Who is the best new character in KOF14?

You're the guy that called a Zangief's grab reset a hitconfirm so excuse me if I don't care what you think.

So, they abandoned their Harley for Rocksteady's version
They are not even trying to get better, instead, will just use someone else's work.

DISAPPOINTED

NEW THREAD